MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#621 Post by damo666 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:19 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:11 pm
Yea the thing about Rumi is that if you take their personality at face value it seems very hard to believe they could be mafia

I think somebody who openly acknowledges difficulties with social dynamics and cues would be a lot less cavalier about pointing out their self-perceived contradictions. (source, there’s probably more but lol phoneposting)

If the whole thing is an act then sure, but I don’t think it is, that would be pretty wild.

Plus Rumi townslipped

So yea Rumi town
Also townreading Rumi but where is the townslip please?

Rumi Tobari

#622 Post by Rumi Tobari » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:20 pm

And I will say it again. Just for emphasis. This isn't accomplsihing anything productive.

Bonatogether

#623 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:21 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:16 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:14 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:04 pm

Rumi I've been pretty clear about that this whole time.

Rumi is the most obvious town who ever towned. This play is not even remotely scum indicative.

I'm still well within both my town and scum range.
obligatory self meta bad - you can't see yourself
I can see myself pretty well.
i like to think that too

worcej

#624 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:21 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:15 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:13 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:55 pm

And you don't have to people play mafia different but I think it's kind of silly to ignore info being given to you from someone who actually does have a base understanding of my play. You can take that and align it with what you see or you can ignore it.
I don’t disregard it, but I don’t trust it. The fundamental problem for you though is relying on Sabi’s opinion if you by itself makes me want to flip you more on D1 to gain more information on Sabi going forward.
There are far better ways to get actually pertinent information out of me.

But let me ask you why are you more or less likely to believe my answer to that question over any other?

Nobody believes self meta but everyone believes whatever you say about your experience even though it's extremely easy for me to lie about that as well no?
You not actually answering my original question has been far more damning than any possible malicious thing you were concerned about.

You wanting to ‘protect’ yourself over engaging is troublesome and a great D1 kill.

President Eden

#625 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:22 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:18 pm
President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:17 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:14 pm

obligatory self meta bad - you can't see yourself
son there is a mirror in the bathroom

maybe you can see how ridiculous your broccoli head perm looks
I dunno is there a mirror in the bathroom? I'm you after all
you’re not getting into my bathroom that easy, missy

BesharamSabi

#626 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:22 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:21 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
worcej wrote:
I don’t disregard it, but I don’t trust it. The fundamental problem for you though is relying on Sabi’s opinion if you by itself makes me want to flip you more on D1 to gain more information on Sabi going forward.

But let me ask you why are you more or less likely to believe my answer to that question over any other?

Nobody believes self meta but everyone believes whatever you say about your experience even though it's extremely easy for me to lie about that as well no?
You not actually answering my original question has been far more damning than any possible malicious thing you were concerned about.

You wanting to ‘protect’ yourself over engaging is troublesome and a great D1 kill.
I veto any D1 kill in neon. Find someone else

worcej

#627 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:23 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:20 pm
And I will say it again. Just for emphasis. This isn't accomplsihing anything productive.
For now, perhaps.

But the fact this position is established and now present could be value added down the road.

Rumi Tobari

#628 Post by Rumi Tobari » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:23 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:19 pm
President Eden wrote:
Yea the thing about Rumi is that if you take their personality at face value it seems very hard to believe they could be mafia

I think somebody who openly acknowledges difficulties with social dynamics and cues would be a lot less cavalier about pointing out their self-perceived contradictions. (source, there’s probably more but lol phoneposting)

If the whole thing is an act then sure, but I don’t think it is, that would be pretty wild.

Plus Rumi townslipped

So yea Rumi town
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:46 am
So. Yes. I'm town. Everyone knows I'm town. There's no point being ambiguous about it.
Page 8. Everyone could tell. I didn't see a point hiding it anymore. (and I'm learning that I'm not sure if there's a point to doing so in the first place)

damo666

#629 Post by damo666 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:23 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:22 pm
worcej wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:

OK ##vote Sabi

worcej

#630 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:23 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
worcej wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:

##end

95.078% sure my vote is not moving this phase.

BesharamSabi

#631 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:24 pm

BesharamSabi

#632 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:25 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:23 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
worcej wrote:

##end

95.078% sure my vote is not moving this phase.
Yikes on your end then. Conf biasing yourself is bad.

President Eden

#633 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:25 pm

damo666 wrote:
President Eden wrote:

Plus Rumi townslipped

So yea Rumi town
here

Fakeable obviously but I think my position on first time players “faking” this is pretty well-established. Take it at face value and there’s no realistic way Rumi is not town. So is that post faked? Cuz I don’t think it is, it seems plenty genuine to me. Early confusion about why townies are questioning you makes a whole lot more sense once you realize that mafia know each other and thus don’t have to question people to learn their identities.

BesharamSabi

#634 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:26 pm

I regret inviting new people here

Princess Neon

#635 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:27 pm

worcej wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:59 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:47 pm
I mean, I won’t deny the possibility of this happening but my intent was to try to learn more about you.

In my explicit case, I know nothing about you and want to establish some sort of way to look at you as a player. Otherwise I am kinda stuck in the ‘gotta kill one of the MU players Sabi brought over’ to figure out the group.

So you can stand by your principles here and hopefully die for it or try to engage with a new group so we learn you. Your call.
I will stand by my principles. I'm willing to answer questions about me so you can learn except where they are useless in reading me in any way and only serve to fit the narrative you desire to create.

My experience quite literally does not matter in any form. I can be the best new player you've ever seen and find the mafia in one day. I could be the worst veteran ever and single handedly lose the game.

It's not necessarily hard however to figure out my experience level just based on the words I use and the things I say. And you can use that however you like right or wrong.
My question wasn’t worthless and continuing to think it is shows your inability and unwillingness to engage with being questioned directly. You want people to infer instead of directly asking, which is elusiveness.
*shrugs* it's not.

Maybe you're being genuine I have zero idea about who you are as a player. I don't care your intent though because the question never helps its bad and provides nothing to town it is meaningless. My experience level means nothing in regard to who I am as a player it never has and it never will.

You Ostensibly claim to want to know to create a profile of me as a player... ask a question that actually matters because my experience means nothing in regards to my profile. Your idea of a new or vet player actually may be fundamentally different from how I play as a new or vet player.

Princess Neon

#636 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:29 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:12 pm

I don't disagree with your take. But the defensiveness (and imo, subtextual implications of community insularity) are something I am familiar with both personally and as a third-party observer to other friends. In addition, I don't think it's actually accomplishing anything productive.
Defensiveness is well within my meta as scum and town it is highly NAI
Point blank. You are reminding me of someone I used to know who was obsessed with the idea of toxic community dogpiling and insularity towards newbies, this is reminding me of the favoritism rhetoric they always used, and my own anxiety of having to be good enough to participate in anything>

I could sit down right now and go on and on about toxic communities that chased me out and amde me feel unwelcome for existing and daring to be new (read: 90%), (yes, you used the word toxic, that's the only reason I'm using it), places that are insular towards newbies, and that cynicial viewpoint that they'll turn on me next which if I actually stated believing, I would bail on the whole forum right now and never look back.

But again. Nothing productive is being accomplished with this talk. Talking about how things worked for you in other games and communities compared to your home forum is not achieving or accomplishing anything.
To be clear. I don't think this community is toxic. I think the question is generally toxic but I don't think webdip is toxic at all.

Rumi Tobari

#637 Post by Rumi Tobari » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:29 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:27 pm
worcej wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:59 pm

I will stand by my principles. I'm willing to answer questions about me so you can learn except where they are useless in reading me in any way and only serve to fit the narrative you desire to create.

My experience quite literally does not matter in any form. I can be the best new player you've ever seen and find the mafia in one day. I could be the worst veteran ever and single handedly lose the game.

It's not necessarily hard however to figure out my experience level just based on the words I use and the things I say. And you can use that however you like right or wrong.
My question wasn’t worthless and continuing to think it is shows your inability and unwillingness to engage with being questioned directly. You want people to infer instead of directly asking, which is elusiveness.
*shrugs* it's not.

Maybe you're being genuine I have zero idea about who you are as a player. I don't care your intent though because the question never helps its bad and provides nothing to town it is meaningless. My experience level means nothing in regard to who I am as a player it never has and it never will.

You Ostensibly claim to want to know to create a profile of me as a player... ask a question that actually matters because my experience means nothing in regards to my profile. Your idea of a new or vet player actually may be fundamentally different from how I play as a new or vet player.
I don't know either of your ideas of what a new or vet might be. I don't even know what questions to ask.

So from your subjective view, what questions actually matter? Because from my subjective perspective all questions matter.

damo666

#638 Post by damo666 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:29 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:25 pm
damo666 wrote:
President Eden wrote:

Plus Rumi townslipped

So yea Rumi town
here

Fakeable obviously but I think my position on first time players “faking” this is pretty well-established. Take it at face value and there’s no realistic way Rumi is not town. So is that post faked? Cuz I don’t think it is, it seems plenty genuine to me. Early confusion about why townies are questioning you makes a whole lot more sense once you realize that mafia know each other and thus don’t have to question people to learn their identities.
Ah yes. I immediately unvoted when I saw that. Rumi is as good as a townclear.

damo666

#639 Post by damo666 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:29 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:26 pm
I regret inviting new people here
lol

President Eden

#640 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:31 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:23 pm
damo666 wrote:
President Eden wrote:

Plus Rumi townslipped

So yea Rumi town
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:46 am
So. Yes. I'm town. Everyone knows I'm town. There's no point being ambiguous about it.
Page 8. Everyone could tell. I didn't see a point hiding it anymore. (and I'm learning that I'm not sure if there's a point to doing so in the first place)
and if that weren’t enough, quoting a different post and displaying a misunderstanding of what a townslip is… master stroke

Not a mark against you that you understood it differently Rumi, but a “townslip” is when someone makes comments that inadvertently reveal they either mechanically cannot be mafia or that their mindset is irreconcilable with mafia. Usually it’s in the context of expressing an ignorance of mechanics that you couldn’t be ignorant of as mafia, such as a private chat that functions during the day. (I use “ignorant” in a detached sense, not judging you for your lack of knowledge, just calling it what it is. You are doing great.)

Often people fake these as a joke regardless of alignment, but sometimes newer players genuinely townslip. My heuristic after a lot of games with newer players is that I just believe them until they prove to me that they can fake townslips to their advantage, because it’s often very harmful to the newer player’s enjoyment of the game to suspect them of something like that, and because they so rarely do it. I’ve been burned by this before (ask Sabi, they still revel in it), but it usually works out.