MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Princess Neon

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#121 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:02 am

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:42 pm
Byz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:29 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:19 pm
Newbies are so wonderfully... serious.
Feel like this post makes them likely town though. It's the exact sort of post a newbie trying to solve makes to try to understand the game. One that would be much more likely to made if they had scum chat to turn to.

##UNVOTE for now, but my vote needs a new home
Its a logic problem mindset. I'll always have this. Something of an obsession with understanding how and why. Mysteries are supposed to be solvable by the reader. (or in this case the participants)

This is Mafia, not And Then There Were None (and yes, this is a dig at Christie's writing)
This person is town and I will die on that hill. This play is not scum.

Also hi hi.

BesharamSabi

#122 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:04 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:02 am
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Byz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:29 pm

Feel like this post makes them likely town though. It's the exact sort of post a newbie trying to solve makes to try to understand the game. One that would be much more likely to made if they had scum chat to turn to.

##UNVOTE for now, but my vote needs a new home
Its a logic problem mindset. I'll always have this. Something of an obsession with understanding how and why. Mysteries are supposed to be solvable by the reader. (or in this case the participants)

This is Mafia, not And Then There Were None (and yes, this is a dig at Christie's writing)

Also hi hi.
Hi neon!!!

Are you caught up

Princess Neon

#123 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:05 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:04 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Rumi Tobari wrote:

As of 3 seconds ago and only up until I go to bed in an hour but yes lol

Also hi hi.
Hi neon!!!

Are you caught up

Princess Neon

#124 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:05 am

Why words go bye.

Yeah I'm caught up for now.

BesharamSabi

#125 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:06 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:05 am
Why words go bye.

What are your thoughts so far? Also do you have any questions about how voting and hammering works or how to iso?

Princess Neon

#126 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:10 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:06 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Why words go bye.

What are your thoughts so far? Also do you have any questions about how voting and hammering works or how to iso?
The extent of my thoughts as of this moment is that Rumi is town. Everyone else feels like they are all still in day 1 meme land. There's a bit of movement towards actual readable content but not enough that I can see through it.

I'm gonna be playing on my back foot a lot because of my absolute lack of meta knowledge on anyone here because my reads are much much worse when I don't know people's style but I'm at least > 50% sure of my Rumi read.

I've been looking around the bot I think I got it is maj hammer enabled?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#127 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:10 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
Rumi Tobari wrote:

Also hi hi.
Hi neon!!!

Are you caught up
Oh man, my brain is going to think all of Neon's posts are Eden.

President Eden

#128 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:12 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:10 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:

Also hi hi.
Hi neon!!!

Are you caught up
Oh man, my brain is going to think all of Neon’s posts are Eden.
I was very confused for a sec

Princess Neon

#129 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:16 am

My entire life goal is to confuse everyone I can ^^

President Eden

#130 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:17 am

Byz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:49 pm
President Eden wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:47 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:44 pm

You sound a wee bit scurred about Chaqa and Bona
No, that’d only be five votes, not even close to worrying thresholds.

I think the broader plan is silly though.
Why is that?
What do you imagine it accomplishes?
Byz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:58 pm
President Eden wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:37 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:32 pm

As members of a community more familiar with eachother than I am with you. I assume mafia might know who the better players at identifying them are.

Conersely, an ulterior motive for a townie isn’t necessarily logical. Under the assumption townies don’t have any way if identifying eachother, they might have seen something socially in how someone acts in day 1 and identify them as mafia.

Jumping to conclusions on why someone breaks the agreement will only lead to problems. So the offending player would be expected to explain why they didn’t go along, and more importantly, why they choose the person they voted for.

Also a thing I would want to watch: is who comes to their defense, how quickly, and the attitude of other players towards the choice.
I think I follow you—you were thinking about proposing a plan that would force some action, which would trigger reactions from the other players that would allow us to sort.

As it happens, this sort of occurred; Byz voted you then decided your behavior was indicative of a newer town player, while I questioned your reasoning and haven’t stated my conclusion. What do you think about our two reactions?
For whatever reason, “I think I follow you” in this strikes me as scummy. Can’t quite explain it, but it’s too agreeable in a way that doesn’t feel like it aims to solve. I’m usually pretty good at these feel reads.

Actually like this vote for more than just pressure.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

~~~
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:53 pm
President Eden wrote:
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:32 pm

As members of a community more familiar with eachother than I am with you. I assume mafia might know who the better players at identifying them are.

Conersely, an ulterior motive for a townie isn’t necessarily logical. Under the assumption townies don’t have any way if identifying eachother, they might have seen something socially in how someone acts in day 1 and identify them as mafia.

Jumping to conclusions on why someone breaks the agreement will only lead to problems. So the offending player would be expected to explain why they didn’t go along, and more importantly, why they choose the person they voted for.

Also a thing I would want to watch: is who comes to their defense, how quickly, and the attitude of other players towards the choice.
I think I follow you—you were thinking about proposing a plan that would force some action, which would trigger reactions from the other players that would allow us to sort.

As it happens, this sort of occurred; Byz voted you then decided your behavior was indicative of a newer town player, while I questioned your reasoning and haven’t stated my conclusion. What do you think about our two reactions?
I find his conclusion logical but dangerous. Detective mindset doesn’t necessarily mean Decalogue compliant. For one thing, Ryz only has my statement of having no experience to go by.

For another thing, I’ve implied a lack of social skills, but my vast paragraphs of rambling clearly disprove that which come to think of it, cast doubt on everything I’ve ever said. Huh.

Putting aside how my social anxiety affects my ability to ramble about logic problems, mysteries, and death games. By assuming me townie, Ryz becomes closed to hte possibility that it might be an act.

But being too skeptical of everything and everyone isn’t good either so… socialization games like this are kind of a delicate thing because others’ perception of truth tends to be just as if not more important than actual truth.
I think I follow you. :D

But actually, I find it odd that you think it’s dangerous for Byz to hazard a guess that you’re town. If you’re town, don’t you know that you aren’t acting? Why would it be dangerous for Byz to recognize that and townread you?

BesharamSabi

#131 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:18 am

Princess Neon wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
Why words go bye.

The extent of my thoughts as of this moment is that Rumi is town. Everyone else feels like they are all still in day 1 meme land. There's a bit of movement towards actual readable content but not enough that I can see through it.

I'm gonna be playing on my back foot a lot because of my absolute lack of meta knowledge on anyone here because my reads are much much worse when I don't know people's style but I'm at least > 50% sure of my Rumi read.

No. Hammer is a separate mech. To hammer you have to say ##end

Byz

#132 Post by Byz » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:20 am

President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:17 am
Byz wrote:
President Eden wrote:

Why is that?
Well, running someone up to the hammer is a tried and true method to get people going and generate readable moments. It's effective and fairly common.

Why are you so dismissive of it? Is it just because you are the one at risk?

President Eden

#133 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:22 am

Byz wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:20 am
President Eden wrote:
Byz wrote:

Why is that?
Well, running someone up to the hammer is a tried and true method to get people going and generate readable moments. It’s effective and fairly common.

Because openly announcing that you’re fabricating a push eliminates any need for people to have authentic reactions. Doubly so when you choose a popular meme target—not that you’d have known I was one, but you deferred to Sabi, who does.

Princess Neon

#134 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:23 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:18 am
Princess Neon wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

Intresting...

It makes me sad that I can't embed gifs here that's like half my gimmick.

Rumi Tobari

#135 Post by Rumi Tobari » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:28 am

President Eden wrote:
Byz wrote:
President Eden wrote:

Why is that?
Byz wrote:
President Eden wrote:

For whatever reason, “I think I follow you” in this strikes me as scummy. Can’t quite explain it, but it’s too agreeable in a way that doesn’t feel like it aims to solve. I’m usually pretty good at these feel reads.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

~~~
Rumi Tobari wrote:
President Eden wrote:

I find his conclusion logical but dangerous. Detective mindset doesn’t necessarily mean Decalogue compliant. For one thing, Ryz only has my statement of having no experience to go by.

For another thing, I’ve implied a lack of social skills, but my vast paragraphs of rambling clearly disprove that which come to think of it, cast doubt on everything I’ve ever said. Huh.

Putting aside how my social anxiety affects my ability to ramble about logic problems, mysteries, and death games. By assuming me townie, Ryz becomes closed to hte possibility that it might be an act.

But being too skeptical of everything and everyone isn’t good either so… socialization games like this are kind of a delicate thing because others’ perception of truth tends to be just as if not more important than actual truth.
I think I follow you. :D

But actually, I find it odd that you think it’s dangerous for Byz to hazard a guess that you’re town. If you’re town, don’t you know that you aren’t acting? Why would it be dangerous for Byz to recognize that and townread you?
My argument was presented under the premise of "what if he's wrong" and Iwas attempting to illustrate that in my argument.
Rumi Tobari wrote:
By assuming me townie, Ryz becomes closed to hte possibility that it might be an act. And if I was scum but pretending to be town, I would want to present this neutrally as though I were town.
I even spell that out right here. So... with that out of the way...
Byz wrote:
For whatever reason, "I think I follow you" in this strikes me as scummy. Can't quite explain it, but it's too agreeable in a way that doesn't feel like it aims to solve. I'm usually pretty good at these feel reads.

I've actually kind of suspected something was kinda off, but thought it was just my imagination.

Eden's felt overly agreeable and "on my side" in a way that felt beyond "supportive of newbies" as well as overly invested in my opinions, stances, logical processes, and potentially is trying to feel out how influence them.

BesharamSabi

#136 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:31 am

Eden likes to buddy newbies

BesharamSabi

#137 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:31 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:23 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:

Intresting...

Welcome to the 90s forum

Princess Neon

#138 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:36 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:31 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:23 am
BesharamSabi wrote:

Intresting...

Welcome to the 90s forum
Back in my day...

Byz

#139 Post by Byz » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:37 am

President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:22 am
Byz wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:20 am
President Eden wrote:

Well, running someone up to the hammer is a tried and true method to get people going and generate readable moments. It’s effective and fairly common.

Because openly announcing that you’re fabricating a push eliminates any need for people to have authentic reactions. Doubly so when you choose a popular meme target—not that you’d have known I was one, but you deferred to Sabi, who does.
If you don't give me a reason to vote elsewhere, I'll gladly sit here until eod

Plenty of successful wagons started as memes. Votes count.

Byz

#140 Post by Byz » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:37 am

How do I change my name to Princess Byz?