Win condition - Draw

New players can go here for helpful advice and to sign up for our mentor program, or if you're a veteran help answer questions.
Forum rules
This is an area for new members or members looking for help with the site or Diplomacy. Off topic threads and replies will be moved to the appropriate category.
eldowyn

Win condition - Draw

#1 Post by eldowyn » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:22 pm

Hi.

New to both off & online Diplomacy. (and to the rules)
This question is about winning, with a Draw.

So we are currently in a game with one inactive (wiped) and that kinda killed the mood for us. 2 players are winning and nothing we can do to stop that. And we want to move to the next game and start fresh.

In the rules (when googling) we can find that you can offer up a draw up to 4 players even if the players alive aren't part of that deal. If everyone accepts, you win.

We can't find that option in our game, am i missing something?

KR,
Eldowyn.

Jamiet99uk

Re: Win condition - Draw

#2 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:03 pm

eldowyn wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:22 pm
Hi.

New to both off & online Diplomacy. (and to the rules)
This question is about winning, with a Draw.

So we are currently in a game with one inactive (wiped) and that kinda killed the mood for us. 2 players are winning and nothing we can do to stop that. And we want to move to the next game and start fresh.

In the rules (when googling) we can find that you can offer up a draw up to 4 players even if the players alive aren't part of that deal. If everyone accepts, you win.

We can't find that option in our game, am i missing something?

KR,
Eldowyn.
Where are you finding that rule?

This is not part of the traditional rules, which are that a draw only happens if all the players still alive in the game agree to it.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

eldowyn

#3 Post by eldowyn » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:24 pm

I don't have the site anymore but a screenshot, which i can't post

The text says;
A draw can be offered for up to 4 players and can occur while all players are still alive. A draw is for only those players that are included in the text of the draw, but it has to be accepted by all remaining players to go into effect. If any of the remaining players reject the draw it is voided. Tie site does not allow DIAS draws, lalalala etc.

UR: https://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/vie ... =13&t=3472

But that's a forum post. I can't find a rule book at the moment

Gwyn

#4 Post by Gwyn » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:14 pm

I can't speak to wherever you're reading that, but here, a Draw must be agreed by all living players and ends the game.

If it's Draw-Size Scoring, all living players win the same amount of credits, regardless of whether they have 1 SC or 20.

If it's Sum-of-Squares Scoring, your take depends on how many SCs you have.

Saw725

#5 Post by Saw725 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:22 pm

PlayDip's default rules allows for draws that only include specific players and have DIAS (Draws Include All Survivors) as a second option. DIAS is the standard rule for Diplomacy, and as far as I know, the only system supported here on WebDip.

Jamiet99uk

#6 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:22 pm

This is not Playdip and that rule is not standard.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.