MINI MAFIA 1022 - Big Trouble in Little Genua - Game Thread [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: MINI MAFIA 1022 - Big Trouble in Little Genua - Game Thread [Hidden]

#321 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:40 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:29 pm
So what was the lesson last time, rdrivera? What should we do?
I was going to reply but think I shouldn’t impact rdr’s response here

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#322 Post by dargorygel » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:42 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:40 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:29 pm
So what was the lesson last time, rdrivera? What should we do?
I was going to reply but think I shouldn’t impact rdr’s response here
😊

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#323 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:15 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:26 pm
Sorry for missing EOD again but it won't have changed anything.

The lack of activity close to EOD pointed to this flip, but they need to be dealt sooner or later.

I am starting to feel this game like last game where scum just went with the flow and town just imploded.
I don't know, last game I guessed right the scumteam but was completely unable to convince anyone (my low participation had a big part on it). What I am tryng to do on my side is try to participate more and give reads and thoughts more often. I think the lack of participation and meaningful thoughts is what made town lose that way.

By the way, one of the reasons I liked Damo vote is that Maniac pushing Sabi looks a lot last game Maniac (but can't be sure before Sabi's flip). Added Maniac to my suspect list. This RIp yoak, rip Sabi isn't helping him either.

damo666

#324 Post by damo666 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:41 am

Yeah. Let's get Maniac.

DeathLlama8

#325 Post by DeathLlama8 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:51 pm

sorry I missed EOD, went out last night - rip sabi but like not that much ig

Really dislike damo's EOD->N2 so far:
- AFAIK, the maniac vote was based off of maniac protecting sabi with the quoted post, so continuing to push it without any apparent evolution after sabi flipped town is weird
- Keeping a vote on a maniac vanity wagon yesterday without actually trying to push anyone onto it also didn't feel right, especially when he popped up immediately after EOD to say it was maniac again and was probably on during phase processing
- The anti-sabi posts at the start of the night felt manufactured, but that was more of a vibe thing for me

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#326 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:51 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:51 pm

- AFAIK, the maniac vote was based off of maniac protecting sabi with the quoted post, so continuing to push it without any apparent evolution after sabi flipped town is weird
- Keeping a vote on a maniac vanity wagon yesterday without actually trying to push anyone onto it also didn't feel right, especially when he popped up immediately after EOD to say it was maniac again and was probably on during phase processing
- The anti-sabi posts at the start of the night felt manufactured, but that was more of a vibe thing for me
What's your read on Maniac?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#327 Post by dargorygel » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:31 pm

Not much was happening, llama. I am rethinking maniac. Notvsure if hecis just mirroring the low emotion of the room, or helping to cause it.

damo666

#328 Post by damo666 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:34 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:51 pm

- AFAIK, the maniac vote was based off of maniac protecting sabi with the quoted post, so continuing to push it without any apparent evolution after sabi flipped town is weird HOW SO?
- Keeping a vote on a maniac vanity wagon yesterday without actually trying to push anyone onto it also didn't feel right, especially when he popped up immediately after EOD to say it was maniac again and was probably on during phase processing I wasn't on at EOD
- The anti-sabi posts at the start of the night felt manufactured, but that was more of a vibe thing for me I clearly wanted to get rid of inactive players

damo666

#329 Post by damo666 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:35 pm

After EON townies should step up activity. This is all too easy for scum.

worcej

#330 Post by worcej » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:09 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:41 am
Yeah. Let's get Maniac.
I am starting to get bad vibes from you…

Jamiet99uk

#331 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:18 pm

GM NOTE

President Eden may be helping me do the phase end process. You will obey his commands.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#332 Post by dargorygel » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:14 pm

Is he knew here?

worcej

#333 Post by worcej » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:17 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:14 pm
Is he knew here?
Probably.

DeathLlama8

#334 Post by DeathLlama8 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:58 pm

- I didn't see anything especially alignment-indicative from Maniac d2. I thought the posts and the thought process behind them were pretty reasonable, but still within his scum range. Still somewhere between null and townlean for me.

@damo - are there other reasons that are causing you to scumread maniac right now? Because it just seems like you've gone from maniac/sabi to maniac/kak without really reacting to sabi flipping town.

- I don't think reacting to sabi's lurking is inherently fake, but "Going into full pelt Jamie style rant" after like two sentences is weird to me. It's by far the least substantiated of the original three points though

DeathLlama8

#335 Post by DeathLlama8 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:59 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:15 pm
What happened to Brad?

Kakarroto

#336 Post by Kakarroto » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:59 pm

first of all, thanks Jamie for the answer

second, apologies to you damo, since I mistakenly attributed the 'spew'-comment to you but it was indeed worcej who did it ... who also quoted my post in which I said it where he didn't acknowledge my mistake and even added another 'spew'-description of my posts nearly at the end ... was that a hidden taunt? Would town worcej do that? Am I reading too much into that? Hmm. Also I'm not sure how I feel about damo not looking for where I made the mistake but maybe that's just NAI?

third, I'm burst experiencing the game, worcej, if I may express it that way. That's probably why I'm condensing much and even making some mistake, see above. Probably not the best way but it is what it is.

@damo you said that the post of maniac worries you (where he urged sabi to play/defend), what do you think about it now that sabi flipped town?

@brad I also would like your thoughts about your rd/worcej chances for being mafia, you were asked about that before but I haven't seen an answer from you.

After I got up from bed (my rations are nearly gone, needed to buy so I had enough over the weekend and delivery is expensive) today I was taking a shower (I know, not really popular in Ankh-Morpork but here in Überwald we are a bit eccentric) when a thought hit me hard ... what about information PM's? I read through the starting information again but there was no information (but for the cop PM and that's not important anymore, poor ghug) so I was wondering if there would be information for/from the doc action, for/from the frame action and for/from the roleblock action? Like would the target of doc get informed (even if they weren't hurt) or would someone roleblocked (even if they had no action) be informed? I'm pretty sure the frame action wouldn't inform the target but I'd also like to have confirmation about that.

##askGM would the doc, roleblocker and framer get an information (PM, discord) about their action? Would their target get one? Is it dependent on a variable/factor (saving from nk, blocked from action, ...) or would they get always get an information?

I'm also thinking about if the mafia would've used their frame action last night. The chance of hitting the crossbow person wasn't zero. I'm also thinking about the possibility that mafia might've held both their actions and ghug maybe vistited the crossbow ... well kinda unlikely but it isn't zero percent chance.

Another thought is if the doc actually found ghug and did save him but mafia was on him and he visited the crossbow, but that would require that the doc save only saves someone from one source of death, so I should ask

##askGM 2 - can the doc save someone from death from multiple sources or does it count only for one?

but yeah, depending if mafia felt a bit risky or not they might have a second save target for their nk already. That would be probably a person who was likely to be scanned and suspicious on the first day/night. Or maybe someone who usually lives long into the end of the game. Well that only applies if they really did use their frame. Not sure how helpful that is so I guess I'll wait posting it for a bit, don't want mafia gain an information edge.

1. Kakarroto
2. Ghug (Cop)
3. worcej
4. Maniac
5. Damo666
6. Yoak (Town)
7. Rdrivera
8. BehesharamSabi (Town)
9. Deathllama8
10. Dargorygel
11. BradLand

also, usually that's what Jamie does but I thought it might be helpful

FINAL DAY ONE VOTE COUNT:

Yoak (6) - DeathLlama8, ghug(T), rdrivera2005, dargorygel, worcej, Maniac
rdrivera2005 (2) - Bradland, BesharamSabi(T)
damo666 (1) - yoak
Kakarroto (1) - damo666
BesharamSabi(T) (1) - Kakarroto

FINAL DAY TWO VOTE COUNT:

BesharamSabi(T) (3) - DeathLlama8, Maniac, Worcej
Damo666 (2) - Kakarroto, Rdrivera2005
Kakarroto (1) Bradland
Damo666 (1) - Kakarroto
Rdrivera (1) - Dargorygel
Maniac (1) - Damo666

(the blue coloured seems to be a mistake but I keep it in just because it's the official one)

VOTE COUNT 1.5

Kakarroto(3) - dargorygel, rdrivera2005, damo666
damo666(2) - ghug, yoak
worcej(1) - Maniac
Rdrivera2005(1) - Bradland
yoak(1) - DeathLlama8
BesharamSabi(1) - worcej

VOTE COUNT 1.6

BesharamSabi(2) - worcej, Maniac
damo666(1) - yoak
worcej(1) - Maniac
yoak(1) - DeathLlama8

VOTE COUNT 1.6 CORRECTED

BesharamSabi(2) - worcej, Maniac
Yoak(2) - Deathllama8, Ghug
damo666(1) - yoak

VOTE COUNT 1.7

yoak (3) - DeathLlama8, ghug, rdrivera2005
rdrivera2005 (3) - Bradland, BesharamSabi, dargorygel
BesharamSabi (2) - worcej, Maniac
damo666 (1) - yoak
Kakarroto (1) - damo666

looking back at D1 behaviour it looks like the only person who might've been saved is rd (ok, for you it might be also me but I know my role so I forgo that possibility. If any of you want to think about/analyse it, I'm open for questions)

at the time I must've overlooked that rd was that close to be leading wagon (well, solo leading wagon, he was actually tied leading wagon) so I thought at the time when I wrote my post it was between sabi, yoak and myself. Seeing as it was actually between sabi, yoak and rd leaves the possibility open that it was TvTvM.

If rd is mafia (and his partner isn't DL) then I think either dargo, worcej or maniac is his partner. I think damo, brad and myself have a very low (well in my case zero but if you don't want believe me I just add it here) chance of being mafia-buddies in this game.

With D2 voting, it might be possible that a rd-darg team tries to disconnect themselves (by darg voting rd and rd voting with me), but I don't think they would do it. I think it would make more sense that a partner of a possible mafia rd would just vote with an easy leading wagon. Most likely not start it, so I'd reduce the chances for DL-rd, so maniac-rd or worcej-rd has the highest chance, wouldn't it? Rd also said he townread worcej and nullread maniac, so in a 50/50 I think it would tip over to maniacs (mis)favour, right? Although the 'spew'incident and the fact that ghug who townread worcej died makes me rethink that a bit ...

It could just be that D1 was only town members being wagons and I'm not really feeling bad about rd, but, in case rd flips mafia at any point, please keep that in mind.

Also if I made any mistakes in my thoughts, please point them out if you notice them, it's not impossible that I screwed something up.

I think I don't have a clear person who I'd say 'sure town'. But I also don't have someone I'd say 'sure mafia'. Dargo, DL and rd are the ones I mostly lean town, worcej lost a bit townyness and ghug cred, damo feels better now but wouldn't say towny, maniac has some good and bad things I've seen. Brad I've not seen enough, there's this question about wor/rd which kinda matches what I came to with the voting pattern (as one possibility) but I'd like to know more how he came to that.

I guess it be something like that darg=DL<rd<worcej=maniac<damo=brad ... maybe more darg=DL<rd<worcej<maniac=damo<brad ... nah, somethings not right, I should come back later to think about it again. Hope I don't miss my alarm.

Thinking about it, it's with my order for worcej, maniac and damo. And the possibility of rd being mafia. If not, I think damo has a high likelyness of being mafia. If rd is mafia, damo rockets up in his townyness. I'm not sure how to visualize it, but I hope I got my thoughts through.

Welp, nearly missed the alarm, but lucky to get in time, though I can't go over the full post again. Ask for any possible mistakes I made. Kinda feel a little bit better about damo right now, feels like the easy way out ... but lets see what the night action will tell us. If by any kind of miracle it hits me, vote ghug out (a voice tells me he's evil), I guess, or listen to your heart.

DeathLlama8

#337 Post by DeathLlama8 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:01 pm

kak and darg are still town
probably also worcej?
idk people just generally need to post more

DeathLlama8

#338 Post by DeathLlama8 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:02 pm

night has ended please hold?

Jamiet99uk

#339 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:02 pm

NIGHT HAS ENDED
CEASE YOUR CHATTER
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

#340 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:07 pm

"Shit", said Vimes, reading the note that awaited him on his desk as he began the morning.

"A wizard? A competent one? This is getting more serious."

Dargorygel has died. He was Ponder Stibbons, the Vanilla Town.

= Day has begun, you may post. =