MINI MAFIA 1022 - Big Trouble in Little Genua - Game Thread [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Kakarroto

Re: MINI MAFIA 1022 - Big Trouble in Little Genua - Game Thread [Hidden]

#281 Post by Kakarroto » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:26 pm

Votum Memorandum Mortis
##vote kgray
damo666 wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:32 pm
I would guess at least one scum off yoak wagon [...]
my first gut guess would be that mafia would pile (either early or at the end) on the lead wagon since we know now yoak was town ... and there are only two of mafia in this game. I think mafia doesn't really need to fear any connection issues when just going with the flow when a town is going to be voted out. I would say the opposite than damo's statement is true, that at max one mafia was off of yoaks wagon.
dargorygel wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:17 pm
For instance...
why did or didn't anyone vote for yoak yesterday?
I read the thread when there wasn't much time until EoD left, the last votecount I saw was when sabi, yoak and myself were close together for being voted out. Well I wouldn't vote for myself in that situation (especially since I couldn't pay attention to the live development in the last minutes since I wanted to give my thoughts or at least as much as I could fit into there at the time and post in time to get a valid vote in) and between sabi and yoak I felt sabi was more likely mafia. I wasn't sure (and aren't right now) that sabi is most likely mafia, but in a choice between us three that was my logical choice at the time.

I've registered bad vibes the most time from damo and DL. I can't really point the finger to it why, it might just a wrong feeling. DL feeling went better with his last posts, him acknowledging that it might just be me and not anything saying about my alignment makes me think he isn't mafia this game. Maybe I'm just omgussing (that's the word for it, right? or was it wifoming?) but I don't have the same feeling about dargo. Not saying I think he is clear, just that I don't have that bad vibes.

also damo saying it was 'spew' isn't very nice, thank you.

I also had a strange hunch that ghug and worcej could be mafia together. Well, I guess the chances for that aren't there anymore, right? Maybe worcej is mafia and they got ghug because he townread worcej so that read would stay on the board for the rest of the game? Well sounds a bit crazy. I guess I should trust ghug in his read (for now).

Speaking of ghug, yeah, I tried to poster as cop (I knew I wouldn't be around often, as I said in the pre-game thread, so with my ankh morpork guard theme and me not being around much I'd be seen as 'lazy' 'cop') but I guess mafia smelled that even over the odor of the ankh ... I guess the best thing I could do for town in this game (drawing the nk) wont happen.

I'm glad that rd noticed what I was trying to do, but thinking (and maybe overthinking) about it that might've come from a mafia perspective. But I haven't seen anything else that would make me think rd is mafia so I might just see something that isn't there.

maniac stopped being as active as day one ... which makes me concerned and relieved at the same time. As mafia, he would've noticed that people might be wary about his higher participation and cut it ... but it might've been just a normal town maniac thing to do. I mean popping in to say he's handsome right after he is questioned that he hasn't said is a bit strange. Though feeling wise I'd lean more town here. Also I'm a bit frustrated since I had a good idea about two guys (Maniani and Ghuggio) sitting in the coffee and having that talk about anchovies and vegan stuff when K. Karrote would've entered ... well it is ruined now but I only have my body to blame.

Regarding brad and sabi ... I have no idea about brad. Sabi I lean to possible mafia but there's way too less to say anything definite. I don't think sabi would normally behave that way but I don't know what is happening on their end.

Then again, there was that thing where Sabi and Brad popped in at nearly the same time and dropped each two posts ... well might be just coincidence.

##askGM One thing that just popped in my mind: what would happen if the doctor targets a mafia that is visiting the crossbow owner? Would that save the mafia player?

Also I hope that is enough to not get nudged again multiple times. I will probably not being able to participate more than that per phase, so if you want sub me out, go for it. Maybe I come back for EoD but no promises. I think chaqa's in line, though he also said he wouldn't have much time, so I'm not sure how much it would improve. But think about it and maybe have a vote in the game or something, maybe ask chaqa if he'd be more active than me. Just wait for this EoD or EoN, maybe you or the mafia just wants to get rid of me in this game.

Ah right, I should do a real vote before I go again. ##vote damo

Just because it feels kinda right and voting sabi now feels wrong, that would lock that vote in and discourage sabi to come back and post. I mean sabi could be mafia especially with not having read 15 pages but could also not. Ah well, you will sort it out. At least if you choose to vote me out you will see that I haven't lied (well disregarding the thing that I postered as cop but I think you all can realize why I've done it).

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#282 Post by dargorygel » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:36 pm

Kak
Glad you aren't dead irl.

Kak DID mention his potential absence in the signups.
Here:
#7 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:04 am

I don't think I can currently guarantee my involvement in a long game, that's why I'm very hesitant. For what's up with everyone else, I'm not sure, but it seems like people have other things to do and don't have the time to play (rip good times on the discord server, I barely knew thee).

And Here:
#12 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:43 am

With the caveat that I might miss a phase (but then again, I should have enough positive karma from subbing in if I should need to get subbed out), I guess I could. It doesn't seem like I'd steal a spot from someone and maybe it could get the ball rolling.

Those are the key moments.
They do put it in context.
But did kak, knowing the recent successes of lurking to victory decide to play it out even further than he indicated?

Maybe.

But it is enough to switch me:
##VOTE RDR

What would sabi do if they were scum and getting hit/voted for lurking? (note, sabi, no one is yelling at you...) I could see them either jumping in and fighting, OR coasting in the same pathway. I remain suspicious though.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#283 Post by dargorygel » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:37 pm

(kak's post this time did not taste like it was pre-cooked. But that could be response to our not liking his pre-cookedness...)

Jamiet99uk

#284 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:17 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:26 pm
##askGM One thing that just popped in my mind: what would happen if the doctor targets a mafia that is visiting the crossbow owner? Would that save the mafia player?
GM NOTE

Yes, in that scenario, the Doc would save the life of the Mafia person.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

worcej

#285 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:20 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:36 am
Voting sabi right now because I think the way they've been lurking is more alignment-indicative
Why?

Jamiet99uk

#286 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:20 pm

VOTE COUNT 2.4

BesharamSabi (4) - DeathLlama8, Maniac, damo666, Worcej
Kakarroto (2) - Bradland, Rdrivera2005
Damo666 (1) - Kakarroto
Rdrivera (1) - Dargorygel

SABI is set to be eviscerated.

Sabi still needs to vote.

6 hours and 40 minutes are left in D2.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

worcej

#287 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:23 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:47 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:43 am
dargorygel wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:41 am
My thoughts about rdr and kak is that rdr voted ksk early, maybe a bus... but got off when it picked upna little steam. Hard to say though with such little action.
I will ##vote Kak and probably Dargo will say it's a buss.

By the way, there is very little reason to bus in this setup.

Also, I found weird Brad voting Kak and telling that me and Worcej could be scum. Still waiting for him to explain.
I agree a bus is unlikely if a player is anywhere near danger but a bus on a one or two vote wagon is possible.
I don't think bussing is more or less compared to any other game. If the teammate is that obviously going down, you might as well join in instead of risking your neck.

worcej

#288 Post by worcej » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:52 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Votum Memorandum Mortis
##vote kgray
damo666 wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:32 pm
I would guess at least one scum off yoak wagon [...]
my first gut guess would be that mafia would pile (either early or at the end) on the lead wagon since we know now yoak was town ... and there are only two of mafia in this game. I think mafia doesn't really need to fear any connection issues when just going with the flow when a town is going to be voted out. I would say the opposite than damo's statement is true, that at max one mafia was off of yoaks wagon.
I kinda find the statements from both damo and yourself to be non-helpful unless you're using it for your own reads and expanding it further to narrow down your opinions. It seems like you're both doing this, but with not much real effort to convince or expand in a meaningfully town way.
Kakarroto wrote:
dargorygel wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:17 pm
For instance...
why did or didn't anyone vote for yoak yesterday?
I read the thread when there wasn't much time until EoD left, the last votecount I saw was when sabi, yoak and myself were close together for being voted out. Well I wouldn't vote for myself in that situation (especially since I couldn't pay attention to the live development in the last minutes since I wanted to give my thoughts or at least as much as I could fit into there at the time and post in time to get a valid vote in) and between sabi and yoak I felt sabi was more likely mafia. I wasn't sure (and aren't right now) that sabi is most likely mafia, but in a choice between us three that was my logical choice at the time.

I've registered bad vibes the most time from damo and DL. I can't really point the finger to it why, it might just a wrong feeling. DL feeling went better with his last posts, him acknowledging that it might just be me and not anything saying about my alignment makes me think he isn't mafia this game. Maybe I'm just omgussing (that's the word for it, right? or was it wifoming?) but I don't have the same feeling about dargo. Not saying I think he is clear, just that I don't have that bad vibes.

also damo saying it was 'spew' isn't very nice, thank you.
I don't understand how you can have bad vibes for players but not be able to verbalize it. Shockingly though, this makes me want to town you because I think you wouldn't put the effort to float this out there as scum.
Kakarroto wrote:
I also had a strange hunch that ghug and worcej could be mafia together. Well, I guess the chances for that aren't there anymore, right? Maybe worcej is mafia and they got ghug because he townread worcej so that read would stay on the board for the rest of the game? Well sounds a bit crazy. I guess I should trust ghug in his read (for now).
I'm glad you think positively (I guess?) of my scum game ability, but truthfully I'd N1 rdr or damo if I was scum because they typically are good solvers and can communicate the reasoning well to the town. ghug usually is good at solving too, but typically ineffective at explaining the case, especially with the members of this game - if you had Durga, Flum, HR, and/or kgray here, I'd push for a N1 on ghug because they seem to typically pay attention to him in prior games.
Kakarroto wrote:
Speaking of ghug, yeah, I tried to poster as cop (I knew I wouldn't be around often, as I said in the pre-game thread, so with my ankh morpork guard theme and me not being around much I'd be seen as 'lazy' 'cop') but I guess mafia smelled that even over the odor of the ankh ... I guess the best thing I could do for town in this game (drawing the nk) wont happen.

I'm glad that rd noticed what I was trying to do, but thinking (and maybe overthinking) about it that might've come from a mafia perspective. But I haven't seen anything else that would make me think rd is mafia so I might just see something that isn't there.
Why did you omit me from noticing? I picked up on it rather quickly too because it was incredibly blatant. I also stated that I noticed it before rdr did.
Kakarroto wrote:
maniac stopped being as active as day one ... which makes me concerned and relieved at the same time. As mafia, he would've noticed that people might be wary about his higher participation and cut it ... but it might've been just a normal town maniac thing to do. I mean popping in to say he's handsome right after he is questioned that he hasn't said is a bit strange. Though feeling wise I'd lean more town here. Also I'm a bit frustrated since I had a good idea about two guys (Maniani and Ghuggio) sitting in the coffee and having that talk about anchovies and vegan stuff when K. Karrote would've entered ... well it is ruined now but I only have my body to blame.

Regarding brad and sabi ... I have no idea about brad. Sabi I lean to possible mafia but there's way too less to say anything definite. I don't think sabi would normally behave that way but I don't know what is happening on their end.

Then again, there was that thing where Sabi and Brad popped in at nearly the same time and dropped each two posts ... well might be just coincidence.

Also I hope that is enough to not get nudged again multiple times. I will probably not being able to participate more than that per phase, so if you want sub me out, go for it. Maybe I come back for EoD but no promises. I think chaqa's in line, though he also said he wouldn't have much time, so I'm not sure how much it would improve. But think about it and maybe have a vote in the game or something, maybe ask chaqa if he'd be more active than me. Just wait for this EoD or EoN, maybe you or the mafia just wants to get rid of me in this game.

Ah right, I should do a real vote before I go again. ##vote damo

Just because it feels kinda right and voting sabi now feels wrong, that would lock that vote in and discourage sabi to come back and post. I mean sabi could be mafia especially with not having read 15 pages but could also not. Ah well, you will sort it out. At least if you choose to vote me out you will see that I haven't lied (well disregarding the thing that I postered as cop but I think you all can realize why I've done it).
Fine with your damo vote (it's consistent to the spew) but struggle to see how voting sabi is wrong with the absolute lack of participation in their posting. Already mentioned my reasoning, and it could be a little Lawful Evil of me, but if they are town then they are just a boat anchor that needs to be cut off while we can. Too many games have been destroyed by disengaged town players in Milo/Kilo. Brad and you have done more to convey thought process than Sabi has.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#289 Post by Maniac » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:38 pm

Kak with over 1000 words per post on D2 is the lowest poster.

I like how they have come in and not voted for their main rival. That only makes sense if they are both scum, which is unlikely. I also like that Kak had mentioned they were likely to be busy in the sign-ups. Overall Kak looks town to me.

I’m surprised dargorygil has opened up a new candidate. But not sure what to make of that. Would scum in a S v T race open up a new T candidate here? Surely scum in a T v T race would just see how that develops. Dargo leans town.

I’m happy to stay on Sabi.

@sabi I apologise if I’ve used the wrong pronouns.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#290 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:15 pm

Maniac wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:38 pm
Kak with over 1000 words per post on D2 is the lowest poster.

I like how they have come in and not voted for their main rival. That only makes sense if they are both scum, which is unlikely. I also like that Kak had mentioned they were likely to be busy in the sign-ups. Overall Kak looks town to me.

I’m surprised dargorygil has opened up a new candidate. But not sure what to make of that. Would scum in a S v T race open up a new T candidate here? Surely scum in a T v T race would just see how that develops. Dargo leans town.

I’m happy to stay on Sabi.

@sabi I apologise if I’ve used the wrong pronouns.
I think Dargo is town, just wrong about me. And voting outside of Sabi now is a decent choice as having a runaway wagon isn't usually great for later.

I liked Kak's post, there is some points I agree like Damo being weird and the question to GM seems to have a town mindset. It could be faked but I didn't remember Kak faking this kind of thing.

Considering this I will ##vote Damo and keep waiting for Sabi and Brad to show up.

damo666

#291 Post by damo666 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:33 pm

##vote Maniac

Sobvious

damo666

#292 Post by damo666 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:36 pm

Please quote where I said "spew"

Jamiet99uk

#293 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:17 pm

VOTE COUNT 2.5

BesharamSabi (3) - DeathLlama8, Maniac, Worcej
Kakarroto (2) - Bradland, Rdrivera2005
Damo666 (1) - Kakarroto
Maniac (1) - Damo666

Less than two hours are left in D2.

Jamiet99uk

#294 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:19 pm

CORRECTION
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:17 pm
VOTE COUNT 2.5

BesharamSabi (3) - DeathLlama8, Maniac, Worcej
Damo666 (2) - Kakarroto, Rdrivera2005
Kakarroto (1) Bradland
Damo666 (1) - Kakarroto
Maniac (1) - Damo666

Less than two hours are left in D2.
CORRECTED

DeathLlama8

#295 Post by DeathLlama8 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:19 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:39 am
Maniac wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:32 am
I can’t recall a two wagon race so early in the day before. I like it. Both kill candidates need to come out and play. If either/both are town we need you to convince us why you’re town.
Now this post worries me.

Smacks of "Sabi my dear scummate for gawd sake defend yourself"
I don't think maniac/sabi is any likelier because of this (sabi isn't reading the thread afaik so it's not like it would work, and maniac has pushed sabi as a kill candidate yesterday and today). I guess if kak v sabi is TvT it could be a scum attempt to solidify a TvT EOD, but other than that it doesn't really affect my view of him

DeathLlama8

#296 Post by DeathLlama8 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:23 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:20 pm
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:36 am
Voting sabi right now because I think the way they've been lurking is more alignment-indicative
Why?
It's specifically more alignment-indicative for them - I've found town sabi to be much higher energy than scum sabi in the past, and the "sorry I need to catch up" x3 feels more of an act than what kak's been doing, which better fits his town meta

feeling better about kak being town re: wallpost as well, especially because he didn't solidify the sabi wagon despite having a pretty easy way to do so and himself being the biggest cw

DeathLlama8

#297 Post by DeathLlama8 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:24 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:15 pm
I liked Kak's post, there is some points I agree like Damo being weird and the question to GM seems to have a town mindset. It could be faked but I didn't remember Kak faking this kind of thing.

Considering this I will vote Damo and keep waiting for Sabi and Brad to show up.
Can you elaborate on what you found weird->scummy about Damo independently of kak's read?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#298 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:42 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:24 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:15 pm

Considering this I will vote Damo and keep waiting for Sabi and Brad to show up.
Can you elaborate on what you found weird->scummy about Damo independently of kak's read?
Damon posted more about mechanics and didn't make any math about it, lol.

The assumptions about scum not on Yoak is also weird (not necessarily scummy).

The vote on Sabi and wanting to kill only lurkers today is a bit lazy too.

But I like the vote on Maniac.

Jamiet99uk

#299 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:39 pm

20 MINUTES ARE LEFT

Count is the same as before.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#300 Post by Maniac » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:47 pm

I’m here, but engaged in a game of poker so can’t read what’s been going on. Still happy with Sabi