Tiny Hunt I Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
WarLegend

Tiny Hunt I Game Thread

#1 Post by WarLegend » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:54 pm

TinyHunt 1
A Witch Hunt Variant​

Roles

Village
The Village wins when all members of the Witch Coven are dead, and at least one Villager is alive.

Priest: Each night, check if a player is in the Witch Coven.

Acolyte: At the start of the game, you learn who the Priest is.

Judge: At the end of day, if the Lynch vote is tied or no lynch, you may kill a player of your choosing. This does not count as a lynch for Vigilante purposes.

Vigilante: The first Night after two consecutive lynches of Village members, you may kill a player. A Vigilante kill appears the same as a regular Witch Night Kill.

Oracle: Each night, pick a player. If that player was visited by any other party, you learn how many Witches were alive at the start of that night. Possible Visits: Witch Kill, Vigilante Kill, Priest check, Clown throw, Angel protect - including a deathcurse blocked Angel protect.

Gambler: At the start of the game, choose even or odd. On those nights, you have Protection from a kill.

Leeroy: You may kill yourself to immediately determine the Lynch target, so long as a majority has not been reached. Your death, and who you select will be announced at day end. This does not count as a lynch for Vigilante purposes.

Graverobber: Once per game at night, pick a dead player and learn their role. Witches are told when you do this.

D.O.B.: When you die, choose another player to die with you. Your death and the target you select will be announced at day start if you are killed in the night, or at day end if you die to a lynch.

Clown: Each night, select a player to hit with a pie. Players hit by pies are told, and if you selected the same target as the Priest or Oracle, you have Protection from a kill for that night (though you are not informed you had protection).

Witches
Witches win when all Villagers are dead or nothing can prevent this from happening. Witches can freely communicate with each other and have a nightly kill.

Demon: Each night, you are informed of who the Priest and Oracle visited, but not who visited which player.

Occultist: At the end of each night, you are informed of the Guardian Angels' protection target that night. If the Guardian Angels protect same target two nights in a row without preventing their death, learn that target's role.

Necromancer: Learn the role of players killed by the Witch Night Kill.

Mechanics

Timing: Days will be 48 hours and Nights will be 24 hours.

Lynches: The day ends when the day end timer arrives. The day can be ended prematurely with a HARD LYNCH, which will be roughly 3/4 of the alive players. SOFT LYNCH will be majority, and will determine the lynch at Day End. If a SOFT LYNCH is not reached by Day End, it will go to the Judge, or result in a no lynch. Voting for No Lynch is permissible. There are no deadline votes.

Deaths: Roles are not revealed upon death.

Soup: At night, instead of making the group Night Kill, a Witch may instead choose to drink Soup. Doing so allows them to Match a player to an Innocent role one at a time until they are incorrect or choose to stop. Each correctly Matched player dies. They may do this once per Witch. Dead Witches cannot use Soup.

A successful Match will only give the 'PlayerName has Died' message. On an incorrect match, the message is 'Xanthippe the Witch attempted to Soupkill Yolanda the [Incorrect Role Name], but failed', but if no players have been killed that night with Soup, the identity of the Witch is not revealed - 'A Witch attempted to Soupkill Amelia the [Incorrect Role Name], but failed'.

Lump, the Faithful Panda: On Day 1, there is a plurality vote for Lump to be a player's friend (witches choose who wins a tie). Lump always Lynch votes the same as his friend, adding an extra vote. If Lump's friend dies, Lump leaves the game.

Guardian Angels: Dead players become Angels. Each Night, the Angels decide by plurality vote to Protect a player (tie = no protect). A Protected player can't die to regular kills that night (Vigilante Kill or Witch Night Kill). "No Protect" is a valid vote.

Angels get the results of Priest checks at the end of each night. Angels are unable to give Protection when there are four or fewer living players at the start of night.

Death Curse: Once per game during Day, dead Witches may cast a Death Curse, which renders any Protection that Night ineffective. After casting a Death Curse, the Witch may not vote any further in Angel chat (but can still post in it). Living players are not informed of a Death Curse. Angels are not informed of a Death Curse until the end of that night.

Witches Last Gasp: If a Witch dies to a standard lynch (not judge or leeroy), their power continues to work for the coven that night.

Night Kill Survival: If a player survives being killed at night there is no public announcement made. However, the player is told privately that they survived.

Timing Specific Role Actions: D.O.B, Leeroy and Judge can have pre-queued conditionals set up at all times in their QuickTopics. (Ex: If I reach soft lynch at any point, I wish to activate Leeroy on Player X. Ex #2: I'm currently setting myself to revenge kill Player Y if I die).

Rules

-Only living players may post in the game thread
-You may not post in the game thread during the night phase
-You may not edit or delete posts from the game thread or in any QuickTopics you may be posting in
-You may not privately communicate with anyone except the game moderator unless you're specifically allowed to do so (i.e. the QuickTopics for Witches or Angels). This includes using systems outside the scope of the game to communicate something game related.
-You may not post in codes or ciphers.
-Votes must be bolded, brightly colored, and on a separate line.
-All actions that are not explicitly worded as optional are not optional.
-Moderator decisions are final. Play to the spirit of the game and don't make me make judgement calls.
-Be Nice, and have fun. This is not optional.

Priority

Day Action Priority
-Start of day + Announcements
-Day ends
-Gambler protection choice locked in
-Lynch if majority, allow Judge to pick if no majority or no lynch (if alive)
-Lump joins his friend (Day One only)
-DoB Revenge if lynched
-Witches Death Curse
-Vigilante informed if he can kill

Night Action Priority
-Everything resolves effectively simultaneously, with kill happening last.

Flavor

There were 14 of you in this nice, peaceful village. Then all of a sudden, one night, one of your number turns up dead, with witchcraft the obvious cause. You have witches hiding in your midst, and something tells you there are three. It's magic. Don't question it.

So, you decide to execute one of your number daily, after a healthy discussion, until all of these evildoers are eradicated from your village. Sure, you'll probably kill some innocents along the way - but it sounded like a great idea when you were drunk.

Livelist
yavuzovic
worcej
bozo
bo
y2kjbk
Jamiet99uk
ezio
vecna
ND
damo
DoubtingThomas
rdrivera2005
Squigs44

Daystart!

Day One ends on - August 16, 2018 at 12:00 PST/3:00 PM EST

With 13 players alive, it will be 7 to soft lynch, and 10 to hard lynch.

Also, don't forget to elect someone to give Lump, the Faithful Panda to!

(if someone can help out with the peterbot thing, I would be eternally grateful...)

Any questions can be directed to me in your QuickTopics or in discord- I will respond as quickly as possible. Good luck, and have fun!

Ezio

Re: Tiny Hunt I Game Thread

#2 Post by Ezio » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:23 pm

##Lump vote? (what's the formatting on this?) Ezio

Ezio

#3 Post by Ezio » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:37 pm

The Pie man and Oracle should visit players alphabetically to ensure the oracle gets a proper scan off each night and so the pie man gets NK immunity.

No claims ever as the Soup is too broken.

##Call GM Do the Guardian Angels know roles, or do they still have no new information? Do mafia become Guardian Angels too?

Ezio

#4 Post by Ezio » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:38 pm

##Call GM For lynches: it says we need majority to lynch rather than plurality. Is that true?

WarLegend

#5 Post by WarLegend » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:42 pm

Ezio wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:38 pm
##Call GM For lynches: it says we need majority to lynch rather than plurality. Is that true?

##Call GM Do the Guardian Angels know roles, or do they still have no new information? Do mafia become Guardian Angels too?
Yes, you need a majority to Lynch.

Guardian Angels don't know roles, but they get the result of priest check every night.

For lump vote you can do that, or elect, or whatever. As long as there is consistency

damo666

#6 Post by damo666 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:47 pm

Have we started?

WarLegend

#7 Post by WarLegend » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:49 pm

yes

WarLegend

#8 Post by WarLegend » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:49 pm

I started a bit early since I won't be here at 12, sorry for the confusion

damo666

#9 Post by damo666 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:52 pm

Ok thanks.

Ezio - the Death curse rule implies dead witches become angels

y2kjbk
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#10 Post by y2kjbk » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:25 pm

##LUMP Ezio

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#11 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:13 pm

Ezio wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:37 pm
The Pie man and Oracle should visit players alphabetically to ensure the oracle gets a proper scan off each night and so the pie man gets NK immunity.

I've been thinking about all the mechanics of the game and I think these two are the most important things.
The graverobber should be checking whoever we lynched. Knowing who the dead witches are is more important than just about anything else. Nightkills targets will only be town and aren't worth it.
No-lynch or ties are interesting with judges. A day one no Lynch to give judge complete control over the kill would be a better shot probably, but wouldn't give us the info we need. A day one tie would be okay I think though since it still gives us info and judge can kill one of the two people tied.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#12 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:14 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:13 pm
Ezio wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:37 pm

I've been thinking about all the mechanics of the game and I think these two are the most important things.
The graverobber should be checking whoever we lynched. Knowing who the dead witches are is more important than just about anything else. Nightkills targets will only be town and aren't worth it.
No-lynch or ties are interesting with judges. A day one no Lynch to give judge complete control over the kill would be a better shot probably, but wouldn't give us the info we need. A day one tie would be okay I think though since it still gives us info and judge can kill one of the two people tied.
When I said two most important things I meant what Ezio said, not what I said.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#13 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:16 pm

This game is going to be ridiculously hard without reveals and with soup, no claims. Basically we aren't ever going to know how well we are doing, where to draw connections, and how to read into things. Breadcrumbing could help with this, but is dangerous if the witches catch on.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#14 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:19 pm

y2kjbk wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:25 pm
##LUMP Ezio
Why lump Ezio?

yavuzovic

#15 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:23 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:19 pm
y2kjbk wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:25 pm
##LUMP Ezio
Why lump Ezio?
And I was about to ask this

yavuzovic

#16 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:25 pm

I think Acolyte should give us a 5-6 names not including the priest, so we can have a suspect list for D1

Ezio

#17 Post by Ezio » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:32 pm

Y2k Feels bad about his last game where he shot me and is going to make it up to me by giving me extreme power.

Why shouldn't he lump me?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#18 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:38 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:25 pm
I think Acolyte should give us a 5-6 names not including the priest, so we can have a suspect list for D1
Wouldn't this let the witches know who the acolyte is?

Ezio

#19 Post by Ezio » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:43 pm

Squigs what do you know of each player's reputation here?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#20 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:50 pm

Ezio wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:32 pm
Y2k Feels bad about his last game where he shot me and is going to make it up to me by giving me extreme power.

Why shouldn't he lump me?
He should feel worse about his second shot.

I do like your early game though, Ezio, and usually I absolutely hate your early game and think you deserve to be hung for it, so what gives?