M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.

TheFlyingBoat

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#1422 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:13 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:54 pm
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:10 pm
but the disappearance at EOD2 (despite at least being around to +1 stuff) and the lack of interest in actually pushing wagons for his scumreads tfb/bona/maniac (or just trying to get on for the former two - he probably could've gotten a bona daykill if he tried hard enough and convinced aaro to join with him or smth), makes it continue to look like he just doesn't really care who dies.
쏘ㅑㄴ ㅑㄴ ㄹ먁

Oops sorry just buddying snowy
---
This is fair. No more excuses.

If I don't get NK'd, and I highly doubt that I will, I promise to commit myself to pushing my wagons: TFB, Bona, and Kak.

There's one more thing I need to come clean on:
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:51 pm
^ I'm pretty sure we ruled a few games back that all text must be legible, though I can understand if celaph had no knowledge of this
Didn't realize text manipulation/color was possibly against the rules in the sense of readability.

Back on D1, some of you may or may not have noticed that I put some text in one of my posts that was the exact color that "normal"/light mode forum uses for its background:
pyxxy wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:36 am
Page for the people:
http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/game_st ... =day&num=1
(only dark mode users can see this)
---
D1 -25:13 Bona D1 -24:20 TFB, I'm sus on the timing of these two Durga votes
Computer, enhance. Or if you go to my old post and highlight the whole thing, that will also make it visible.
pyxxy wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:36 am
(only dark mode users can see this)
---
D1 -25:13 Bona D1 -24:20 TFB, I'm sus on the timing of these two Durga votes
I wrote that during N1. I felt that they both voted for Durga suspiciously close together, just far enough apart to not attract notice in the thread (amidst turmoil of the Durga/Bona argument), just close enough together to give it some momentum.

Stopping here in the interest of writing smaller posts.
Uh can you explain your Durga momentum theory to me? After Bona and I vote for Durga (bringing the wagon to three since Damo was voting Durga 10-12 hours before us) the next new person to vote for her was Jamie, 24 hours later...Where exactly is the momentum?

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1423 Post by pyxxy » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:13 pm

something something alright if that particular thing is true we need to make the thread incredibly long incredibly fast because I don't think that poster realized that all the phases moved by 1 hour for daylight savings time

snowy801

#1424 Post by snowy801 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:14 pm

that'd be a classic kak move
...or is it

TheFlyingBoat

#1425 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:14 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:13 pm
something something alright if that particular thing is true we need to make the thread incredibly long incredibly fast because I don't think that poster realized that all the phases moved by 1 hour for daylight savings time
I did tell him about BST Day 1...

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1426 Post by pyxxy » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:21 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:13 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:54 pm
[wallpost-lite
Uh can you explain your Durga momentum theory to me? After Bona and I vote for Durga (bringing the wagon to three since Damo was voting Durga 10-12 hours before us) the next new person to vote for her was Jamie, 24 hours later...Where exactly is the momentum?
I'm still new to forum mafia but my theory here is that it's all about putting names into the ring.

Even though Durga sat on 3 votes, then down to 2 votes, then back to 3 when Damo rejoins, it's all about controlling the list of names that people would consider acceptable as DKs.

Or at least until I'm mafia and get taught how real wagon manipulation gets done, that's how I feel things probably work. It's too obvious to just blatantly push someone. It's all about creating the circumstances for a "natural" wagon to take shape.

Your thought crimes are for starting the Durga wagon in what I consider a suspicious manner, not necessarily for pushing it.

Sorry btw if you're town and I'm all wrong.

BesharamSabi

#1427 Post by BesharamSabi » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:37 pm

If I die kill Bona and Eden again xoxo

Bonatogether

#1428 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:44 pm

rdr would be proud

Jamiet99uk

#1429 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:47 pm

I need to go to bed.

If I die, kill Bona or Maniac or Damo.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

snowy801

#1430 Post by snowy801 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:59 pm

Maybe DL, damo, bona?

Idk I haven't reread yet so

TheFlyingBoat

#1431 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:00 am

What I got from the aaro flip re: the late movers onto Durga

Celaph - obv town

Don’t view him defending aaro the way he did as a pocket job, especially given he decided to vote him off today when other wagons could have been easy choices. Seemed to be a townie saving another townie. Explained why his vibe seemed good to me D1.

Snowy - lean town

I think that as mentioned previously, neither flip were necessarily bad, though if aaro flipped scum he’d be obv town to me.

Jamie - slight lean scum

If damo were to be scum he would be lean scum to me, but my feeling that damo is not scum vibes wise despite seeming scummy actions wise neuters that a bit. I have liked Jamie’s engagement a lot and post wise I think he has given me good feelings, but looking at the D1 votes he comes off a little scummy

DL - obv town

Similar to Celaph I viewed his defense of aaro D1 as not pocketing, especially given DL proceeded to vote him off this turn. I think his thought process has been easy to follow and made sense and was generally town motivated.

damo - vibes: town / game: obv scum / overall: lean scum

I honestly thought at the start of the day if aaro was the flip and was town that damo would be obv scum to me or at least a solid scum read, but I don’t know why there is something about damo that just makes me think he is town vibes wise despite the signs to the contrary. I do find the Maniac argument somewhat persuasive (that scum!damo wouldn’t talk about the NK the way he did). His vote on bona seemed to be made with the intent to tie given it was unlikely he could have seen Bona’s vote and even independent of that it was

Other reads:

Bona- town read

I think his fight with me just seemed like classic town!bona and I think the fact he unvoiced to force a tie and make the vote informative was a clear sign he is town.

Kak - slight lean scum

His D1 posts were annoying, but his D2 while highly inactive, seemed engaged when he was here which was good to see. But the Sabi scan comment was really suspect to me (but then again Kak befuddling me is something he has done as town as well) which brings it back to slight lean scum.

Sabi - null

They are really hard to read right now, because I think bona or jamie or someone said it best when they said Sabi wasn’t even really playing this game when describing their role in it, but rather serving as a commentator or summarizer. Other than their 6th post D1 which I thought showed a level of thought they couldn’t match/fake as scum and their 6th post D2 (an amusing coincidence) they have been very distanced from the game. I wanted to give them town cred for those two posts but Kak’s comment pulls them back down. I strongly believe if Kak is scum, Sabi is scum.

Maniac - slight lean town

Thought something was off about him D1 but can’t remember what now. I thought his argument about Damo not talking about the NK that way was an interesting one and showed maniac was thinking about the game somewhat seriously and trying to be useful

pyxxy - null

Something seems off versus last game in terms of his analysis and general vibes but at the same time I haven’t seen anything truly objectionable other than he was on a vanity wagon at the end of day despite being present for EoD. Given he was acting confused and then dipped immediately after the flip, I got negative vibes from him, but I’ll wait for him to explain that.

Towniest to Least

Celaph
DL

Bona

Snowy
Maniac

Sabi
pyxxy

Jamie
Kak

Damo

President Eden

#1432 Post by President Eden » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:00 am

NIGHT HAS ENDED, PLEASE HOLD!

President Eden

#1433 Post by President Eden » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:04 am

TRANSMISSION TO THE HIERARCHS

The barbarian empire that we identified as the hegemon of this planet has fallen, crumbling under the weight of its own brutality. Given the technological superiority of our forces, no state on this planet could have realistically hoped to stop us, but the operation concluded quicker than expected with much fewer casualties, owing to misrule by the old hegemon. We have dispatched our first engineering and surveying teams to begin the preparations for promethium extraction in the conquered holdings.

The infiltration op at the edge of the continent proceeds apace. It appears that we may have decapitated their leadership in the initial surgical strike. That’s what the Captain reports, anyway…

G-H.U.G. is still operational. It broke its legs skiing. How does a robot break its legs???

Admiral Eden

SNOWY801 the FAITHFUL OF LILIARI has DIED!

Day has begun. You have 48 hours to select a kill. All players may resume posting.

TheFlyingBoat

#1434 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:10 am

President Eden wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:04 am
TRANSMISSION TO THE HIERARCHS

The barbarian empire that we identified as the hegemon of this planet has fallen, crumbling under the weight of its own brutality. Given the technological superiority of our forces, no state on this planet could have realistically hoped to stop us, but the operation concluded quicker than expected with much fewer casualties, owing to misrule by the old hegemon. We have dispatched our first engineering and surveying teams to begin the preparations for promethium extraction in the conquered holdings.

The infiltration op at the edge of the continent proceeds apace. It appears that we may have decapitated their leadership in the initial surgical strike. That’s what the Captain reports, anyway…

G-H.U.G. is still operational. It broke its legs skiing. How does a robot break its legs???

Admiral Eden

SNOWY801 the FAITHFUL OF LILIARI has DIED!

Day has begun. You have 48 hours to select a kill. All players may resume posting.
RIP snowy :( ##vote damo

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1435 Post by pyxxy » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:11 am

Rest in peace, snowy.

Although kinda interesting that scum felt the need to kill him now, after he successfully helped get Durga and Aaro DK'd. Y'all didn't think he would go 3 for 3 on advocating to murder townies?

TheFlyingBoat

#1436 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:24 am

Also wrt Kak, how on earth could he shoot on N2? The item smith surely isn't passing out the vig shot D1, right? I started thinking about it after kak posted and imo either he's passing out the crystal ball to get an early scan if he doesn't fear the NK or the totem if he does. So what was Kak thinking claiming he that vig shot?

TheFlyingBoat

#1437 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:25 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:24 am
Also wrt Kak, how on earth could he shoot on N2? The item smith surely isn't passing out the vig shot N1, right? I started thinking about it after kak posted and imo either he's passing out the crystal ball to get an early scan if he doesn't fear the NK or the totem if he does. So what was Kak thinking claiming he has the vig shot?
wow typo galore, fixed in bold

TheFlyingBoat

#1438 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:29 am

where is everyone?

Bonatogether

#1439 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:36 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:29 am
where is everyone?
contemplating stat hw

TheFlyingBoat

#1440 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:37 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:36 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:29 am
where is everyone?
contemplating stat hw
AP Stats is ez nerd, what is there to contemplate?