M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Durga

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#501 Post by Durga » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:24 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:19 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:10 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:07 pm

Celaph is right.
... Which part? Why did you feel the need to point out celaph is right? And what are the implications of celaph being right on this point according to you?
That it would be a play you'd make if you were scum. Asking Bona to try and list your scum teammates is a reasonably obvious play call for scum!Durga to employ as an attempt at deflection that would get Bona to get off of you and put him on a search down a trail you'd be fairly confident would be hard to resolve given it was still super early on D1 in a mini that has been relatively slow.

That it would have been worse if not for other contemporaneous posts. It is certainly possible that it was just a frustrated, angry town!Durga telling him to fuck off in a slightly nicer manner and getting him to chase down other trails.

I think the implications are it makes me townread Celaph more and adds some very minor degrees of confidence to my read on you.
Okay you're definitely in tunnel mode. Celaph pretty much says it's NAI and your take is somehow that it helps your scum read on me.

DeathLlama8

#502 Post by DeathLlama8 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:24 pm

oh nvm he was just afk

aarodactyl

#503 Post by aarodactyl » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:25 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:21 pm
aarodactyl wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:14 pm
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:04 pm
@aaro - skimming your reads post right now and one thing that strikes me is that you use a lot of "this person is scummy because they do [x behavior] as scum", but that doesn't actually work as an argument unless they don't also do it as town. like i distinctly remember durga flexing about not reading the setup and being frustrated at scumreads in past town games as well

also, why did you feel the need to post reads on everyone at this point in the game? there's a lot of responses that kinda just feel like reads for the sake of having reads (maniac, pyxxy, rdr) and i'm wondering why you chose to allocate your time like this instead of focusing on specific strong reads
Fair questions. I'll answer these and then try to get back to work so I can buy myself some time at eod without feeling too guilty about my work.

For your first point, I agree. I think I said somewhere in my long post that I'm working with very few data points and my reads will likely change. Re: Durga, I agree that they'd likely get upset at being scumread as town. Their action here wasn't exactly flaunting not reading the setup. It was flaunting now reading the setup with the implication that they had to be town as a result.

Also fair point on your second one. I usually feel pressured to give reads on everyone when I decide to do a large post, and that's been true for my games in the past as well. I honestly just don't want to be tunneled for not including someone, and a weak opinion can at least start a conversation. I do think it cheapens my other reads though so I might make an effort to not include people that I don't feel strongly about in the future.
Scared about accidentally leaving out a scum buddy?? 😭
That's a pretty dishonest reading of what I said. I'm allowed to be town and also not want to be tunneled. I spent a couple of weeks of my life being tunneled by bozo and ghug in my first game, and it was both very unpleasant and very formative.

celaph

#504 Post by celaph » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:25 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:12 pm
##vote DeathLlama
What do you dislike about DL? I liked his comment about TFB's reaction to the scumslip thing as well as the reads in his post back from the concert.

damo666

#505 Post by damo666 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:26 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:16 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:08 pm
Should we kill aaro?
(waited a few minutes to post this) okay i don't want to d1 aaro but it is weird that a few people were pressuring him and then nobody engaged with this at all
Yep, shading but not voting. Could be something.

TheFlyingBoat

#506 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:27 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:24 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:10 pm

... Which part? Why did you feel the need to point out celaph is right? And what are the implications of celaph being right on this point according to you?
That it would be a play you'd make if you were scum. Asking Bona to try and list your scum teammates is a reasonably obvious play call for scum!Durga to employ as an attempt at deflection that would get Bona to get off of you and put him on a search down a trail you'd be fairly confident would be hard to resolve given it was still super early on D1 in a mini that has been relatively slow.

That it would have been worse if not for other contemporaneous posts. It is certainly possible that it was just a frustrated, angry town!Durga telling him to fuck off in a slightly nicer manner and getting him to chase down other trails.

I think the implications are it makes me townread Celaph more and adds some very minor degrees of confidence to my read on you.
Okay you're definitely in tunnel mode. Celaph pretty much says it's NAI and your take is somehow that it helps your scum read on me.
Way to ignore the very minor part. I think it was pretty clear that the last line implied that it affected my read on celaph more than it did anything vis a vis you. And also, why is it surprising that one can agree with a summary of the facts, namely that it was a bad faith deflection and come to a different conclusion of alignment?

Durga

#507 Post by Durga » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:28 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:27 pm
Durga wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

Way to ignore the very minor part. I think it was pretty clear that the last line implied that it affected my read on celaph more than it did anything vis a vis you. And also, why is it surprising that one can agree with a summary of the facts, namely that it was a bad faith deflection and come to a different conclusion of alignment?
Your original post was "Celaph is right" - if your conclusion is different, no he was not right. You are changing your take now.

aarodactyl

#508 Post by aarodactyl » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:29 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:23 pm
So I kinda assumed you didn't respond to everything because you were going back to work, but since you kept posting...why did you not respond to my comments about pyxxy, rdr, or Snowy?
I was planning on going back to work when I sent the post and then didn't have enough self control.

I didn't respond to your comments about pyxxy, rdr, or snowy because you didn't really say much. I said very little about them and you just said you agreed but thought they were a bit townier than I had them.

I'm pretty sure I didn't respond to your takes on bona and celaph either because there wasn't anything to really respond to.

DeathLlama8

#509 Post by DeathLlama8 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:30 pm

one thing that's annoying me about the kakposts is that he's exclusively been pressure voting lurkers, but like that doesn't work if the lurkers can't even tell why you're voting them because they would have to read through a thousand words to do so, and he also doesn't really follow up on the votes at all

but tbf maybe i just don't have the very high IQ needed to understand kakposts' extremely subtle humor

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#510 Post by Maniac » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:31 pm

Gonna vote off a big poster as I’m feeling too lazy to read. I can ignore Kak so ##vote Aarodactyl

As it happens I also think mafia try to be well out of the bottom poster list because they know someone will clamour for a lurker kill.

TheFlyingBoat

#511 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:31 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:29 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:23 pm
So I kinda assumed you didn't respond to everything because you were going back to work, but since you kept posting...why did you not respond to my comments about pyxxy, rdr, or Snowy?
I was planning on going back to work when I sent the post and then didn't have enough self control.

I didn't respond to your comments about pyxxy, rdr, or snowy because you didn't really say much. I said very little about them and you just said you agreed but thought they were a bit townier than I had them.

I'm pretty sure I didn't respond to your takes on bona and celaph either because there wasn't anything to really respond to.
yeah that's fair I thought I had said more and it was going to mean something, but I went and checked right after I posted and I realized I hadn't said much haha

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#512 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:32 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:37 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:36 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:35 pm
Maybe some of you think Snowy's obnoxious, toxic, anti-town behaviour is fine.

I don't know.

I think it spoils the game.
My recommendation is to ignore him, he's not doing anything useful anyway
Yes, he appears deeply committed to trolling and being obnoxious.

In other news I townread Aaro.
Why?

Durga

#513 Post by Durga » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:32 pm

Maniac wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:31 pm
Gonna vote off a big poster as I’m feeling too lazy to read. I can ignore Kak so ##vote Aarodactyl

As it happens I also think mafia try to be well out of the bottom poster list because they know someone will clamour for a lurker kill.
LOL omg I love you pls troll forever

##vote aaro

celaph

#514 Post by celaph » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:33 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:03 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:05 pm
Aaro is town. If he were scum his reads list wouldn't be so laughable.
It’s a mini
This is a weird response. Why would this being a mini game change the calculus on whether a bad reads list is scum indicative?

TheFlyingBoat

#515 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:33 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:28 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:27 pm
Durga wrote:

Your original post was "Celaph is right" - if your conclusion is different, no he was not right. You are changing your take now.
I refer you to my answer to your question about what Celaph is right on.

Durga

#516 Post by Durga » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:34 pm

Agh I can't engage with the flying "can't read" boat!!!

DeathLlama8

#517 Post by DeathLlama8 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:35 pm

Maniac wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:31 pm
kinda convenient of maniac to say this

Durga

#518 Post by Durga » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:36 pm

If you think only a part of celaph's analysis was right why would you state celaph is right with no context provided. I don't get it. Who does that? You clearly either didn't think it through, want to buddy celaph, or didn't read it properly, or all of it, idk!

celaph

#519 Post by celaph » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:37 pm

celaph wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:33 pm
aarodactyl wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:03 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:05 pm
Aaro is town. If he were scum his reads list wouldn't be so laughable.
It’s a mini
This is a weird response. Why would this being a mini game change the calculus on whether a bad reads list is scum indicative?
ahh, nevermind. aaro misquoted something.

Durga

#520 Post by Durga » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:37 pm

I wish EoD was at 6. I think I have a dinner date and won't be here at 8. Don't kill me y'all I'm town this time for real :(