M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Durga
Posts: 9481
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5101

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#421 Post by Durga » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:11 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:05 pm
Aaro is town. If he were scum his reads list wouldn't be so laughable.
What logic is this 😭

damo666
Posts: 12905
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 4351

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#422 Post by damo666 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:12 pm

##vote DeathLlama

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 22880
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 14834
Contact:

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#423 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:12 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:04 pm
I know I haven't posted much myself (I rarely do D1) but the game is slower than usual is it not? Perhaps because there is a scum day chat?

I have a theory about Kak which I will reveal when he next posts.
In honour of Kak's posting style, would you reveal your theory via the medium of interpretive dance?
1

damo666
Posts: 12905
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 4351

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#424 Post by damo666 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:13 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:11 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:05 pm
Aaro is town. If he were scum his reads list wouldn't be so laughable.
What logic is this 😭
Damologic.

If aaro was scum surely he'd take more care.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 22880
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 14834
Contact:

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#425 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:13 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:11 pm
@Jamie When is EOD our time?
About 11pm I think.
1

damo666
Posts: 12905
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 4351

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#426 Post by damo666 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:14 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:12 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:04 pm
I know I haven't posted much myself (I rarely do D1) but the game is slower than usual is it not? Perhaps because there is a scum day chat?

I have a theory about Kak which I will reveal when he next posts.
In honour of Kak's posting style, would you reveal your theory via the medium of interpretive dance?
Have you see my grand jete. How does on do acute accents?

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 22880
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 14834
Contact:

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#427 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:16 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:14 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:12 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:04 pm
I know I haven't posted much myself (I rarely do D1) but the game is slower than usual is it not? Perhaps because there is a scum day chat?

I have a theory about Kak which I will reveal when he next posts.
In honour of Kak's posting style, would you reveal your theory via the medium of interpretive dance?
Have you see my grand jete. How does on do acute accents?
Your performance at the 1974 Heidelberg revue was the stuff of legends, darling.
1

damo666
Posts: 12905
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 4351

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#428 Post by damo666 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:17 pm

Test è.

Hmmm. How do you select acute?

Annoying.

Durga
Posts: 9481
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5101

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#429 Post by Durga » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:17 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:13 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:11 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:05 pm
Aaro is town. If he were scum his reads list wouldn't be so laughable.
What logic is this 😭
Damologic.

If aaro was scum surely he'd take more care.
Take more care for what.

damo666
Posts: 12905
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 4351

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#430 Post by damo666 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:18 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:16 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:14 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:12 pm


In honour of Kak's posting style, would you reveal your theory via the medium of interpretive dance?
Have you see my grand jete. How does on do acute accents?
Your performance at the 1974 Heidelberg revue was the stuff of legends, darling.
Thank you.

💐

damo666
Posts: 12905
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 4351

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#431 Post by damo666 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:19 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:17 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:13 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:11 pm


What logic is this 😭
Damologic.

If aaro was scum surely he'd take more care.
Take more care for what.
Over the quality of the list. What else?

damo666
Posts: 12905
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 4351

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#432 Post by damo666 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:19 pm

##vote Durga

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 1807
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:20 am
Location: https://www.parliament.uk/
Karma: 1098

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#433 Post by Maniac » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:28 pm

celaph wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:29 am
Maniac wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:55 pm
##vote Celaph. If snowy’s
Not going to sheep me, I’m going to sheep him sheeting rdriveria who is voting Celaph.
How does contraction theory work? Is Maniac scum or town for this?
Always think of Clinton “I did not have sex with that woman”. The avoidance of didn’t points to his guilt. Liars don’t like sky commas.
1

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 1807
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:20 am
Location: https://www.parliament.uk/
Karma: 1098

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#434 Post by Maniac » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:32 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:31 am
Maniac wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:55 pm
##vote Celaph. If snowy’s
Not going to sheep me, I’m going to sheep him sheeting rdriveria who is voting Celaph.
wait hOLD UP
Dammit - hoisted by my own petard
1

Durga
Posts: 9481
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5101

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#435 Post by Durga » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:38 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:19 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:17 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:13 pm


Damologic.

If aaro was scum surely he'd take more care.
Take more care for what.
Over the quality of the list. What else?
Why do you think this? The worst reads lists are usually posted by scum. There's a clear reluctance to engage on aaro's part I feel

snowy801
Posts: 4728
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 7052

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#436 Post by snowy801 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:48 pm

Still waiting for DL to enact his revolutionary new strategy, hitherto unseen

aarodactyl
Posts: 1366
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 1:23 am
Karma: 342

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#437 Post by aarodactyl » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:56 pm

Taking my lunch break. I see there’s been a bit of posts since I stopped reading so I’ll do a vecna style catch up.

TheFlyingBoat
Posts: 1763
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:24 pm
Karma: 2409

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#438 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:57 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:00 pm
Ok, here are some actual reads. The only game I've read recently was the recent one that Tom ran that had kak winning after subbing in for donny. That's what I'm going to be basing a lot of my reads on because it's the only time recently where I've seen most of these people play.

BesharamSabi - I like what they're doing with their posts. I think the limit is helping them focus on only productive comments. That being said, I think any changes in posting style makes people hard to read. I put them as a null, but would be unwilling to vote them because they've been really helpful at moving the game forward.
<snip>
Agreed on Sabi. I thought their fourth post was more indicative of their scum play where they just ask questions for the sake of appearing like they're trying, but their fifth post seemed to be pretty townie and something I don't think they're capable of faking as faking play by sandbagging is trivial, but faking play at one's skill cap in any game is near impossible for most. This genuinely seems like Sabi tryharding as town and positing actual original analysis that makes sense. The post limit seems to have done them quite a bit of good.

Your point about change of style is a good one and is the only thing keeping me from putting them as a solid town read and keeping them stuck right at the border between solid town read and a mere town lean, but I genuinely find it hard to believe Sabi could fake playing well this well.
Bonatogether - A chipotle fanboy once said "everyone sucks at reading bona and they keep saying he's scummy" or something like that. I can't be bothered to go find the actual quote. So far this game the only thing that Bona has done is being obsessed with Durga. I don't think that makes him scummy though. Also his reactions to being called awkward seem like town!bona (generally pretty frustrated and defensive). I would put him as a slight town lean.
I think you're about spot on here, and agreed on Bona. I think Chaqa is hyperbolic when he argues that, but yeah here I think Bona just seems like Bona.
celaph - I never really am able to get a good read on celaph. He doesn't tend to post a lot, especially in early game iirc. That being said, when I watched him scum game recently, I remember being struck by how awkward he was when trying to fake being scum (sorry celaph!). I haven't picked up any of that in this game so far, so I'm putting him at a slight town lean. I do acknowledge that when I read his game, I had full information, so this is a very weak slight town read.
Agreed, thanks for sheeping my take :razz:
damo666 - Is damo playing? I copied and pasted this list from peterbot and was legitimately surprised when I saw his name there. I know he's not a frequent poster, but I'm going to put him as a scum read for lurking this aggressively. I just skimmed his iso and even though he's posted 10 times, the posts are all super short.
I don't necessarily think damo is too far away from his normal scum game. I thought his activity was suspect before I went to bed, but now he's posted a fair bit in the mean time, and I don't think at this point anything is truly alarming.
DeathLlama8 - They didn't make an impression, so I just went back to look at their iso (I guess this is becoming a pattern with this post). They haven't really said anything all game. They did say they were at a concert, so I'm guessing they just haven't had time? idk, slight scum lean.
He's been shading me pretty actively and is the only one to give kak the time of day, which is somewhat odd. And then you believe the concert excuse and then scum read him for it? I think it'd make more sense if you just treated it as a scummy excuse for inactivity, but that doesn't seem to be where you're coming from.
Durga - I think Durga's reaction to there being a day chat was super weird. To clarify, I know they never read the set up. Their reaction was to bona saying there was one (post in question), not simply them not knowing the setup. I didn't realize this distinction until a bit later, and I didn't point it out at the time because there was already a pretty big tunnel on Durga, and it didn't fill productive to pile on someone D1 (especially when the game was feeling pretty tense). Also, I don't like that this is one of my reasons because I don't have a lot of data points, but they seemed pretty frustrated yesterday and that reminded me a lot of the scum!durga game I watched recently. I'll put them at a scum read. That said, this is D1 and that can change.
Once again, just like above, I think your conclusion makes sense but a lot of the justification doesn't. Their initial reaction to bona seems totally fine to me, unless I am missing something. The frustration thing seems plausible given Durga hates being scum and I think the later interactions between Durga and Bona (well after the one you linked) where her response to Bona's pressure seems to be simultaneously dismissive and evasive.
Jamiet99uk - Can someone comment on if Jamiet and Maniac still have beef from the other game? I'm pretty surprised that Maniac wasn't on his list of potential votes today. Also I just read his iso and I don't think he's made any reads or even really had any opinions so far. Scum lean but also idk if I'd be up to voting him because town!jamiet is really useful to late game town and tbh all of my reads so far are very weak.
:?: :?: :?: what even. I think Jamie addressed part of this already, but where does this scum lean come from lol. Just not including Maniac for pre-game dislike lol?
Kakarroto - They're clearly putting a lot of time and effort into the game, and I'm not willing to vote for them today as a result. From what I've skimmed from their posts, they've putting good commentary in there. However, I have a hard enough time reading the quantity of posts in this game as is, and I have an even harder time reading through his posts. @kak I'd appreciate it if you'd write some normal posts too; my reading comprehension isn't good enough to handle your current posts. Also the comment I made about Sabi applies here; kak is posting wildly different and that makes me put them as a null here.
:?: :?: :?: this might be even worse than the others in this chain of odd reads. Most of his early posts were pre-scripted according to others in this thread and 99% of his words are just random flavor unrelated to this game. Looking at his three posts that actually had content per the DL summary, I just do not believe you can seriously think he is putting in useful effort. There are other people I would rather kill than kak today, but I can't understand how you would like him so much more than the numerous scum reads you have
Maniac - Probably town, but also I'd be willing to vote him.

pyxxy - The only thing pyxxy has done is throw shade at damo. I guess it's D1 but that seems low effort and for some reason, I thought they'd do more. null for now.

rdrivera2005 - I have an inability to remember much about rdr between games. All I really remember is them not posting a lot. It looks like they've put a tiny bit of energy into asking questions but not really. I think they're a null for me because this seems to fit with what I vaguely recall.
Grouping since these are tiny

:?: :?: :?: on Maniac

Yeah I also expected more effort from pyxxy given his high quality play last game, but it's D1 and I think he is worth giving time to.

Agreed on rdr. I thought some stuff was weird at first, but finding out he was just joking around makes me view it as all NAI.
snowy801 - Everyone else is saying this too, but my only impression of snowy is that they're trying to stay alive at the expense of playing of playing well. It's D1 and I don't know them, so I'll let that slide and put them as a null. If they don't change that up by EOD2, I'll probably move them to scum lean.
Agreed on snowy, but I give him a bit more credit than you do.
TheFlyingBoat - I don't think their "town-slip" was that scummy. I just attached to that because I thought it was pretty funny to lead a D1 wagon on TFB over almost nothing when he did that flum a couple of games ago. On the other hand, I think they were a bit too aggressive at trying to talk me out of my read. I think that fits who they are in general, but I left that interaction feeling it was a bit scummy. I'd put them as a slight scum read as a result.
I admittedly do have a problem letting arguments go when I get into one and that does cause issues, though I'd like to think I am getting a little better at dropping things (see the early TvT fight between me and ghug in M72 and how long that went on for). I also strongly disagree with your characterization of the Flum push even though in hindsight it was incorrect. Don't want to relitigate that now though.

aarodactyl
Posts: 1366
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 1:23 am
Karma: 342

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#439 Post by aarodactyl » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:57 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:07 pm
unprompted reads list = scum

+ aaro & durga obviously arranged to bus each other

aight wake me up when m74
Sabi literally asked me for my reads?

aarodactyl
Posts: 1366
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 1:23 am
Karma: 342

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#440 Post by aarodactyl » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:58 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:12 pm
aarodactyl wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:00 pm
Jamiet99uk - Can someone comment on if Jamiet and Maniac still have beef from the other game? I'm pretty surprised that Maniac wasn't on his list of potential votes today. Also I just read his iso and I don't think he's made any reads or even really had any opinions so far. Scum lean but also idk if I'd be up to voting him because town!jamiet is really useful to late game town and tbh all of my reads so far are very weak.
This is not usually true, I have a pretty poor record as late-game town, unfortunately. Some scum teams have deliberately kept me alive in the hope I'll guess wrong at the end.
I don’t really care that much about your track record but rather you don’t really give up during the end game and you keep posting. A lot of recent games lose steam and that is pretty anti town.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BunnyGo, Hamish, Jamiet99uk and 4 guests