M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#7141 Post by brainbomb » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:36 am

pyxxy wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:32 am
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:47 am
okay, my poe is just worcej and bona at this point

AMA
1. worcej > bona, ya?

2. Does this mean that bona's Demon analysis convinced you that Demon is town?

3. What happened to your feelings about me?

4. What did you get for your birthday? :!:
aye comrade

my own analysis concludes a chaqa nk over a bozo nk indicates chaqa being a higher threat to last two scums life than bozo's reads were.

you are still maybe scum but CX VCX BVSZ (Baby tried to take over writing here) but you being scum would imply the scumteam felt you would go deep and I dont see an across the board effort of ignoring you, bussing you, or distancing you to look great.

for my birthday I got many kcup pods, parts for my pc I built, and many more fun little things. My wife bought all these things to make the basement bathroom lord of the rings themed, with a gondor light switch and so much more.

Bonatogether

#7142 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:50 am

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:33 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:11 pm
lets go jamie
you were first to buy Jamies cop
scan on maniac

why?
i don't think about prs that much. in any case, questioning pr claims in thread is a bad move

Bonatogether

#7143 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:07 am

who took my hour of sleep

bozotheclown

#7144 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:16 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:14 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:36 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:25 pm
Wait, what was I saying?

Worc. Flip worc.

Sorry rdr, you're on my list after that
Well, I was almost subbed.

Explain to me why you can't be scum with Flum?

In what fucking world would I as scum bus FIVE DAYS OUT OF SIX
Why not?

bozotheclown

#7145 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:18 am

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:16 am
saw the bozo cases on me and it was all just boredom and hoping to get reactions from scum 🍍

lets keep it up
my guess for final maf is rdr less certain on worc but im fine with either of them
dyin
Can you answer the following:
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:17 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:14 pm
I am the doctor
I see no reason to keep quiet about it anymore and hopefully the Joat can save me.

my saves were n1 eden I wasnt actually roleblocked but I claimed it so scum would assume im vt
n2 I self saved after killing celaph
n3 I saved Jamie
What were you trying to accomplish with this post?

bozotheclown

#7146 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:20 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:07 am
rdrivera2005
worcej
Jamiet99uk
DemonRHK
pyxxy

let's play: can we pick 1 person out of 5, with 3 tries and weeks of interactions?

town has this if we just do the rereads and keep in the POE
I am not sure if this could be a fake town slip or you are just not paying attention.

bozotheclown

#7147 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:36 am

Since it is apparent that brainbomb is going to ignore my question until I have been removed from the game and count on no one else following up:

PE posted this D4:
President Eden wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:33 am
I was gonna save this until later, in the hopes that I might goad Flum into talking more about the JOAT, but I realized that if he’s mafia then he already knows what I’m doing, and can tailor his responses appropriately.

Let me start off by thanking my teammates for attempting to confuse the mafia with fake claims. I love your initiative and I think your heads were in the right place. However, the mafia plainly doesn’t buy a word of it. Hence…

I really, truly am the Cop. I was roleblocked last night. I’ve decided to reveal this because I believe Flum’s comments about me being the JOAT were sincere and not faked, and thus that he is town, as if he were mafia he would know I am not the JOAT.

I don’t really get where ghug was coming from N2 (obviously). There may be some hashing out postgame. But careful reinspection of ghug’s posts in light of Boat’s flip leaves me doubtful that ghug was mafia.

Further…

• I believe Jamie’s story about being a townie trying to cover for me. I think Maniac was town, and that the mafia subsequently made no effort to disrupt Jamie further because they knew that Jamie was full of it.
• bozo is obviously not the Cop and is covering for me. Thank you buddy, but it’s quite clear the remaining mafia aren’t fooled, and I believe I’ve accomplished enough that I can just come clean in the interests of the town.

As it stands, the mafia were actually not fooled in the slightest as to what was happening, and I believe all that our role shenanigans are doing is confusing ourselves. So I’m going to be the fun police (🥁) and get us back on track.

I will leave any speculation as to whose confusion was genuine and whose was faked, and what that means, as an exercise to the reader.
brainbomb posted this N4:
brainbomb wrote:
I am the doctor
I see no reason to keep quiet about it anymore and hopefully the Joat can save me.

my saves were n1 eden I wasnt actually roleblocked but I claimed it so scum would assume im vt
n3 I saved Jamie
Since PE had made it clear he was the cop and was RBed, claiming doctor protecting Jamie had no chance of confusing the mafia or draw the NK, so the only potential motivation was to reveal the real doctor, and the attempt was successful, as Chaqa felt it was necessary to counterclaim.

This was such an anti-town move that brainbomb should have been DKed immediately. I only waited until Chaqa was NKed to bring it up because of the small chance the mafia thought Chaqa could be fake claiming to protect the real doctor.

brainbomb is counting on his history of fake claiming PRs to avoid suspicion, but I have never seen brainbomb make an obvious anti-town fake claim as town before.

bozotheclown

#7148 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:38 am

This is brainbomb explaining exactly why he would make that fake claim as mafia:
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:14 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:11 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:06 pm

Scumlean me more. Chaqa, as member of kouncil, should have known better when he knew this set up was different
in what scenario does it work as a scum play? say scum purposely roleblocked like, me or pyxxy for optimal chance that we’d make a mistake as PR and claim to be roleblocked since we are newer. If it works and a PR is outed, Chaqa gets insta-eliminated by the vote, and the PR is likely doc saved or something. It’s not a good trade for scum, imo. So I don’t think the motivation is as simple as you seem to
never underestimate scums ability to out a PR and then feign ignorance. Ive done it before. Ive PR claimed as scum to bait a counter claim and then I retracted and just acted like I was trying to protect the real PR

bozotheclown

#7149 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:48 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:28 pm
President Eden wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:38 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:35 pm
I guess I should announce to everyone every single thing I do in this game because apparently I can’t keep the things in doing in the background hidden.

Do we count m63 of him typing day one comments in hard to read colors as a joke?
allow me to offer some perhaps unwanted advice on this front:

as much as you have to sort the alignments of 18 other people
if you’re town, you have 14 teammates who have to sort yours

keeping things “hidden in the background” is certainly fine if you think it’s going to improve your ability to sort the alignments of 18 other people. but if you’re town it’s going to hurt the chances of your 14 teammates sorting yours. and frankly I find in mafia that it’s both easier and more effective to help your team solve the game by making yourself unimpeachably town than it is to leave yourself ambiguous in the hopes that it’ll more likely catch mafia.
Fair.

This is what I'm trying to do (because stuff like this makes sense in my head). I will finish it up during night one and once we figure out the alignment of D1 kill.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=drivesdk

Stuff like this makes sense in my head to see patterns and what not. I was tracking this stuff down without numbers but I think numbers makes it more concrete.

Tracking mentions/replies/quotes

If it's a bad strategy oh whale, I need concrete stuff.
Sabi's interaction table shows low interaction between celaph, TFB, ghug, and brainbomb early.

Bonatogether

#7150 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:51 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:36 am
Since it is apparent that brainbomb is going to ignore my question until I have been removed from the game and count on no one else following up:

PE posted this D4:
President Eden wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:33 am
I was gonna save this until later, in the hopes that I might goad Flum into talking more about the JOAT, but I realized that if he’s mafia then he already knows what I’m doing, and can tailor his responses appropriately.

Let me start off by thanking my teammates for attempting to confuse the mafia with fake claims. I love your initiative and I think your heads were in the right place. However, the mafia plainly doesn’t buy a word of it. Hence…

I really, truly am the Cop. I was roleblocked last night. I’ve decided to reveal this because I believe Flum’s comments about me being the JOAT were sincere and not faked, and thus that he is town, as if he were mafia he would know I am not the JOAT.

I don’t really get where ghug was coming from N2 (obviously). There may be some hashing out postgame. But careful reinspection of ghug’s posts in light of Boat’s flip leaves me doubtful that ghug was mafia.

Further…

• I believe Jamie’s story about being a townie trying to cover for me. I think Maniac was town, and that the mafia subsequently made no effort to disrupt Jamie further because they knew that Jamie was full of it.
• bozo is obviously not the Cop and is covering for me. Thank you buddy, but it’s quite clear the remaining mafia aren’t fooled, and I believe I’ve accomplished enough that I can just come clean in the interests of the town.

As it stands, the mafia were actually not fooled in the slightest as to what was happening, and I believe all that our role shenanigans are doing is confusing ourselves. So I’m going to be the fun police (🥁) and get us back on track.

I will leave any speculation as to whose confusion was genuine and whose was faked, and what that means, as an exercise to the reader.
brainbomb posted this N4:
brainbomb wrote:
I am the doctor

n3 I saved Jamie
Since PE had made it clear he was the cop and was RBed, claiming doctor protecting Jamie had no chance of confusing the mafia or draw the NK, so the only potential motivation was to reveal the real doctor, and the attempt was successful, as Chaqa felt it was necessary to counterclaim.

This was such an anti-town move that brainbomb should have been DKed immediately. I only waited until Chaqa was NKed to bring it up because of the small chance the mafia thought Chaqa could be fake claiming to protect the real doctor.

brainbomb is counting on his history of fake claiming PRs to avoid suspicion, but I have never seen brainbomb make an obvious anti-town fake claim as town before.
i'm not sure that people took the claim seriously in thread. rereading that area to get a sense of the thread

bozotheclown

#7151 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:08 pm

brainbomb was voting for Fluminator D4 and D5 at times it looked like Fluminator would be the likely DK, but ended up helping to save him both days.

The last mafia would definitely want to make sure to get credit for the Fluminator DK, but might also take the opportunity to get a mis-kill when they had the chance.

Jamiet99uk

#7152 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:12 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:13 pm
The town meeting was called together once again, and after refusing to use the die for the third day in a row, things began in earnest. But somebody was missing. Ben was nowhere to be seen. Then they became aware of a noise in the bin nearby. They peeked inside and saw, to their horror, Ben rummaging around for scraps. So they promptly took the bin and rolled it over the neighbourhood cliff.

FLUMINATOR HAS DIED. HE WAS THE MAFIA GOON (BIN CHICKEN)
SQUAWK!

Good outcome.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

bozotheclown

#7153 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:14 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:25 pm
Wait, what was I saying?

Worc. Flip worc.

Sorry rdr, you're on my list after that
I don't like that RHK can't remember his scum reads.

bozotheclown

#7154 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:14 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:06 am
I made a post D3 about not wanting to let a scum flum get to mafia chat. I think anything flum says from D4 onward could be tainted with the knowledge he was going over one way or the other
As much as I’ve advocated killing subs…I gunk Jamie may be my other wagon of choice.
Can you explain your suspicion of Jamie?

bozotheclown

#7155 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:17 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:44 pm
Wanted to wait till right @ EON to post this but work won't have me at my office at the phase change. I want to bring back Eden's wall post about ghug which started the whole shitshow in this game:
President Eden wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:39 am
ghug mini-case (psych it’s a real case) (double psych it’s a massive wallpost)

[snipping out the wall - click the arrow if you want to see it all]

CLIFFS/TLDR
- ghug really wanted someone besides celaph to flip, minor but whatever
- ghug makes a series of very weak arguments trying to prevent the formation of a towncore which:
(1) badly overreach,
(2) beg many questions for further analysis which a townie would do but he doesn’t, and
(3) also display the very kind of sweeping generalizations he decries as overly simplistic when he’s town.

get his ass
At the time, I was processing this information and watched the reaction from ghug (which was incredibly negative and truthfully NAI) but did think that Eden had a valid points about ghug's posting style and how it was focused on positioning Bona and his lack of continuity (making the type of post he hates) compared to normal town games. I did feel off about ghug, but shied away from the drama and just decided to let that dust settle for awhile.

In comes Flum, who we can categorize his play so far as the following:
  • D3: "I don't know whats going on. Who is town? Why is Demon voting me?"
  • N3: Joat should kill rdr, endorsing Jamie's proposed marriage to Durga, and rdr and Demon are scum.
  • D4: Scums rdr/Demon still, VCA's pyxxy, blamp, and myself as scum, self votes for the SIMPs, and then pushes Sabi up for the noose when he moved his self vote. Important note - Demon was the other counter wagon, who he had been scumming for awhile, yet he moved to Sabi and caused (imho) BB and Bona to consolidate on them to ensure processing.
  • N4: Towned Blamp and went at Chaqa for going for a hammer on him before discussion could occur.
  • D5: Wall posts how Blamp is town, begins shading me, but ultimately is the final vote and end vote on Blamp to hammer the phase at the weirdest of times. His reasoning is to stop tunnels and put Blamp out of his misery. (dafuq?)
  • N5: Moves on and begins planting, imho, potential seeds of doubt regarding Bona.
Flum's actions so far seem too widely inconsistent for me to believe they are anything other than 'survive as long as I can in POE' - his votes have had basically no justification and he has shaded Bona (the recent check-in on Chaqa's opinion), Demon, pyxxy, Blamp (known town now), and myself while avoiding to make opinions/shade regarding BB and Rdr.

I strongly believe Flum is scum and should be the next flip. If he is scum, BB and rdr make the most sense as his teammate from a distancing POV.
While this is certainly a good case, the timing of it is questionable, as it was already fairly obvious that Fluminator was going to be the D6 DK.

bozotheclown

#7156 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:18 pm

My preferred order of DKs is:

1. brainbomb
2. worcej
3. RHK

Bonatogether

#7157 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:25 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:18 pm
My preferred order of DKs is:

1. brainbomb
2. worcej
3. RHK
killing brain is a terrible idea here

Bonatogether

#7158 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:26 pm

hands down town deserves to lose if we kill brain

Bonatogether

#7159 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:29 pm

failing to stick to the POE is reckless and dangerous

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#7160 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:58 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:29 pm
failing to stick to the POE is reckless and dangerous
Why you are so sure about Brain being town? Why you have him more towny then someone that was scanned innocent?

Also, have you read a single line that Bozo wrote? You might disagree, but ignoring it is really bad for town. We have 3 shots to win, but the game is far from over.