M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#7021 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:26 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:19 am
but really im not convinced celaph is scum. I like some of his posts day 1
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:25 am
celaph wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:01 pm
Snowy was bad, now good. Initial focus on Kak was artificial, but his current posting style around reminds me of the time we miskilled him because he didn't explain his scumread on ghug well. He's calling out worthwhile points, but giving no thought to why they are worth while.

Sabi has transitioned from deir defeatist attitude into just asking what others think of specific people. This both helps town a more and is also far more likely to be faked. Might switch if they turn the questions into something useful, but otherwise I fear scum here.

PE, BB, and ghug are all town on the day. No change to the scum on Blamp.

I've liked the arguments put forth by BB regarding TFB. To add my 2 cents, the following is a question you ask not because you particularly care about the answer, but rather because you think of it as the type of question that town should ask.
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:45 pm
Continuing with the catch up, ignoring the effects of snowy trolling you in your view, how has your read of Sabi evolved and why given their posts after you called them out?
fantastic celaph post very in line with their usual townplay
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:26 am
celaph wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:01 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:30 pm

i like sabi's response posts to me and the previous one to eden about jamie, the one where they iso jamie. feels genuine
Do dey feel genuine in an alignment indicative way though? Because I agree that Sabi feels genuinely upset about Jamie, but it seems all external to the game. Dey even left Jamie off deir reads list. Though that last point counts in deir favor for deir desire to move past it and solve.
also great points and theyre still valid
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:27 am
explain why scum celaph is trying to keep town kak safe?
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:48 pm
##Vote celaph
After pushing celaph as town during D2, brainbomb's move from TFB to celaph puts Maniac in a tie for the lead wagon for the first time D2.

bozotheclown

#7022 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:44 pm

ghug/brainbomb make sense as mafia with the way D2 went.

ghug voted for Maniac after he had two town votes, despite advocating for the TFB wagon:
ghug wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:09 pm
Well, that was fun to catch up on.

Big fan of the BFT wagon. ##VOTE Maniac
After Chaqa placed a fourth vote on Maniac, TFB voted for Maniac while advocating for the celaph wagon:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:17 pm
Let's make these wagons more interesting. Still would likely prefer Celaph at EoD ##VOTE maniac.
Then brainbomb put Maniac in a tie for the lead with an unexplained vote move form TFB to celaph:
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:48 pm
##Vote celaph
So, ghug, brainbomb, and TFB all placed votes that went against their preferred wagons that made Maniac more likely to be the DK, despite their preferred wagons being available to them.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7023 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:55 pm

##Vote flum
Third day's the charm?

bozotheclown

#7024 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:55 pm

After brainbomb spent N5 trying to make sure pyxxy would be ahead of him in the POE, Fluminator started D6 with this:
Fluminator wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:18 pm
Bonatogether in honour of Chaqa
bozotheclown
Jamiet99uk
We lose the game at 3 or 4 miskills, but we should probably assume we don't have the flipper so let's assume 3.
I'm content leaving brain out of the POE. Every time he's played mafia he had a breakdown by this point. I have seen nothing gutwise to indicate he's scum and he never appeared in my VCA suspects. So that leaves

Me
DemonRHK
worcej
pyxxy
rdrivera2005

I'm content with the fact I'll be a flip before the end at this point, which means that's one miskill gone.
So for the final 4, we really need one of these players to obvtown. There needs to be real pressure given to everyone imo to give a chance.

Like, some players are saying they're content being killed in the poe, but at this point, shouldn't they start becoming a little worried if they're town?

I understand the meta this game seems for people in the poe to be like "yeah it's townie to let myself be killed in the poe" and maybe it made more sense earlier, but at this point it's actually getting close. If players in the poe still pretend to be okay with the current state and fine dying without giving anything, I'm going to assume it's an act and that they're scum.
If brainbomb and Fluminator are the remaining mafia, Fluminator is probably the flipper who will flip VT.

Also, Fluminator's statement about brainbomb is not true, and I think Fluminator would know that.

Fluminator

#7025 Post by Fluminator » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:33 pm

The two remaining scum are railing me up the ass rn.

Fluminator

#7026 Post by Fluminator » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:49 pm

It makes sense bozo is making his final day count, but the rest of y'all are giving the scum a day off.

I at least am putting effort already. Force the other poes to put in effort and the odds of us winning go up a little

Jamiet99uk

#7027 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:00 am

Fluminator wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:49 pm
It makes sense bozo is making his final day count, but the rest of y'all are giving the scum a day off.

I at least am putting effort already. Force the other poes to put in effort and the odds of us winning go up a little
I am not going to endvote and I would like Brainbomb to answer to Bozo's assertions.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7028 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:28 am

Fluminator wrote:

I'll offer you the same thing I've offered in the past since we have 2 kills before KILO:

I'll suihammer if you go next no questions asked.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#7029 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:46 am

Fluminator wrote:

What's the effort you are putting? It's an honest question. You are in most POEs because of Ghug play, but you didn't make any improvements to get you out of it. I know I am not the best player to say this, but this take seems weird and lazy and aimed only to get some sympathy to you.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#7030 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:48 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:15 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:53 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:52 pm

What have worcej or Bona done to warrant this?
I was going to ask the same, but including Brain.....
Here rdrivera points out ghug's omission of brainbomb.
At that point I was more suspicious of Chaqa then Ghug or Brain, but i
I found weird the way Ghug just gave a pass to Brain, but I thought it more as scum Ghug buddying town Brain.

bozotheclown

#7031 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:22 am

Fluminator wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:37 pm
I skimmed ghug's ISO finally, didn't get much from it.
I do agree with his take that Celaph was likely bussed, especially with TFB being scum.

Celaph seems quite uncertain about his scum skills and I definitely see him volunteering to die and be bussed in a nightchat. I don't think I've seen TFB play as scum before but from what I know of him, he would want to keep playing.

That leads me to think if he was bussed, it would be players who weren't on him in day 1, but joined on day 2.

That leaves
pyxxy worcej BusinessLamp TheFlyingBoat (TFB doesn't really count)

I think the TFB voters on day 2 look a little better? Scum bus to get credit. I have no idea how close or tense that eod was, but voting scum while simultaneously looking bad after is not something that happens ideally. Honestly this eod is rich I might try to read it more closely to see if there's some more juicy context.

So that is
bozotheclown rdrivera2005 celaph Maniac Chaqa President Eden that look better.
Celaph doesn't count obv. Chaqa and Eden are almost certainly town. Maniac is probably town and Jamiet is probably a dick. Bozo is probably a clear. So Rdr is the only unknown right now here and this honestly makes Rdr look a little better imo.

Jamiet/Sabi/Ghug were on a vanity wagon, and I think they'd take the certain credit of a scum kill. This makes Sabi look a little better too.

So pyxxy, worcej, business lamp would be who I look for based on objective VCA not knowing the full contexts. I'll go deeper into blamp next, and then check pyxxy and worcej after.
I find this post interesting for 2 things:

1. Fluminator townreads ghug for ending on Maniac like he did not know ghug's alignment (which was also inaccurate, since ghug's vote for TFB was not recorded by the bot).

2. The only remaining players he does not name are RHK and brainbomb, so if Fluminator is mafia, they are the only players Fluminator did not either try to make scum suspects or pocket by town reading them.

Fluminator

#7032 Post by Fluminator » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:55 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:28 am
Fluminator wrote:

I'll offer you the same thing I've offered in the past since we have 2 kills before KILO:

I'll suihammer if you go next no questions asked.
This is fakeposting

Fluminator

#7033 Post by Fluminator » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:07 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:46 am
Fluminator wrote:

What's the effort you are putting? It's an honest question. You are in most POEs because of Ghug play, but you didn't make any improvements to get you out of it. I know I am not the best player to say this, but this take seems weird and lazy and aimed only to get some sympathy to you.
I mean I haven't cured cancer yet but I've done some analyis. More than you or a lot of people in the poe have done.

I'm not asking for sympathy, I'm not asking to be spared today (because I'm a terrible person to have in kilo anyway because I haven't read the full game). I'm just saying a lot of people are wasting a day to actually hunt.

Fluminator

#7034 Post by Fluminator » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:08 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:22 am
Fluminator wrote:
I skimmed ghug's ISO finally, didn't get much from it.
I do agree with his take that Celaph was likely bussed, especially with TFB being scum.

Celaph seems quite uncertain about his scum skills and I definitely see him volunteering to die and be bussed in a nightchat. I don't think I've seen TFB play as scum before but from what I know of him, he would want to keep playing.

That leads me to think if he was bussed, it would be players who weren't on him in day 1, but joined on day 2.

That leaves
pyxxy worcej BusinessLamp TheFlyingBoat (TFB doesn't really count)

I think the TFB voters on day 2 look a little better? Scum bus to get credit. I have no idea how close or tense that eod was, but voting scum while simultaneously looking bad after is not something that happens ideally. Honestly this eod is rich I might try to read it more closely to see if there's some more juicy context.

So that is
bozotheclown rdrivera2005 celaph Maniac Chaqa President Eden that look better.
Celaph doesn't count obv. Chaqa and Eden are almost certainly town. Maniac is probably town and Jamiet is probably a dick. Bozo is probably a clear. So Rdr is the only unknown right now here and this honestly makes Rdr look a little better imo.

Jamiet/Sabi/Ghug were on a vanity wagon, and I think they'd take the certain credit of a scum kill. This makes Sabi look a little better too.

So pyxxy, worcej, business lamp would be who I look for based on objective VCA not knowing the full contexts. I'll go deeper into blamp next, and then check pyxxy and worcej after.

1. Fluminator townreads ghug for ending on Maniac like he did not know ghug's alignment (which was also inaccurate, since ghug's vote for TFB was not recorded by the bot).

2. The only remaining players he does not name are RHK and brainbomb, so if Fluminator is mafia, they are the only players Fluminator did not either try to make scum suspects or pocket by town reading them.
Might not be the best use of your time to look at this since I'm town.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#7035 Post by pyxxy » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:32 am

pyxxy wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:18 am
Hm.

If we're not hammering someone, my preference is still

##VOTE DemonRHK
##UNEND

Demon > rdr > worcej > flum, if I had to order my top 4
I've been stewing on all these D5+N5+D6 posts. I think I've moved to:

worcej > rdr ~= demon > flum

- due to Chaqa's strong feelings on demon and rdr's attempts at participation here on D6
- my flum read remains entirely based on ghug asking for a sub in good faith
Fluminator wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:49 pm
If you kill me today, I think you should at least run up one of the lurkers at the same time to force them to participate more than they have.

Also disappointed every post will only be getting one +1 instead of 2 now.
I still don't feel confident about any of this. But I will respect the likely DK's desire, and
##VOTE worcej

before I go to bed, but I'll be awake for EOD, don't worry

p.s. bozo, I have read your posts. Still digesting them.

Jamiet99uk

#7036 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:04 am

Fluminator wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:08 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:22 am
Fluminator wrote:

Might not be the best use of your time to look at this since I'm town.
A comprehensive and thoroughly convincing rebuttal.

Perry Mason couldn't have done more.

BobMcBob

#7037 Post by BobMcBob » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:05 pm

Vote Count Version 6.1
Fluminator: (6) Bonatogether, rdrivera2005, Jamiet99uk, brainbomb, worcej, DemonRHK
brainbomb: (1) bozotheclown
worcej: (1) pyxxy

Currently Fluminator is set to be eggsecuted

DEADLINE IS IN 7 HOURS AND 55 MINUTES

Fact: Contrary to popular belief, chickens are not vegetables

Jamiet99uk

#7038 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:14 pm

I see the GMs just don't think Chaqa deserved a flavour name.

Bonatogether

#7039 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:16 pm

Not sure why town is suddenly dead.

I like the votes this today, however. Probably tonight will be more active with the flip.

worcej

#7040 Post by worcej » Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:35 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:16 pm
Not sure why town is suddenly dead.

I like the votes this today, however. Probably tonight will be more active with the flip.
Weekend phase and late game - it's a double whammy.

I've been wanting Flum to flip for a bit and I'm glad others are on this wavelength as well.