M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#6861 Post by brainbomb » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:22 pm

ghug wrote: ↑Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:52 pm
The lack of any 2000 word posts despite Eden and boat both being active has me worried.

brainbomb wrote: ↑Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:58 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote: ↑Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:56 pm
brainbomb wrote: ↑Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:55 pm
whats the benefit of telling me what I will or will not do
I mean presumably to change your behavior off that normal track. What do you think the desired motion of change is and why would they desire that change?
my immediate thought is that if snowy is scum with sabi its a great joke to make because it labels me as a clown and gives snowy a chance to make it seem like my idea to vote sabi is just silly and itll be forgotten
:!:
BesharamSabi wrote: ↑Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:09 pm
Just left work.

I was so happy that eden didn't wallpost and then he did. Holding out hope with boatman.

I haven't opened my role pm yet because I want to be surprised when I get home.

Anyway as per tradition, my one and only joke vote:

##VOTE Bona

Glad brainbomb is back to sussing me. I missed it honestly.

What else have I missed?
:!:

At pyxxy
these are three posts you gave a +1 too on day one without interating with the game for nearly 20 pages iirc. What stood out about these posts, they arent funny and they dont seem to be all that pertinent to anything at the time. Why give these posts +1's?

worcej

#6862 Post by worcej » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:23 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:58 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:53 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:31 am

Is this fair?

Pyxxy voted for Kak at a time when there were no scum wagons, and he didn't post again until after EoD1.

I think his hands are cleaner than most.
How can his hand be cleaner than the two that weren't even in the pot? :smirk:
TBH scum aren't always found on leading wagons. I'd say it's generally kinda rare, maybe 50/50
I should've added a /s on top of my smirk emoji I guess - I was ribbing you just to rib you

worcej

#6863 Post by worcej » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:25 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:00 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:50 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:19 am
so… youve held onto those feelings all
this time and only now when im questioning you youve decided to fire back
Pyxxy's post about being a target by BB since D2 did seem a little weird to finally comment on now.
I guess I see it as if youre gonna come at me I can also spin something to make you look bad too. it isnt necessarily scummy but if he even remotely felt it was evidence against me like seriously that is something you should always talk about. If you sus someone talk about it.
Absolutely agree with you here BB - best to be open and transparent about reads.

My take on the Blamp hammer is because of bozo's comment on the lack of visible progression of Blamp's reads and the 180 he flipped on me right when his neck was on the line.

brainbomb

#6864 Post by brainbomb » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:25 pm

yea those arent good responses pyxxy. it sounds like you are trying to say that my reason for suspecting you is alcohol driven which was never the case.

brainbomb

#6865 Post by brainbomb » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:27 pm

I would say what you are doing is shading me in your own way.

Are you familiar with the concept?

brainbomb

#6866 Post by brainbomb » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:35 pm

Heres your statements in an easy to read format:
Yeah that's my fault for reacting to you while you were drunk and antagonistic. I should have just waited until morning.
Shading post characterizing my scumread on you as intoxicated antagonism
I'm pretty confident that you're town, brain:
As is most of the game, this post doesnt explain any actual reason why

^I know how you can be abrasive, even outside of mafia games /s
shading remark highlighting my forum behavior and passing off my aggresion as a character flaw.
pyxxy wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:37 am
You do agree that "Brainbomb, Demon and Chaqa" are all town, yeah? I think I currently believe this to be true.
Strange comment to just throw in here? why is this even in here?

pyxxy wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:08 pm
Currently sheeping Eden, brain is a close second though. Hopefully Bona comes back later tonight and drops some nice analysis, calls a few people SIMPS, just like the good ol' days.
Why did chaqa leapfrog all of those people?
^If it's not clear, as I learned what sheep meant, I started using it for people that I trusted/town read. That included you.
You shouldnt be trusting and sheeping people without your own reasons to do so. There is no reason to tell me you want to sheep me, I dont recall you ever following me on anything this game in fact.
You don't mind pushing people hard:
Fact? what does this matter in regards too?
And sometimes you bounce around between ideas:
shading implying that I bounce around ideas so im not really worth listening too? what are you saying here?
But you're always receptive to positive interaction.
I do have a weakness for nice people who are nice. you are nice. but you are also sneaky.
I'm sorry that I came out scared and angry that you were drunk blitz posting at me.
you were scared?

But you come on strong and only think (when you're sober) I mean when you're meant with an equal force in the opposite direction.
Not sure how you would be able yo quantify this statement with such minimal experience playing with me.

I don't want to lose this game to you tunneling me -> our afk townies not reading shit, not doing shit, and just voting me out to preserve their future scum metas.
If they are afk townies then at least they are townies. im not here to kill townies im here to kill scum. who is out to get you and preserve their scum metas?

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#6867 Post by pyxxy » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:38 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:25 am
pyxxy wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:53 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:44 pm
rather than spam the game with every posy pyxxy gave a +1 too here are three in particular that im curious what they liked from these posts and why they selectively picked these
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:39 pm
I find pyxxy acknoledging my concerns but never actually explaining on the three posts I quoted any reasons why they gave those three a +1

It wasnt like I asked them to explain what they liked on every +1

I gave three examples

three

and they dodged even trying to answer and their return post was as slimy as can be.
@brain am I missing something about forum functionality here? Did I miss where you posted the three +1s that you want me to talk about?

Would you mind re-linking them for me?
Did brainbomb accidentally block me instead of Sabi? He responded to other posts but not this :'(

Can anybody hear me?

Please +1 this post if you can see it, so that I know I'm still alive...definitely not to farm karma...
Brain! Thank you! It literally took you from D2 until now actually include the posts you were talking about.

I reiterate. You do listen to other people, once they present an equal force in the opposite direction. Which is quite hard when you have a full head of steam.
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:22 pm

[the three pyxxy +1s brainbomb linked, omited for space]

At pyxxy
these are three posts you gave a +1 too on day one without interating with the game for nearly 20 pages iirc. What stood out about these posts, they arent funny and they dont seem to be all that pertinent to anything at the time. Why give these posts +1's?
ghug's post was funny! It came at D1 -47:08, how is that not funny?

your post was funny too, literally 3 minutes after the post you linked, you write:
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:01 pm
anyway its funny that I always change my mind

thats the takeaway im gonna just go with I guess
^that's funny too XD take some credit for yourself

sabi's post was...you guessed it, funny, like "lmao didnt open my role pm yet but im gonna vote bona :razz: "

maybe you just don't understand sophisticated humor, brain :razz:

------

Is there something about +1s that I'm missing? Should I not be +1 things that I think are funny, and instead be +1'ing things that I think are correct?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6868 Post by Chaqa » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:38 pm

I had a dream that Brainbomb flipped as Godfather

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#6869 Post by pyxxy » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:39 pm

oh god is this another time when I should have refreshed before finishing my reply

brainbomb

#6870 Post by brainbomb » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:40 pm

okay so you were only giving out +1's to things you found funny?

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#6871 Post by pyxxy » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:42 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:27 pm
I would say what you are doing is shading me in your own way.

Are you familiar with the concept?
Okay I'm back here in reading the thread.

No I'm not familiar. I tried looking it up on mafiascum previously and got no results
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?se ... arch&go=Go

brainbomb

#6872 Post by brainbomb » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:43 pm

Macca573 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:15 am
No real thoughts yet, we're still mostly in shitpost phase. That being said...

##VOTE Sabi

They're claim of "chicken nuggets machine" is an obvious reference to killing chickens like the mafia do.

They're probs also claiming their role with the subsequent sentence "Which of yall am I sending to McDonald's?". McDonalds is a reference to burger flipping. Sabi is the flipper!
so what was funny about this post? ah yes, the flipper thing, hmmm hold up a second

brainbomb

#6873 Post by brainbomb » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:46 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:35 am
damo666 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:25 am
Imagine that. We hit the flipper first day. 8-)

[Well, there's a chance]
Oh actually I meant to ask this in my town!bona post, are there any situations where Kak is/was actually scum? I've read all the role explanations and searched their powers on the internet but it's still my first game so I'm getting a little confused between "flipper" and "flipped town" etc etc
its interesting you say you got them confused.

especially since you found the macca post calling sabi the flipper funny.

brainbomb

#6874 Post by brainbomb » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:53 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:14 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:08 pm
##call GM

If the flippers chooses a unique role (ie not vt) for their death flip and they die after the true role holder do they still flip the chosen role?

Asking for a friend.
Yes, the flipper will flip their chosen role regardless.

FOUND IT

you gave this post a +1 day one when bob was very well explaining the flipper role

your townslip is FAKED!!!!

brainbomb

#6875 Post by brainbomb » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:55 pm

I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING TO THIS CASE!!!!!!!

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#6876 Post by pyxxy » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:57 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:35 pm
Heres your statements in an easy to read format:

[pyxxy quotes]
But you come on strong and only think (when you're sober) I mean when you're meant with an equal force in the opposite direction.
Not sure how you would be able yo quantify this statement with such minimal experience playing with me.

I don't want to lose this game to you tunneling me -> our afk townies not reading shit, not doing shit, and just voting me out to preserve their future scum metas.
If they are afk townies then at least they are townies. im not here to kill townies im here to kill scum. who is out to get you and preserve their scum metas?
Literally in the post I made before this big "pyxxy quotes" post, I quoted myself from D2. I'll quote it again here:
pyxxy wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:49 pm
Brainbomb, I'll double respond here. Your posts are legendary on this forum. I've been on webdip long enough to know that.
One of the top threads rn is you commenting in "Could we train the bots to fight russia?" XD like brain, you're legendary. Just accept it.

"afk townies"
I voted for Celaph because he didn't post during N1.
I've voted for Demon and RDR multiple times citing their lack of engagement.

Way back on D4:
pyxxy wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:46 pm
pyxxy: Flum, rdrivera, RHK, worcej
----------------
I don't feel confident about my list. I feel like I have reasons to town lean almost everyone.
I'm having a horrible time trying to scum read anyone. See: my first ever scum read on Celaph being entirely based off him not posting during N1, people treating my ISO attempt on worcej as cute and a town slip, people thinking the thats vs that's thing is cute and a town slip.

If anything I should be grateful that you're even considering that I've been sandbagging the whole game instead of just being a new player.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#6877 Post by pyxxy » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:59 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:39 pm
oh god is this another time when I should have refreshed before finishing my reply
refreshing again
jfc

alright I'm just going to enter zen mode and not worry about brain posting 5 bajillion things while I'm writing

I will respond to everything and work my way through it ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#6878 Post by pyxxy » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:02 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:25 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:00 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:50 pm
Pyxxy's post about being a target by BB since D2 did seem a little weird to finally comment on now.
I guess I see it as if youre gonna come at me I can also spin something to make you look bad too. it isnt necessarily scummy but if he even remotely felt it was evidence against me like seriously that is something you should always talk about. If you sus someone talk about it.
Absolutely agree with you here BB - best to be open and transparent about reads.

My take on the Blamp hammer is because of bozo's comment on the lack of visible progression of Blamp's reads and the 180 he flipped on me right when his neck was on the line.
(I'm at here in my reading now, wait it this before the brain thing I responded too? I'm just trying not to miss anything w/e)

Yeah like I replied now this morning (pacific time), that's my fault for responding. I watched brain attack Blamp the same way and I still got baited into reacting :/ I don't actually sus brain and like my quotes show, I've felt that way for a while

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#6879 Post by pyxxy » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:11 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:40 pm
okay so you were only giving out +1's to things you found funny?
okay I think I'm here

I'll answer this but I'm going to push back first.

You're holding back in your questions. You're not actually laying out your entire case against me. You're adjusting your case as I give my responses.

>pyxxy why are you sheeping Eden+Chaqa?
oh they're literally mechnically proven PR with no CCs, uhhhh next!

> pyxxy why the Kak vote?
hmmm okay that's already been explained, next!

> pyxxy why the +1s?
aha, got you now!

> oh so you think +1s are for funny things? how dare you
--------

If I say yes, I +1 things that I think are funny, you're going to pull some post that's (you think) is not funny and accuse me of being inconsistent.

If I say no, I +1 things that make sense, you're going to pull a post that I found funny and accuse me of being inconsistent.

If I say both, I +1 things that I think are good contributions to the thread (that's your answer, btw), then guess what?

You're going to accuse me of dodging the question with a cop-out answer.

This is a catch-22 line of questioning because you haven't laid out your case against me ahead of time, you're just reacting to whatever I say and jumping up and down and pointing and doing an irl clown emoji :neutral:

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#6880 Post by pyxxy » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:12 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:43 pm
Macca573 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:15 am
No real thoughts yet, we're still mostly in shitpost phase. That being said...

##VOTE Sabi

They're claim of "chicken nuggets machine" is an obvious reference to killing chickens like the mafia do.

They're probs also claiming their role with the subsequent sentence "Which of yall am I sending to McDonald's?". McDonalds is a reference to burger flipping. Sabi is the flipper!
so what was funny about this post? ah yes, the flipper thing, hmmm hold up a second
lmao do you not think the McDonald's part is funny?????

ouch, Macca, do you see this?