M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#6101 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:33 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:26 am
President Eden wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:25 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:23 am

Do you think brain’s doctor claim is serious?

It’s kinda got me 🤔🤔🤔
free advice, just fucking shoot me you idiot, he’s not going to save me and the JOAT used their save n2
Yeah he’s definitely not gonna save you bro cause he ain’t the fucking doctor
Well of course not.

A Fucking Doctor would likely be somone with a Psychology degree and wouldn't practice triage.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6102 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:34 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:33 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:26 am
President Eden wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:25 am

free advice, just fucking shoot me you idiot, he’s not going to save me and the JOAT used their save n2
Yeah he’s definitely not gonna save you bro cause he ain’t the fucking doctor
Well of course not.

A Fucking Doctor would likely be somone with a Psychology degree and wouldn't practice triage.
Unless you're referring to the actual act, then we're in Physical Therapy.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6103 Post by Chaqa » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:02 am

I probably should have waited longer before even mentioning it, but I see early signs of a bunch of suspicions coming onto me and I’m hoping I can get one last day of analysis out of eden where he isn’t worrying about me being scum, as well as on others. Plus, I think it’s relatively unlikely I die tonight anyway, and mafia would have to burn a roleblock on me.

I’m the Doctor.

Way back when I asked eden for a number and then played it off as a joke, but the reason was at EoN I cringed my n1 and n2 saves in my post as the 7th person in the list.

On night 1 I basically had narrowed down my save choice to snowy and eden, and my later “come on doc that was obvious” comment was partially me calling myself out for saving eden over snowy.

On night 2 I thought likely mafia would try to avoid eden and kill Bozo, the other clear, and thus protected him, but they janitorsd Damo. Damo therefore has to be VT or Miller since all PRs are accounted for

Night 3 I protected eden again. The reason I was so interested in if he was roleblocked was because this whole game I thought he was the JOAT, not the cop, and I figured if he wasn’t roleblocked and got a shot off, Flum had to be town, and I still think that’s possibly what mafia was thinking when they rolevloded Flum.

So it’s a big reason why I’m suspicious of Flum.

So You can all stop suspecting me, because I’m a clear.

BusinessLamp

#6104 Post by BusinessLamp » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:08 am

I don’t get why this leads to Flum suspicion

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6105 Post by Chaqa » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:09 am

BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:08 am
I don’t get why this leads to Flum suspicion
Eden had been super adamant ghug/Flum was scum.

He also had heavily softed JOAT.

So when he got targeted for the nightkill, and also roleblocked, I assumed mafia was trying to prevent him shooting Flum on his way out.

Since If Flum is town, they would let him fire so to get two kills in one night.

BusinessLamp

#6106 Post by BusinessLamp » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:11 am

Oh I’ve been assuming Eden was cop the whole time but I haven’t really paid attention

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6107 Post by Chaqa » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:13 am

BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:11 am
Oh I’ve been assuming Eden was cop the whole time but I haven’t really paid attention
Well, he says he is, but he’s also made a LOT of comments I assumed meant he was the JOAT.

He insists he isn’t, which is fair, but I suspect I’m not the only one who thought this

President Eden

#6108 Post by President Eden » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:14 am

[Yakety Sax intensifies]

President Eden

#6109 Post by President Eden » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:15 am

I thought you were the Cop!

Where’s the JOAT?

No, where’s the Doc, who’s the JOAT?

Who’s on first?!?!?!

President Eden

#6110 Post by President Eden » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:17 am

Might as well just have the JOAT claim with their non-Doc info if we’re going to go mask off with like 16 hours to go

President Eden

#6111 Post by President Eden » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:18 am

Inb4 it’s fucking bozo and I accomplished absolutely nothing with my stint as a copper

President Eden

#6112 Post by President Eden » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:21 am

On the bright side I guess Young Money Beetlejuice is still on the menu

BusinessLamp

#6113 Post by BusinessLamp » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:30 am

Bona you’re wrong btw but I doubt there’s any convincing you of that lol after you wrote ten thousand words

President Eden

#6114 Post by President Eden » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:35 am

Scenario A: brain is Doc and Chaqa pulled some 11th hour bullshit out his ass

Literally nothing changes. Get their asses.

Scenario B: Chaqa is Doc and brain probably just tried to bait, but in retrospect no chance that works bc mafia knows who they shot…

Chaqa clear obviously, glad I can stop sweating that because I’m gonna be honest brother you could have bussed celaph there. But wuteva.

Maniac is back to just being VT as rb + kill on me obviously means mafia didn’t care about Jamie’s claim.

Young Money Beetlejuice remains on the radar… do we start considering Jamie who’s kinda just coasted after confessing to a fakeclaim (at least it feels that way)? Probably not but I gotta think it over.

Maybe it’s just YMB + an AFK. Or YMB + Flum or Flum + AFK. Whatever it is it ain’t brain, Chaqa, Bona, bozo, Lamp or pyx IMO.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6115 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:38 am

There is…a lot of questions. But that is for tomorrow.

President Eden

#6116 Post by President Eden » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:40 am

If there’s a world where ghug was town but also crapping on my towncore from N2 AND said towncore was 100% right then I’m gonna lose what’s left of my addled brain

Surely he doesn’t neg that when it’s completely right unless he’s mafia yea?

YMB can be the one I got wrong which makes town ghug correct to pump the brakes. That’s just got to be it. Right? Setting aside how I feel about the whole thing, ghug’s not dumb or bad at the game, if he said it it’s for a reason. That reason is either (1) I’m wrong about one of them and he’s town trying to help, or (2) I’m not wrong and he’s scum deflecting.

I realize that’s a giant pile of just-so statements but it’s still real to me dammit

President Eden

#6117 Post by President Eden » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:41 am

JOAT don’t actually out unless it’s for the hard solve

President Eden

#6118 Post by President Eden » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:41 am

God you couldn’t have told me this 2 hours earlier??? How am I supposed to sleep now

BusinessLamp

#6119 Post by BusinessLamp » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:44 am

President Eden wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:40 am
If there’s a world where ghug was town but also crapping on my towncore from N2 AND said towncore was 100% right then I’m gonna lose what’s left of my addled brain

Surely he doesn’t neg that when it’s completely right unless he’s mafia yea?

YMB can be the one I got wrong which makes town ghug correct to pump the brakes. That’s just got to be it. Right? Setting aside how I feel about the whole thing, ghug’s not dumb or bad at the game, if he said it it’s for a reason. That reason is either (1) I’m wrong about one of them and he’s town trying to help, or (2) I’m not wrong and he’s scum deflecting.

I realize that’s a giant pile of just-so statements but it’s still real to me dammit
Am I being silly, who is YMB

BusinessLamp

#6120 Post by BusinessLamp » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:02 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:38 am
So saying "if celaph ends up being scum" is a very strange statement to make when 1) blamp scumread celaph to some degree and 2) blamp cannot know if he needs to swing momentum until celaph has already died. Later on in that message, he states that "a celaph town flip that I swing onto probably still lets me live, given how much effort I have put in to raise other points of discussion." This, for me, is an enormous red flag. Why does town!blamp consider what will let him live? Why does he care what people think of his effort to raise other points of discussion? This entire PM does not make sense as a town creation. It is a description of how to best avoid the dk for the benefit of town through creating good VCA and interactions, and not creating persuasive arguments against being killed or pushing other kills.
responding to this because I think it’s the easiest thing to clarify. i have zero confidence in my scumhunting ability. so far this game I have made a case on maniac, who I now think is town, and a case on Chaqa/Sabi, who I now think are town. i have zero idea how to better calibrate this. therefore my best value is just in being apparently townie myself, and not allowing myself to be voted out. I push my suspicions with vigor even if I don’t really have confidence in them because like, what else is there to do? I can say I scumread someone but I still am not confident I am right. I’m just hoping to throw thoughts at the wall and maybe someone smarter than me will figure it out. You ask why I consider what will let me live, but I literally say that in the next paragraph. I see being voted out as the ultimate townie failure. If I am voted out that means I played anti-town, and have personally lost. To me there’s no getting around that, it doesn’t matter how right you were. If people don’t trust you and scum can manipulate ppl to vote you out, you failed. That’s my way of looking at it. I’m never going to be the best solver, so my best course of action is to position myself in a way that makes me apparent town. So that’s what I strategized for.

And regarding the taking three minutes to post, it’s because I debated posting an edited version where I took out the insults on Eden. I took them out and just added brackets but then I figured that might make it read as inauthentic so I decided to keep them in.