M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BesharamSabi

Re: M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3781 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:56 pm

Every comment from him about me is insulting me on how I play.

I'm exhausted by this and I have done nothing to warrant this treatment.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3782 Post by ghug » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:59 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:49 pm
so you aren’t willing to argue with me about game-relevant things because your feelings are allegedly hurt and you’re worried about me blowing up again, yet you with no provocation whatsoever decided to attack my character as someone on the Council based upon the very thing you’re afraid will happen.

seems definitely legit and 100% in good faith :lol:
I'm mad, man. I don't know what to tell you.

You were incredibly hurtful to me last time, you never apologized for it, and I was really trepidatious about playing with you again. I wrote up a much longer response to your wall yesterday, realized it was the same sort of escalation to your over-aggressive, bad-faith rhetoric that got us into the same position last time, and tried to disengage, especially given the way you'd already fought with someone you consider a friend and not a scourge upon the community.

I feel like I need to argue with you before you kill me en-route toa long string of miskills that lose us the game, but I also feel like doing so ensures emotional distress for everyone, because neither of us is able to let things go. The result is me being more frustrated and lashing out, but your lack of grace in dealing with me or with Chaqa is also a pretty fair thing to criticize.

brainbomb

#3783 Post by brainbomb » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:00 pm

so who likes meatloaf?

BusinessLamp

#3784 Post by BusinessLamp » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:00 pm

hi friends let’s all take a breath.

Also I disagree with shooting Maniac. Maniac inexplicably linking himself with celaph!scum is a lot less scum-motivated. I think he’s a wacky enough player that it’s more null at this point than anything.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3785 Post by Chaqa » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:01 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:00 pm

Also I disagree with shooting Maniac. Maniac inexplicably linking himself with celaph!scum is a lot less scum-motivated. I think he’s a wacky enough player that it’s more null at this point than anything.
If Maniac isn't taking the bullet you are instead, probably.

Still think we shouldn't shoot Maniac?

President Eden

#3786 Post by President Eden » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:01 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:59 pm
President Eden wrote:
so you aren’t willing to argue with me about game-relevant things because your feelings are allegedly hurt and you’re worried about me blowing up again, yet you with no provocation whatsoever decided to attack my character as someone on the Council based upon the very thing you’re afraid will happen.

You were incredibly hurtful to me last time, you never apologized for it, and I was really trepidatious about playing with you again. I wrote up a much longer response to your wall yesterday, realized it was the same sort of escalation to your over-aggressive, bad-faith rhetoric that got us into the same position last time, and tried to disengage, especially given the way you'd already fought with someone you consider a friend and not a scourge upon the community.

I feel like I need to argue with you before you kill me en-route toa long string of miskills that lose us the game, but I also feel like doing so ensures emotional distress for everyone, because neither of us is able to let things go. The result is me being more frustrated and lashing out, but your lack of grace in dealing with me or with Chaqa is also a pretty fair thing to criticize.
this is a better attempt to sway the audience but it’s not going to work

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3787 Post by Chaqa » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:02 pm

brainbomb wrote:
so who likes meatloaf?
And I would eat anything for lunch

But I won't eat that

BusinessLamp

#3788 Post by BusinessLamp » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:02 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:01 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:

get out of here with this BS. Don’t try to goad me into self-defense

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3789 Post by Chaqa » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:03 pm

@ghug and Eden:

I don't remember bad blood between you two, so maybe I'm missing the context, but from my perspective:

- Ghug, you are being much more scummy and from my perspective difficult this game than normal

- Eden, you have explained your case on ghug pretty adequately, but you've also made a big grand spectacle of being wrong before (see my Cop game) so I would just focus on other avenues for a bit

And then we kill Jamie for laughs

worcej

#3790 Post by worcej » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:03 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:54 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:50 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:42 pm

That's rich coming from the guy that had two meltdowns in two games a row and accused Chaqa of gaslighting you.
I would never imply I am perfect nor a beacon of that advice. I know I am problematic and have anger issues: when I see 'red', I carpet bomb the shit out of the person and have no remorse for it at the time. You already know that to be true.

My point here is you take it personal when someone scum reads you and you quickly go into a personal defense mode, which isn't helpful. BB didn't attack you, he made a statement to try to keep BLamp from OMGUS'ing you and derailing the thread (imho)
It's not just this time. This whole game he's been insulting me. It's been aggrivating he came into this game just to insult me because of m71.
Constructively, I don't think BB has attacked you even once this game. And I say this under the notion that "attack" = personal comments about a persons character. "Sabi is clearly scum for X, Y, Z..." is not an attack.

BB scumread you on D1 and made a case on you. The most egregious thing he did was provide guidance on how your personal defensiveness doesn't help you and he's also just as ironic as me to be saying that because he and I both are stupid about that, but we share it with you because we know it ultimately does us no good.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3791 Post by ghug » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:03 pm

President Eden wrote:
ghug wrote:
President Eden wrote:

Fuck you, man.

I'll sub out this time, I guess.

Don't kill Blamp. He's town.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3792 Post by Chaqa » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:04 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:02 pm
Chaqa wrote:
BusinessLamp wrote:

Assume for a moment the JOAT shot is happening tonight always.

Give me two names you would shoot.

brainbomb

#3793 Post by brainbomb » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:05 pm

Sabi if youd like some compliments here you go
you want to win, you want to win very very hard

I see alot of my own playstyle in yours

you are a new talent to the site and I hope you keep improving

you want to be heard

you talk alot and put in alot of effort

youre great at scum
you are great at doing things which most scum cant do like dominate a thread, bury peoples cases, interrupt friuitful dialogues

and you may just yet end up being town and catching scum in the process

as for you as a person I know next to nothing about you other than you are good at being scum and you bested me in epic fashion in a prior game.

I have not seen anything that would indicate so far that you are on my team or that you are town

BusinessLamp

#3794 Post by BusinessLamp » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:05 pm

no don’t sub guggug =[

President Eden

#3795 Post by President Eden » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:05 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:03 pm
President Eden wrote:
ghug wrote:

Fuck you, man.

when you very explicitly played up the victim card last time you were mafia in the exact same pattern as now

and when you have totally refused to engage with my reasons why I believe you’re promoting a mafia agenda

and when you have initiated and escalated any personal attacks between either of us this game

you can’t turn around and expect me to believe you’re acting in good faith :lol:

just not ever going to happen

BusinessLamp

#3796 Post by BusinessLamp » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:05 pm

Eden is gonna die in like two nights or so anyway

worcej

#3797 Post by worcej » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:07 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:04 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

Jamie and Sabi.

BusinessLamp

#3798 Post by BusinessLamp » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:10 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:04 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

literally exactly what worcej said lol. Jamie or Sabi.

worcej

#3799 Post by worcej » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:10 pm

I'm also beginning to think Maniac is the MK target for scum...

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3800 Post by Chaqa » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:11 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:03 pm
President Eden wrote:
ghug wrote:

Fuck you, man.

This seems like an egregious overreaction and I can't follow your progression on this whatsoever.

#SwingTheSubs though