M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2681 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:53 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:05 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:51 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:15 am

I mean I had pretty well defined opinions on my reads going into the EoD and explained my thought process throughout. Given I continued that pressure through the night and into today where I've been voting him since the first hour of the day, how do you reconcile your argument with my reads during D1, my N1&D2 posts, and my current vote? It's not like I was one of the many voters who had rushed onto Kak without an explanation. I gave a clear definition of my preference list and then gave the only real in-depth explanation of why I thought Kak's return post was scummy. It was wrong in hindsight but at the time it made plenty of sense given the reaction of contemporaries to it before the flip.
Yes, that is all reasonable. Or, you could be bussing celaph, which I would expect 1 or 2 mafia to be doing if he is scum.
Why would scum!me bother "saving him" or avoid voting him as you have been arguing if my plan was to shade and bus him this entire time? Like it seems like it doesn't matter to you what my position was on Celaph or what Celaph's alignment is when it comes to your scum read on me and instead you'll ad hoc your way to maintain the scum read no matter the facts. Care to explain why?
I would assume it was not your plan D1. There are no facts that point to you being town, or mafia, but I still find your D1 suspicious. Maybe it is the way you tried to undermine snowy's scum read of you.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2682 Post by ghug » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:54 am

President Eden wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:28 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:27 am
@eden can you explain bozo in a serious manner beyond this 65-70% bs?
it’s completely serious, I’ve said it several times today.
Why'd you ignore my question about Rivera and worcej though?

BesharamSabi

#2683 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:54 am

President Eden wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:10 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:37 am
Why is sabi tier 1?
kind of hardcore doubt they actually go to all the trouble of spreadsheeting like this if they’re mafia. concededly there’s no reason they can’t have, but in my mind it’s a very low probability.

and I think they have been trying to solve the game in their own way. as we’ve seen in the past, their way is unfortunately easily replicated as mafia. but I think it’s genuine.

— — —
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:53 am
Moreover. What changed ghug from your town core to tier 3?
he’s been very peripheral today, lots of “engagement” in the somewhat hollow sense of talking back and forth with people about the game, a few claimed reads here and there, but I don’t really get the bigger picture of how he sees the game, which matters more to me as the game progresses.

that said I’m sure he’ll be around to help out with that soon… right? …right?
Chaqa wrote:
What has pyxxy done to warrant tier 2?
oh I just liked this post enough to move him out of null for now. looked engaged and thinking about the game harder than I reckon brand new mafia does. kind of like how once you finally did the work on your EOD1 play I thought “he probably doesn’t actually bother to do this as mafia.” but both of you could, so you’re only tier 2.
Chaqa wrote:
Are you completely disagreeing with the connections between celaph and Bozo and Lamp?
no, amusingly. I’m still working out what I think about Lamp’s EOD1 + N1. I think he’s been pretty townie otherwise so I want some more time to sort out the other people. in particular, if celaph is actually town (unlikely in my view, but possible) then I think a lot of the basis for worrying about Lamp goes away.
as for the theory, the issue is that Bozo is more likely town than not, so the theory is likely flawed. but as independent starting points it’s pretty decent.
Chaqa wrote:
How is Bozo tier 2?
he’s like 65-70% town
Chaqa wrote:
This whole list is the kind of thing you would put me through the ringer for and use as a gotcha if I posted it.
don’t be so dramatic
Chaqa wrote:
First post of yours all game I’ve found outright scummy
well that’s just a bad take, what you mean to say is you don’t agree with it.

— — —
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:56 am
Can you explain your Tier 2 to me? I can see where you’re coming from with placements most elsewhere but almost your entire Tier 2 seems baffling to me. Bozo to me should be at the bottom of tier 3. Blamp around the middle, and Chaqa probably at the top. Pyxxy is more of a toss up to me.
I think I covered all of these above in some form or fashion but feel free to ask more.
Just like diplomacy, I view that game differently than most. I also view mafia differently.

Anyway I suck at this Game but. I'm trying my best.

TheFlyingBoat

#2684 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:55 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:52 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

Yes, that is all reasonable. Or, you could be bussing celaph, which I would expect 1 or 2 mafia to be doing if he is scum.
Why would scum!me bother "saving him" or avoid voting him as you have been arguing if my plan was to shade and bus him this entire time? Like it seems like it doesn't matter to you what my position was on Celaph or what Celaph's alignment is when it comes to your scum read on me and instead you'll ad hoc your way to maintain the scum read no matter the facts. Care to explain why?
Save yesterday, decide to bus overnight.
That would be the most birdbrained play ever. Surely I hope y'all don't think I'm that stupid

bozotheclown

#2685 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:55 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:15 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:01 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:56 am

Can you explain your Tier 2 to me? I can see where you're coming from with placements most elsewhere but almost your entire Tier 2 seems baffling to me. Bozo to me should be at the bottom of tier 3. Blamp around the middle, and Chaqa probably at the top. Pyxxy is more of a toss up to me.
I'm very confused by this list.

And also your list???
I found Chaqa's posts today to make a lot of sense and even where I disagreed I thought the motivations behind them were townie whereas before a lot of my scum read was based on him arguing in bad faith and seeming to have non townie motivations behind his argumentation. Blamp and bozo look bad for the way they disappeared around SoN which is cause for suspicion as initially brought up by Snowy. Combine that with Blamp's EoD as pointed out by Chaqa and bozo's highly suspect argumentation for someone like him and it becomes hard to place them as high as Eden does. I'm not full on scum reading blamp yet, he's more middle of the pack as I said, but I do not think it makes any sense to town read bozo here
Have you ever used not posting at the start of a night as a basis to suspect anyone before?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2686 Post by ghug » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:56 am

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:51 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:50 am
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:50 am

0%
It's amazing how you constructed a precisely equally bad take.
You’re also scum, so it’s whatever.
What brought me from "hasn't obvtowned yet" to scum?

BesharamSabi

#2687 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:56 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:55 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

And also your list???
I found Chaqa's posts today to make a lot of sense and even where I disagreed I thought the motivations behind them were townie whereas before a lot of my scum read was based on him arguing in bad faith and seeming to have non townie motivations behind his argumentation. Blamp and bozo look bad for the way they disappeared around SoN which is cause for suspicion as initially brought up by Snowy. Combine that with Blamp's EoD as pointed out by Chaqa and bozo's highly suspect argumentation for someone like him and it becomes hard to place them as high as Eden does. I'm not full on scum reading blamp yet, he's more middle of the pack as I said, but I do not think it makes any sense to town read bozo here
Have you ever used not posting at the start of a night as a basis to suspect anyone before?
Shots fired

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2688 Post by ghug » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:59 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
ghug wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

That would be the most birdbrained play ever. Surely I hope y'all don't think I'm that stupid
One of the reasons day one is so great for information is that scum haven't talked to each other yet. Unless you're Jamie, it makes bussing more challenging emotionally.

I just don't like how you keep saying you'd be playing exactly a certain way if you were scum. There are too many unknowns for those hypotheticals to be useful unless you are scum.

President Eden

#2689 Post by President Eden » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:59 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:54 am
President Eden wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:28 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:27 am
@eden can you explain bozo in a serious manner beyond this 65-70% bs?
it’s completely serious, I’ve said it several times today.
Why’d you ignore my question about Rivera and worcej though?
my hourly rate for answering questions is tree fiddy and your balance ran out.

you can get credit toward that balance by addressing this - I know I didn’t explicitly address it to you, but I do wanna hear from you:
he’s been very peripheral today, lots of “engagement” in the somewhat hollow sense of talking back and forth with people about the game, a few claimed reads here and there, but I don’t really get the bigger picture of how he sees the game, which matters more to me as the game progresses.

that said I’m sure he’ll be around to help out with that soon… right? …right?

President Eden

#2690 Post by President Eden » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:59 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:59 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
ghug wrote:

That would be the most birdbrained play ever. Surely I hope y’all don’t think I’m that stupid
One of the reasons day one is so great for information is that scum haven’t talked to each other yet. Unless you’re Jamie, it makes bussing more challenging emotionally.

I just don’t like how you keep saying you’d be playing exactly a certain way if you were scum. There are too many unknowns for those hypotheticals to be useful unless you are scum.
this is good stuff tho I tell ya hwat

TheFlyingBoat

#2691 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:00 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:53 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

I would assume it was not your plan D1. There are no facts that point to you being town, or mafia, but I still find your D1 suspicious. Maybe it is the way you tried to undermine snowy's scum read of you.
Undermining Snowy's scum read of me? Large parts of it seemed to based on his claim I was ignoring him when it clearly wasn't the case as I pointed out from a quantitative case and Eden pointed out from a qualitative one. I clearly wasn't ignoring or trying to save Celaph either given my posts. What makes you think my D1 is scummy based on your own opinions and reads besides snowy in sandbagging mode?

President Eden

#2692 Post by President Eden » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:02 am

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:45 am
President Eden wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:39 am
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:38 am

You have the subtlety of a stampede, but I get it.
you could learn a thing or two
You think I’m literally the only person who understood what you’re saying? You can’t make those kinds of comments at all. I’m not gonna pretend you didn’t do it when sure as hell everyone else saw it.
imagine knowing what’s going on and choosing this line of response

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2693 Post by ghug » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:04 am

President Eden wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:02 am
Chaqa wrote:
President Eden wrote:

You think I’m literally the only person who understood what you’re saying? You can’t make those kinds of comments at all. I’m not gonna pretend you didn’t do it when sure as hell everyone else saw it.
Imagine both of y'all openly discussing PR reads in the thread.

TheFlyingBoat

#2694 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:05 am

bozotheclown wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

And also your list???
I believe I mentioned off handedly once or twice certain people who I already scum read going off to the scum chat when they didn't post soon after EoD as a 80% joke/20% serious thing but I don't think I've ever used it as heavily as I have here. Snowy's post convinced me to look at it a little more given it felt like one of the less sandbaggy or at least sandbaggy with a bigger nugget of truth embedded inside (given he kinda backed away from the actual conclusion itself pretty loudly while encouraging the rest of us to put the blatant two and two together for him).

President Eden

#2695 Post by President Eden » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:07 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
ghug wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

Why would scum!me bother “saving him” or avoid voting him as you have been arguing if my plan was to shade and bus him this entire time? Like it seems like it doesn’t matter to you what my position was on Celaph or what Celaph’s alignment is when it comes to your scum read on me and instead you’ll ad hoc your way to maintain the scum read no matter the facts. Care to explain why?
That would be the most birdbrained play ever. Surely I hope y’all don’t think I’m that stupid
birdbrained play, or the result of town forcing action on mafia? the thing about playing mafia sided is that sometimes town just gets organized early and puts the full court press on and forces your hand.

IF you were mafia with celaph… IF… you had basically no choice whatsoever about your teammate going up. the instinctive reaction by mafia would be to save your teammate if you could and bus him if you couldn’t. unfortunately people love killing Kak no matter what I say, so there’s your chance to save your teammate. upon further review in team chat overnight you realize celaph is basically a dead man walking, what else can you do but bus?

you can act like if you were mafia you’d be some god tier big brain who would do something genius, and that’s great and you’re certainly smart enough for that to be true, but in all reality you’d be flying by the seat of your boat like everybody else that ever rolls scum.

BesharamSabi

#2696 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:07 am

President Eden wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
President Eden wrote:

Yall know we can read this right

President Eden

#2697 Post by President Eden » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:07 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:04 am
President Eden wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

Imagine both of y’all openly discussing PR reads in the thread.
h-he started it!

President Eden

#2698 Post by President Eden » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:08 am

bozotheclown wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

I’m very confused by this list.

And also your list???
I found Chaqa’s posts today to make a lot of sense and even where I disagreed I thought the motivations behind them were townie whereas before a lot of my scum read was based on him arguing in bad faith and seeming to have non townie motivations behind his argumentation. Blamp and bozo look bad for the way they disappeared around SoN which is cause for suspicion as initially brought up by Snowy. Combine that with Blamp’s EoD as pointed out by Chaqa and bozo’s highly suspect argumentation for someone like him and it becomes hard to place them as high as Eden does. I’m not full on scum reading blamp yet, he’s more middle of the pack as I said, but I do not think it makes any sense to town read bozo here
TIER 1 TOWN

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2699 Post by ghug » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:10 am

President Eden wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:07 am
ghug wrote:
President Eden wrote:

h-he started it!
I mean you had a read you couldn't otherwise substantiate and it was so weird that like four separate people asked you about it.

President Eden

#2700 Post by President Eden » Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:12 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:10 am
President Eden wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 4:07 am
ghug wrote:

h-he started it!
I mean you had a read you couldn’t otherwise substantiate and it was so weird that like four separate people asked you about it.
who do you even think is mafia and why did EOD1 happen the way it did in light of that