M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2361 Post by ghug » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:15 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:38 am
## vote celaph
The page of posts leading up to this pushed you *towards* scumreading him?

worcej

#2362 Post by worcej » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:17 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:26 pm
##vote celaph

##end

it's inevitable can we save 24 hours please?
Is it inevitable? So far it seems like there are a wide variety of scum reads other than celaph and there are several people who town him...

Granted - I am still missing D1/N1 in my knowledge base.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2363 Post by ghug » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:18 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:33 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:57 am
continues throwing a tantrum until there’s a wagon on manic or damo
Maniac I didn't see a reason to vote, but Damo I could join. But it would be better if you join Chaqa's wagon.
I'm liking lamp rn. ##VOTE Chaqa

brainbomb

#2364 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:20 pm

What has given you the idea that I am capable of saving town!celaph and I am shirking or half assing my town responsibility to follow through on it? I would have to convince at least 5 voters that my other scumreads are better than their own. I have produced a weak case on pyxxy which nobody really cared about, and beyond that I know snowy was after TFB alot and snowy died so TFB seems like a decent cw.

of my other scumreads everyone just keeps telling me no so ive just decided to focus on the ones that are possible that I feel strongly about.

Im not a convincing person and I never have been. people usually just think my ideas are wild theories with no validity and they prefer their own gut instincts and reasoning over mine

worcej

#2365 Post by worcej » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:20 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:35 pm
@damo

sabi claimed vt day one under minimal pressure and said just kill me then so people can actuall scum hunt

I noticed you are listing players you think are vt’s and you did not include sabi

is there any constructive reason why youd be advertising who you think is a vt?
Wait, can I know ask why isn't sabi pinging more people's scum vibes?

Will dig for context.

brainbomb

#2366 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:22 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:20 pm
brainbomb wrote:
@damo

sabi claimed vt day one under minimal pressure and said just kill me then so people can actuall scum hunt

I noticed you are listing players you think are vt’s and you did not include sabi

Will dig for context.
ive never stopped scumreading sabi
everything theyve done has been scummy and self serving if not actually harmful and shading to everyone. sabi is insanely opportunistic and very chaotic evil but nobody wants to listen to me or blamp or the others who keep presenting reason after reason why

worcej

#2367 Post by worcej » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:23 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:52 pm
President Eden wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:37 pm
like at a minimum you should certainly be able to fill out Column B there given your positions in the game. you aren’t gonna convince me that you had this mega brain trap set up that you were so excited to spring and then spent the next 2 days not thinking about what it means.

column A sure maybe not so much yet. but you have time. use it
Haven’t really had time to sit at a pc and think it over yet. I wound up playing HOI4 most of last night. Maybe over lunch
I fucking wish I could have more free time to play games with you.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2368 Post by ghug » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:23 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:07 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:53 am
@chaqa, @eden, @brain, @bozo: I think you all noted my difference in behavior, what do you make of celaph’s
Several games ago (somewhere in the 60s I believe) I was scum with celaph, kgray, and Macca (and maybe someone else). Celaph was performing similarly poorly early on and kgray and I had to put in some serious work delaying his death. He improved somewhat as we coached a little in the mafia chat.

Reminds me of that. I think he’s been coached
a) he was still scummy af that game
b) what is even scummy about him this game? He wasn't around much D1, so if you want to say low activity celaph=scum celaph, I guess you have the basis of an argument, but killing solely on activity is bad, and when he has participated he's been the analytical celaph I'm used to.

brainbomb

#2369 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:23 pm

ive added sabi to my ignore list so I dont have to keep seeing every post anymore and the game is so much more enjoyable. it shows me when they post and I can choose to see what it is. And I have no interest in reading their scumming in plain sight.

worcej

#2370 Post by worcej » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:25 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:20 pm
damo is town. I am fairly sure of it. Its mostly attitude read here but damo seems way to annoyed to be scum. Scum is winning currently and I dont think damo is playing comfortable like someone who is winning
Not sure how you get an mindset read on damo, especially annoyance on a scum team 'winning' when it's only D2...

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HONK!]

#2371 Post by ghug » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:25 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:44 pm
Returning to the game, do we assume Brainbomb's roleblock claim is legit since nobody else has claimed it? Or could it be a ruse?

BesharamSabi

#2372 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:26 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:23 pm
ive added sabi to my ignore list so I dont have to keep seeing every post anymore and the game is so much more enjoyable. it shows me when they post and I can choose to see what it is. And I have no interest in reading their scumming in plain sight.
Forum Muting players is against the rules of the game.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2373 Post by ghug » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:27 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:54 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:46 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:38 pm

Oh I did, but you’re saying you’re voting me for:
1. Not doing anything pro town (which I strongly disagree with)
2. Being arrogant like snowy (which I don’t think is completely unfair, but using this as a point when arrogance is usually town indicative is silly)

This seems pretty lazy and, in your words, not pro town
Why I'm voting for you :

The eod thing
The beginning of day stuff irt roleblock
You and Maniac weird connection
Your pattern of announcing afks

Don't act obtuse.
I actually think this part was towny as it was a legit way to see who'd react (including borks like me who hadn't noticed Bob's unusual rule, but also possibly other reactions).
Your reaction was bad for town, though, and it was a very predictable outcome since most of us appear to have been unaware of the rule.

BesharamSabi

#2374 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:27 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:22 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:20 pm
brainbomb wrote:
@damo

Will dig for context.
ive never stopped scumreading sabi
everything theyve done has been scummy and self serving if not actually harmful and shading to everyone. sabi is insanely opportunistic and very chaotic evil but nobody wants to listen to me or blamp or the others who keep presenting reason after reason why
That's me. You're right brainbomb. Everyone else townreading me is wrong except you and blamp and Jamiet :^)

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2375 Post by ghug » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:27 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:00 pm
Damo is probably scum also. He seems super lurky.
Inclined to agree with Jimmit here

BesharamSabi

#2376 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:28 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:26 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:23 pm
Forum Muting players is against the rules of the game.
Players who have site-wide muted other players must unmute them to participate in this game.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2377 Post by pyxxy » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:29 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:07 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:44 pm
rather than spam the game with every posy pyxxy gave a +1 too here are three in particular that im curious what they liked from these posts and why they selectively picked these
You should probably start with doing this instead of what you did :P
I think brain meant to attach them but just forgot :'(

Just caught up on the thread and I was excited to finally get some attention besides a few pats on the head and "oh what a good newbie town you are" especially from one as lauded as bb
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:12 pm
I think the fact celaph wasnt killed by Joat indicates that the Joat doesnt beleive celaph is scum. which is interesting and obviously joat dont react to this but if there is a PR on the fence about a particular consensus read should that give us pause or do we just think the Joat is justified in saving their kill for a later time? I feel like flipping celaph via joat kill was probably a decent play here and unless celaph is the joat maybe we should prop up a viable counter wagon which can actaully make this day interesting

I propose we make the counter wagons from pyxxy, flyingboat, and one of our absentee players worcej or rdrivera

discuss
I prefer we not use today to hammer celaph
+1 to the idea that JOAT maybe should have shot celaph

+0.5 to the idea of not hammering celaph, in that I think we've done a good job of getting that done right away here in D2 and now we're progressing to other conversations naturally

+0.5 to getting another wagon going, boat seems like a fine choice to drive again
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:22 pm
pyxxy is very concerned about the ease of which their +1 behaviors can be seen
It's just a pain to view them en mass, as you are undoubtably experiencing while combing through mine B) I thought Eden had some way to view them all at once.
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:19 pm
to me it felt like pyxxy trying to fit in without having to engage
:shock:
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:14 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:11 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:06 pm

Scumlean me more. Chaqa, as member of kouncil, should have known better when he knew this set up was different
in what scenario does it work as a scum play? say scum purposely roleblocked like, me or pyxxy for optimal chance that we’d make a mistake as PR and claim to be roleblocked since we are newer. If it works and a PR is outed, Chaqa gets insta-eliminated by the vote, and the PR is likely doc saved or something. It’s not a good trade for scum, imo. So I don’t think the motivation is as simple as you seem to
never underestimate scums ability to out a PR and then feign ignorance. Ive done it before. Ive PR claimed as scum to bait a counter claim and then I retracted and just acted like I was trying to protect the real PR
:shock: :shock:
celaph wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:52 am
In other news, Pyxxy is town core. Having been the main cw yesterday and given the talk surrounding me, there is no reason to ever assume that mafia would kill me there. They'd be fools for doing so. The fact that this was not immediately and intuitively obvious shows a complete lack of scum thought on his front. This also matches well with his earlier comments trying to figure things out and his evident lack of experience.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
worcej wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:48 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:44 pm
Returning to the game, do we assume Brainbomb's roleblock claim is legit since nobody else has claimed it? Or could it be a ruse?
It's BB - assume chaos at all times.
Ah...
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:32 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:33 am
:shock:

If a flipper picks VT, does their win condition change? I.e. does picking VT/a town role as the flipper mean that now you win if town wins? Or do you still just win if mafia wins?
No, the only thing affected by the Flipper's choice is what role/alignment their body appears to be if they die. It effectively allows them to pick a fake role reveal on death. They don't actually assume that role.
Thank you!
celaph wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:18 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:00 pm
Damn disappointing that Snowy was gone, especially given he didn't get to get into normal hard carry Snowy mode. Him and Durga were the two primary reasons I joined this game and Durga dropped :(

Anyways Celaph managed to avoid posting at all during the night so I'm feeling pretty comfortable voting ##VOTE Celaph here.
Given my lack of posting it you could say that your reasons for voting have not changed, but to phrase it as I "managed to avoid posting" is a blatant mischaracterization. I'm never an active night poster.
Noted! Bona and Chaqa +1'd this which means absolutely nothing so I would love if an experienced player could confirm this about Celaph.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2378 Post by ghug » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:30 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:00 pm

disagree. im actually a bit more wary of the people who hardcore latch onto it as suspicious. Eye emoji
Scumlean me more. Chaqa, as member of kouncil, should have known better when he knew this set up was different
in what scenario does it work as a scum play? say scum purposely roleblocked like, me or pyxxy for optimal chance that we’d make a mistake as PR and claim to be roleblocked since we are newer. If it works and a PR is outed, Chaqa gets insta-eliminated by the vote, and the PR is likely doc saved or something. It’s not a good trade for scum, imo. So I don’t think the motivation is as simple as you seem to
Except that there's clearly enough doubt about his intentions.

He's done this before, toe the PR hunting line and play it off as something else when called out.

BesharamSabi

#2379 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:31 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:30 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

Except that there's clearly enough doubt about his intentions.

He's done this before, toe the PR hunting line and play it off as something else when called out.
I don't get why people think Chaqa is too dumb to make a play like this. Chaqa is very smart and he knew what he was doing.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2380 Post by ghug » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:33 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:37 pm
anyway let me force myself to be productive and end my morning tirade lol

in sum:

maniac and sabi are scum probs

whoever is town of damo/ghug/bozo need to pick up their play

celaph is still a decent option but like I don’t want this day to be a foregone conclusion that celaph is leaving.

rdr and worcej need to produce as much content as possible plz
How am I in a bucket with damo and bozo? What the fuck, man.