M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
President Eden

Re: M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2041 Post by President Eden » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:56 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:49 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:45 am
celaph wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:44 am
Off to eat dinner and bake a tart for my PI. Be back to finish catching up later tonight.
Private investigator?
Pledge instructor?

Is celaph in a frat?
Prime Inquisitor.

sadly for him I am incorruptable and will not succumb to his delectable bribes.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2042 Post by pyxxy » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:01 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
ghug wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:43 am

its strange because my mind is tired and this game is making me feel old and im very bored all at the same time. so if we kill celaph at least were into a new phase with new ideas
Like this answer
I don't. Why do you like it?
ghug wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:41 am
I find brain's "look how great and towny celaph is but also y'all can kill him I won't argue" schtick very strange.
I think ghug is saying that he finds brain's newer post as still in the same vein of strange as he felt about the prior one. Not that he likes the post.

Bonatogether

#2043 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:03 am

celaph wrote:
Off to eat dinner and bake a tart for my PI. Be back to finish catching up later tonight.
aren't pis already similar to tarts? :?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2044 Post by Chaqa » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:04 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:55 am
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:45 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:41 pm
chaqa is one of the most sophisticated and capable scum players ive ever seen. And I have seen him use at least 4 different scum
metas that are completely unalike.

So I am always worried about a chaqa on the loose. I feel sort of alright bout him currently and I could see him being town here. his deterministic attitude is more aggressive and pushes far into a scum meta he probably would have a very hard time maintaining. it is not like when he was scum with kgray at all.
For some perspective on this -

I don't really understand the concept of "a town meta" or "a scum meta" or "trying out a new meta"

Every game is different. Regardless of alignment, I approach every game and current situation in whatever way I think will best serve my win condition. This applies to even the types of things I will do. So when people say "don't do X is it's so scummy" or "Y behavior is scummy/anti-town/[insert insult here]" I don't really think that's anything except lazy, because there is always a reason to do something that might be valid, it's not always visible from an outside perspective.

TLDR meta isn't a real thing for me, though other players (like Sabi or HR) seem to like to force themselves into a certain style of play, which just seems fake and suspicious in general.
That tl;dr

In what ways is my style of play fake and sus > : (
You literally spent two games forming a meta of being bad just so it would pay off as mafia.

Do you hear yourself

BesharamSabi

#2045 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:08 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:20 am
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:33 pm
That was... surprisingly less content for such a massive vote swing. Strange, and worth pondering

I will concede that wagonomics do not favor celaph based upon read, but neither does that mean TFB is not scum

In fact pretty sure TFB went out of his way to save celaph and never voted him despite being a viable counterwagon, if that sways any of ye "celaph is scum" bandwagoners
Celaph looked like town at EoD to my eyes. My gut is saying the Kak wagon arose to save boat, who's done nothing to seem town, but I'll have to look closer.
Ghug did you ever have a closer look at boatman yet?

BesharamSabi

#2046 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:09 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:04 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

I don't really understand the concept of "a town meta" or "a scum meta" or "trying out a new meta"

Every game is different. Regardless of alignment, I approach every game and current situation in whatever way I think will best serve my win condition. This applies to even the types of things I will do. So when people say "don't do X is it's so scummy" or "Y behavior is scummy/anti-town/[insert insult here]" I don't really think that's anything except lazy, because there is always a reason to do something that might be valid, it's not always visible from an outside perspective.

TLDR meta isn't a real thing for me, though other players (like Sabi or HR) seem to like to force themselves into a certain style of play, which just seems fake and suspicious in general.
That tl;dr

You literally spent two games forming a meta of being bad just so it would pay off as mafia.

Do you hear yourself
It was 4 games but yes you're right.

New game, new Sabi

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2047 Post by pyxxy » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:12 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:04 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

That tl;dr

Do you hear yourself
clucking stops abruptly and a brief scratching of pencil on paper can be heard, as if a chicken is taking notes somehow, before clucking resumes

TheFlyingBoat

#2048 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:19 am

President Eden wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:56 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
ghug wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:45 am

Private investigator?
Pledge instructor?

Is celaph in a frat?
Prime Inquisitor.

sadly for him I am incorruptable and will not succumb to his delectable bribes.
Pretty sure Celaph is just lame and in a lab with some lame professor instead of hanging out with us

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2049 Post by ghug » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:25 am

pyxxy wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:01 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
ghug wrote:

Like this answer
I don't. Why do you like it?
ghug wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:41 am
I find brain's "look how great and towny celaph is but also y'all can kill him I won't argue" schtick very strange.
I think ghug is saying that he finds brain's newer post as still in the same vein of strange as he felt about the prior one. Not that he likes the post.
No, I liked it. Admittedly suboptimal play is a town thing.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2050 Post by ghug » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:26 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:08 am
ghug wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:33 pm
That was... surprisingly less content for such a massive vote swing. Strange, and worth pondering

I will concede that wagonomics do not favor celaph based upon read, but neither does that mean TFB is not scum

In fact pretty sure TFB went out of his way to save celaph and never voted him despite being a viable counterwagon, if that sways any of ye "celaph is scum" bandwagoners
Celaph looked like town at EoD to my eyes. My gut is saying the Kak wagon arose to save boat, who's done nothing to seem town, but I'll have to look closer.
No, and I don't intend to. I intend to look at the wagons around EoD, and I suspect they implicate boatman.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2051 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:31 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:35 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:26 pm
##Call GM is Rdrivera still in the game? I didn't see an update.
I tried asking him on discord which was apparently the wrong place. Currently he is not subbed out but he may be soon.
Well, seems Bob decided to let me stay on the game so I am back.

And I will ##vote Chaqa so I don't risk not voting again.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2052 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:35 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:00 am
I was unclear on what a simp was so I looked it up on urban dictionary
a word that everyone overuses w/out the correct definition. it means a guy that is overly desperate for women, especially if she is a bad person, or has expressed her disinterest in him whom which he continues to obsess over. They're usually just virgins that will accept coochie from anyone regardless of who they are. respec waman ≠ simpery.
A: "dude, Vanessa keeps saying no when I ask her out. Shes all "stop asking me out, I barely know you and this has become more of an obsession than a friendship"... Isn't she so smart? "
B: "shut the fuck up simp"

I am on the same boat as you, I don't have a clue on what they are talking about.

President Eden

#2053 Post by President Eden » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:36 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:26 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:08 am
ghug wrote:

Celaph looked like town at EoD to my eyes. My gut is saying the Kak wagon arose to save boat, who’s done nothing to seem town, but I’ll have to look closer.
No, and I don’t intend to. I intend to look at the wagons around EoD, and I suspect they implicate boatman.
if celaph is town then they do pretty heavily IMO.

very sure the mafia swung Kak to save someone that day. a lot of people came out of the woodwork at the end to swing Kak, and none of them had voiced meaningful prior suspicions or engaged with arguments about why Kak was town.

President Eden

#2054 Post by President Eden » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:37 am

to be honest they could implicate Boat anyway even if celaph is mafia.

but point being, I think somebody got saved at Kak’s expense.

BesharamSabi

#2055 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:37 am

So far eden simped FOR me during night one 8-)

I got the sauce.

Bonatogether

#2056 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:38 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:37 am

I got the sauce.
post link to your thing again

President Eden

#2057 Post by President Eden » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:40 am

BesharamSabi wrote:

I got the sauce.
you were too busy building the spreadsheet to talk, so your normal astronomically high amount of gossiping about others came down to Earth. 8-)

BesharamSabi

#2058 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:43 am

pyxxy wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:43 am
pyxxy wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:35 am
damo666 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:25 am
Imagine that. We hit the flipper first day. 8-)

[Well, there's a chance]
Oh actually I meant to ask this in my town!bona post, are there any situations where Kak is/was actually scum? I've read all the role explanations and searched their powers on the internet but it's still my first game so I'm getting a little confused between "flipper" and "flipped town" etc etc
President Eden wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:34 am
• kill celaph. after that kill Maniac if celaph flips mafia as I anticipate. hopefully by then bozo will have proven himself. if not kill him too.
yay I finally understand what flip means

please, no one rush to answer my other question about kak's role
BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:00 am
I love spending a lot of time on this project and then told I faked it and still scum :^)

Anyway it's midnight so I need to sleep. Talk to yall in d2
In all fairness, if one merely had to sink a few hours into a (legitimately!) clever spreadsheet in order to get instant town cred that will last at least a few days, I would expect more people to do so.

But perhaps I don't have the context for just how innovative this spreadsheet is :shock: so like this isn't meant to be a critique or anything.
President Eden wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:34 am
unclear how much time I will have to commit to the game for the rest of the night phase. so have an absurdly early EoN post.

• brainbomb, Bona, ghug, Sabi all town. do not kill. and if you are among those four please do your best to work through any interpersonal disputes, because you’re all going to be needed if we’re going to win, and I may not be around to slap some sense into y’all.
• Boat is close to making this list, don’t let him coast. Chaqa and snowy seem ok, but neither of them have escaped their mafia range IMO. still lean town but monitor them more closely. Demon is also probably town.
• kill celaph. after that kill Maniac if celaph flips mafia as I anticipate. hopefully by then bozo will have proven himself. if not kill him too.
• want to put Lamp in town pile but can’t rationalize it yet. damo too but less so. though I may randomly remember some reason why.
• rest are nulls, which is more notable in the case of Jamie, but the rest are lowposters.

and in honor of detective ray, if I die kill ghug

goodnight
Goodnight!

Put another way, you're sus on:
- celaph
- maniac
- bozo (with noted caveat)

which puts you one sus short of the four mafia in the game

and you're null on:
- Jamie
- worcej (who said no time to post until Day "3", just in case anyone missed that)
- pyxxy (myself)
- rdrivera2005

Out of the nulls, who do you currently think is the most likely to be the (theoretically) fourth and final mafia?

--------

okay I wrote that sentence and was about to publish but now I feel like it makes it sound like I'm trying to inception everyone into thinking those three are probably mafia, that's not my intention, this is purely a question for Eden
Apologies pyxxy for missing this.

I like this post of yours a lot.

In regards to spreadsheet, AFAIK no one has decided to track people's interactions before at least on webdip.

I decided to do this to help me understand the game better.

But you're right, someone could fake it. But we know me and how lazy/busy I am lol.

BesharamSabi

#2059 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:44 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:38 am
BesharamSabi wrote:

I got the sauce.
post link to your thing again
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=drivesdk

BesharamSabi

#2060 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:44 am

President Eden wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:40 am
BesharamSabi wrote:

I got the sauce.
you were too busy building the spreadsheet to talk, so your normal astronomically high amount of gossiping about others came down to Earth. 8-)
Whatever you say simp.