M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
TheFlyingBoat

Re: M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#961 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:46 pm

Maniac wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:58 am
Some thoughts

Rdriveria - doing carnival gets him a pass for d1 I suppose
Damo - says he fell for bozo’s ruse and has contributed nothing so far. Hasn’t come under any pressure. I’d happily vote Damo.
Macca - flooded house gets him a D1 pass - hope everything is being sorted Macca.
Pyxxy - one posts that makes them look engaged and then very little follow up. I’d happily vote Pyxis today.
Bozo - unusually quiet. Hasn’t received any pressure. I’d happily vote Bozo today.
Celaph - I won’t vote Celaph today.
Chaqa - would vote for Celaph which makes me want to kill him now. Would more than happily vote Chaqa today.
Jamie - I’d be eggstatic to vote for Jamie today and any other day.
Snowy. Ghug and TFB - if push came to shove I’d vote for one of these.
I’d need a lot of convincing to vote for sabi, demon or Kakarroto.
President Eden is now off my kill list for now. ##unvote Eden

Rest are null.
Why aren't you willing to vote Celaph? I haven't seen anything that would make me town core them

snowy801

#962 Post by snowy801 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:46 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:45 pm
Just so I’m clear, end of day is in 4 hours?

I’m signed up to play a video call game starting at 2 EST, idk if I’ll be able to pay attention
It's ok sheep me now then show back up at 10 minutes to for my flash wagon

TheFlyingBoat

#963 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:48 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:01 am
President Eden wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:51 am
simp

what are “the right questions” that Boat asked?
Once again I view boatman as a little brother so gross.

Right questions as in/

Why doesn't town!Sabi try pushing bozo here if they scum read him instead of sheeping ghug?
This plus your posted read suggests to me you're thinking about this game more seriously than I gave you credit for. I wish you would post more of your reads organically rather than being forced into it. I lean town on you now.

snowy801

#964 Post by snowy801 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:49 pm

wow he really does show up exactly when mentioned

fascinating

TheFlyingBoat

#965 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:50 pm

Maniac wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:29 am
@chaqa and Ghug. Oh come on! Iso Celaph. They advise us that chickens eat carrots, politely stands up for Autists without attacking people, sees the best in Jamie and expresses concern for Macca’s situation. Sure they haven’t done anything to help town win the game, but we just can’t daykill them today and anyone trying to (looking at you Chaqa) is a monster.
Wait what?

BusinessLamp

#966 Post by BusinessLamp » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:52 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:09 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:26 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:26 am

I like this callout froom Sabi
what do you like about it
That they’re thinking about the game
this answer feels like it lacks consistency with the severity of this read:
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:57 am

Blamp's phone thing is sus as hell. Vote him out.
"thinking about the game" doesnt have same tone as like "points out basis for my alleged very strong scum read"

Jamiet99uk

#967 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:52 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:41 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:57 pm
More the former than the latter. I think of the players I have an opinion on, my scumleans are currently Sabi, Chaqa, Ghug, DemonRHK. I think that you, Brainbomb, and Maniac seem town. Bozo possibly town too but less sure.
sorry to be particular but… how much more
It's exactly 64.27% the former compared to 35.73% the latter.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

TheFlyingBoat

#968 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:52 pm

Maniac wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:54 pm
I'm going to say it. Macca subbing out is Town alignment indicative. Scum Macca would take the free pass for a couple of days. Town Macca knows they can't help town for a couple of days so wants someone to sub in that can be active.
Seems a little WIFOMy but hey it makes more sense than the chicken eating carrots thing

TheFlyingBoat

#969 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:53 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:55 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:14 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:10 pm
my challenge to you is to take yourself out of all of your posts. focus on how you feel about certain posts and stop telling the world how you feel about OGI, and meta gaming, and issues where players are worthy of bad behavior policy kills and just simplify the way you play. Just talk about the content and stop with the martyrdom stuff
I ALWAYS DO MARTYRDOM. Go back to all six of my games and heck even among us when I'm crew or imposter, it's my go to response when I'm pressured. Its what I do. If I stop doing martyrdom people will scum read that too lol.
my request for you (and everyone) is similar to brain. please dont try to actively match your meta, just scumhunt to the best of your ability. if you're genuinely helping out and people scumread you because of past behavior, that's on them and they deserve to lose if they're wrong imo.

so can you plz commit to not worrying about your meta this game? <3
Prior reads plus this make think blamp is town.

BusinessLamp

#970 Post by BusinessLamp » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:53 pm

i'll ##vote chaqa

hop on friends

Jamiet99uk

#971 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:55 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:53 pm
i'll ##vote chaqa

hop on friends
SQUAWK!

##Vote Chaqa.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

snowy801

#972 Post by snowy801 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:58 pm

An interesting sequence

TheFlyingBoat

#973 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:59 pm

celaph wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:01 pm
Snowy was bad, now good. Initial focus on Kak was artificial, but his current posting style around reminds me of the time we miskilled him because he didn't explain his scumread on ghug well. He's calling out worthwhile points, but giving no thought to why they are worth while.

Sabi has transitioned from deir defeatist attitude into just asking what others think of specific people. This both helps town a more and is also far more likely to be faked. Might switch if they turn the questions into something useful, but otherwise I fear scum here.

PE, BB, and ghug are all town on the day. No change to the scum on Blamp.

I've liked the arguments put forth by BB regarding TFB. To add my 2 cents, the following is a question you ask not because you particularly care about the answer, but rather because you think of it as the type of question that town should ask.
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:45 pm
Continuing with the catch up, ignoring the effects of snowy trolling you in your view, how has your read of Sabi evolved and why given their posts after you called them out?
I think snowy went from meh to meh in a different way, but sure.

I think that's unfair as Sabi, when heavily pressured, did post some of their own original analysis. Could it be faked? Possibly, but I refuse to believe that I'm getting punked for a second time. If I am and Sabi fools me twice in a row in games I am with them in I might have to take a break for a couple months from mafia.

Why is ghug clear town you? I don't think he's done much bad, but nothing he's done suggests anything outside of him scum meta imo

I also like the thought process behind BB's points in terms of AI even though I think the actual process is flawed and the conclusion is incorrect. I don't give you the same credit because you're just regurgitating it. There is a clear purpose behind the question and the answer will help me make my reads as players involved and targeted by the question move through the game.

Jamiet99uk

#974 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:00 pm

celaph
Kakarroto
worcej
pyxxy
rdrivera2005

Remember that Bob has sensibly re-instated the "Must Vote" rule despite the meddling of the Council, so you will need to vote.

snowy801

#975 Post by snowy801 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:01 pm

TFB did you ever answer pyxxy's question about kak vs rhk

TheFlyingBoat

#976 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:03 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:41 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:09 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:05 am
But I am making note about Maniac posting wordle as a way to be hard to read in iso.

It's subtle and kinda smart.
Do you actually believe this is a scum-motivated tactic? How does Maniac posting wordle in the sign up thread affect this?
He posted it both in the game thread and sign up.

If you post non webdip emojis, it fills up the whole screen with one emoji each. Makes it difficult to read on iso on the bot.
Sure but with Maniac posting comparatively infrequently he remains among the easier people to iso. After scrolling through his posts a couple times to check logic and understand him I'm convinced it isn't that bad. Certainly easier to process than trying to iso people with like 500 posts in prior games.

TheFlyingBoat

#977 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:03 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:51 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:41 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:09 pm

Do you actually believe this is a scum-motivated tactic? How does Maniac posting wordle in the sign up thread affect this?
He posted it both in the game thread and sign up.

If you post non webdip emojis, it fills up the whole screen with one emoji each. Makes it difficult to read on iso on the bot.
right, my quesiton is about you saying it's subtle and smart. that implies you think it's a scum tactic. do you?

i bring up the sign up thread because that seems to me to be a counter-point to it being a scum tactic
Great point

TheFlyingBoat

#978 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:09 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:20 pm
i miss kgray
Same :cry: pls come back I promise no dox :cry:

TheFlyingBoat

#979 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:19 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:16 pm
President Eden wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:51 pm
Bona, brain, Chaqa, and Jamie:

Are y’all voting Sabi because:
(1) you think they’re the most likely person to be mafia in this game?
-or-
(2) you think they could flip mafia and you view their presence as generally anti-town?

This is very important. So important I even started capitalizing the first letters of my sentences again. Very Important !
I think Sabi is mafia, mostly because of a lack of sincerity or effort.

I would also vote celaph, who is probably also mafia, but I am willing to give him a day or two to see if the IRL excuses are valid.

Demon is contributing a bit more but is also on my radar.
Can you explain why you think they're insincere or lack effort? I honestly don't see it

BesharamSabi

#980 Post by BesharamSabi » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:28 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:38 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:35 pm
I guess I should announce to everyone every single thing I do in this game because apparently I can’t keep the things in doing in the background hidden.

Do we count m63 of him typing day one comments in hard to read colors as a joke?
allow me to offer some perhaps unwanted advice on this front:

as much as you have to sort the alignments of 18 other people
if you’re town, you have 14 teammates who have to sort yours

keeping things “hidden in the background” is certainly fine if you think it’s going to improve your ability to sort the alignments of 18 other people. but if you’re town it’s going to hurt the chances of your 14 teammates sorting yours. and frankly I find in mafia that it’s both easier and more effective to help your team solve the game by making yourself unimpeachably town than it is to leave yourself ambiguous in the hopes that it’ll more likely catch mafia.
Fair.

This is what I'm trying to do (because stuff like this makes sense in my head). I will finish it up during night one and once we figure out the alignment of D1 kill.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p=drivesdk

Stuff like this makes sense in my head to see patterns and what not. I was tracking this stuff down without numbers but I think numbers makes it more concrete.

Tracking mentions/replies/quotes

If it's a bad strategy oh whale, I need concrete stuff.