M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#901 Post by ghug » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:30 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:27 pm
ghug wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:22 pm
Ok, where I'm at is that I have concerns about Eden, snowy, and celaph, but I'm willing to give them a day.

Of the relevant people, I don't feel like killing lamp or Sabi. I'd be OK with RHK, boat, Kak.

Sadly, I think Maniac is probably right about Maccej, and he's pretty easy to read regardless. I'd be fine getting like Jamie or ##VOTE bozo too.
What are your concerns about eden, snowy, and celaph
I've talked about Eden. Celaph feels lukewarm and has a high ratio of empty questions to concrete analysis. Snowy's opinions are meh.

brainbomb

#902 Post by brainbomb » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:30 pm

the reason why nobody takes your sabiquestions seriously is because no one believes you actually care what the answers are. its all busy work

BesharamSabi

#903 Post by BesharamSabi » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:31 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:27 pm
can you quanitfy these vibes and show posts which give off vibes in this game. do you have logs from the among us games where your vibe reads are explained and you could show us where you successfully found someone to be giving town vibes and you ended up being right.

When you say vibes all I picture is Matthew McConaughey giving us the surfs up

we need better explanations than shit someone does in among us games. the fact that for every answer you give its another way to avoid this game, this game thread, and THIS SITUATION — is bewildering
You in m71: play whatever style you want don't let them bully you into changing how you play

Also you now: play this way

I have explained that nothing super concrete happens in day one. I can start collecting concrete after day one. Day one is the honeymoon phase where everyone keeps themselves polished and what not. The exhaustion and apathy hasn't kicked in yet so the mask hasn't slipped yet.

Also the only non vibes part I got is bozo making jokes. I'm currently rereading his before game m70 day ones to see how often he makes jokes and correlating it with his alignment.

President Eden

#904 Post by President Eden » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:35 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:52 pm
celaph wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:26 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:39 pm

Eden wouldn’t forget stuff like that esp because brainbomb rant about drawing and wincons made him have to make a decision. Hmmm eden seems off.
Which alignment do you seem him lying as though? Because I don’t see why scum Eden would make such an obvious lie. At best he gets some weak town credit for being too weird to be scum.
Idk but it just doesn’t seem eden like to forget this detail.
gonna highlight this again because this entire exchange makes me feel like I’m taking crazy pills.

in fact let me post the entire thing as individual messages in chronological order. please note the timestamps.
celaph wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:35 am
President Eden wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:57 pm
slight sus on brainbomb […]
brainbomb: when was the last time you played mafia-sided in any meta (not just webdip)? […]
BB last played in M71. You were also there for half a day and were also active in the GT for that game. I find it weird that you would have forgotten, but don’t see why you would make this post as either alignment if you remembered.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Eden wouldn’t forget stuff like that esp because brainbomb rant about drawing and wincons made him have to make a decision. Hmmm eden seems off.
President Eden wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:45 pm
“mafia-sided” specifically meaning rolling mafia. last time I remember for brain was M63 which was over a year ago. his intro looked to me like that of someone who hadn’t played mafia (the faction) in a while, a bit rusty. but that doesn’t work if he’s played mafia-side recently on other sites. hence I gave him a bit of a softball question to see what he would do with it. and it seems to me that ignoring it and acting like nothing interesting happened is not the play he would make as town lol.
** note that I clarify exactly what I mean 3 hours later. this goes totally unacknowledged by celaph. Chaqa also chimes in to clarify the same at some point. then basically a whole calendar day later…
celaph wrote:
Which alignment do you seem him lying as though? Because I don’t see why scum Eden would make such an obvious lie. At best he gets some weak town credit for being too weird to be scum.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Idk but it just doesn’t seem eden like to forget this detail.
…they just pick up like nothing even happened lol. I genuinely had to go check my own ISO to make sure that I didn’t hallucinate an answer.

it’s just off for a couple reasons to me:
(1) I felt like my original question was actually pretty straightforward and not something that should be misinterpreted in the way celaph did. I very specifically clarified “any meta” and “mafia-sided.” but like shit happens so not gonna harp on this too much it’s just weird. but apparently that type of misinterpretation is slightly mafia indicative for celaph so noted anyway.
(2) I definitely think my clarification should clear it all up. yet celaph and Sabi still go on like it didn’t even happen. it’s like neither of them actually care about the point very much and/or aren’t reading at all. sadly this is NAI for Sabi but it’s certainly not for celaph.

BesharamSabi

#905 Post by BesharamSabi » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:35 pm

I guess I should announce to everyone every single thing I do in this game because apparently I can't keep the things in doing in the background hidden.

Do we count m63 of him typing day one comments in hard to read colors as a joke?

President Eden

#906 Post by President Eden » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:38 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:35 pm
I guess I should announce to everyone every single thing I do in this game because apparently I can’t keep the things in doing in the background hidden.

Do we count m63 of him typing day one comments in hard to read colors as a joke?
allow me to offer some perhaps unwanted advice on this front:

as much as you have to sort the alignments of 18 other people
if you’re town, you have 14 teammates who have to sort yours

keeping things “hidden in the background” is certainly fine if you think it’s going to improve your ability to sort the alignments of 18 other people. but if you’re town it’s going to hurt the chances of your 14 teammates sorting yours. and frankly I find in mafia that it’s both easier and more effective to help your team solve the game by making yourself unimpeachably town than it is to leave yourself ambiguous in the hopes that it’ll more likely catch mafia.

BesharamSabi

#907 Post by BesharamSabi » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:42 pm

In m58 bozo makes non serious toned voice.

He was revealed to be the witch/mafia adjacent.

Bonatogether

#908 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:44 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:35 am
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:36 pm
President Eden wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:07 pm
hardclaim cop
investigated snowy n0, he is town
goodnight sweet prince

I think we should no lunch, it’s strictly optimal play because ipsum lorem blablabla

##VOTE Jamiet99uk because he uses normal mode, bozo proved one time* that normal mode users are mafia
Eden is scum because town Eden would be much more serious than this right off the bat, providing a seven page treatise on why brainbomb is town or scum based off his first post, with citations and precedent.

##Vote Eden
gut says this is fake, a weirdly overly-justified-but-still-joke vote
incorrect, this is a chaqa shitpost

BesharamSabi

#909 Post by BesharamSabi » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:46 pm

On the other hand m55 he has a less serious tone of voice/unbozo way of posting in day one (but not to the degree he has been doing this game) and was VT.

Bonatogether

#910 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:47 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:31 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:07 am
pyxxy wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:36 am

I feel obligated to respond to this and curry good favor :3 it's a shame that I checked in right after Demon mentioned low posters...

I'm focused on observing what D1 looks like and getting a feel for all you characters. Imo that makes me equally likely to be town or scum, because none of you (including Sabi) know anything about how I play mafia (besides having normie average player tells, probably).

Is Businesslamp's phone story....a thing? I.e. have scum made up fairly elaborate lies about not being able to post in the past?
this thought is more likely for scum to have. town don't (shouldn't) think about their PR, and i don't think you're an especially image conscious person from what i know, so this is SAI
disagree with this point. but i am a very image conscious person lol
then dont be LOL

Bonatogether

#911 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:48 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
celaph wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

Eden wouldn't forget stuff like that esp because brainbomb rant about drawing and wincons made him have to make a decision. Hmmm eden seems off.
Which alignment do you seem him lying as though? Because I don't see why scum Eden would make such an obvious lie. At best he gets some weak town credit for being too weird to be scum.
Idk but it just doesn't seem eden like to forget this detail.
if you can't draw a line between eden being scum and eden making the post you can't claim it's SAI

bozotheclown

#912 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:52 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:36 am
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:57 am
Notes from catchup:

Good contributions from Eden and brain. I get town vibes from some of the long form interactions and Eden's general prodding.

I would like to see more from Snowy and ghug.

Blamp's phone thing is sus as hell. Vote him out.

Some input from Rivera.

Kak, Demon, and Jamie are not contributing anything of substance and instead posting random bullshit. Update: Kak made an interesting post, but I think he's kinda trying too hard. Keeping an eye on you.

Sabi is not contributing in a constructive way, but is at least posting somewhat relevant things as opposed to absolute nonsense. That said, I can't see a town mindset for most of it, so I think Sabi is a solid vote. Sabi pushing on/pointing out Blamp makes me think both are not scum together.

Celaph is scummy because he isn't reading like he normally would.

Pyxxy showed up. Not bad entry, more needed.
I feel obligated to respond to this and curry good favor :3 it's a shame that I checked in right after Demon mentioned low posters...

I'm focused on observing what D1 looks like and getting a feel for all you characters. Imo that makes me equally likely to be town or scum, because none of you (including Sabi) know anything about how I play mafia (besides having normie average player tells, probably).

Is Businesslamp's phone story....a thing? I.e. have scum made up fairly elaborate lies about not being able to post in the past?
I can't think of any example where scum has fabricated something like that.

However, what I think could be fabricated is the implication that BusinessLamp did not know the game had started:
BusinessLamp wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:51 pm
Oh shit this started

I’m kind of a wreck rn because I lost both my phone and keys while out last night and am now waking up in a friend’s apartment but let’s try and catch up bc I have nothing better to do. On my friend’s phone rn lol rip
Mafia might me motivated to look like they had not realize the game had started to explain a lack of early posting, where town might be less likely to care if anyone found it suspicious.

##VOTE BusinessLamp

BesharamSabi

#913 Post by BesharamSabi » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:53 pm

Besides the less serious tone of voice, bozo doesn't really just vote someone as their solo purpose of their comment (what I mean is without any other messages) in any of the day ones besides this one that I have read (m69-m55) which is probably NAI but it's something to make a note of since he solo voted bona without anything.

BesharamSabi

#914 Post by BesharamSabi » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:54 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:53 pm
Besides the less serious tone of voice, bozo doesn't really just vote someone as their solo purpose of their comment (what I mean is without any other messages) in any of the day ones besides this one that I have read (m69-m55) which is probably NAI but it's something to make a note of since he solo voted bona without anything.
Well this aged badly clown emoji here

bozotheclown

#915 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:56 pm

ghug wrote:
Ok, where I'm at is that I have concerns about Eden, snowy, and celaph, but I'm willing to give them a day.

Of the relevant people, I don't feel like killing lamp or Sabi. I'd be OK with RHK, boat, Kak.

Sadly, I think Maniac is probably right about Maccej, and he's pretty easy to read regardless. I'd be fine getting like Jamie or ##VOTE bozo too.
ghug is probably mafaa, I don't think town ghug would vote for me D2.

Jamiet99uk

#916 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:57 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:51 pm
Bona, brain, Chaqa, and Jamie:

Are y’all voting Sabi because:
(1) you think they’re the most likely person to be mafia in this game?
-or-
(2) you think they could flip mafia and you view their presence as generally anti-town?

This is very important. So important I even started capitalizing the first letters of my sentences again. Very Important !
More the former than the latter. I think of the players I have an opinion on, my scumleans are currently Sabi, Chaqa, Ghug, DemonRHK. I think that you, Brainbomb, and Maniac seem town. Bozo possibly town too but less sure.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Jamiet99uk

#917 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:58 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:56 pm
ghug wrote:

It's D1, Bozo.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Jamiet99uk

#918 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:59 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:57 pm
(also reminder to the room to avoid metagaming please)
Is this specifically in reference to people trying to guess whether a substitution is alignment indicative, or something else?

bozotheclown

#919 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:59 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:05 am
I have accepted I should be day killed today because knowing brainbomb he's going to tunnel me all game and won't actually scum hunt.
Do you still consider yourself the best DK today?

bozotheclown

#920 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:00 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:58 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:56 pm
ghug wrote:

It's D1, Bozo.
Not according to the GM.