M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
President Eden

Re: M73 - Fowl Play - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#341 Post by President Eden » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:07 pm

the fucking irony that that post starts a new page :lol:

Jamiet99uk

#342 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:07 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:47 pm
also let the record show that while I think Jamie was somewhat needlessly rude to Bob, his alleged “tantrum” toward Maniac is fake news, and Sabi’s continual dredging it up for no reason is anti-town.

if I didn’t think brainbomb were more likely to be mafia then I would be voting Sabi
Yes, quite so, thank you Eden.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

President Eden

#343 Post by President Eden » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:08 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:06 pm
Who is having a tantrum?

I am not having a tantrum.
😱

Jamiet99uk

#344 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:09 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:00 pm
My annoyance abiut Jamiet behavior was there since the sign up thread so this is NAI.

I even called out Jamiet and said he was ruining the vibes for this game before it started.
There there,
Never mind.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Jamiet99uk

#345 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:12 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:02 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:51 pm
Oh shit this started

I’m kind of a wreck rn because I lost both my phone and keys while out last night and am now waking up in a friend’s apartment but let’s try and catch up bc I have nothing better to do. On my friend’s phone rn lol rip
Hmmm kinda weird to log into webdip of all things on your friends phone.

Fake story or not, hopefully you had fun last night.
Interesting.

On the one hand I would commend Lamp's dedication to borrow his friend's electronic device just so he could participate.

But on the other hand apparently he was surprised, when he did that, to find that the game had begun.

Hmm.

Jamiet99uk

#346 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:13 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:04 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:48 am
Just checked my role pm.
kk I believe this I guess but still think you shouldn’t be able to post without knowing your role first
I concur.

Jamiet99uk

#347 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:15 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:09 pm
Question for the class:

If someone says they are going to be an asshole this game and make it unenjoyable for anyone and if we have a problem we should suck it, is this anti-town?
I think this is a reference to me.

I did not say that I was going to make things unenjoyable, that is a distortion of the things which I said.

Why are you tunnelling me so much?

brainbomb

#348 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:15 pm

yea I was thinking it might have been M63, which was a bit over a year ago. was wondering if you had played mafia more recently elsewhere, which would weaken my argument (that you seem like rusty mafia trying to find your footing) a bit.
Is there some reason why town bb cant measure if his emotional investment is gonna become unhealthy and do his best to check that at the door? I realize you find this convenient but the only thing convenient about it from my perspective is recognizing whether snowy is someone I may have to share threadspace with for many phases - and if the interactions between us will just be him undermining me with jokes the whole time. All of this crossed my mind. I am a highly sensistive person and I do get very annoyed at the prospect of wasting my time or being bad at something I am invested in. So to jump right into a game being jokingly mocked for being indecisive made me pause. And adjust.

[quote}
well you’d described it as “nothing interesting” so of course I got more dialed in :lol:
I felt conflicted cuz I am happy you’re back playing regularly and thus feel silly aggressively trying to push you out day 1 on something that I acknowledge doesn’t have to be mafia-indicative. but at the same time it’s what I had and I think it’s pretty good. so yea.{/quote}

Yea, abnormal behavior is a good way to hunt. Glad were both playing!
my concern was less about your intended focus/target, and more about the manner in which you approached it. which I recognize isn’t something you can actually defend against, but whatever.
What about any of my questions to Snowy did you find to be forced? And how do you feel about the answers I was given? Was there any part of you that thought that snowy had any motive at all in that interaction?
off-topic but there are civ 6 games a few nights a week in my Discord if you’re interested. I’ll get you the link or someone can if that sounds like your thing.
With being a dad and working alot, plus my dnd group my time is pretty limited but I could give it a shot. who plays in it?
I agree with this as a description of his play, but I don’t see where this is alignment-indicative; mind elaborating?
I think ghug is establishing what pings him. When he was scum last time he used flyingboat as his goto for scapegoating, I dont get that vibe here as much. In general I have a feeling like ghug is playing conversative and active. He is challenging people and has moved his vote around. These may just be shitty reasons to townread him but I feel better about him than I do most people. So he soared higher in my list.
well yea I want to play with you and throwing you out d1 isn’t really doing that :lol: but it’s business you understand
Its only business if you are scum and know my exact alignment as town. Otherwise your so called business is better phrased as you trusting your gut. it is a gross misrepresentation to present your hunches as town business

Jamiet99uk

#349 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:17 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:23 pm
Hello fellow chickens and some bad people.

Well, this game started in a pretty bad time for me. It's carnival here.

Haven't read anything yet. Hope to have more time later.
How long does the carnival last?

What costume are you wearing?

brainbomb

#350 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:19 pm

Howdy Jamie,
Seen any fun concerts lately?

brainbomb

#351 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:26 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:12 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
BusinessLamp wrote:
Oh shit this started

I’m kind of a wreck rn because I lost both my phone and keys while out last night and am now waking up in a friend’s apartment but let’s try and catch up bc I have nothing better to do. On my friend’s phone rn lol rip

Interesting.

On the one hand I would commend Lamp's dedication to borrow his friend's electronic device just so he could participate.

But on the other hand apparently he was surprised, when he did that, to find that the game had begun.

Hmm.

I find the entire story to be questionable. He appears to be seemingly aware of 12 pages of content enough to know which shit posters overdid it, and which shitposters are will within their shitposting ranges by alignment. He focused exclusively only on speaking with Sabi for some reason. And reiterating what you pointed out was if he didnt know the game was this weekend why was he desperate to log into his friends phone to check the game.

brainbomb

#352 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:28 pm

Also I am troubled by the using a friends phone deniability clause because it excludes the player from checking in on discord scum chat and joining it. Which is a whole other bag of worms, presumably bob sent out scum role PM's which shows the whole scumteam in the eventt someone didnt have a way to hop into discord at game start. But this is probably covered in signup thread or in opening post since this has been an issue in M71 iirc. Or really since we converted off Quicktopic

brainbomb

#353 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:30 pm

kay, so yea the sample scum role PMs do tell the whole team.

You are a VEGAN CHICKEN (GODFATHER)!
You have escaped from the vegan chicken farms, where vegan chicken is harvested. You’re composed primarily of pea protein, and are not technically living, so the marketing is… probably true.
During the day you must vote for a player. The player reaching a majority will be killed at the end of the day (Or upon a majority of remaining players voting to end the day early against the same player).
You scan as INNOCENT to the COP.
You win when all members of the town are eliminated or nothing can prevent this from happening. You have access to a discord for discussion with your teammates, at night ONLY. Your teammates are <SCUM TEAM> and your discord may be found at <LINK>

Go ahead and disregard my deniability clause conundrum statement.

BesharamSabi

#354 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:32 pm

President Eden wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:00 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:32 pm
Hmm time to look at Jamiet post in iso:

He only had 2 semi game related post and one correcting someone. 27 of his other posts were spam or harassing Maniac.
well, that’s just not true, as I counted seven posts just on a half-assed skim that were directly engaging with the game, frankly all of which did so at a higher level than you.

you are just outright ignoring what you don’t want to see and distorting what you do see into what you want to see.

to elaborate on that second point,
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:32 pm
This is his response to me:

http://webdiplomacy.net/contrib/phpBB3/ ... 80#p289780

He even admits to trying to make this game unenjoyable for others. So yes I’m going to bring it up.
literally where in that post. reproducing in post so that people following along can see what I mean:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:08 am
How ironic that you of all people would say this.

My goal is to do whatever I like because apparently being an asshole is encouraged in this game. Maniac was an asshole last time, and everyone thinks that was just fine. I’ll do what I like this game, and you can all suck on it.
he says he’s “going to do whatever [he] like[s],” and “what [he] like[s] this game.” nothing in there about making the game unenjoyable for others. you have literally supplied that out of thin air because you, personally, don’t like the way he is approaching the game.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:08 am
Atleast while I am “causing drama” I’m still trying to scum hunt. Even tho Jamiet is being an ass, I am not voting for him. If you think I’m ruining the game the vote for me.
I have no idea what to do with this post because if you’re not just mafia and bullshitting me here then this is a striking condemnation of your understanding of how scumhunting works.

you are just vaguely aping things other people have said and blatantly distorting what has been said by people you don’t like and slapping “town” and “anti-town” onto “things I like” and “things I dislike” respectively. there is no objective process, no theoretical underpinning behind why certain behaviors might come from town or mafia, no effort to engage with what people are doing beyond a surface level acknowledgment that it is happening. which I guess is sadly par for the course for webdip towns.

especially knowing that you spent multiple town games actively fostering an image of being new town just to exploit that image as mafia, what exactly am I meant to do with this performance except just assume you’re mafia doing it again and kill you?
I know I said I was going to be productive this morning but I'm drinking coffee and waiting for my Vyvanse to kick in so I can go do my errands. Time for my response:

"My goal is to do whatever I like because apparently being an asshole is encouraged in this game. "

This is not me trying to distort things. It is not a reach for me to say he came into this game being an asshole when his first 10 posts are being asshole esque. If he came into this game being nice I would not be" apeing" on him. He came into this game the way he did is what annoyed me.

If you are worried about how I am scum hunting, I actually have made a spread sheet (crossing out my notes for obvious reasons) so again don't tell me I don't know what I am doing.

https://ibb.co/nkFQqDR

Lastly I have been engaged with this game and have been commenting and questioning others posts. You can say what toy want about my engagement in this game but I am putting in effort.

Anyway I dunno why I'm arguing about this you thought I cheated on wordle last night so like lol.

snowy801

#355 Post by snowy801 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:32 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:16 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:13 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:09 pm
Question for the class:

If someone says they are going to be an asshole this game and make it unenjoyable for anyone and if we have a problem we should suck it, is this anti-town?

Question for the Teacher:

I thought we were here to find the bad guys
Question for the parent of the class:

Apparently according to eden it's anti town to point out Jamiet is making the game unenjoyable so I'm just carrying that message on.

I don't think Jamiet is scum (maybe less than 50% he is)
I'm with Eden on this one tbh get over yourself
If a problem persists bob will deal with it

BesharamSabi

#356 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:34 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:12 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
BusinessLamp wrote:
Oh shit this started

Interesting.

Hmm.
It is sus to think hm in going to log in on a forum of an online board game I don't play even tho I'm surprised the game started. Webdip is probably the last thing I would check in on if I was in his shoes even if a game was happening.

Anyway I also noted his stanning of eden which is worrying that he is trying to buddy eden. Eden enjoys his ego getting stroked so he's going to fall for it.

President Eden

#357 Post by President Eden » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:34 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:28 pm
Also I am troubled by the using a friends phone deniability clause because it excludes the player from checking in on discord scum chat and joining it. Which is a whole other bag of worms, presumably bob sent out scum role PM’s which shows the whole scumteam in the eventt someone didnt have a way to hop into discord at game start. But this is probably covered in signup thread or in opening post since this has been an issue in M71 iirc. Or really since we converted off Quicktopic
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:30 pm
kay, so yea the sample scum role PMs do tell the whole team.

You are a VEGAN CHICKEN (GODFATHER)!
You have escaped from the vegan chicken farms, where vegan chicken is harvested. You’re composed primarily of pea protein, and are not technically living, so the marketing is… probably true.
During the day you must vote for a player. The player reaching a majority will be killed at the end of the day (Or upon a majority of remaining players voting to end the day early against the same player).
You scan as INNOCENT to the COP.
You win when all members of the town are eliminated or nothing can prevent this from happening. You have access to a discord for discussion with your teammates, at night ONLY. Your teammates are <SCUM TEAM> and your discord may be found at <LINK>

Go ahead and disregard my deniability clause conundrum statement.
powerful posts, good enough 4 me

##UNVOTE brainbomb

brainbomb

#358 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:36 pm

really of all the posts of mine to use as a reason to move a vote off of me you choose the one thing I could just fake?

brainbomb

#359 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:37 pm

this is why Russia invaded Ukraine clearly

snowy801

#360 Post by snowy801 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:37 pm

##vote TheFlyingEpicPoggersLightningMemeMan