M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2601 Post by Vecna » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:10 pm

##vote Celaph

Not a big fan of RHK, Ghug, and I guess not damo after all either (although I doubt he's scum with RHK). Kgray, Bozo and Durga were pretty unmemorable as well in the few bits and pieces ive seen.

Im pretty sure I have a fluffy pillow-cloud of townreads somewhere stored in my brain.

Im also wondering if I should be suspicious about the Chaqa RB thing, but even though he loves stupid shenanigans, I think he knows too well not too put himself in the limelight with those, because we've come to expect them off of him. It indeed smells a little like someone tried to frame him or they have some weird reason to think he might be a PR.

If Chaqa was scum he wouldnt allow himself to be roleblocked, but he'd volunteer someone else for it. File under dangerous deductions.

Jamiet99uk

#2602 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:15 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:12 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:58 am
Maniac wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:27 am

So the things I found interesting was Bozos avoidance of contractions, sometimes avoiding them twice in one sentence. Kgray’s avoidance coupled with avoiding g a name also piqued my interest as does Damo’s comment about not being likely to change his vote.

So scum team is Bozo, Bob, Damo, Jamie and Kgray

You’re all welcome
Surely it should be "were Bozo's lack of..." ?

In a long bloviating waste-of-space post about grammar you might at least get your own grammar right.

Your post is utter nonce sense which, as usual, demonstrates that you're an arsehole who thinks he's clever.
Noting this down for when I check these two later. I kinda feel like these two might be scum together, but I'm not sure if there's anything else to back it other than me scumreading both of them.
You scumread me?
You scumread ME?
I am a scumread for you?

Why, and for what reasons?
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Bonatogether

#2603 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:17 pm

celaph wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:54 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:33 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:27 am
Okay, it's time to have some Actual Content TM and Non-Reactionary Ideas (C)!
Since apparently nobody liked Question Time.

Blamp is towncore, I doubt a new player, even one with this much survivor experience, would be this towny and, more importantly, coherent and self-consistent as scum.
This is terrible reasoning. I don't think it is entirely fair to say that blamp is inexperienced and that the survivor doesn't translate over, because clearly blamp is acting like a reasonably experienced player, so saying that he can't be scum is really just not true. Blamp is towny but nowhere near towncore or even a strong townread because we don't know how he'd be playing this as scum
I agree that we can't say how he'd play as scum, but we can still easily comment on whether his actions seem to benefit town, which I think they absolutely have. He has been sharing his opinions, starting wagons, defending people he townreads. That's why he merits a townread.
That's not the point. The point is him being competent is not in and of itself worthy of a townread due to his newness, and his newness is a reason to be more skittish on the townreads with blamp

Jamiet99uk

#2604 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:18 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:20 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:15 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:19 am

He is in MY towncore. That is a group of people I will not vote for barring a scan or cc or something major like that.
I don't like this. Rdr has done nothing nearly good enough to land himself in anyone's towncore. Sure he's been mostly consistent with how he normally plays, but that shouldn't be enough to put him in towncore.
I did one thing. I claimed 100% confirmed vanilla town. I never lie about something serious like this. ;)
##Vote Fluminator.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

BobMcBob

#2605 Post by BobMcBob » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:19 pm

Goldfinger time!
Water problems D1, he gets a pass.
Almost immediately comes back with a huge post which restates a lot of events and not much else. There's a bunch of reads at the beginning. The post is fine. Then a post with reads later, which is also fine. Gold finger completely forgetting I was a wagon, especially after reading through all of the EoD, is rather strange. He does not update his case on HR as a result.

Then goldie starts talking about DL8 and roleblocks... He says that scum would likely be roleblocking their kill target, which throws shade on Chaqa. He also states that scum might have killed DL8 because of something he mentioned offhand in his wall post. "DL was for sure scum sniping for PRs" is a very odd thing to say, and why would you come to that conclusion? And who would've decided that DL8 was a good PR snipe except goldie? He later pulls up three posts where people mention DL8, but none of them suggest that his activity is unusual for him. Which is what goldie states they are. This whole thing feels... off. Combine this with the fact that it has been dredged up that goldie has soft-gloated like this before and it looks worse again.

If he does flip scum, I think Chaqa is pretty much as good as clear. And he also strangely shades the Fox/Vecna wagon for being predicated on stuff in the first half of D1, which could be another connection.

I expected to come out of this scumreading goldie, but darn, I didn't remember the roleblock thing being so bad. I honestly like a ##vote goldie to see if we can get a wagon going.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2606 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:20 pm

celaph wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:04 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:57 am
What do you think is the most suspicious thing in this game, celaph?
Going back and forth between Maniac's tunnel on Bob and the way that Bob has defended himself. But I think both have redeeming qualities to their play. I'm increasingly bothered by Chaqa's passivity and his flip on Bona didn't feel well justified.
What flip on Bona?

I don't think a downgrade from strong town to mild town is a flip

Bonatogether

#2607 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:21 pm

celaph wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:12 am
BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:06 am
celaph wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:04 am

Going back and forth between Maniac's tunnel on Bob and the way that Bob has defended himself. But I think both have redeeming qualities to their play. I'm increasingly bothered by Chaqa's passivity and his flip on Bona didn't feel well justified.
that’s three things
Three for the price of one. ;)
jokey celaph is more likely to be scum celaph

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2608 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:23 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:09 am
I feel like I've been slacking off today, and I don't really like the wagons, so I'm gonna take stock of my thoughts. 90% of this is for me, so read at your own peril.
-- removed for brevity
I don't think town!Ghug usually gives reads lists?

Bonatogether

#2609 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:24 pm

damo666 wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:34 am
damo666 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:40 am

An accurate one imo
he's not anywhere near towncore lmao
He is in MY towncore. That is a group of people I will not vote for barring a scan or cc or something major like that.
i think you're just wrong

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2610 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:25 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:24 am
I like the part where damo disappeared after I quoted two dead townies wanting him looked into.

That was fuckin neat.

I'mma get some sleep. If someone could come up with a reason they think I deserve votes other than:

- Bad math (of which damo is guilty)
- poor participation (Of which nearly game the damn game is doing)
- being annoying (of which...ok I am annoying but killing me for that is some bb level shit)
What time was that at? Damo is a British Boomer, maybe sleeping :D

Bonatogether

#2611 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:26 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:28 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:33 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:27 am
Okay, it's time to have some Actual Content TM and Non-Reactionary Ideas (C)!
Since apparently nobody liked Question Time.

Blamp is towncore, I doubt a new player, even one with this much survivor experience, would be this towny and, more importantly, coherent and self-consistent as scum.
This is terrible reasoning. I don't think it is entirely fair to say that blamp is inexperienced and that the survivor doesn't translate over, because clearly blamp is acting like a reasonably experienced player, so saying that he can't be scum is really just not true. Blamp is towny but nowhere near towncore or even a strong townread because we don't know how he'd be playing this as scum
Good guy bona. More like this pls
lmao fuk u

Bonatogether

#2612 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:27 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:14 am
i can’t sleep and maybe it is because I have my vote on my dear friend celaph

##unvote
Why did you make this post

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2613 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:29 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:36 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:47 am
GM Note

Please send stuff for the God thread. Tom, Eden and I are bored. We are going to start writing fanfic of yall soon. By we I mean me. Tom is busy slaving away over writing flavor in the flavor factory. Please tell Tom he's doing a good job for the flavors.

Also more karma for me plz and ty.

Carry on.

Good night. 💕
scumchat confirmed boring

##vote Bozo
Unironically based

##Vote Bozo

Bonatogether

#2614 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:30 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:08 pm
Okay, it's celaph time!
First, he missed N1 entirely, which struck me as odd, but on further searching it is not wholly unusual for celaph.
He seems to have homed in a lot on me, kgray and goldie. He has come to very few conclusions and asked a lot of questions, although that is rather standard procedure for him. He hasn't done anything obviously bad other than ignoring kgray more than expected. Slightly odd that he'd be conscious of buddying.

Honestly, I went into this read expecting (and in fact wanting) to scumread celaph more. I pulled up three of his games to try and make something out of him being inactive at night, but as it is, I can't bring myself to give him much more than a scumlean. The only thing stopping me from leaving it there is that a number of other people who know him better as scum are getting scum vibes from him, and I trust that quite a bit.
I don't see why celaph's performances at night is AI at all

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2615 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:31 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:10 pm
##vote Celaph

Not a big fan of RHK, Ghug, and I guess not damo after all either (although I doubt he's scum with RHK). Kgray, Bozo and Durga were pretty unmemorable as well in the few bits and pieces ive seen.

Im pretty sure I have a fluffy pillow-cloud of townreads somewhere stored in my brain.

Im also wondering if I should be suspicious about the Chaqa RB thing, but even though he loves stupid shenanigans, I think he knows too well not too put himself in the limelight with those, because we've come to expect them off of him. It indeed smells a little like someone tried to frame him or they have some weird reason to think he might be a PR.

If Chaqa was scum he wouldnt allow himself to be roleblocked, but he'd volunteer someone else for it. File under dangerous deductions.
So you're the one who's trying to frame me, got it

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2616 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:33 pm

I don't like the Vecna wagon.

I'm cooling on scum!Bob

Celaph seems like an OK option

But I really like ##Vote HR

BobMcBob

#2617 Post by BobMcBob » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:33 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:15 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:12 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:58 am

Surely it should be "were Bozo's lack of..." ?

In a long bloviating waste-of-space post about grammar you might at least get your own grammar right.

Your post is utter nonce sense which, as usual, demonstrates that you're an arsehole who thinks he's clever.
Noting this down for when I check these two later. I kinda feel like these two might be scum together, but I'm not sure if there's anything else to back it other than me scumreading both of them.
You scumread me?
You scumread ME?
I am a scumread for you?

Why, and for what reasons?
I have reasons floating around, and since I don't have the time or motivation to deep dive you before going to sleep:
I think that you tunneling into kill all liars mode on flum is entirely something that I would expect scum!jamie to do, even though I could see it coming from you as town. As town I might expect you to be a little bit less stubborn and aggressive too. You did this in another game not too long ago as scum.

I assigned responsibility to you for flum's death and you didn't react, in a dramatic shift from your D1 form. You have also seemed to be coasting on your townread today to some extent, with little hunting evident, and yes I did just check your posts to confirm, because apparently I don't have enough self control to not research this case now.

So what I see is a quite likely explanation of scum!Jamie tunneling on a townie D1 pretending to hunt in order to gain towncred (hence not backing down), and then cooling off D2 because he doesn't need to actively bolster his credibility and his hunting attempts might seem forced.

I think I have comprehensively failed to avoid going deep on Jamie here.

damo666

#2618 Post by damo666 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:33 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:24 pm
damo666 wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:34 am

he's not anywhere near towncore lmao
i think you're just wrong
Fair enough that's your opinion. I think I'm right.

BobMcBob

#2619 Post by BobMcBob » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:35 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:30 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:08 pm
Okay, it's celaph time!
First, he missed N1 entirely, which struck me as odd, but on further searching it is not wholly unusual for celaph.
He seems to have homed in a lot on me, kgray and goldie. He has come to very few conclusions and asked a lot of questions, although that is rather standard procedure for him. He hasn't done anything obviously bad other than ignoring kgray more than expected. Slightly odd that he'd be conscious of buddying.

Honestly, I went into this read expecting (and in fact wanting) to scumread celaph more. I pulled up three of his games to try and make something out of him being inactive at night, but as it is, I can't bring myself to give him much more than a scumlean. The only thing stopping me from leaving it there is that a number of other people who know him better as scum are getting scum vibes from him, and I trust that quite a bit.
I don't see why celaph's performances at night is AI at all
Because scumchat? But I checked previous games and concluded that it was just standard celaph, like I said.

BobMcBob

#2620 Post by BobMcBob » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:37 pm

I would do rdr but it's late and I'm tired. I will be leaving my vote on goldie overnight, but I will be up for EoD.