M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BobMcBob

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2581 Post by BobMcBob » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:08 pm

Okay, it's celaph time!
First, he missed N1 entirely, which struck me as odd, but on further searching it is not wholly unusual for celaph.
He seems to have homed in a lot on me, kgray and goldie. He has come to very few conclusions and asked a lot of questions, although that is rather standard procedure for him. He hasn't done anything obviously bad other than ignoring kgray more than expected. Slightly odd that he'd be conscious of buddying.

Honestly, I went into this read expecting (and in fact wanting) to scumread celaph more. I pulled up three of his games to try and make something out of him being inactive at night, but as it is, I can't bring myself to give him much more than a scumlean. The only thing stopping me from leaving it there is that a number of other people who know him better as scum are getting scum vibes from him, and I trust that quite a bit.

Vecna

#2582 Post by Vecna » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:08 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:10 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:43 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:45 pm

i think you've called me 'difficult to read, null' in almost every game we've played
How do you think people should be reading you here? Do you have any strong reads of your own, aside from Bob-town?
idk, but some people have been very successful at reading me in the past, so obviously there's a tell somewhere

yes
I think this only applies when you have been town, and that you skate by quite often as scum.

BobMcBob

#2583 Post by BobMcBob » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:09 pm

There is no way I'm getting three more of these done tonight lol.

Vecna

#2584 Post by Vecna » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:09 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:14 am
the only thing to come out of the ghug fake claim for me is that bob’s immediate “seems legit” feels forced. still undecided on Bob as a whole though
what did ghug fake-claim? Did the wagon on him d1 actually got enough steam that he dismantled it with a fakeclaim?

Vecna

#2585 Post by Vecna » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:13 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:44 am
Yes, I am here.

I'm fine with ##vote demon to see where that leads us. I dislike that so much of this phase has revolved around Bob, and clearly Damo doesn't garner enough interest. But my thoughts on damo haven't changed - especially since they answered everyone else's questions and ignored mine.

The celaph wagon I honestly don't know enough about to put an opinion on. They seem to be okay-ish so far to me? But I can't recollect ever playing with them. Frankly their contributions D2 have been better than boat's in my fresh eyes.

HR and ghug - you're absolutely right, I have soft-gloated before like that as scum. Good catch (wow, I have a meta!). But I'm genuinely just hunting for anyone else who made offhand remarks about DL yesterday.
Seems pretty smooth in aknowledging (good?) points made by others that would incriminate and be scary to scum, without any nervousness. Looks good on gold.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2586 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:16 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:23 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:50 am
BusinessLamp wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:14 am
i can’t sleep and maybe it is because I have my vote on my dear friend celaph

##unvote
What do you see from Celaph last posts that made you change your mind?

His last posts where so "generic" (in the lack of a better term), I can´t feel any emotion on those posts like when you are being wrongly accused of being scum.
Yeah he should've been more emotional like me, then everybody would townread him. Anyway, off to take a dig into celaph, jamie and goldie hopefully before I go to sleep. Maybe rdr too if I'm really motivated.
Well, I confess your play last day made me have a lot of doubts about you being scum. You have being doing a lot of an effort that I don´t think a caught scum will usually do.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2587 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:19 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:09 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
the only thing to come out of the ghug fake claim for me is that bob’s immediate “seems legit” feels forced. still undecided on Bob as a whole though
what did ghug fake-claim? Did the wagon on him d1 actually got enough steam that he dismantled it with a fakeclaim?
He claimed a RB. Then Chaqa claimed RB too and he withdraw. Some people think it could be a scum plot to clear Chaqa (Goldie or Bozo I think?).

Vecna

#2588 Post by Vecna » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:23 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:28 am
BusinessLamp wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:53 pm
the ghug fake claim tell means little to me because any adept scum would know the situation and thus be able to fake a reaction that’s genuine? Perhaps would be more apt to knowing that they’re eventually going to be proven right?
You can look at my scum games. I ain't that adept.

I haven't done a lot this game, true. Neither have a LOT of people. Was my math stuff trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit multiple bottles of sake in? Yea. WAs it valuble? Remains to be seen.

I think damo was much more disinterested D1 than a town damo is. I think his math he tried was wrong becuase he's not playing from a town perspective.

I like jamie's case of Vecna/Fox, and think that should be a wagon as well, but when most of the case is I am weird and not scummy, I call it as I smell it, horseshit.

It's not about wordcount alone damo. The wordcount is just an indicator you put in less work than:

- A player that subbed out.
- A player with a home emergency.
- Everyone. Literally.

damo and Vecna are both scummy. We flip one of these two as scum and the game becomes solvable. Neither have done shit and are content to let us circlejerk the celaph and bob wagons, which are likely TvT (Yes, I was scumleaning cel for D1 but not any longer).
Demon again has the agitated tone he often has as scum.

Not really liking either that his iso reveals he hasnt made any mention of fox all throughout D1 whatsoever, untill the end of N1.

Was DL very vocal about wanting to kill Damo? Because RHK instantly jumping on damo after linking the reasoning to what DL apparently was crusading fits just fine as well.

Also really wondering what Celaph did D2 to make him forget about his 2nd strongest scumread.

Wouldnt surprise me if Celaph is the GF and is being kept in a status of protect if possible and bus if nessacery.

Vecna

#2589 Post by Vecna » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:27 pm

celaph wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:29 am
BusinessLamp wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:20 pm
celaph wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:43 am
Got town Vecna vibes from Goldie's catchup.
what does this mean
There have been some games where town Vecna didn't do much D1 and then had a series of catchup posts were he touches on many of the key points from the previous pages while adding his original thought and reads to them. I say that, though I just went back and skimmed our games together and only found him doing this D2 M65 so I think I have over estimated how much he's done it.

Specifically, with regard to Goldie's post, I was liking that not only was Goldie calling out the points that he thought were important, but also providing his own comments on them.

I was rubbed the wrong way a little on his response to my corrections, but I just quickly scanned ahead to see his posts and it looks like he just hasn't placed a ton of importance on those people so I'm coming around on it being a towny response.
At least celaph started wallposting again with actual thoughts.

@Celaph when did you start doing this? Have you already done it in the large swathes of D1 or is it a recent thing as Demon claims?

Vecna

#2590 Post by Vecna » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:35 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:14 am
Vecna wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:57 pm
Havent observed Donny yet this game, but he's normally much more awkward as town and pretty convincing as scum.
Donny was the lead wagon when Vecna made this post. I find it suspicious how Vecna subtly defended Donny if he had not read anything yet.

##VOTE Vecna
I always criticize big wagons if I feel theyre based on shit reasoning. Donny was discussed on that very page, and people were citing his awkwarness as reasoning for voting him.

Vecna

#2591 Post by Vecna » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:36 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:43 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:14 am
Vecna wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:57 pm
Havent observed Donny yet this game, but he's normally much more awkward as town and pretty convincing as scum.
Donny was the lead wagon when Vecna made this post. I find it suspicious how Vecna subtly defended Donny if he had not read anything yet.

##VOTE Vecna
Like this post.
:sick:

damo666

#2592 Post by damo666 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:36 pm

Warming to Bob a bit. Nudging him to null.

Vecna

#2593 Post by Vecna » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:36 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:47 am
GM Note

Please send stuff for the God thread. Tom, Eden and I are bored. We are going to start writing fanfic of yall soon. By we I mean me. Tom is busy slaving away over writing flavor in the flavor factory. Please tell Tom he's doing a good job for the flavors.

Also more karma for me plz and ty.

Carry on.

Good night. 💕
scumchat confirmed boring

##vote Bozo

Vecna

#2594 Post by Vecna » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:46 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:54 am
Vecna wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:50 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:46 pm

I mean if you read the thread you'd know I've been scum reading your slot for about 100 pages now lol. You've done nothing to change that read.
What was the argument why fox was a good wagon anyway?
Maybe you could read my posts.

That would be one way of finding out why people scumread Foxcastle.
I had read it, but TFB has spent all of D1 just echoing your thoughts without adding anything on his own, so I wanted him to describe it himself. Which he did to a somewhat satisfying extent.

You reached the wrong conclusion, but I dont think theres much merit in just going attack-dog over it against you, since the reasoning against Fox wasnt terrible.

Vecna

#2595 Post by Vecna » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:48 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:46 am
Maniac's missing apostrophe

Maniacs missing an apostrophe

Maniacs apostrophe is missing

@Bozo can you please go check previous games and let us know if your use of contractions differs between town games and scum games.
Damo is failing the EMC quota.

Vecna

#2596 Post by Vecna » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:49 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:55 am
Jamie's in a good mood.
Its actually been so long that I forgot the EMC deduction.

Was damo scum when he was cheerfull or when he was gloomy and miserable?

Vecna

#2597 Post by Vecna » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:53 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:26 am
damo666 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:49 am
TFB omits 'at least'.
Did I do so incorrectly? I thought for a set of N objects where the objects are either in set m(afia) or set not m(afia), you are pulling n distinct items from the set of N objects, and that in the set of n pulled items there are k items that belong to the set m, the probability of pulling EXACTLY k items out of the n items you pulled from set N is P(X = k) = ((mCk)*((N-m)C(n-k)))/(NCn). Now I am very rusty at combinatorics, admittedly, so I could be wrong, but I think I am right and I definitely meant to omit at least.
Trying to score points by arguing statistics with Damo is very comparable to partaking in a Paralympic MMA event while being a gorilla.

Vecna

#2598 Post by Vecna » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:56 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:44 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:44 am
Maniac wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:27 am
“I did not have sexual relations with that woman” Bill Clinton

What’s interesting about this lie is that Bill avoids using the contraction ‘didn’t’ and also that he refers to Monica Lewinsky as ‘that woman’. Both of these are signs of lying. As with all verbal tells they aren’t 100% accurate of course but could be interesting none the less. The explanation of why people avoid contractions is because liars want to seem honest and precise. They think ‘did not’ sounds more convincing that ‘didn’t’.

So does this tell apply to mafia? I don’t know. Some people always avoid contractions and others may not have English as a first language. To really dig deep we’d have to establish what every player’s speech/typing pattern is when they’re town and then see if there is a change when they’re scum.

But just for my amusement I’ve been reading some D2 posts and picking out a few avoided contractions. Here are some examples…

HR
Bozotheclown - His not knowing what was going on at EoD in relation to Flum was not what I'd immediately associate with Bozo

Kgray
it literally does not matter, why are you asking her this now

Bonatogether
will not be posting until maybe tomorrow, maybe in like 30 minutes if im feeling bore

Goldfinger
There is a logic to wanting to roleblock your kill, even if you personally do not personally agree with it.

Bozo
I checked and there were other games since M64 you both played where you did not claim a roleblock and potentially could have

Bozo
Throwing in M56 does not change that fact you mentioned the 2 recent games where ghug did claim a roleblock.

Bozo
I did not agree with kgray's case and don't see why ghug found it "very compelling
Bozo

Being generally insulting to other players would look less like a scum ploy if you did not keep pointing out that it is something scum would not d

Bozo
Donny was the lead wagon when Vecna made this post. I find it suspicious how Vecna subtly defended Donny if he had not read anything yet

Damo
Bozo's find on Bob strengthens the case against him. I do not foresee changing my vote so #$en

Bob
M56, which you are conveniently ignoring that I also listed, did not have ghug in i
Bob

If I missed a game we were both in it was entirely due to the fact that my check was not particularly thorough

Jamie
I was not strongly scumreading either Durga or Kgray

Jamie
Can you explain what you did not like about it

So the things I found interesting was Bozos avoidance of contractions, sometimes avoiding them twice in one sentence. Kgray’s avoidance coupled with avoiding g a name also piqued my interest as does Damo’s comment about not being likely to change his vote.

So scum team is Bozo, Bob, Damo, Jamie and Kgray

You’re all welcome
This may be the most galaxy brained shit ever. The best part is if the guy gets two people right (33.3% chance (Math:((5C2)*(13C3))/(18C5))) or somehow 3 (9.10% chance Math:((5C3)*(13C2))/(18C5)) he'll be gloating forever. I love it. Is Maniac normally like this?
If any other people made a post like that I would say he just want to distract the thread, but Maniac is just Maniac.

In fact, I think most of the times he made some weird play he was town. But Bozo probably can confirm it.
I think we just have to accept that Maniac is the best use of a copscan, ever.

Vecna

#2599 Post by Vecna » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:01 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:19 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:09 pm
BusinessLamp wrote:
He claimed a RB. Then Chaqa claimed RB too and he withdraw. Some people think it could be a scum plot to clear Chaqa (Goldie or Bozo I think?).
I think it would be a pretty dumb play to RB the kill in this setup. Theyre not clearing players anyway, so why not double your odds to not get copscans?

If it was bozo id consider that strike 2 for not well thought out comments

BesharamSabi

#2600 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:09 pm

VOTE COUNT VERSION 2.06

GOOD MORNING, RISE AND SHINE LET'S GET THIS BREAD

BobMcBob: (3) Maniac, Chaqa, rdrivera2005
Vecna: (3) Jamiet99uk, TheFlyingBoat, bozotheclown
celaph: (2) Hellenic Riot, kgrey
damo666: (2) DemonRHK, BobMcBob
DemonRHK: (2) Durga, damo666
Hellenic Riot: (2) goldfinger0303, ghug
TheFlyingBoat:(1) Bonatogether
bozotheclown: (1) Vecna
Unvote: (1) BusinessLamp

Nonvoters: celaph, Donny Dude

EOD IN 10 HOURS AND 53 MINITES

Zombie worms are deep sea worms that eat the bones of a whale fall, and the microscopic males live inside the females to save themselves the trouble of searching for a mate. One female zombie worm was found with 111 males living inside her.