M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2061 Post by kgray » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:56 am

Durga wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:55 am
kgray wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:46 am
This hurts my heart to say but I think Durga is scum and I don't know that Celaph is town :cry:
I'm straight up not and I don't even know why you're scum reading me other than the not defending flum enough bs
I mean you just don't seem as sharp as normal which is kind of a pathetic way to describe it but that's how I feel

Like wanting to vote Demon because of his weird data thing but not considering why scum would bother doing that in the first place

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2062 Post by ghug » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:56 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:56 am
My thunder is really being stolen right now :cry:
What thunder is that?

Jamiet99uk

#2063 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:57 am

kgray wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:54 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:53 am
kgray wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:49 am

Vecna's slot is very scummy and I bet he relies on his reputation and OOG excuses as a way to avoid contributing no matter what his alignment... If he doesn't show up and townread me, I say we kill him.
I agree with you.

Let's kill Vecna tomorrow.

Do you agree?
deal, and if either of us die tonight Vecna is clearly conf!scum
What a scummy thing to say.

Nope.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2064 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:57 am

ghug wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:
What thunder is that?
Not my cat, thankfully

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2065 Post by kgray » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:57 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
just make your EON post "sheep kgray" and I'll townread you forever. it worked for your scumbuddy once

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2066 Post by kgray » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:57 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:57 am
kgray wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:53 am

I agree with you.

Let's kill Vecna tomorrow.

Do you agree?
deal, and if either of us die tonight Vecna is clearly conf!scum
What a scummy thing to say.

Nope.
you are low-key one of the funniest people I know :lol:

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2067 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:58 am

ghug wrote:
BobMcBob wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:45 am
ghug wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:01 pm

I don't think Bob even necessarily has to be his scumbuddy. He has an established scum meta of defending the shit out of weak townies to keep them distracting town and create confusing connections. Rivera is very plausible, as is Donny, given the timing of the Flum vote, though I lean town on Donny for other reasons.
Thank you for your kind words ghug.
Weak meaning vulnerable, not necessarily bad.
You're really not making this sound any better :razz:

Durga

#2068 Post by Durga » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:58 am

kgray wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:52 am
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:48 am
kgray wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:46 am
This hurts my heart to say but I think Durga is scum and I don't know that Celaph is town :cry:
can you elaborate before one of them nightkills you
Durga is mostly a gut feeling that I had last game but was too much of a coward (I mean good friend) to continue thinking about, but mostly I 100% believe she'd fight harder for Flum as town.

Celaph was asking more questions then giving reads and iirc that's how he plays scum, where he gives more of his own thoughts as town. Also he hasn't been buddying me as much as I was hoping for and that's not me being narcissistic, that's me wondering if he feels awkward interacting with me.

And it hurts my heart because I love both of them dearly and tbh I will still probably waver to kill them if I'm the one deciding.
Oh so *this* is how you felt when we all scum read you that one game lol - also you never even bothered responding to my rationale behind Flum

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2069 Post by ghug » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:58 am

if i die kill kgray

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2070 Post by ghug » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:59 am

ghug wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:58 am
if i die kill kgray
but sheep her if she flips town

DeathLlama8

#2071 Post by DeathLlama8 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:59 am

oh shit is it eon

Jamiet99uk

#2072 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:59 am

If I die kill Vecna, Kgray, and Ghug.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2073 Post by kgray » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:59 am

Durga wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:58 am
kgray wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:52 am
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:48 am

can you elaborate before one of them nightkills you
Durga is mostly a gut feeling that I had last game but was too much of a coward (I mean good friend) to continue thinking about, but mostly I 100% believe she'd fight harder for Flum as town.

Celaph was asking more questions then giving reads and iirc that's how he plays scum, where he gives more of his own thoughts as town. Also he hasn't been buddying me as much as I was hoping for and that's not me being narcissistic, that's me wondering if he feels awkward interacting with me.

And it hurts my heart because I love both of them dearly and tbh I will still probably waver to kill them if I'm the one deciding.
Oh so *this* is how you felt when we all scum read you that one game lol - also you never even bothered responding to my rationale behind Flum
no i did respond, i get it could just be you didn't want to fight for him if you didn't think he was fighting for himself

I think you'd have reevaluated that in the end though especially with his reads post

i'm really sorry if you're town tho. trying to be braver :-D

BobMcBob

#2074 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:59 am

Okay there is actually no chance I die with over half the game scumreading me/happy to vote me, but here I go anyway?

Demon is not great
Bozo is possibly lazy scum
Jamie is looking pretty scummy
Kgray is fine?
Damo is looking scummy but he usually does D1
Vecnas slot is bad
Blamp and bona are either amazing or I'm very prone to buddying, but blamp is still town
Maniac is fiiiine
I like DL8
TFB is fine
Chaqa is fine
Durga is possibly not fine?
Ghug certainly has some problems
Rdr is a little scummy, but that's not unusual

Nice knowing you kgray

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2075 Post by DemonRHK » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:59 am

Townreads
-----
BusinessLamp
Jamiet99uk
kgray
Bonatogether

Lightly Town-fried
-----
Durga
ghug
Hellenic Riot

Null
-----
Chaqa
DeathLlama
Donny Dude
Bozotheclown
BobMcBob
goldfinger0303
Rdrivera2005

Slight scum
-----
Fox/Vecna
TheFlyingBoat
Maniac
Celaph

Sus af
-----
damo666

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2076 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:00 am

EoN1 Reads List (Take two, because I accidentally refreshed the wrong tab and deleted my first one. That's very irritating, OperaGX.)

BobMcBob - Strong town. I considered the idea that the reason he doubled-down on his attention-grabbing behaviour was because he wasn't reading enough to note that it was being noticed; but I really struggle to see scum motivation for that either rather than looking to see how people respond to your posts - Particularly when you're a potential wagon.

Bonatogether - President of Sick Burns Club, but has done almost nothing whatsoever aside from that - And what little they have done has been almost *entirely* in regard to either TFB, Bob, or BusinessLamp, which is really really weird. The Flum vote explanation (that it would encourage a TFB wagon) is some brainbomb level 4d chess, and they're the person I can most see having switched off of Flum to avoid getting blood on their hands. Scum.

Bozotheclown - His not knowing what was going on at EoD in relation to Flum was not what I'd immediately associate with Bozo, and the fact that all his posts tonight have been perfectly reasonable and things I can find myself agreeing with is even less Bozo-like. When did Bozo become the voice of reason instead of an enigma wrapped inside a mystery, all stuffed into a robot? Slight scum.

BusinessLamp - Quite liked the way he went after Durga despite her being the person he knew most. Not afraid to change things up. Of course, Survivor is close enough to Mafia that I'd expect skills to be transferrable, but still, leaning town.

celaph - His "Like This", "Don't Like This", minimal effort posts were pretty poor. His posting during EoD to ask a bunch of questions he never followed up on whatsoever was much worse - His entire EoD just reads like someone who wanted people to know he was there but gave no shits about anything else. Strong scum.

Chaqa - Despite not doing that much, has been spiky enough at times and has also contributed to developing discussion on less considered people. Leaning town as a result.

damo666 - Null. Has done essentially nothing, except agree with me. Naturally I love that, but still, I literally cannot remember anything else about him.

DeathLlama8 - Strange style; continually trying to change the discussion to new topics rather than actually give a lot of thoughts about the current situation. I have no recollection whatsoever of how he used to play in ye olde days so I have no idea if this is consistent or not. Slight town.

DemonRHK - Data thing was terrible, but I struggle to see scum motivation for drawing attention to himself like that... But then he's also felt like he's been in a state of almost constant panic ever since (even including tonight, which is even weirder). Null.

Donny Dude - Liked everything he did up until the immediate seizing upon Flum's trust tell thing. Didn't like how bothered he got by that. Did like how well he maintained composure later on even when under pressure though, so a reasonably strong townread overall.

Durga - Anticipated more fightback against Flum being daykilled than she gave, but the explanation is reasonable there. Hasn't done enough else to get a townread though. Null.

Foxcna - Had no real opinion on Fox, though Jamie's points were decent. Vecna's done less than nothing which could be a townie expecting to be nightkilled - Particularly given he's turned up and is still doing nothing though. If this shtick continues tomorrow, worth delving more into. Null.

ghug - Don't like how willing to give a free pass to what I view as the most suspicious EoD switch (kgray's), but otherwise all very meh. Null.

goldfinger0303 - Very flattered by how almost half of his posts have been about me; but the fact that his deep analysis post completely missed Bob being the second biggest wagon was bad enough (who the hell does analysis without the bot these days? And how do you miss that on the bot?)... The fact that he hasn't revisited said analysis in any way whatsoever when this was pointed out to him makes it look very much like he decided to start with a scumread on me and then try and construct a narrative to fit that than the other way around. Scum.

Jamiet99uk - Agree with ghug that going after a lie is typical Jamie behaviour that he'd look to do as scum. Surprised he's not gone after Vecna harder tonight given his case on Fox was quite credible. Also think he's avoiding being very antagonistic which is also something I associate with scum Jamie; however given I haven't played for ages he may just have mellowed. Has he mellowed? Null

EDIT, he has gone after Vecna finally while I was writing this. Lean town now.

kgray - I do like being buddied, so that's nice. I don't like how she stayed off the Flum wagon and then was seemingly convinced to try and save him only by the late essay because I found that such an underwhelming post. Lean town overall because we vibed well over rdrivera, but that does give me some significant pause.

Maniac - Like that in his few posts he's actually gone after people and tried to contribute to discussion. Don't like that every single one of those things has been about BobMcBob and Maniac has given zero thoughts whatsoever on literally anyone else. Null.

rdrivera2005 - Still find his avoidance of the Flum wagon to be very weird. The explanation that he didn't like the voters was particularly poor given how much TFB had explained his presence there, and that damo has done so little of note that I can't possibly fathom why his presence would be a contributing factor to just about anything else. Leaning scum.

TheFlyingBoat - Very underwhelming for most of the day; seemingly only interested in discussing whatever the current main point of discussion/lowest hanging fruit was rather than driving anything new. Did like the contributions on rdrivera a bit more, and also quite liked some of his EoD analysis post - Particularly the parts about BLamp, ghug, and kgray. On the other hand, I don't like how much it hand-waved Bona away. Leaning town, but unconvinced.

Not enough townreads. Up your game peoples.

Also, going after celaph really lacks some of the oomph it would've had ten minutes ago.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2077 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:00 am

NIGHT HAS ENDED. PLEASE HOLD

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2078 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:07 am

Chp. 3

“Go make a distraction,” said Evelyn.

“I don’t think this is a very good idea,” responded Sam.

Evelyn frowned. “You saw those kids, Sam. Do you want them to starve?”

“Of course not,” he said, “But I don’t want to end up in jail either.”

“You aren’t going to end up in jail Sam. We are just taking a couple of loaves of bread.”

“We aren’t taking them Ev, we are stealing them. Big difference.”

“Listen Sam. I’m going to do this whether or not you decide to help. And unless you want me to get caught trying, I suggest you help me. Now go over there and make a distraction.”

Sam stared at her for several seconds before making a noise that can only be described as a growl, and then he turned and walked away. He reached the end of the market and dramatically flopped to the ground face first. Some folks walked by and stared, but nobody stopped. This might be more difficult than she thought.

“AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. OOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooohhhh,” groaned Sam - now writhing on the ground.

That did it. People started gathering around him, but he ignored them and continued to moan, only increasing his volume. Evelyn slipped back from the crowd and over to the stall - shelves full of fresh bread and produce. She reached the edge and in one smooth motion swept two loaves into the burlap sack, now full to the brim. She slowly walked away, whistling a tune. God, why was she whistling?

“Hey! Stop right there!” a voice shouted.

Evelyn winced but did not turn around. She tried her best to keep her same leisurely pace, but felt her steps quicken slightly.

“I’m talking to you, thief,” the voice bellowed.

Well, no use playing dumb now. Evelyn dashed forward, sprinting toward the closest alleyway. She was not the fastest person around, but she knew these streets like the back of her hand. If she could just get into the alley, she could lose her pursuers inside the web of twists and turns.

A hand reached out and grabbed her wrist. Another crashed down on her shoulder and she fell to the ground, her whole body going momentarily numb. She crashed to the ground and felt a boot slam into her ribs forcing all the air out of her lungs.

“Hey,” Sam shouted. “Stop it”

Evelyn glanced up to see him beside the guard who had stopped her. He rushed the guard, slamming his shoulder into the guard’s torso and sent him back. Evelyn tried to get up but could not regain her breath. She rose to her knees in time to see the guard return and she saw the anger in his eyes. Sam looked back, and then charged again at the guard.

“No!” Evelyn shouted, but it was too late.

The guard had drawn his sword, and by the time Sam reached him, the guard was ready. It was over in an instant. She shuddered at the noise of it. The tip of the guard's sword escaped through the back of Sam’s torso. His body was limp and leaned forward, head nearly touching the man’s chest. Evelyn felt the rage filling her body, her lungs. Her head swam with thoughts, and she swore she saw colors bleeding into her vision. Then…she pushed.

The guard flew backward and crashed into a wall. Stalls around her full of goods exploded, pieces of debris flying into the air. Sam’s body ended up across the market, droplets of blood detailing his journey. Evelyn breathed out, her vision returning.

“WITCH!” a voice yelled. “Witch! Black magic! Sorcery,” several others echoed. Bells started ringing throughout the city.

Evelyn ran as fast as she could.

----------------------------------------------------

DeathLlama8 has DIED. They were a VANILLA TOWNIE

DAY 2 HAS BEGUN. YOU MAY NOW POST

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2079 Post by ghug » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:08 am

:(

I was roleblocked

BobMcBob

#2080 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:09 am

Huh, DL8. Not quite what I expected tbh, time to get voted for killing someone who was pressuring me all of yesterday?