M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1101 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:28 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:23 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:22 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:20 pm
What was the point of this?
Why did you decide to do it; what did you hope to learn?
I work off stats and numbers. Y'all fuckin know I can't read a person for shit. It's why I'm awful early and mostly good for 1 scum mid game.

Again, I was looking for an outlier. Damo was super low activity and the worst in contib per post.
Is a high or low number what you want?
It's less about individual numbers and more about curve. Likel y I followed up, I think I fuckered you on the list TFB because a +10 should be impossible from 5th in posts.

Fluminator

#1102 Post by Fluminator » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:28 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:25 pm
Durga wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:12 pm
i think damo and tfb are good choices for today. tbh i can never really read damo but he hasn't done his usual math bs yet and keeps asserting that flum needs to die and i can't follow any reasoning behind why.

tfb feels more reactive than usual. something about him following jamie on his bizarre logic is irking me - like sure jamie is right but that doesn't make flum scummy and i expect tfb to get that
It's D1 and damo hasn't said anything and I've made it clear it's not just Flum lying about the trust tell. It's his entire behavior throughout the entire process that just reeks of anti town nonsense.
"it's not that he was lying, it's that he didn't tell the truth right away"

Is this your argument?

Jamiet99uk

#1103 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:28 pm

Durga wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:24 pm
Durga wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:16 pm

You've played enough games with Flum to know that he would do something like this as either alignment
What, make up a lie about having a town tell, and then double down when questioned, only to later completely change his claim and say he was only joking all along?

No, sorry, I'm not sure I agree with you.
Wait this situation seems reaally familiar.....

it reminds me of the time Chaqa made that stupid crumb and Eden went ham on him for it
I'm not familiar with the phrase "went ham" but I don't think Chaqa and Fluminator are all that similar in their approaches, so I'm not sure this comparison is useful.

I've not totally caught up on the posts that I've missed, but unless Fluminator gave a very good explanation of his behaviour, I'll be unlikely to change my view (so, ok, I should go and look).
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1104 Post by kgray » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:28 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:15 pm
I don't like that Rivera is still on no-kill especially after finding reasons to agree with multiple people's scumreads (especially the flum one is bothering me).

I feel like town!Chaqa would care more. He apparently hated the boatman wagon but has done nothing to counter it and I don't know who he actually scumreads, if anyone.

HR not commenting on the boatman wagon that he started but hinting he'd move to Donny is kind of yucky.
What comment are you expecting? "Omg people agree with me woop woop woop?" I had a read. People agreed with the read. Some of them followed the vote. I am perfectly content to read other people whilst pressure sits on this wagon.
So read other people then, you've only commented on donny and boatman.

Did you read of boatman change after his recent (mostly anti-Flum) activity?

TheFlyingBoat

#1105 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:29 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Durga wrote:
Oh god the math has started
You wanted me to expand, sorry the monkey's paw curled on you.
I don't think the math actually shows anything meaningful but this is hilarious

Fluminator

#1106 Post by Fluminator » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:30 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:28 pm
Fluminator wrote:
DemonRHK wrote:

I work off stats and numbers. Y'all fuckin know I can't read a person for shit. It's why I'm awful early and mostly good for 1 scum mid game.

Again, I was looking for an outlier. Damo was super low activity and the worst in contib per post.
It's less about individual numbers and more about curve. Likel y I followed up, I think I fuckered you on the list TFB because a +10 should be impossible from 5th in posts.
lmao

TheFlyingBoat

#1107 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:32 pm

Fluminator wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Durga wrote:
i think damo and tfb are good choices for today. tbh i can never really read damo but he hasn't done his usual math bs yet and keeps asserting that flum needs to die and i can't follow any reasoning behind why.

tfb feels more reactive than usual. something about him following jamie on his bizarre logic is irking me - like sure jamie is right but that doesn't make flum scummy and i expect tfb to get that
It's D1 and damo hasn't said anything and I've made it clear it's not just Flum lying about the trust tell. It's his entire behavior throughout the entire process that just reeks of anti town nonsense.

Is this your argument?
You're clearly not even attempting to engage in good faith and that's been clear for a while.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1108 Post by kgray » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:32 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:18 pm

LOL

How is -3 an outlier here?
damo misunderstanding demon's math is really funny though :lol:

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1109 Post by Hellenic Riot » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:34 pm

kgray wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:
kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:15 pm
I don't like that Rivera is still on no-kill especially after finding reasons to agree with multiple people's scumreads (especially the flum one is bothering me).

I feel like town!Chaqa would care more. He apparently hated the boatman wagon but has done nothing to counter it and I don't know who he actually scumreads, if anyone.

HR not commenting on the boatman wagon that he started but hinting he'd move to Donny is kind of yucky.
What comment are you expecting? "Omg people agree with me woop woop woop?" I had a read. People agreed with the read. Some of them followed the vote. I am perfectly content to read other people whilst pressure sits on this wagon.

I'm evaluating. I also dislike Flum changing his story under pressure rather than brushing the whole thing off as typical Flum-like trolling, so I don't detest the focus on that even if it yet again seems like Boat going after the lowest hanging fruit.

Fluminator

#1110 Post by Fluminator » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:37 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:32 pm
Fluminator wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

Is this your argument?
You're clearly not even attempting to engage in good faith and that's been clear for a while.
Everytime I push you, you say something about how "it wasn't the lie, it's the process" which I still don't understand but was trying to. I don't even understand why you think it's antitown. What has it distracted from that you wish it hadn't? I think at this point we're both pretty locked in though.

One game we'll get through day 1 without voting each other, but it is not this game :lol:

BusinessLamp

#1111 Post by BusinessLamp » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:37 pm

Durga wrote:
i think the reasoning (or at least mine conflated with his) is that Flum has been such a mess that there's likely no way he survives the game without being voted out or at least being a discussion point every day. so like why not take him out now for more clarity later? idk if i agree with it but i see the argument

Jamiet99uk

#1112 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:38 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:10 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:06 pm
At this point if Flum is town he is actively distracting the rest of town from finding scum.
Why do you think I came clean?
You're the one who isn't moving on.
Damn right I'm not moving on. I think you are scum and have so far seen nothing to change my mind (although I'm still catching up).

Admitting you "came clean" is an acknowledgement that your initial claim was a lie. Yet you have also claimed you were "not trolling".

If you were not trolling, and if you are town, then you must have had a sincere, helpful, pro-town reason for doing it. So please help us to understand. Why did you decide to make up this lie about your trust-tell? How did you think that your lies would help town catch scum?

Durga

#1113 Post by Durga » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:38 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Durga wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

What, make up a lie about having a town tell, and then double down when questioned, only to later completely change his claim and say he was only joking all along?

No, sorry, I'm not sure I agree with you.

it reminds me of the time Chaqa made that stupid crumb and Eden went ham on him for it
I'm not familiar with the phrase "went ham" but I don't think Chaqa and Fluminator are all that similar in their approaches, so I'm not sure this comparison is useful.

I've not totally caught up on the posts that I've missed, but unless Fluminator gave a very good explanation of his behaviour, I'll be unlikely to change my view (so, ok, I should go and look).
the situation being that eden was so sure because chaqa changed his story regarding his crumb that he was scum, when chaqa was town

like idk, maybe flum is scum, but i don't think your case is that strong and i don't think being finnicky over something like this is helpful - either way, i'm not shocked you're tunnelling in on it, i was just shocked tfb agreed.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1114 Post by ghug » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:39 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Fluminator wrote:
DemonRHK wrote:

Careful Flum, Demon fuckered you.

Durga

#1115 Post by Durga » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:40 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:37 pm
Durga wrote:
i think the reasoning (or at least mine conflated with his) is that Flum has been such a mess that there's likely no way he survives the game without being voted out or at least being a discussion point every day. so like why not take him out now for more clarity later? idk if i agree with it but i see the argument
where has he expressed that?

TheFlyingBoat

#1116 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:40 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:34 pm
kgray wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

I'm evaluating. I also dislike Flum changing his story under pressure rather than brushing the whole thing off as typical Flum-like trolling, so I don't detest the focus on that even if it yet again seems like Boat going after the lowest hanging fruit.
I think I answered that attack like 20 pages ago. The lowest hanging fruit at the time I went in on Flum was Fox. There was no reason for me to do research above and beyond what Jamie did to prove the point when I could have just sat on the larger wagon that had additional support from those not on the wagon at the time. Also, HR, if you think I should have been focusing elsewhere, where else do you think I should have been focusing? It's not like you made any quality posts shining your light on anything in that time, let alone on anything else.

Jamiet99uk

#1117 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:41 pm

Ok I've now read Fluminator's iso and I see no proper explanation from him, for his antics.

Therefore my read is unchanged.

I caught him lying. Initially he claimed I was mistaken and tried to argue based on semantics. Then, under continued pressure, he "came clean" and admitted he made it up. So he's a confessed liar. But he also said he wasn't trolling.

So now I'd genuinely like to know how he claims he felt he was doing something justified or useful.

TheFlyingBoat

#1118 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:42 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:38 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:10 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:06 pm
At this point if Flum is town he is actively distracting the rest of town from finding scum.
Why do you think I came clean?
You're the one who isn't moving on.
Damn right I'm not moving on. I think you are scum and have so far seen nothing to change my mind (although I'm still catching up).

Admitting you "came clean" is an acknowledgement that your initial claim was a lie. Yet you have also claimed you were "not trolling".

If you were not trolling, and if you are town, then you must have had a sincere, helpful, pro-town reason for doing it. So please help us to understand. Why did you decide to make up this lie about your trust-tell? How did you think that your lies would help town catch scum?
I've asked these questions to Flum multiple times and still have yet to get a coherent answer.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1119 Post by kgray » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:43 pm

Durga wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:38 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Durga wrote:

the situation being that eden was so sure because chaqa changed his story regarding his crumb that he was scum, when chaqa was town

like idk, maybe flum is scum, but i don't think your case is that strong and i don't think being finnicky over something like this is helpful - either way, i'm not shocked you're tunnelling in on it, i was just shocked tfb agreed.
tbf I don't think Chaqa changed his story with his crumb, I think Eden (and other misguided townies who shall remain nameless) just thought it was such a bad explanation that it couldn't be true.

I agree that if it were just the lie it'd be finicky, but it's really not. I think flum was flustered even if he says he thought it was funny - nothing I saw from him made me think he was enjoying the exchange, and the only result of it was to produce an omgus scumread on boatman. And I think town!flum would have seemed a lot more relaxed about it.

Are you shocked that I agree with them?

Fluminator

#1120 Post by Fluminator » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:45 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:34 pm
kgray wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

I don't remember changing my story. I came clean after there was noting more to gain from keeping the story up.

But I would like to point out that TFB originally voted me for lying about the trust tell, and only now after being pressured he's saying it wasn't the lie and it was actually about the process.