M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Bonatogether

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1041 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:42 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:11 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:06 pm
I don't want to kill kgray, Flum, celaph, Durga, Lamp, Maniac, Vecna, Llama, HR, bozo, or boat today. Anyone else is fair game.
Is this an unordered or ordered list?
???

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1042 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:44 pm

celaph wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:01 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:09 pm
kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:46 pm

Jamie, since you wanted to know about my opinions of your arguments last time, I think your Fox case was much stronger than this Flum one.
Why exactly?

Flum back pedalling on his claim is weird and scummy. If he said, "yeah, I am lazy didn´t check and didn´t remember saying I was town last game", I think it would be NAI. But trying to change the meaning of that post is weird and scummy. And the case on Fox isn´t that solid, is a good one for D1 but it isn´t like a confirmed scum.
I think this is the right take on Flum. Though the way you've shaded the case on Fox feels weird. There is obviously a big difference between being a solid case for D1 and conf scum and saying it isn't the latter isn't really an argument against it being the former. I saw that you earlier said that you wanted to hear more from Jamie on Fox. What are you looking for, but not seeing?
I just can´t read Fox and tend to find him scummy when he is town (look last game and look an older one when we were both PR or something that can be confirmed and scumread the hell out of the other until it was obvious we were both town), that´s why I am a bit skeptical on this. And he is now gone, which makes even harder to wagon him today.

TheFlyingBoat

#1043 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:45 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:42 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
ghug wrote:
I don't want to kill kgray, Flum, celaph, Durga, Lamp, Maniac, Vecna, Llama, HR, bozo, or boat today. Anyone else is fair game.
???
I am asking if there is an order to the list, i.e. towniest to least town in his view, most unwilling to kill to most willing to kill, least handsome to most handsome, etc. or if the list is completely unordered and is just a group of people he doesn't want to kill with no implications based on position.

BusinessLamp

#1044 Post by BusinessLamp » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:47 pm

i hate that foxcastle replaced out

is it bad etiquette to be kind of sus about the timing of it

i guess you have to take people at their word

Bonatogether

#1045 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:47 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:40 pm
screw it

##vote Durga

minor points but both the "yay me too~~~" and "Yes, I'll solve this one" post read as unnatural to me

beyond that I haven't seen any real intent to scumhunt? I think it's mostly just been defending me and Foxcastle, which is not alignment indicative and would be done in any case. There's some weak questioning in there too.
##vote bobmcbob

I'd like to know if at this point tfb, flum and Bob actually scum read me
^this post also reads poorly to me. having trouble articulating why. it feels like there's a focus on personal survival.

And then I don't like the votes she's placed on celaph or TFB, neither of which being substantiated with original thought.

Overall everything makes sense to me if being read as a mafia Durga game where her main priority is to survive alongside pals instead of actually scumhunting.

please step up so i can vote someone else thanks
saving this post

damo666

#1046 Post by damo666 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:48 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fluminator wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:35 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:30 pm

You seem to have recognized such play is bad back then and that your more mature self at that time was a better person than the one who got mad at getting teamed out in a diplomacy game for blackmailing a rulebreaker. Yet here we are almost a year and a half later and you're bringing out the trust tell again except instead of it being the pizza tell you claim it is the "I am town" tell or "im town" tell, none of which you have used before.

The point is why do you think using trust tells is now ok after thinking it was bad almost a year and a half ago? Second, if you were intentionally lying/trolling around with it, what did you hope to get and what did you get out of it in terms of information? Third, why should I believe that you were intentionally lying as town instead of blowing your trust tell as scum?
I very clearly wasn't using a trust tell.
If you are scumreading me for faking a trust tell out of the blue, why are you now implying I was using one and thus being unsportsmanlike? I can not follow any of your thought processes here.

One thing I got from this is learning you are pretty sus. You're better than "daykill all liars" and this feels like surface level scum analysis to me.
I literally said I am not in DK all liars mode earlier and I'll say it again now. That is not my motivation.

I've said this before to you, so I don't know why you keep bringing out that tired defense as though it is in any way, shape, or form responsive to the thrust of what is being said.

Here is the timeline: you claimed earlier you were using a trust tell and you never claim to be town when scum, therefore you are town. You got called out on it and then argued that it's only when you say "I am town" that you are town. You doubled down. Then after getting that facade blown up you seem to have fallen into a "lol I clearly wasn't ever using a trust tell this game, why are you so dumb?" mode, which just doesn't make any fucking sense.

My point is that in my view your behavior was clearly anti-town. There was no reason for it, it has wasted plenty of time, and unless you can tell me what the point of it was or what information you got out of it, I don't know what point or value you wanted to get out of it. I feel like the only thing I got out of it was a town read on Jamie, but I already had that from his thing on Foxcastle.
Good post.

Flum clearly has t go.

Bonatogether

#1047 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:49 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:45 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

???
I am asking if there is an order to the list, i.e. towniest to least town in his view, most unwilling to kill to most willing to kill, least handsome to most handsome, etc. or if the list is completely unordered and is just a group of people he doesn't want to kill with no implications based on position.
i know what it means, but like, no one in this game would answer that the way you want aside from like, bozo. it's a completely non-productive question that's really just fluff

Bonatogether

#1048 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:49 pm

i'm caught up, will go back to lurking

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1049 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:50 pm

@celaph: Can you explain your reasoning when you questioned why I wasn't sus of you in place of TFB and damo?

damo666

#1050 Post by damo666 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:50 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:47 pm
i hate that foxcastle replaced out

is it bad etiquette to be kind of sus about the timing of it

i guess you have to take people at their word
1. Agreed, a bit unfortunate
2. Yes, although people do consider it.
3. I do.

TheFlyingBoat

#1051 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:52 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:49 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

???
i know what it means, but like, no one in this game would answer that the way you want aside from like, bozo. it's a completely non-productive question that's really just fluff
I think I've asked such questions before and have gotten answers. Also, you're literally the last person in this game to be allowed to accuse someone of fluff, lol.

Fluminator

#1052 Post by Fluminator » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:52 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fluminator wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

You seem to have recognized such play is bad back then and that your more mature self at that time was a better person than the one who got mad at getting teamed out in a diplomacy game for blackmailing a rulebreaker. Yet here we are almost a year and a half later and you're bringing out the trust tell again except instead of it being the pizza tell you claim it is the "I am town" tell or "im town" tell, none of which you have used before.

The point is why do you think using trust tells is now ok after thinking it was bad almost a year and a half ago? Second, if you were intentionally lying/trolling around with it, what did you hope to get and what did you get out of it in terms of information? Third, why should I believe that you were intentionally lying as town instead of blowing your trust tell as scum?
If you are scumreading me for faking a trust tell out of the blue, why are you now implying I was using one and thus being unsportsmanlike? I can not follow any of your thought processes here.

One thing I got from this is learning you are pretty sus. You're better than "daykill all liars" and this feels like surface level scum analysis to me.
I literally said I am not in DK all liars mode earlier and I'll say it again now. That is not my motivation.

I've said this before to you, so I don't know why you keep bringing out that tired defense as though it is in any way, shape, or form responsive to the thrust of what is being said.

Here is the timeline: you claimed earlier you were using a trust tell and you never claim to be town when scum, therefore you are town. You got called out on it and then argued that it's only when you say "I am town" that you are town. You doubled down. Then after getting that facade blown up you seem to have fallen into a "lol I clearly wasn't ever using a trust tell this game, why are you so dumb?" mode, which just doesn't make any fucking sense.

My point is that in my view your behavior was clearly anti-town. There was no reason for it, it has wasted plenty of time, and unless you can tell me what the point of it was or what information you got out of it, I don't know what point or value you wanted to get out of it. I feel like the only thing I got out of it was a town read on Jamie, but I already had that from his thing on Foxcastle.
The only person I ever remembered calling dumb in any game is Chaqa.
Nothing about your post implies anything beyond "kill all liars".

I guess time will tell if all the information and reactions to it was a waste compared to whatever you were so apparently so invested in before.

damo666

#1053 Post by damo666 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:52 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

???
Hard disagree. Perfectly valid question deserving of a better answer than a glib "Yes".

Donny Dude

#1054 Post by Donny Dude » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:54 pm

Fluminator wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fluminator wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:25 pm

What's there to square?

Are you or ARE YOU NOT USING a trust tell earlier????
Fluminator wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:07 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:25 pm
kgray wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:09 pm

I'm gonna need to explain why you have Donny and Rivera on here but not Bob, theflyingboat, Flum or Fox, please.
Bob and TFB seem to be trying to generate discussion. I get the feeling Foxcastle was looking for reactions with his one longer post. Fluminator said he was town.
This is my trust tell. (It's banned on mafiascum but not on webdip yet)
If you look at my two scum games on this site I never once posted I was town, while I regularly do in my town games.

Therefore, I activated my trust tell that I'm town and you can put me in as a lock.

Bozo gets it.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1055 Post by kgray » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:55 pm

BusinessLamp wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:40 pm
screw it

##vote Durga

minor points but both the "yay me too~~~" and "Yes, I'll solve this one" post read as unnatural to me

beyond that I haven't seen any real intent to scumhunt? I think it's mostly just been defending me and Foxcastle, which is not alignment indicative and would be done in any case. There's some weak questioning in there too.
##vote bobmcbob

I'd like to know if at this point tfb, flum and Bob actually scum read me
^this post also reads poorly to me. having trouble articulating why. it feels like there's a focus on personal survival.

And then I don't like the votes she's placed on celaph or TFB, neither of which being substantiated with original thought.

Overall everything makes sense to me if being read as a mafia Durga game where her main priority is to survive alongside pals instead of actually scumhunting.

please step up so i can vote someone else thanks
pretty comfortable townreading lamp at the moment

celaph

#1056 Post by celaph » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:55 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:50 pm
@celaph: Can you explain your reasoning when you questioned why I wasn't sus of you in place of TFB and damo?
You had made a comment about your intentions behind the post saying that you wanted to get a conversation started and saw Damo as someone under the radar. I want to know why in particular you chose Damo as the person to name who was under the radar. If it's just the fact that he had 4 posts at the time, why not include me while I'm sitting at 8?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1057 Post by ghug » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:56 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
ghug wrote:
???
What's so shocking about this question?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1058 Post by kgray » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:56 pm

@Demon when are you going to share your analysis of whatever data you found on damo and boatman?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1059 Post by ghug » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:57 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:52 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

I think I've asked such questions before and have gotten answers. Also, you're literally the last person in this game to be allowed to accuse someone of fluff, lol.
Agreed with boat here. It was a legitimate question (one that he should have followed up on when I snarked).

The list was unordered.

celaph

#1060 Post by celaph » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:00 pm

@Bona, can you speak to your townread of Bob?

I'm late for lab, but will be checking in before EoD and see him as a decent wagon right now. Also, I find Durga to be a better cw than Flum and wouldn't mind seeing more from RHK and Donny.