M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1021 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:30 pm

Durga wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:24 pm
Feels like bona is being a lot meaner than usual
Bona is always a little mean

DeathLlama8

#1022 Post by DeathLlama8 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:30 pm

Donny Dude wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:28 pm
I like DL statement on not acquiescing to my thing on voting but then he went back to just Bob so ehh
I do agree on the point about Damo being super decisive though.
how do you feel about bob, and how does that impact your opinion of me?

TheFlyingBoat

#1023 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:30 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:25 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:13 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:05 pm

I'm a little worried he mentioned he went back to M61 and concluded I was being truthful about the trust tell when I made this post pretty early on in that game. I want to scumread him for that, but he does feel pretty townie at a gut feel.

"
How do you square that with your play this game?
What's there to square?
You seem to have recognized such play is bad back then and that your more mature self at that time was a better person than the one who got mad at getting teamed out in a diplomacy game for blackmailing a rulebreaker. Yet here we are almost a year and a half later and you're bringing out the trust tell again except instead of it being the pizza tell you claim it is the "I am town" tell or "im town" tell, none of which you have used before.

The point is why do you think using trust tells is now ok after thinking it was bad almost a year and a half ago? Second, if you were intentionally lying/trolling around with it, what did you hope to get and what did you get out of it in terms of information? Third, why should I believe that you were intentionally lying as town instead of blowing your trust tell as scum?

TheFlyingBoat

#1024 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:31 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:26 pm
##Vote Flyingboat
I know I scumread him every day 1, but this time I think it's for real lol.
Why?

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1025 Post by Hellenic Riot » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:31 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:14 pm
kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:07 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:05 pm
Maniac, HR, and goldie should probably be considered as well.
It's not really fair to put HR and Maniac in the same clump as goldie imo. They at least provided original reads and thoughts about the game.

I'd be fine with goldie.
Having read their ISOs, it's pretty demonstrably false that any of them have done anything meaningful or original.
And just what meaningful or original impacts have you made?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1026 Post by ghug » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:31 pm

celaph wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:21 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:40 pm
Durga wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:53 pm
Well, Jamie is probably town at least. He's never really this passionate about being right over something so insignificant as scum
This is not true. The time he decided to push that I (his scum teammate) had scumslipped is a good counterexample.
I thought of this as well, but rereading Jamie's iso that day it felt more like he was gloating whereas here he has been engaging in the counterarguments more. Perhaps I'm making something out of nothing, but he feels more open to being wrong right now.
He absolutely does not seem open to being wrong re: Flum.

I think he was especially gloaty there because he was hamming up the bus, but he's done it to non-teammates too (me jokeclaiming his item in the Vecna 3P game, for example).

Donny Dude

#1027 Post by Donny Dude » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:32 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:29 pm
Donny why are you liking celaph better now?
Reading right now, he been posting about the game than weird side posts. He's been better about giving reads I feel.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1028 Post by ghug » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:33 pm

celaph wrote:
ghug wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:06 pm
I don't want to kill kgray, Flum, celaph, Durga, Lamp, Maniac, Vecna, Llama, HR, bozo, or boat today. Anyone else is fair game.
What is your opinion of HR's comments on Boat? I assume he's still on here for y'alls earlier exchange.
Eh, I feel kinda dirty townreading boat, so I get why others don't. HR is also in the "he gets a day" pool.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1029 Post by kgray » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:34 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:33 pm
celaph wrote:
ghug wrote:
I don't want to kill kgray, Flum, celaph, Durga, Lamp, Maniac, Vecna, Llama, HR, bozo, or boat today. Anyone else is fair game.
What is your opinion of HR's comments on Boat? I assume he's still on here for y'alls earlier exchange.
Eh, I feel kinda dirty townreading boat, so I get why others don't. HR is also in the "he gets a day" pool.
What does that mean? I townread boat and feel just fine about it.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1030 Post by ghug » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:34 pm

##VOTE damo I guess?

I don't want to kill any of the people with votes except maybe Bob.

Donny Dude

#1031 Post by Donny Dude » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:34 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:30 pm
Donny Dude wrote:
I like DL statement on not acquiescing to my thing on voting but then he went back to just Bob so ehh
I do agree on the point about Damo being super decisive though.
how do you feel about bob, and how does that impact your opinion of me?
I don't really have a feel on Bob yet, but I mostly noted you went back to your previous vote than my read of Bob.

Fluminator

#1032 Post by Fluminator » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:35 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fluminator wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:13 pm

How do you square that with your play this game?
What's there to square?
You seem to have recognized such play is bad back then and that your more mature self at that time was a better person than the one who got mad at getting teamed out in a diplomacy game for blackmailing a rulebreaker. Yet here we are almost a year and a half later and you're bringing out the trust tell again except instead of it being the pizza tell you claim it is the "I am town" tell or "im town" tell, none of which you have used before.

The point is why do you think using trust tells is now ok after thinking it was bad almost a year and a half ago? Second, if you were intentionally lying/trolling around with it, what did you hope to get and what did you get out of it in terms of information? Third, why should I believe that you were intentionally lying as town instead of blowing your trust tell as scum?
I very clearly wasn't using a trust tell.
If you are scumreading me for faking a trust tell out of the blue, why are you now implying I was using one and thus being unsportsmanlike? I can not follow any of your thought processes here.

One thing I got from this is learning you are pretty sus. You're better than "daykill all liars" and this feels like surface level scum analysis to me.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1033 Post by ghug » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:36 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:34 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:33 pm
celaph wrote:

What does that mean? I townread boat and feel just fine about it.
Every individual post disappoints me but I think the whole picture is one of a townie.

celaph

#1034 Post by celaph » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:37 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:54 pm
celaph wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:36 pm
Maniac wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:49 pm

So this is this post that originally tweaked my interest in Bob. I’m naturally suspicious of people who start sentences with ‘Honestly’ does that mean they are normally dishonest? But the line that jumped off the page to me was “I have no knowledge of who is what…’. I’ve played quite a few games and I’ve never seen town try and emphasise that they don’t know what everyone else rolled. It just didn’t sit right with me.

Whilst it wasn’t really a ‘gotcha’ moment. Bobs reaction was interesting and defensive and he openly stated he was fearful of dying. Why would town fear dying? Chances are most town will be dead before the end of the game. Dying isn’t a problem, winning as a team is all that matters. (I can almost hear you all screaming - ‘hell Maniac, didn’t you manipulate business lamp to stay alive?’ Yep I manipulated him (sorry business lamp) but it wasn’t through fear, just looking for reactions.

I also really don’t like Bob suddenly jumping on Foxy following Jamie’s case. It looks to me like Bob was scared that his wagon was building and he was looking for any viable alternative. Foxy would get town points if Bob flips scum.

I don’t have too much on anyone else and I’m aware the EOD is when I’m getting my beauty sleep, so I’m not going to switch off Bob today.
This is better from Maniac.
Better how? What do you like about it?
It agrees with my existing concern regarding Bob while also adding to the read in meaningful ways. Namely, that his tone and word choice weren't particularly towny.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1035 Post by Hellenic Riot » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:38 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:10 pm
hm how do people feel about donny
asking because it feels like a lot of people are gut townreading him but I'm not really seeing what he's done to warrant that

I townleaned him for that interaction with celaph but he could also not like being called slow as scum or want to provoke, and otherwise he's been pretty floaty
I didn't like his initial jumpiness on the Flum tell thing, and the fact that he responded to me calling that out by deepdiving on it was not an improvement. The fact that said deepdive wasn't even accurate is even worse. I'd be comfortable voting him.

Donny Dude

#1036 Post by Donny Dude » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:40 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:10 pm
hm how do people feel about donny
asking because it feels like a lot of people are gut townreading him but I'm not really seeing what he's done to warrant that

I townleaned him for that interaction with celaph but he could also not like being called slow as scum or want to provoke, and otherwise he's been pretty floaty
Tbh
There was a personal thing thats out of game on the slow comment

BusinessLamp

#1037 Post by BusinessLamp » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:40 pm

screw it

##vote Durga

minor points but both the "yay me too~~~" and "Yes, I'll solve this one" post read as unnatural to me

beyond that I haven't seen any real intent to scumhunt? I think it's mostly just been defending me and Foxcastle, which is not alignment indicative and would be done in any case. There's some weak questioning in there too.
##vote bobmcbob

I'd like to know if at this point tfb, flum and Bob actually scum read me
^this post also reads poorly to me. having trouble articulating why. it feels like there's a focus on personal survival.

And then I don't like the votes she's placed on celaph or TFB, neither of which being substantiated with original thought.

Overall everything makes sense to me if being read as a mafia Durga game where her main priority is to survive alongside pals instead of actually scumhunting.

please step up so i can vote someone else thanks

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1038 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:40 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:31 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:14 pm
kgray wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:07 pm

It's not really fair to put HR and Maniac in the same clump as goldie imo. They at least provided original reads and thoughts about the game.

I'd be fine with goldie.
Having read their ISOs, it's pretty demonstrably false that any of them have done anything meaningful or original.
And just what meaningful or original impacts have you made?
lmao k HR

TheFlyingBoat

#1039 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:42 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:35 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fluminator wrote:

What's there to square?

I very clearly wasn't using a trust tell.
If you are scumreading me for faking a trust tell out of the blue, why are you now implying I was using one and thus being unsportsmanlike? I can not follow any of your thought processes here.

One thing I got from this is learning you are pretty sus. You're better than "daykill all liars" and this feels like surface level scum analysis to me.
I literally said I am not in DK all liars mode earlier and I'll say it again now. That is not my motivation.

I've said this before to you, so I don't know why you keep bringing out that tired defense as though it is in any way, shape, or form responsive to the thrust of what is being said.

Here is the timeline: you claimed earlier you were using a trust tell and you never claim to be town when scum, therefore you are town. You got called out on it and then argued that it's only when you say "I am town" that you are town. You doubled down. Then after getting that facade blown up you seem to have fallen into a "lol I clearly wasn't ever using a trust tell this game, why are you so dumb?" mode, which just doesn't make any fucking sense.

My point is that in my view your behavior was clearly anti-town. There was no reason for it, it has wasted plenty of time, and unless you can tell me what the point of it was or what information you got out of it, I don't know what point or value you wanted to get out of it. I feel like the only thing I got out of it was a town read on Jamie, but I already had that from his thing on Foxcastle.

Bonatogether

#1040 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:42 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:11 pm
ghug wrote:
Llama and Bozo seem out of place on this list
it is a really big list