Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#401 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:03 pm

Also, I think anyone scumreading brain at this time is silly, and outright idiotic if you're a veteran with any history with brain, unless he's heavily worked on his scum play.

MeanLaQueefa

#402 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:09 pm

Fox, the problem with lynching lurkers is that they don't give town any info because they don't play or interact with people, so when they die, even when they're bad, it is hard to tell who is connected with them because they don't play enough. They are bad for town, but it is because the chances of lynching a lurker that is scum is as good as guessing to begin with, then you add in that mafia tend to be more active because they care more AND that mafia can also really easily lead lurker lynches away from any lurkers that are actually their teammates, and you get a recipe for a horrible strategy for town to take. Quiet people are bad for town, but that's because going after them as lynch targets is such a bad strategy for town. You're playing into that.

Also, ezio and fox, we will know tomorrow if brainbomb's claim is true for sure, the mafia already know if he is town or not, so if he's town they're targeting him regardless when they can. The watcher and the nurse can deter them enough from killing him right away even if he is revealed to be the true gunslinger. If he is, we will know tomorrow, that is a good enough reason to wait. You can analyze brain, sure, have your suspicions, definitely, I certainly do. However, lynching him today when we will likely know his alignment tomorrow is an idiotic decision. We can wait a day to lynch him if it will give us a good bit of more information, town needs to have some self-control.

bozotheclown

#403 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:11 pm

I have to leave and I likely won't be back for EOD, so I am changing my vote to ND. I do not like his vote for brain at this point, and his analysis has not been what I am used to seeing from him as town.

##VOTE ND

Ezio

#404 Post by Ezio » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:11 pm

Mean, how will we likely know his alignment tomorrow?

VashtaNeurotic

#405 Post by VashtaNeurotic » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:12 pm

Sorry peeps. Was running a debate tournament from like 5 PM Friday until 10PM Saturday EST. Had to play catch up.

First off, I hate the GS as a role, it rarely ends well with town (they always manage to give a gun to scum for some reason) and would rather whoever they are not give out a gun. If it weren't for the thief I would just not fire the gun if I got it, but since there is I'd probably have to think a bit but would shoot one of my top scumreads.

That being said, I get the Balki hype, but I feel that reeder is slightly off, and he has fewer votes I think (is the bot still crashed?). So:

##vote reedeer

That's right I'm bolding my votes, because it seems proper. Let's start that trend. It's hard to quantify my scum read of rd he just seems, non genuine this game. It's mostly intuition, but I'm never sure what to vote off of besides that early game.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#406 Post by Maniac » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:12 pm

Ywo mildly interesting votes. Yavuz unvotes to put himself solely in the lead and then DemonRHK repeats that move moving off yavus to put himself solely in the lead. Think noth these are town moves, so I've got to come off DemonRHK.

I'm at a lose for scum at the moment.

Think MeanLaQueefa is actually reading the game and yavuz town move earlier on give me some comfort that they are worth sheeping.

##vote Balki

Foxcastle

#407 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:14 pm

Mean, it's true that lynching lurkers gets us mostly no information. But you don't lynch lurkers to get something, you lynch lurkers as payment on an endgame where they aren't deadweight.

VashtaNeurotic

#408 Post by VashtaNeurotic » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:15 pm

Also slight townreads on ND, yavuz and rd. No idea how to evaluate brainbomb, never have.

MeanLaQueefa

#409 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:16 pm

Ezio, If brainbomb calls out a gun target tomorrow, and they get a gun, we know brainbomb is legit. If he calls out someone and they don't get a gun, he can only argue that the thief took it, but that is unlikely, and then we conclude that brainbomb is lying and probably lynch him.

brainbomb

#410 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:21 pm

I like how so many people think I wont die tonight. The odds I get witch killed is very high as Im only planning on gunning snowy-maniac-foxcastle-or bo.

Assuming I dont get lynched

MeanLaQueefa

#411 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:24 pm

fox, endgame is where we have the most information, if lurkers make it that far, they have at least some moves to analyze. Lynching lurkers is going to turn up town a majority of the time, that's just statistics, and give us an endgame with multiple mafia in it, making it much harder to for town to win. Seriously, do I really need to defend making informed lynches vs. making essentially random lynches at people not playing?

Do what you want, but I won't be following, and won't be clogging the thread anymore with this debate.

ND

#412 Post by ND » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:24 pm

Mean is now a candidate in my book. That comment she made on the past page was beyond dumb.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#413 Post by Maniac » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:25 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:21 pm
I like how so many people think I wont die tonight. The odds I get witch killed is very high as Im only planning on gunning snowy-maniac-foxcastle-or bo.

Assuming I dont get lynched
I am literally the worst person to give a gun to. I'm reduced to sheeping newbies, my spider senses just aren't tinkling today.

(Why do i have to hit submit two - three times - that will get annoying at EOD)

Foxcastle

#415 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:28 pm

Mean, endgame is where you have the most information, which can be very, very little on lurkers that make it that far. In any case, Town generally lacking the moral certitude to do what must be done, I'll move off of Vash shortly.

brainbomb

#416 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:29 pm

Mean is very clearly not scum. Shocking right?

Scum doesnt talk like this. Its legit.

I do apologize, I think youve passed most of my hurdles with flying colors. I dont mind sharing your idea on balki. It was a ping to me as well early. It felt reachy and opportunistic.

The reason I dislike lynching balki today is two fold. For one hes a great player and participates. Two is that even as scum he talks alot and telegraphs his team. I could consider a balki lynch if it came to self pres. But ND is alot scummier.

ND has been scummy in every moment of the game.

Foxcastle

#417 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:29 pm

Maniac wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:25 pm
(Why do i have to hit submit two - three times - that will get annoying at EOD)
If someone else posts between when you start your post and hit submit, the forum will show you those posts and you have to hit submit again.

ND

#418 Post by ND » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:30 pm

Dilly Dolly Dotty Brain is scum. Confirmed in my book.

brainbomb

#419 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:31 pm

Mean, youre very good at this if yer town. My only question is, you said Balki is smarter than how he is playing, did Spirit tell you Balki was smart? Or did you know balki is an attorney in real life?

MeanLaQueefa

#420 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:39 pm

Ok, I can respect that ND vote, brain. I hope RHK doesn't go down for it though, if balki is bad, I think that most likely means RHK is good based on their interaction.

Yeah and no need to apologize, I figured we were just flirting anyway, after all you did bork me several times ;)

Also brain, I had no idea balki was an attorney, it was actually you who mentioned he was smart earlier and his posts showed he can be smart when he wants to be.