MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Fluminator

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#2281 Post by Fluminator » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:18 pm

Durga didn't actually do too many strong pushes that would result in a scum team obviously want to kill her. She talked a lot about how she wanted people who were less active dead so I could see the other scum team having less active players.

I also think this means at least one of Durga's teammates is relatively active.

Foxcastle

#2282 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:24 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:07 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:03 pm
Macca idgaf attitude is good vibes
Interesting interactions with Macca if you search their name in Durga's iso. She does a complete 180 on townreading Macca to scumreading them.

That's actually quite scummy. I could see Macca noticing that and wanting to nightkill her for that.
It could also be she forgot her read on teammate Macca but I think that's less likely.
Why is that scummy? I would think that Durga would not have wanted to have that kind of contradiction to draw attention to if one of them flipped.

Fluminator

#2283 Post by Fluminator » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:27 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:24 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:07 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:03 pm
Macca idgaf attitude is good vibes
Interesting interactions with Macca if you search their name in Durga's iso. She does a complete 180 on townreading Macca to scumreading them.

That's actually quite scummy. I could see Macca noticing that and wanting to nightkill her for that.
It could also be she forgot her read on teammate Macca but I think that's less likely.
Why is that scummy? I would think that Durga would not have wanted to have that kind of contradiction to draw attention to if one of them flipped.
It kind of looks like she forgot her read on Macca. (And yes, 2 scum teams yadda yadda)

damo666

#2284 Post by damo666 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:29 pm

@bozo I want to do a proper analysis before answering your survey but too busy today. I will answer 4th quarter of the day.

BesharamSabi

#2285 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:30 pm

Good morning sunshine,

I'm not gming today so you all have 100% of my attention now. I'm going to go reread and also catch up.

A quick skim shows brain bomb is still stuck on me. Just keep rereading me and also make a solid case for me. I'm not going to try to stop you with that.

I will change my vote from brainbomb back to snowy who I feel is the most likely scum.

I do find it odd that both macca and lfischl have gone super quiet so far. Where are tho?

Bozo question: I dunno how to do scum pairings.

##VOTE snowy

brainbomb

#2286 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:32 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:30 pm
Good morning sunshine,

I'm not gming today so you all have 100% of my attention now. I'm going to go reread and also catch up.

A quick skim shows brain bomb is still stuck on me. Just keep rereading me and also make a solid case for me. I'm not going to try to stop you with that.

I will change my vote from brainbomb back to snowy who I feel is the most likely scum.

I do find it odd that both macca and lfischl have gone super quiet so far. Where are tho?

Bozo question: I dunno how to do scum pairings.

##VOTE snowy
you can thank rdrivera for me deciding to just stop bothering to talk about you but dont get too comfortable; youre still blatantly scum with durga

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2287 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:35 pm

So I don’t mind the snowy vote either. I woke up in a cold sweat last night thinking how dumb we would all look if Chris was scum and him literally saying that the only thing he did before quitting was drop a fabricated townslip is exactly as simple as it appears…

brainbomb

#2288 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:45 pm

dear tom
I cant help but notice that youve completely aligned yourself against two of the most likely fluminator voters

snowy and myself

do feel free to explain that

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2289 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:55 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:45 pm
dear tom
I cant help but notice that youve completely aligned yourself against two of the most likely fluminator voters

snowy and myself

I think you both are scum. Well mostly you, but I’m intrigued by the snowy possibility

Foxcastle

#2290 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:12 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:35 pm
So I don’t mind the snowy vote either. I woke up in a cold sweat last night thinking how dumb we would all look if Chris was scum and him literally saying that the only thing he did before quitting was drop a fabricated townslip is exactly as simple as it appears…
I think the person who would take the time to write that kind of pompous exit note could definitely try to throw in a fake town tell to make town look dumb for his own selfish amusement.

Foxcastle

#2291 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:13 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:12 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
I think the person who would take the time to write that kind of pompous exit note could definitely try to throw in a fake town tell to make town look dumb for his own selfish amusement.
That said, I have generally been townreading snowy, but if he's scum, it's a huge problem that he's kind of in running as town leader at this point.

snowy801

#2292 Post by snowy801 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:36 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:13 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
That said, I have generally been townreading snowy, but if he's scum, it's a huge problem that he's kind of in running as town leader at this point.
It's fine don't worry about it nothing could possibly go wrong

TheFlyingBoat

#2293 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:48 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
If he's scum and town leader wouldn't the other team have a strong incentive to kill him off?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2294 Post by Squigs44 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:48 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:27 am
Since the mafia have the advantage of being able to legitimately look for scum, I think it would be a good idea to force the scum to go on record with their reads for the remaining 5 scum slots. I would like everyone to state their best guess, and you can update it whenever you want. Please participate, maximum participation will force the scum to fabricate some reads.
[...]
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:27 am
ghug wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:22 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:22 am

Then now it is you who are not accounting for 2 scum teams in your attempt to discredit me.
How's that?
You seem to be implying I am fabricating scum reads and am therefore scum, but as has been repeatedly pointed out, the mafia do not have to do that this game.
:?

Jamiet99uk

#2295 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:49 pm

++ MINISTRY of ADMINISTRATION ++
+++++ VOTE COUNT 2.1 +++++

Ghug(6) Damo666, Captáinmeme, Snowy801, Bozotheclown, Macca573, TheFlyingBoat
Bozotheclown(2) - Foxcastle, Rdrivera2005
Macca573(2) - Fluminator, Ghug
Brainbomb(1) - Tom Bombadil
Fluminator(1) - Brainbomb
Snowy801(1) - BesharamSabi

GHUG is set to be liquidated.

29 hours and 12 minutes remain in Day 2.

Glory to Arstotzka.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

brainbomb

#2296 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:58 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:55 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:45 pm
dear tom

snowy and myself

I think you both are scum. Well mostly you, but I’m intrigued by the snowy possibility
so the blatant protectvism of fluminator part of it is just pure coincidence?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2297 Post by Squigs44 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:01 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:05 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:58 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:46 pm

this is the first occasion my name has appeared on your reads as me being scum? any explanation as to why I am here
POE. You and flying boat are my weakest choices to put on the scum teams, but if I was going to swap flum in, it feels more correct for me to put Flum in your slot with Tom and Bozo than in TFB's slot.
doesnt really make alot of sense. durga only got irritated with me when I floated the idea that she was scum with you and flying boat. And I think that was not her being mad at that team composition but rather just her pretending to be her usual town self, irate at being floated as possible scum. So on some hand I think this is good for you. a late push on you at end of day sort of occurred and durga wasnt in on that but that also doesnt implicate you per se.

so how do I feel about you saying im
scum with durga? I feel it is laziness on your part to not look at our interactions. If you reread it seems far more likely that when the fight between squiggs and durga and myself occurred that durga was helping squiggs not to have to give a read and squiggs just sat there letting her do the work for him.

his response is to say he meant no ill will and merely wanted to coach me on better communication skills. All I had said was that tfb maybe was scum with fox and durga. why was this so concerning for both durga and squiggs

a few pages later sabi does damage control on the squiggs and durga fight with me and gives a very vague assessment of what it all was
Alright next time you express that a post that I have made has annoyed you to the point of needing to take a break from the game I'll make sure to push it further instead of apologizing like a decent human being so that I'm townread.

Also I wasn't sitting back letting durga answer, she did that while I was gone, which you pointed out and got mad at her for. I did answer before seeing Durgas response, to which you said I didn't need anymore so I stopped at that point.

If you're gonna scumread me because Durga townread me and defended me go for it, but don't play the victim card on me then turn around and misconstrue my actions so that it helps one of your tinfoil theories. We've already had 2 subs this game cause people's feelings got hurt so I don't appreciate at all how you're gaming another argument that looked like it could have led to a third. Can't we all just have fun?

Foxcastle

#2298 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:03 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:48 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

If he's scum and town leader wouldn't the other team have a strong incentive to kill him off?
There are all sorts of reasons that isn't necessarily true.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2299 Post by Squigs44 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:13 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:18 pm
Durga didn't actually do too many strong pushes that would result in a scum team obviously want to kill her. She talked a lot about how she wanted people who were less active dead so I could see the other scum team having less active players.

I also think this means at least one of Durga's teammates is relatively active.
Flum can you explain this line of reasoning?

brainbomb

#2300 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:19 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:01 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:05 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:58 pm

POE. You and flying boat are my weakest choices to put on the scum teams, but if I was going to swap flum in, it feels more correct for me to put Flum in your slot with Tom and Bozo than in TFB's slot.
doesnt really make alot of sense. durga only got irritated with me when I floated the idea that she was scum with you and flying boat. And I think that was not her being mad at that team composition but rather just her pretending to be her usual town self, irate at being floated as possible scum. So on some hand I think this is good for you. a late push on you at end of day sort of occurred and durga wasnt in on that but that also doesnt implicate you per se.

so how do I feel about you saying im
scum with durga? I feel it is laziness on your part to not look at our interactions. If you reread it seems far more likely that when the fight between squiggs and durga and myself occurred that durga was helping squiggs not to have to give a read and squiggs just sat there letting her do the work for him.

his response is to say he meant no ill will and merely wanted to coach me on better communication skills. All I had said was that tfb maybe was scum with fox and durga. why was this so concerning for both durga and squiggs

a few pages later sabi does damage control on the squiggs and durga fight with me and gives a very vague assessment of what it all was
Alright next time you express that a post that I have made has annoyed you to the point of needing to take a break from the game I'll make sure to push it further instead of apologizing like a decent human being so that I'm townread.

Also I wasn't sitting back letting durga answer, she did that while I was gone, which you pointed out and got mad at her for. I did answer before seeing Durgas response, to which you said I didn't need anymore so I stopped at that point.

If you're gonna scumread me because Durga townread me and defended me go for it, but don't play the victim card on me then turn around and misconstrue my actions so that it helps one of your tinfoil theories. We've already had 2 subs this game cause people's feelings got hurt so I don't appreciate at all how you're gaming another argument that looked like it could have led to a third. Can't we all just have fun?
Didnt think I gamed that at all.
I thought you might be on durgas team from that situation.