MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#2221 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:46 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:18 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:42 am
Week, first of all RIP Durga and Kgray. I was townreading both (and had a feeling Durga might be PR, but she was scum PR). Kgray was so obvious NK target that I really don't get what our Doctor was doing.

I think scum is targeting people that won't be DKed and that are good at scum hunting/pushing. Maybe they are just targeting PRs, but I doubt.

Considering this I understand why people are voting Ghug. I just don't have this confidence and I suck at reading him. I still think Flum might be scum here, considering the NKs.

Another scum possibility is Bozo, I don't like how his reads don't seem to evolve and how he can't consider other motivations for lfishcl saying he didn't play with Ghug.

I don't know if Fox is buddying me, but it's working, I don't want to kill him anymore

##vote Bozo
When you say my reads "don't seem to evolve", do you means I have not changed my mind about lfishcl/ghug looking suspicious? It was not just what lfishcl said, but how ghug reacted. Yes, it is possible lfishcl said that as town, but it does not make it any less suspicious. Also, I am not going to fabricate new reads just to meet your criteria for reading me as town. You are doing exactly what Bonatogether did last game that helped lose the game for town.
What I meant with not evolve is that in my opiniony, without re-reading, I don't remember you offering opinions on other people out of lfischl and Ghug.
I don't want you to fabricate anything and I don't see how a single vote today is helping town to lose the game, it's not like I am tunneling you all game.
But this reaction is so over the top I think I might be wrong about you.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2222 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:51 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:35 am
Well I suppose I should give my pre-reread one now and then a post-reread tomorrow night some time after I am done with Diplomacy.

Team 1: Durga, ghug, Macca Team 2: Flum, lfischl, Captainmeme

Once again, this will likely change significantly post-read because Flum's comment is nagging at me hard. But then again maybe if I unfold his story maybe I'll find that I was right all along.
TFB is usually this bad?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2223 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:54 am

ghug wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:45 am
captainmeme wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:17 pm
##vote ghug

<3 <3 <3
Was Durga bussing you?
This is the only buss I believe Durga might do, considering how upset he was with meme just memeing.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2224 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:56 am

ghug wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:49 am
Fluminator wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:38 pm
I'll be around more tomorrow, but I think there's a good shot Meme was Durga's partner, and it explains why she was so frustrated with him.
Yay I had this thought
Yep, and Flum is in the other Mafia team...

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2225 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:10 am

So, a guess for the teams:

Durga, meme and Bozo.

Flum, Fox and a third one that I can't identify yet, would put Squigs just for a later comparison.

I am not so convinced on Fox too, but this turn on Bozo is weird even with him agreeing with me.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2226 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:58 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Week, first of all RIP Durga and Kgray. I was townreading both (and had a feeling Durga might be PR, but she was scum PR). Kgray was so obvious NK target that I really don't get what our Doctor was doing.

I think scum is targeting people that won't be DKed and that are good at scum hunting/pushing. Maybe they are just targeting PRs, but I doubt.

Considering this I understand why people are voting Ghug. I just don't have this confidence and I suck at reading him. I still think Flum might be scum here, considering the NKs.

Another scum possibility is Bozo, I don't like how his reads don't seem to evolve and how he can't consider other motivations for lfishcl saying he didn't play with Ghug.

I don't know if Fox is buddying me, but it's working, I don't want to kill him anymore

##vote Bozo
I kinda fairly strong read rdr for this first thought. At the very least I don’t think he ridicules the doctor there if he was on the team that shot kgray. But I think it points to him being town regardless. I think if he were scum, he would realize that the doctor is neutered in this setup because of the risk of accidentally saving a scumbo and thus much more likely to self save as much as possible. The fact that this didn’t cross his mind (while I expect scum would have deduced this when discussing NK targets) makes me think rdr is town

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2227 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:11 pm

Also - I totally think brain is on the team that shot Durga. Not for any in game reason but for meta. I just think a) he thinks she is better than most people do so if she was town would be a good fear kill choice and b) would have this weird sense of glory if she ended up being scum and would be able to hold it over her head for the rest of time.

Part of me thinks this is the dumbest take I’ve ever had. But I believe it in my bones, so?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2228 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:58 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:58 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:

##vote Bozo
I kinda fairly strong read rdr for this first thought. At the very least I don’t think he ridicules the doctor there if he was on the team that shot kgray. But I think it points to him being town regardless. I think if he were scum, he would realize that the doctor is neutered in this setup because of the risk of accidentally saving a scumbo and thus much more likely to self save as much as possible. The fact that this didn’t cross his mind (while I expect scum would have deduced this when discussing NK targets) makes me think rdr is town
You are right (about the Doc and about me). And I apologize to the good Doc.

Who are your current scumreads? I am still having a hard time to sort you.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2229 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:01 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:11 pm
Also - I totally think brain is on the team that shot Durga. Not for any in game reason but for meta. I just think a) he thinks she is better than most people do so if she was town would be a good fear kill choice and b) would have this weird sense of glory if she ended up being scum and would be able to hold it over her head for the rest of time.

Part of me thinks this is the dumbest take I’ve ever had. But I believe it in my bones, so?
I have mixed feelings on Brain. I thought his D1 was towny. But I have also this voice in my ear saying he looks too controlled this game, but I don't want to enter this rabbit hole. He isn't a target for today, I think. The longer he plays, easier to sort him.

Jamiet99uk

#2230 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:19 pm

======== THE TRUTH OF ARSTOTZKA =========
====== Wednesday, November 24, 1982 ======

GRESTIN CHECKPOINT A SUCCESS
Entry restrictions to relax. Foreigners
now admitted.

ANALYSTS UPBEAT
Increased trade and co-operation predicted.

THE WEATHER
Overcast with a chance of rain.

SPORTS
Arstotzka Arskickers 1 - 0 Korista City
Important win in regionals.
=========================================

++ MINISTRY of ADMINISTRATION ++
+++++ VOTE COUNT 2.0 +++++

Ghug(6) Damo666, Captáinmeme, Snowy801, Bozotheclown, Macca573, TheFlyingBoat
Brainbomb(2) - BesharamSabi, Tom Bombadil
Bozotheclown(2) - Foxcastle, Rdrivera2005
Macca573(2) - Fluminator, Ghug
BesharamSabi(1) - Brainbomb

Currently GHUG is scheduled for hard labour.

33 hours and 41 minutes remain in Day 2.

Glory to Arstotzka.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Foxcastle

#2231 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:42 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:27 am
Since the mafia have the advantage of being able to legitimately look for scum, I think it would be a good idea to force the scum to go on record with their reads for the remaining 5 scum slots. I would like everyone to state their best guess, and you can update it whenever you want. Please participate, maximum participation will force the scum to fabricate some reads.

I am going to go with my lfischl/ghug/snowy theory for team 1. The reasons for my lfischl/ghug suspicion should be clear, and snowy did not follow through on voting ghug D1 and defended lfischl. Also, ghug and snowy are good candidates for the Durga NK. For Durga's teammates I will go with Foxcastle and Fluminator. Fluminator for the kgray NK and the reasons kgray had for suspecting him, and Foxcastle because I do not like how he completely reversed his read on me when his read got challenged. Foxcastle also started criticizing my suspicion of lfischl despite voting for lfischl D1 and helped save Fluminator D1. Also, I am not convinced Foxcastle did not scum slip when he mentioned a second mafia PM.

Please add your best guess to the list:

bozo: lfischl/ghug/snowy, Foxcastle/Fluminator
The second PM is directly stated in several role descriptions in the set up post. Don't you usually read the setup closer?

Foxcastle

#2232 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:54 pm

To answer Bozo's poll:

Tom/Bozo/Brain; Durga/lfischl/TFB

I would kill all of those before I killed anyone else in the game (though Flum is right on the bubble).

brainbomb

#2233 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:37 pm

Bozos poll
durga
sabi
squiggs

ezics

fluminator
lfishcl
macca

as a side note would anyone like to see durga trying to distance sabi and it fails?

brainbomb

#2234 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:41 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:56 pm
Sabi that kind of stuff is not helpful
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:11 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:56 pm
Sabi that kind of stuff is not helpful
It's helpful for me. It makes sense in my head. Helps bring back up people's reads and causes people to reread them. Helps make connections of reads to people. Lots of stuff comes out of these questions.

Durga, why do you think these questions are not helpful?

brainbomb

#2235 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:44 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:58 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:58 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:

##vote Bozo
You are right (about the Doc and about me). And I apologize to the good Doc.

Who are your current scumreads? I am still having a hard time to sort you.
you make it sound like its a bad thing that I havent gone absolutely psycho and turned into a hate fueled asshole.

brainbomb

#2236 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:45 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:11 pm

I can absolutely assure you I am on neither team and the tensions between durga and I would not have triggered me to choose her as a night kill regardless. if I was scum she wasnt scumreading me and posed zero danger to my sanctity.

brainbomb

#2237 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:46 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:54 pm
To answer Bozo's poll:

Tom/Bozo/Brain; Durga/lfischl/TFB

I would kill all of those before I killed anyone else in the game (though Flum is right on the bubble).
this is the first occasion my name has appeared on your reads as me being scum? any explanation as to why I am here

brainbomb

#2238 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:47 pm

this exercise seems to just be giving people excuses to make random pairings and not explain any reasons as to why. its almost like encouraging people to play more like me.

brainbomb

#2239 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:50 pm

macca does strike me as the most incentivized to kill durga. and I am strongly leaning that way

meme strikes me as a push durga made that she felt she could get away with. so again I dont think meme is with her either

brainbomb

#2240 Post by brainbomb » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:57 pm

so without knowing who durga used bus driver on it is actually possible durga used bus driver on someone who actually got targeted by scumteam A. so we cant say with total certainty that scumteam A was actually aiming at her — but its highly likely.