MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#1961 Post by brainbomb » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:15 pm

me for this die

BesharamSabi

#1962 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:38 pm

If I die, kill snowy.

I think I should be around for start of day 2 since I just got my food now. Round 3 doesn't start till 1.5 hours into the day 2.

Anyway what's everyone's will and testament. Let's hear it folks.

Also I hope everyone who is playing vdc in this game are doing well.

Love always, your favorite gm.

Foxcastle

#1963 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:40 pm

I will not be around for EON. If I die, create a spreadsheet in my honor.

I am currently thinking that Boat, Squigs, and Kgray are town. Leaning town on Ghug, Damo, and Durga.

brainbomb

#1964 Post by brainbomb » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:43 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:00 am
President Eden wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:51 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:45 am
In regards to how would town/mafia respond: I honestly think neither groups would respond to those questions in any meaningful way because they come off as shit post questions. I only sent those questions to try to get you to contribute something to the game. You did do that by sending me questions right back.
What have I contributed to the game, in your estimation?
BesharamSabi wrote:
In regards to scum teams knowing identities I am sure both teams do. At least that’s what I got from quickly skimming the roles description.
To be more clear, is it your belief that the Ezic Star Order members know the identities of the Kolechian Terrorist members, and vice versa?
BesharamSabi wrote:
In regards to what I want to know: how do both scum teams decide on who will be night kill or is it two night kills or does the gm pick one at random?
Traditionally, and as I understand from setup review, both teams have a nightkill. Their motivations for their nightkill shift a bit, as brainbomb noted earlier, because they have to manage the strength of a different mafia team as well as the town.
In regards to contributing to the game: a series of never ending questions to me and not one deez nutz reference which is amazing.

In regards to ezics and kolechian teams knowing each other, also yes.

I'm regards to how kills are set up: So there is two night kills but town only gets one day kill? That seems a bit unfair to me. What is the lylo/kylo math on how many miskills town is allowed before we are fucked?
to be fair Eden basically walked sabi into this answer. it was not a pure townslip.

brainbomb

#1965 Post by brainbomb » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:46 pm

In regards to scum teams knowing identities I am sure both teams do. At least that's what I got from quickly skimming the roles description.

In regards to what I want to know: how do both scum teams decide on who will be night kill or is it two night kills or does the gm pick one at random?
this doesnt look like any of this is a townslip.

brainbomb

#1966 Post by brainbomb » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:48 pm

eden can definetely just be scum with sabi there and talked them into a beneficial answer via open coaching

bozotheclown

#1967 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:55 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:28 pm
I didn't read the arguments between flum and snowy very closely and I probably should, but flum is my top scumread atm regardless. I don't like how fast he was to say that I'm town this game when he was so suspicious of me last game, when I feel like my D1s in both games were very similar, right down to the arguments with Eden. I just don't trust him at all.

Also, look at the difference between his Sabi and Fox reads. The way he writes off Fox as town because of the PMs but refuses to townread Sabi for their slip is incredibly suspicious, especially for Flum. Anyone remember how convinced he was that Hamilton Brian was town when he posted his notes in the priest game? When Flum is town he looks for reasons to townread people and trusts what he sees and doesn't get caught in 'well they're smart enough to do this as scum'. imo this looks bad for Fox too.

Bozo's a close second. I think bozo as scum pushes easy cases and that's what he's doing here.

I'm still suspicious of Boatman, but I was suspicious of him last game until he became conf!town, and I'm still suspicious of ghug but I've never not been suspicious of ghug (besides the first game I played with him).

Snowy giving me weird vibes sometimes but isn't doing the thing I thought was the most scummy from the game when he was scum.

Sabi, squigs, Tom, and brain all still strong townreads. Rivera and Durga only slightly behind. Not as convinced about town!Fox anymore, but that's almost all because of Flum's weird townread of him. Damo and meme could go either way. Don't know about Macca or lfischl, but bozo pushing lfischl makes me want to keep him alive and I'm afraid one or both of them will be the next easy miskills after bona.

Also I still haven't closely read EOD and I won't do that until Sunday unless I do well at Dip this weekend, in which case I'm not sure when I'll reread EOD because it's a busy week coming up.
I think lfischl is a good scum candidate, if I had a better idea who the "hard case" mafia were, I would make those cases as well.

How do you explain what lfischl said about ghug? What is your opinion of lfischl addressing what I pointed out about the cat but ignoring what I said about ghug?

Durga

#1968 Post by Durga » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:56 pm

Scum!Eden is a possibility but I haven't gotten bad vibes from Squigs - also open coaching is silly and Sabi is null *at worst*

Durga

#1969 Post by Durga » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:58 pm

Bruh bozo you're obsessed with lfischl even though your theory about him and bona being teammates was wrong. People forget shit, what is scummy about that?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1970 Post by ghug » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:59 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:59 pm
If I die, kill ghug
Derivative

Durga

#1971 Post by Durga » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:01 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:59 pm
kgray wrote:
If I die, kill ghug
Derivative
She stole your line, how do you feel about that

bozotheclown

#1972 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:03 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:58 pm
Bruh bozo you're obsessed with lfischl even though your theory about him and bona being teammates was wrong. People forget shit, what is scummy about that?
I said Bonatogether and lfischl being scum together was a possibility, I suspected lfischl for other reasons.

If you read the interactions between lfischl and ghug over lfischl's last 6 games, there is no way lfischl forgot he ever played with ghug. ghug is probably the only player who was in all 6 of those games. As a result, I suspect lfischl had some kind of motivation to make that statement.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1973 Post by ghug » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:05 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:01 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:59 pm
kgray wrote:
If I die, kill ghug
Derivative
She stole your line, how do you feel about that
She's always copying me.

Durga

#1974 Post by Durga » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:06 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:03 pm
Durga wrote:
I said Bonatogether and lfischl being scum together was a possibility, I suspected lfischl for other reasons.

If you read the interactions between lfischl and ghug over lfischl's last 6 games, there is no way lfischl forgot he ever played with ghug. ghug is probably the only player who was in all 6 of those games. As a result, I suspect lfischl had some kind of motivation to make that statement.
And what about the point that this is a 15 year old kid who usually doesn't even give enough of a shit to post enough times to not get mod killed? I feel like you're disgarding what everyone is saying and like repeating the same 5 talking points.

I'm not actually opposed to killing ifischl, and would have preferred it over bona, but he's null at best and nothing he's done so far is noteworthy let alone scummy

bozotheclown

#1975 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:06 pm

If lfischl is mafia, I think it points to ghug as his teammate, so I would like to find out. Also, I have found few suspicious things overall. We should have a lot more to work with D2.

Foxcastle

#1976 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:08 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Durga wrote:

Why do you think lfischl consciously made such an easily disprovable statement (presumably knowing he'd look bad for it)? There must have been a really good reason for it to be so blatant, no? Why is that a more compelling solution than the simpler explanation that lfischl was oblivious and typed something dumb?

Durga

#1977 Post by Durga » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:09 pm

If I die, don't kill Foxcastle

bozotheclown

#1978 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:10 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:06 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Durga wrote:

And what about the point that this is a 15 year old kid who usually doesn't even give enough of a shit to post enough times to not get mod killed? I feel like you're disgarding what everyone is saying and like repeating the same 5 talking points.

I'm not actually opposed to killing ifischl, and would have preferred it over bona, but he's null at best and nothing he's done so far is noteworthy let alone scummy
I am going to keep repeating it at least until lfischl responds, and I think you are underestimating how much lfischl has participated in past games.

Durga

#1979 Post by Durga » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:10 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:10 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:06 pm
bozotheclown wrote:

I am going to keep repeating it at least until lfischl responds, and I think you are underestimating how much lfischl has participated in past games.
I'm pretty sure he responded??

brainbomb

#1980 Post by brainbomb » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:11 pm

lfischl is the only person the council actually penalized in 2021 with a required recusal from one game for excess flaking. and beleive me that says a lot about how much it takes to actually get in trouble on here