MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#1881 Post by damo666 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:20 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:09 pm
I would be okay with being nightkilled
fayk?

brainbomb

#1882 Post by brainbomb » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:21 pm

maobi
maobi newt

dost thou desire a yeeting teew?

Fluminator

#1883 Post by Fluminator » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:27 pm

I'll be working until deadline so have some reads. (And even if you think I'm scum, you should still heed these because it's multi)
I will omgus vote anyone who complains I don't have any strong scumreads.

1. BesharamSabi
Null. They're playing very loose without much concern and I haven't seen anything that would justify killing them yet. I think they're smart enough they could do this as scum

2. Foxcastle
Town. I find it much more likely Town-Fox looked at role PMs and noticed no teammates listed in scum PMs and commenting on it, then Scum-Fox reading it and feeling comfortable enough to post about it. (Obviously it could be a bluff intended to illicit town reads, but whatevs, it works on me for now)

4. brainbomb
Null. Brain has come such a long way since I first got to know him and it warms my heart. I used to just not worry about brain's alignment because he'd inevitably obvtown or obvscum. I'm not sure if that will happen anymore. I still have seen nothing that would indicate alignment yet.

5. Durga
Town. I'm still very sad she doesn't sheep me anymore. However, I don't think Scum-Durga would instantly apologize for saying I've become bad at the game or being mean. It felt genuine there.

6. TheFlyingBoat
Null. After looking at our previous game, I realized I scumread him in that game too for a lot of the things he is doing here and he was town. He even tried to get me daykilled day 1 last game too lmao. Still nothing to indicate he's town yet though.

7. Ghug
Slight Town. I actually had a slight growing scumread on him throughout day 1 because I expected a lot more complaints on the setup regarding how most scumtells are nullified. (I remember him doing it last multi setup). But he's genuinely a little off-kilter from that PE exchange which I still haven't read. His pushes have lacked muster but that doesn't really matter because multi lol. I convinced myself he's probably town because scum ghug would be more similar to his normal meta.

8. President Eden/Squiggs
Town? I want to put town, my gut is telling me town, but I don't actually have good reasons. The replace out seemed more like town frustration maybe? idk.

9. ChrisVis/Snowy
Scum. Chris was oddly defensive and angry at people accusing him and it wasn't the towniest behaviour, and Snowy's done nothing to change that. He's playing exactly like his other scum game and his meta and weird comments aren't looking super townie. I am self aware enough to know I might be biased against this slot after his weird push on me but there's a lot of scum out there and he just fits in too easily.

10. lfischl
Null. He's pretty funny but I got nothing.

11. CaptainMeme
Trololo, since he's not going to see my question, he definitely voted me at 5-4 bona/ma in an attempt to tie it to get a no-kill. If he's scum, I expect his partners to be ones who are complaining about him the loudest.

12. Fluminator
Town. Handsome. 100% Vanilla Townie Confirmed (tm)

13. bozo
Null. I was definitely expecting bozo to thrive in a multi setup where the core mechanics are very different from normal mafia, but he's been pretty lacklustre so far. But it's multi so it doesn't make sense as either any alignment really. I've never been able to read bozo in the past.

14. Tom Bomb
Null. He was scum the last couple of games I've seen him in and he was surprisingly awkward in those. As town he's always been regarded as one of the all-time bests and I think he struggles as scum. I would be townreading him if it wasn't multi, but as is, I don't think I can give him a read.

15. Rdrivera2005
Town. Did not give a shit who was daykilled. Just making wagons for fun. Very strong town vibes to not have passionate scum reads after day 1 and focusing more on generating info. If he is scum, I don't think any of his partners were close to be bloc.

16. Damo666
Null. I can't read Damo. He never gives reasons behind anything he does as any alignment. He also scum reads me in literally every game we've played so that's not alignment indicative either.

17. kgray
So townie in a multi that she's scummy slot that always exists.

18. Macca573
I'm out of time, no idea.

captainmeme

#1884 Post by captainmeme » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:35 pm

I saw your question I just don't think it deserves an answer

brainbomb

#1885 Post by brainbomb » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:39 pm

captainmeme wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:35 pm
I saw your question I just don't think it deserves an answer
wouldst thou fancy a sporting match of rocket league mayhaps?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1886 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:39 pm

I can’t tell if Flum constantly saying that “oh in this setup scum will be hunting other scum so townreads for scumhunting must be taken with a grain of salt” is coming from a helpful town perspective warning everyone of a valid dynamic, or if it is just scum Flum trying to push this narrative to discourage people from finding townreads

snowy801

#1888 Post by snowy801 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:46 pm

meme now that d1 was a failure in your eye what do you imagine you'd try to do d2?

captainmeme

#1889 Post by captainmeme » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:51 pm

idk probably townslip

brainbomb

#1890 Post by brainbomb » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:54 pm

durga didnt know that scum had no daychat on discord
she townslipped too

everyones a clear guys

snowy801

#1891 Post by snowy801 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:58 pm

No mafia game pog

snowy801

#1892 Post by snowy801 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:59 pm

captainmeme wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:51 pm
idk probably townslip
Do it now and get it over with

brainbomb

#1893 Post by brainbomb » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:00 pm

On another note
everyone who got a role pm got an invite to m71 discord

since people assume that scum would go invisible while on discord - to conceal that they are online : what do we assume this means about the people who remained visible last night?

I noticed a number of names were online at a fairly late hour. my general question is that I never go invisble on discord at all, and some people also dont. but the newer folks like flying boat and sabi, chrisv…

should we even be looking at the discord if we arent scum? should we be checking who is online there but not here? is it even fair to try to game discord as if its part of this game?

finally:
if scum all opted to hide invisibly on discord so people wouldnt see them online; wouldnt that make the visible people more likely to be town (other than the exceptions of some folk who just are always online on discord)

TheMadMonarch

#1894 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:01 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:13 pm
captainmeme wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:51 pm
yo this +1 feature is really useful for telling where you've read up to
If you go to the Forum Games page and click on the blinking icon to the left of the "Mafia 71" thread title, it will take you to the last page you were on.
Alternately, never close the tab.

TheMadMonarch

#1895 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:04 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:00 pm
On another note

since people assume that scum would go invisible while on discord - to conceal that they are online : what do we assume this means about the people who remained visible last night?

I noticed a number of names were online at a fairly late hour. my general question is that I never go invisble on discord at all, and some people also dont. but the newer folks like flying boat and sabi, chrisv…

should we even be looking at the discord if we arent scum? should we be checking who is online there but not here? is it even fair to try to game discord as if its part of this game?

finally:
if scum all opted to hide invisibly on discord so people wouldnt see them online; wouldnt that make the visible people more likely to be town (other than the exceptions of some folk who just are always online on discord)
I think analyzing online status is fair game (just as it is with forum online status), but also allows next to no conclusions. I know that I, personally, never close discord and am therefore online all the time, and I have mates who are just permanently invisible.

brainbomb

#1896 Post by brainbomb » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:05 pm

Macca573 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:04 pm
brainbomb wrote:
On another note

finally:
I think analyzing online status is fair game (just as it is with forum online status), but also allows next to no conclusions. I know that I, personally, never close discord and am therefore online all the time, and I have mates who are just permanently invisible.
yea and why are you not on sock drawer? our community needs you

snowy801

#1897 Post by snowy801 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:06 pm

brainbomb wrote:
On another note

finally:
So discord online-ness is available when you're on at all, not when you're browsing a specific forum like webdip does

Someone could be reading Twilight fanfiction in some gods-forsaken corner of the internet and you'd be seeing "ogm they scum chattin"

I wouldn't read too much into it

TheMadMonarch

#1898 Post by TheMadMonarch » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:06 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:05 pm
Macca573 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:04 pm
brainbomb wrote:
On another note

finally:
yea and why are you not on sock drawer? our community needs you
:shrug:

I mean, I can be if you want. There will probably be mass absence though.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1899 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:07 pm

Brain seems about 30% as relentless in pursuing things than normal.

brainbomb

#1900 Post by brainbomb » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:09 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:07 pm
Brain seems about 30% as relentless in pursuing things than normal.
I was responsible for championing a day one kill on a friend of mine and got it wrong. I feel a certain amount of guilt and responsibility for that failure. Id like to let someone else steer and be as not toxic as possible. I pressed that
bona was scum at 110% and I was flawed in my reasoning.

I am humbled and as such I feel less like forcing my opinion onto others