Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia XXXIV Game Thread - Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

#381 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:01 pm

@Brain and RJ - Could you agree to disagree and move on? You are just saying the same thing over and over and this is detrimental to the thread.

bozotheclown

#382 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:03 pm

Sorry for my long absence, I am now caught up on the game.

I doubt brainbomb is the real gunsmith, but I think he is more likely to make a fake gunsmith claim as town. He did seem to get defensive when receiving votes, and citing how seldom he has been scum in the past as a defense is questionable. However, I would be surprised if he started the game with a fake gunsmith claim as scum.

I agree that some of the things yavuzovic has said sound suspicious, but I learned last game that he can say and do some very suspicious things as town.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#383 Post by peterlund » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:06 pm

Sorry for my intrusion, but I just want to inform you all that the bot (mafia.peterlund.se) now is up again and is presenting its vote count. It was a one character bug in the code reading the new forum format.

bozotheclown

#384 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:10 pm

Thanks for getting the bot back online. If it is accurate, DemonRHK and yavuzovic are leading the vote with three each.

MeanLaQueefa

#385 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:11 pm

I’m doubling down on balki. :)

I see in him as a player who possesses the ability to be harmful to town whichever alignment he actually is. He is smart, brain even mentioned how he was hoping he’d “solve this game” like he’s been good in the past, but hasn’t done anything helpful today.

He argued pointedly, with lukewarm accusations, about several of RHK's statements that had obvious answers to anyone who has read the setup, immediately after tom voted for him on just gut, which would be a great strategy for an opportunistic mafia to subtly cast shade on someone already getting heat, and then he just backed away courteously.

With Ezio's vote following immediately afterward and people arguing over demon all day with more votes falling on him, it seems like he had some impact on demon's perception in the game. Especially when you consider Tom and Ezio didn't have an argument for voting for him, tom was just gut and ezio just said he was "the best lynch." No one would see balki as someone really contributing to RHK's heat because he didn't follow it up with a vote, but he helped lay the foundation for him to be someone to be seriously considered for today's lynch, which for D1 can happen for even the borkiest of reasons.

If he is mafia, this could be a brilliant play. Thing is, if he is town, there isn't motivation for it, it is just bad for town. Him pushing demon after tom's vote is just gunna lead dumb and disconnected town to think he is a viable target and vote for him. Now he openly town reads demon, washing his hands of the matter even further.

He is now pushing Jamie on trivial crap again with the same loose reasoning. That whole argument felt like Balki trying to find an easy place to put his vote that wouldn't seem out of place, so why not push the guy people have described as "acting less belligerent than usual," get into a dumb argument and cast an emotional vote that people can easily understand. Thing is, he seems too smart to have this bad of arguments and pushes.

Then there was the weird gentlemanly way he responded to my accusation of him, endorsing me as town, pretty much exclusively for pushing him. It just feels like he’s trying to manipulate me and others into thinking he’s a rational actor when every other decision he’s made this game has been based on borky reasoning and I’d argue has been anti-town.

Having lengthy arguments on the pedantics of what people say doesn’t catch mafia. RHK defended himself without getting bogged down in it, but has been pulled into it by other people throughout the day. Jamie has had more of these dumb arguments, both with balki and other people, but people seem to act like he’s acting "less belligerent than usual", so I give him a pass. I still don’t like Jamie for pushing people who aren’t playing though.

Based on his posts and what people have said about his past play, he seems like he is an intelligent player, and I could believe him trying to mastermind a lot of his interactions with people. However, even if he isn't mafia, I think his play is bad for town anyway, so I'd be okay with losing him as a town player too. The way he plays really rustles my jimmies :P

MeanLaQueefa

#386 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:13 pm

sorry for the long post, but balki has a lot of stuff that seems really off to me.

TL;DR: Balki is bad, too smart to be acting this stupid, and little town motivation for his stupid actions.

thamrick

#387 Post by thamrick » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:21 pm

I've got to do some work around the house. Be back in a couple hours for EoD. I'll post more about reads then, but for now

Rjmcf still acting weird. I don't get it. He is so focused on this Mean thing with BB. I'm leaving my vote there for now.

I agree that some of the usual suspects that I'd expect to be more actively hunting town aren't doing any hunting. I expected more of Jamiet, ND, and Balki. I'm not sure about scumminess of them, but something is off.

BB unhinging. Only D1.

Reasonably strong townreads on RHK, Foxcastle, rdrivera.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#388 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:23 pm

Thoughts catching up from where I went to sleep:

Rj finally puts some explanation behind his read on Mean, while not good reasoning, and highly transitive, starts to read a bit more neutral.

Brain has townread a fuckton of people that have nearly no posts.

Balki stating that 2 players attacking each other might be scum v town. Not exactly groundbreaking.

Jamie voting up our other super lurker, Fox with the sheep. Snowy pushed it then went ND instead. It's a weak lynch for infomation but I welcome a lurk = lynch meta.

Yavu seems lost without the bot, and his interaction has fallen as a result. The ND interactions are still really weird.

Bozo, after a huge absence, draws a conclusion most people came up with on by page 5 and deflects from Yavu.

---

So I want to bring up the votes on me. Maniac, Ezio, and Tom. Tom has fallen off the face of the earth, Ezio is only showing up to say 'fuck RHK', and Maniac's vote is publicly based off of me doing what I said I was going to, because someone else thought I wouldn't. On top of this, Steve has what seems to be a joke scumread on me? A full 42 hours in and has contributed as much as Vash.

I'm going to ##Vote Tom, mostly to try to get him to come back and participate, and to see if he still stands by his vote of me. In the meantime, I still think Yavu is scum, as well as Ezio, with leans on Jamie and Bozo for now.

brainbomb

#389 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:26 pm

Tom being scum does sort of make some sense. I would think he wouldve reconsidered you by now. His arguments on you were refuted

brainbomb

#390 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:30 pm

Wait leans on jamie ezio and bozo.

Wtf are you saying you lean them as?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#391 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:31 pm

Scum leans, sorry if it wasn't clear.

MeanLaQueefa

#392 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:34 pm

Brainbomb, you believe balki to be scum correct? At this point, I don't think there's a strong enough argument against ND to get him lynched. If you think both balki and I are scum, why not help me kill him? You'd even be helping save RHK who you read as town. What's the harm? :)

ND

#393 Post by ND » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:47 pm

##UNVOTE

##VOTE Brainbomb

Screw it. Brain is scum. Snowy is also scum.

Less sure on Yav and Jamie now.

MeanLaQueefa

#394 Post by MeanLaQueefa » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:50 pm

I want to remind the room that voting brainbomb is literally the stupidest thing you can do, because we will know if he is the gunslinger tomorrow for sure. If you're right, you're killing an idiot scum with a hunch who you could have just as easily killed with certainty tomorrow, and if you're wrong, you're killing one of town's most valuable people.

:|

bozotheclown

#395 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:52 pm

DemonRHK switching off of yavuzovic leaves himself in first with three votes. DemonRHK seems to be trying to solve the game, so I do not think he should be the first lynch. No one from the group with two votes stands out to me as particularly suspicious. I found reedeer1 early posts suspicious, first claiming a list of reads, then presenting a list with no reasoning, then voting with minimal explanation. I am going to put my vote on reedeer1 for now.

##VOTE reedeer1

Foxcastle

#396 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:53 pm

Lurkers, still too many lurkers. This is a problem. It's a problem now, where scum can go hide among a bunch of other players not saying anything. They just have to let town lynch town, and the active scum can do their thing knowing that, since they're not interacting with scum lurkers, there won't be hints and clues to trace later on. In the late game, though, town lurkers can be deadly and hand the game to scum simply by not participating.

I don't scumread RHK, so am unhappy with his wagon leading.

I think scum is rjm, ND, and Yavuz. There's this triangle of weird interactions... Yavuz voting ND with no explanation, then backing off. Rjm and ND discussing gun mechanics, but then later ND seems uncertain of how the gun works; a small thing, but it's strange to explain the mechanic so clearly on page 3 but then express a little uncertainty on page 7. Yavuz stating clearly that he thinks rjm is town (p 13) could be trying to cover his scumbuddy. Then there's rjm on his own, with the whole "Mean is a potential town leader" thing that Brain exacerbated, but rjm's response seemed an effort to retcon what he said ("I didn’t say that mean is a town leader! I said that mean was a target for scum because they might see her as a town leader!").

Ezio

#397 Post by Ezio » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:54 pm

Mean, you're making a normal mistake about bb because you haven't played with him before.
He claims literally every game, usually multiple times a game. He does this as town or as scum.
Regardless of there being another gunslinger, which I'm certain there will be, you have to analyze bb on the rest of his play not just the fact he fakeclaimed. For that reason saying we'll know for certain his alignment tomorrow is a mistake.

Foxcastle

#398 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:57 pm

MeanLaQueefa wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:50 pm
I want to remind the room that voting brainbomb is literally the stupidest thing you can do, because we will know if he is the gunslinger tomorrow for sure. If you're right, you're killing an idiot scum with a hunch who you could have just as easily killed with certainty tomorrow, and if you're wrong, you're killing one of town's most valuable people.

:|
Will we know tomorrow? We might want to hold off on confirming that PR, so that scum don't kill him off and prevent all 4 guns getting out. The witch makes protecting the gunsmith with the nurse iffy.

Just kidding, scum love it when the guns go out, because they might get one, and townies shooting townies adds to the confusion.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#399 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:01 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:53 pm
I think scum is rjm, ND, and Yavuz. There's this triangle of weird interactions... Yavuz voting ND with no explanation, then backing off. Rjm and ND discussing gun mechanics, but then later ND seems uncertain of how the gun works;
I don't agree with that logic on ND and Rj. He's played too much to throw himself away as scum openly discussing something like that in the daytime just to interact with or save a scumbuddy. Yavu and ND are still weird together though.

brainbomb

#400 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:02 pm

I dont want doc protection. If scum wants to kill me they can.