MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#1201 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:04 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:50 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:49 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:40 pm

I always thought it took a lot to actually get ghug fired up to saying he felt bullied. He usually has such an authoritative way of expressing things which seldom shows self doubt or feelings being hurt. Am I way off on this?
He's always had a low threshold before commenting on things he thinks are bullshit/unfair/mean in my experience. His authoritative nature goes hand in hand with not being afraid to express how he's feeling.
him actually saying in game he felt attacked or emotionally hurt was a wrinkle I hadnt ever seen.
He may have a rough exterior, but ghuggles is like a cuddly teddy bear inside that shell. As much as I try, I just can't stay mad at that guy

Durga

#1202 Post by Durga » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:04 pm

I agree with (I think rdr?) whoever said Tom was NAI. Having two scum teams makes it annoying because scum are also scum hunting.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1203 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:07 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:04 pm
I agree with (I think rdr?) whoever said Tom was NAI. Having two scum teams makes it annoying because scum are also scum hunting.
Rdr did say this in agreement with a post of mine. This is the second time you've agreed with a post of mine without realizing it

Durga

#1204 Post by Durga » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:10 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:07 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:04 pm
Rdr did say this in agreement with a post of mine. This is the second time you've agreed with a post of mine without realizing it
Damn

Durga

#1205 Post by Durga » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:11 pm

I'm sorry you took over the Eden slot and I didn't read 90 percent of his posts so for continuity's sake....

BesharamSabi

#1206 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:11 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:56 pm
Sabi that kind of stuff is not helpful
It's helpful for me. It makes sense in my head. Helps bring back up people's reads and causes people to reread them. Helps make connections of reads to people. Lots of stuff comes out of these questions.

Durga, why do you think these questions are not helpful?
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:59 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:55 pm
Well I misplaced my phone so I have to rely on my laptop for this. Going to take advantage of this distraction free zone to get some stuff done before my parents visit.

While I am getting stuff done I will think about who to vote for. Obviously my bona vote was a joke vote. But yea be back in a few hours or before if I find my phone.

Also I will have to reread the squigs/brainbomb, brainbomb/durga, and snow/kgrey interaction. lots of questionable stuff there.

In the mean time, hopefully some of yall will answer this for me:

@everyone:

whos reads have you agreed with the most and why, it can't be about you.

also whic read have you disagreed with the most, also cant be about you.
I probably trust the judgement of kgray more than anyone in this game even If i dont align completely with their reads. I feel they are town here and I feel like town is in good shape with kgray around.

I mistrust damos reads the most because he made a large list of town and said he was very close to having the game solved and my name wasnt on his list and I feel I am pretty far out of my scum meta here. but even in spite of that I felt it was a challenge to get on damos list rather than that it makes me sus of him. I think damo is town who has not extended an olive branch to me for considering me town
Thank you for responding Brain bomb. I appreciate it.

Some follow up questions:

Which of kgrey reads do you agree with?

What aspect of her reads do you not align with completely?

Why do you think damo doesnt consider you town?

Thank you!
kgray wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:00 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:55 pm
Well I misplaced my phone so I have to rely on my laptop for this. Going to take advantage of this distraction free zone to get some stuff done before my parents visit.

While I am getting stuff done I will think about who to vote for. Obviously my bona vote was a joke vote. But yea be back in a few hours or before if I find my phone.

Also I will have to reread the squigs/brainbomb, brainbomb/durga, and snow/kgrey interaction. lots of questionable stuff there.

In the mean time, hopefully some of yall will answer this for me:

@everyone:

whos reads have you agreed with the most and why, it can't be about you.

also whic read have you disagreed with the most, also cant be about you.
Very curious to know what you think was questionable in my interaction with snowy.

Without looking back on anything, my instinct is that I agree with Tom (I remember really liking a list of his townreads) and disagree with snowy (mostly because of our opposite Eden/squigs reads)
What was questionable was coming from snowy side, not yours, in that conversation. Mainly his whole argument that scum would sub out and the fact his predecessor subbed out for non emergency reasons is like huh worthy.

What did you think about his argument when it comes to eden being subbed out compared to his our sub situation?

Thank you for responding to my questions!

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1207 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:12 pm

I do like Maccas idgaf attitude as well, but I'm a little cautious at them claiming Tom's defense was weak when at least two of his points seemed like clear and effective rebuttals. Most notably Macca criticized Tom for jumping on a TFB wagon and Tom replied by pointing out that he was the one who started the wagon. Idk but it seems like Macca is more concerned about going on the offensive than actually being correct

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1208 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:14 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:11 pm
I'm sorry you took over the Eden slot and I didn't read 90 percent of his posts so for continuity's sake....
Lol it's okay, the important part is that you are actually commenting and weighing in on other people's posts even if you don't recall the author

Durga

#1209 Post by Durga » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:17 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:12 pm
I do like Maccas idgaf attitude as well, but I'm a little cautious at them claiming Tom's defense was weak when at least two of his points seemed like clear and effective rebuttals. Most notably Macca criticized Tom for jumping on a TFB wagon and Tom replied by pointing out that he was the one who started the wagon. Idk but it seems like Macca is more concerned about going on the offensive than actually being correct
Yeah I mean macca's analysis was garbage but it was done so brazenly that I respected it

Durga

#1211 Post by Durga » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:18 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:14 pm
Durga wrote:
Lol it's okay, the important part is that you are actually commenting and weighing in on other people's posts even if you don't recall the author
Lmao I am reading your posts!! I just don't remember everything

snowy801

#1212 Post by snowy801 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:19 pm

##vote Foxcastle I guess

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1213 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:19 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:17 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:12 pm
Yeah I mean macca's analysis was garbage but it was done so brazenly that I respected it
I think Macca is trying to justify a gut read with some (bad) logic. I don't think it's so unusual for them. Anyway, I don't think Tom is a good D1 wagon.

BesharamSabi

#1214 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:23 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:06 pm
When I said I had a secret scumread earlier on, it was Flying boat, but I don't have any strong reasons why. It's just a gut feel that he's trying to be placating.

I admit it's weak. Day 1s are hard because the daykill is never killed for a very good reason because there isn't much to go off.

I wouldn't hate a damo kill either because I can never read him anymore anyway.
Hi Flum,

Just a few follow up questions to this post:

What posts from the flying boat boy gave you these vibes or was it his general presence this game?

Do you have any examples of him placating?

Why do you feel damo is a good day 1 kill besides for the fact you cant read him?

Not related to this post but how do you feel about people making a wagon for meme due to his no kill stance but not for you either? Why him over you? Do you think its scum bussing their own?

Thank you ahead of the time if you ever do answers these.

snowy801

#1215 Post by snowy801 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:25 pm

rivera what do you think about all this multi scum nonsense? What metrics are you applying to your search?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1216 Post by kgray » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:27 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:48 pm
kgray you agreed with my reasoning on bona being scum.

any interest in joining this train?
I'm pretty anti-bona as a D1 kill because I feel like he's generally just a default vote. You did give a reason for your scumread and I could see bona doing what you said you think he's doing, but so far he's not coming off as scum to me.

To be fair, though, nobody is coming off strongly as scum.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1217 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:33 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:27 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:48 pm
kgray you agreed with my reasoning on bona being scum.

any interest in joining this train?
I'm pretty anti-bona as a D1 kill because I feel like he's generally just a default vote. You did give a reason for your scumread and I could see bona doing what you said you think he's doing, but so far he's not coming off as scum to me.

To be fair, though, nobody is coming off strongly as scum.
This game will be much more about finding townreads than scumreads. When we flip scum, wagon analysis is less useful because there will be three scum who did not know that the flip was a scum.

I’m team townhunt and POE anyway, but this setup is built for it even more.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1218 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:36 pm

It’s really quite frustrating because as Durga says scum is hunting scum in this setup….so yeah.

Durga

#1219 Post by Durga » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:37 pm

Tbh I think we really have to just hope that they kill each other at night

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1220 Post by kgray » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:38 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:

What was questionable was coming from snowy side, not yours, in that conversation. Mainly his whole argument that scum would sub out and the fact his predecessor subbed out for non emergency reasons is like huh worthy.

What did you think about his argument when it comes to eden being subbed out compared to his our sub situation?

Thank you for responding to my questions!
I didn't personally think snowy seemed defensive talking about mafia being more likely to sub out, but it's an interesting point. I do think he focused on Eden subbing out more than I was, but I don't think that's alignment indicative since others were talking about Eden subbing out being a town indicator. It seemed more like a way for snowy to justify his scumread on Eden (but not necessarily in a scummy way, I don't think).

In terms of snowy's own sub situation, then for snowy to be scum he'd have had to be trying to reverse-psychology me into townreading him, because I disagreed with the premise that scum are more likely to sub out, and it seems counterproductive for scum!snowy to project that belief into the thread. But, ya know. wifom I guess