MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#1181 Post by kgray » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:28 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:26 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:00 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:00 pm
I don't really want to kill ghug yet he keeps agreeing with me
that's why he's sus
This feels like revenge...
Hey at least I gave a reason. Besides, I don’t hold grudges 😇

brainbomb

#1182 Post by brainbomb » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:29 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:27 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:25 pm
are you super excited yet ghug?
No, people were mean to me and it sapped the psych.
I always thought you had a very high threshold for such things. when did you become a soft hearted gnomeghuggle

TheFlyingBoat

#1183 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:30 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:21 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:19 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:23 pm

were good man.
can you indulge me just the slightest and look back at that quote from flyingboat that I posted.

and just again; indulge me for a moment: if he were to flip mafia, how do you feel about that quote? how do you feel about the names he listed? what is the liklihood he listed a teammate in that grouping? what are the odds he listed both his teammates in that? or none?

just humor me and thats all I ask. what are your opinions on that outside of “we dont have time to wonder about possibilities”.
I just want to run you off this thread right now. It was a joke mocking the entire alliance for existing not an actual claim that I have 5 solid scumreads and those 5 were it
honestly.
there is no need for this, I was blasted for this and I admit I misunderstood. I also
am no longer voting for you or pushing for your death
Sorry I only saw your second message and not the number of replies which came after as I am still going through the overall thread and I still have not caught up to the front and am just replying as I go with. And when I said run you off the thread I just meant that line of questioning not the general thread. Didn't mean to come off overly aggressive or anything. Kinda weird you got this defensive about it but whatever I don't think it's AI or anything.

brainbomb

#1184 Post by brainbomb » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:33 pm

just defensive because it caused a bunch of hostile dialogue which couldve been avoided had I read more adequately

Fluminator

#1185 Post by Fluminator » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:34 pm

Ok I was not expecting this amount of suspicion on Tom to appear. I think he's town now.

TheFlyingBoat

#1186 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:35 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:55 pm
Well I misplaced my phone so I have to rely on my laptop for this. Going to take advantage of this distraction free zone to get some stuff done before my parents visit.

While I am getting stuff done I will think about who to vote for. Obviously my bona vote was a joke vote. But yea be back in a few hours or before if I find my phone.

Also I will have to reread the squigs/brainbomb, brainbomb/durga, and snow/kgrey interaction. lots of questionable stuff there.

In the mean time, hopefully some of yall will answer this for me:

@everyone:

whos reads have you agreed with the most and why, it can't be about you.

also whic read have you disagreed with the most, also cant be about you.
Quickly checked the bot to make sure you hadn't answered this question yet. Can you explain why you think those interactions you listed are shady? Just dropping it and bouncing for the rest of the day isn't helpful to town

Fluminator

#1187 Post by Fluminator » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:38 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:29 pm
ghug wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:25 pm
are you super excited yet ghug?
I always thought you had a very high threshold for such things. when did you become a soft hearted gnomeghuggle
When did you have that impression? How?

brainbomb

#1188 Post by brainbomb » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:39 pm

I cant tell if people are shutting sabi down or coaching. it feels like people are trying to handcuff sabi from playing in their voice and I find silencing much more harmful to town than supposed bad questions

snowy801

#1189 Post by snowy801 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:40 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:34 pm
Ok I was not expecting this amount of suspicion on Tom to appear. I think he's town now.
In this line of logic could be one scum team member being targeted by another

brainbomb

#1190 Post by brainbomb » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:40 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:38 pm
brainbomb wrote:
ghug wrote:

I always thought it took a lot to actually get ghug fired up to saying he felt bullied. He usually has such an authoritative way of expressing things which seldom shows self doubt or feelings being hurt. Am I way off on this?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1191 Post by kgray » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:42 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Is that because you think scum are pushing him or just because he’s no longer as townread in general so your reverse psychology logic doesn’t support him being scum?

Fluminator

#1192 Post by Fluminator » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:44 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:40 pm
Fluminator wrote:
In this line of logic could be one scum team member being targeted by another
Yeah very true. uggh why are we doing multi

BesharamSabi

#1193 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:47 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:35 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:55 pm
Well I misplaced my phone so I have to rely on my laptop for this. Going to take advantage of this distraction free zone to get some stuff done before my parents visit.

While I am getting stuff done I will think about who to vote for. Obviously my bona vote was a joke vote. But yea be back in a few hours or before if I find my phone.

Also I will have to reread the squigs/brainbomb, brainbomb/durga, and snow/kgrey interaction. lots of questionable stuff there.

In the mean time, hopefully some of yall will answer this for me:

@everyone:

whos reads have you agreed with the most and why, it can't be about you.

also whic read have you disagreed with the most, also cant be about you.
Quickly checked the bot to make sure you hadn't answered this question yet. Can you explain why you think those interactions you listed are shady? Just dropping it and bouncing for the rest of the day isn't helpful to town
First off you know today I needed to focus today so that's why I bounced. I legit complained to you yesterday that I had. Alot of stuff to do before my parents came.

I was going to come back in a few hours. Anyway after rereading the interactions, only snowy being weird about those who sub out are scum take with kgrey was weird since his situation it's that. His weird defensive take that only scum sub out is what raised an eyebrow.

The brain bomb Squigs & brain bomb durga thing I chalked up to weird misunderstanding

All I needed to do was reread.

Anyway I'm going back to cleaning. Yell at me if you see me on discord or on here before 2 pm CST.

brainbomb

#1194 Post by brainbomb » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:48 pm

kgray you agreed with my reasoning on bona being scum.

any interest in joining this train?

Fluminator

#1195 Post by Fluminator » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:49 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fluminator wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

I always thought it took a lot to actually get ghug fired up to saying he felt bullied. He usually has such an authoritative way of expressing things which seldom shows self doubt or feelings being hurt. Am I way off on this?
He's always had a low threshold before commenting on things he thinks are bullshit/unfair/mean in my experience. His authoritative nature goes hand in hand with not being afraid to express how he's feeling.

TheFlyingBoat

#1196 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:50 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:06 pm
I'm curious how the invalid vote boat man feels about all the suspicion on him. Don't think I've read any reactions
I mean I don't think there's much there there to any of them. I've been accused of playing scared, which is just lolz. Ghug voted for me without explanation. Squigs thinks I have been posting weird and not saying much but I disagree with the latter and would argue that my posts don't differ in character or nature from previous games. He also thinks I focus on townslips too much, which is weird and bad according to him but then he also admits half the game is focusing on it (I'd argue I was less focused on it that probably a third of the players were). I saw you vote for me which made me sad (though technically it was invalid) and then you switched to Squigs which made me happy (insofar as you weren't voting me, I don't like the vote because it's Eden's slot).

But yeah with the basis of attacks so bad I didn't think there was any need to really respond to them until things became more serious. But here we are close to the deadline and you asked and therefore I felt obligated to respond.

brainbomb

#1197 Post by brainbomb » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:50 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:49 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fluminator wrote:

He's always had a low threshold before commenting on things he thinks are bullshit/unfair/mean in my experience. His authoritative nature goes hand in hand with not being afraid to express how he's feeling.
him actually saying in game he felt attacked or emotionally hurt was a wrinkle I hadnt ever seen.

Fluminator

#1198 Post by Fluminator » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:53 pm

kgray wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:42 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Is that because you think scum are pushing him or just because he’s no longer as townread in general so your reverse psychology logic doesn’t support him being scum?
I didn't think it through fully but sort of a mix of both lol.
My original suspicion was half joke/half genuine, but I do find the new suspicion on him somewhat notable.

Durga

#1199 Post by Durga » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:02 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:53 pm
kgray wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:42 pm
Fluminator wrote:
I didn't think it through fully but sort of a mix of both lol.
My original suspicion was half joke/half genuine, but I do find the new suspicion on him somewhat notable.
It's like two people?

Durga

#1200 Post by Durga » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:03 pm

Macca idgaf attitude is good vibes