MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Fluminator

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#641 Post by Fluminator » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:51 pm

Only 2 more until Llama comes in though now

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#642 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:51 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:46 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:24 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:08 pm

in what way?
Just his tone seems a little off, like he's unsure of himself, even in the joke phase
Can you point to any posts that make you think this? He's got his usual contextless and confident reads, and he brashly called out Flum's nonsense. I'm not seeing anything that makes me think he's unsure of himself
His unvote of Fox. The 2 questions he most recently asked (usually he will just state those types of things as facts). He even started a post with "I suppose". Nothing big but it is still pinging me a little

BesharamSabi

#643 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:52 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:15 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:07 pm
Hi yall, going to step out for a couple of hours. There's a lot of stuff happening at once for me so I am a bit overwhelmed. I need to do my more pressing stuff first. Can't divide all my attention with every little thing right now.

Yes foxcastle, your essay will be ready when I'm back.

Squigs I will also be waiting for your essay topic as well since like father like son.

Anyone else, send me questions and what not by @sabi so I can find them easily when I get back.

OK see yall in the evening or night. Bye, love you all.

Please don't talk trash about me.
I have requested no essay from you. :?
You kinda did by asking for my opinion on 9 random people so I am treating this as an mini essay. There is logic to my list, I inputted everyones names to random.org to make my list so you can save time on analyzing my choices for the list. Here is the screenshot of the generation: https://imgur.com/Z3f08zN

Heres the list:
  • rdrivera2005 - he is a lot more talkative than previous games I had with him, still don't understand why he is so relaxed in this set up, also dont under stand why he is so quick to town read me???

Fluminator - Only played one game with him, hes a shitposter, i don't understand his logic in regards to having a no kill for day 1. kinda sus.

ghug - rather annoyed that he pissed off eden to the point he quit the game. just wanted one game without a bad fight. besides that this seems like day 1 ghug, hard to read per ususal.

ChrisVis - new guy, seems way too concerned about bona reading his online status. need him to post more, i promise we dont bite.

bozotheclown - bozo is the same as other games, mia the first day, questions any of my outside of the game connections with people in mafia, need more from him

Bonatogether - as i have said for like three games now, i cant read bona. bona is hard for me to read because he comes off as discord bona. guess have to wait till d3 or d4, barring both of us are still alive, to be able to read him somewhat.

TheFlyingBoat - besides give me the mech response, which i forgot about till someone reminded me, he hasnt posted anything noteworthy. his meh ness is sus.

brainbomb - i get what hes trying to do here with this early game pressure on people. its a weird strategy. dont necessary agree with his reads so far

Durga - hasnt posted anything remember able or noteworthy yet which i guess is off for her but maybe shes warming up to this game. where is durga the lawyer at?

Hope that pleases you Mr. Fox.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#644 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:54 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:47 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:42 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:38 pm

i disagree on both counts
As in you think he's faking it and is scum?
i don't think his frustration is out of line from most people and scum probably would fake it
Can you point to another instance of frustration like this if it's common?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#645 Post by kgray » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:54 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:41 pm
He admitted to faking townslips in his goodbye post, so that’s something…
I don't even see anything that could be a townslip? lol

BesharamSabi

#646 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:56 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:51 pm
Llama broke my brain so no thank you. I cant trust him after he buddied me in the last game. I felt like a fool and feel like the town lost because of me being an idiot by believing in him.

But the speed we need subs (Macca is probably not going to post) he will be next in line.

Anyway anyone but Llama please and thank you. That is all

Bonatogether

#647 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:00 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:54 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:47 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:42 pm

As in you think he's faking it and is scum?
i don't think his frustration is out of line from most people and scum probably would fake it
Can you point to another instance of frustration like this if it's common?
no, cause that'd require finding it on the bot :sick:

Bonatogether

#648 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:01 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:56 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:51 pm
Llama broke my brain so no thank you. I cant trust him after he buddied me in the last game. I felt like a fool and feel like the town lost because of me being an idiot by believing in him.

But the speed we need subs (Macca is probably not going to post) he will be next in line.

Anyway anyone but Llama please and thank you. That is all
i will be very sad if macca doesn't post

BesharamSabi

#649 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:01 pm

ChrisVis wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:36 pm
Sorry folks, I'm leaving. Not coming back.

I've been reading as fast as I can, and even skimming over posts. I got to page 21, having read mostly puerile, illogical and ill-conceived drivel. Now I see there are 31 pages. Best for me to drop out now.

The mechanics of this game make it unsuitable for people who value their time. There seems to be an incentive for participants to flood the forum with meaningless verbiage, perhaps to drown out any cogent analysis. I might play again in a forum where each player has a limit to the volume they can publish. That will encourage players to think before they post drivel.

Best wishes to my successor. I have not given any clues as to the role I have been assigned, other than my disingenuous so-called "townslip" which nobody noticed anyway, no doubt because they, like me, don't have time to read all the crude wordiness.

Bye. ChrisVis.
I am sorry that this game was a lot for you. It takes a special kind of person with no life to play this game. This is why are here.

I am also sorry your short term here was not enjoyable.

Also rude on hating long posts. Some of us enjoy the word throw up.

Anyway good bye. I hope ##call a gm was notified of this. ##ask a gm.

Durga

#650 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:05 pm

ChrisVis wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:36 pm
Sorry folks, I'm leaving. Not coming back.

I've been reading as fast as I can, and even skimming over posts. I got to page 21, having read mostly puerile, illogical and ill-conceived drivel. Now I see there are 31 pages. Best for me to drop out now.

The mechanics of this game make it unsuitable for people who value their time. There seems to be an incentive for participants to flood the forum with meaningless verbiage, perhaps to drown out any cogent analysis. I might play again in a forum where each player has a limit to the volume they can publish. That will encourage players to think before they post drivel.

Best wishes to my successor. I have not given any clues as to the role I have been assigned, other than my disingenuous so-called "townslip" which nobody noticed anyway, no doubt because they, like me, don't have time to read all the crude wordiness.

Bye. ChrisVis.
This is so funny I love this

Fluminator

#651 Post by Fluminator » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:07 pm

It's an understandable rookie move Chris made in trying to read every post that is made.

I'm rereading trying to find this fake townslip, and I think he got offended being called scum? I think he thinks people are actually calling people scum on a personal level? idk

Fluminator

#652 Post by Fluminator » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:13 pm

ChrisVis wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:09 am
President Eden wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:25 am
@Chris, in Discord click the gear icon on the bottom left next to the headphones, scroll down to “Activity Status” under “Activity Settings,” and toggle “Display current activity as a status message.” (The bubble should go from green to grey.) Discord’s default setting is unfortunately very intrusive.
Thanks, Eden. I'll try that. Apart from being intrusive, I find Discord to be meddlesome and prying. For example, how did Discord know I was playing AoE2? Of course, Steam would know that I was playing, but is Discord connected to Steam?

I've seen a few disingenuous posts here today, and I can't resist the temptation to post one myself. It's about Discord. Here goes ....

I'm going to ignore what you said about Discord, Eden. It's much better if I just close down Discord and be done with it!
I think his "townslip" was he was going to never log on to discord again, implying he wasn't on a scum team.
That's actually a pretty good one. I'll buy it it was a town motivated fake.
Chris Vis replacement can join my townlist.

Durga

#653 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:16 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:13 pm
ChrisVis wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:09 am
President Eden wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:25 am
@Chris, in Discord click the gear icon on the bottom left next to the headphones, scroll down to “Activity Status” under “Activity Settings,” and toggle “Display current activity as a status message.” (The bubble should go from green to grey.) Discord’s default setting is unfortunately very intrusive.
Thanks, Eden. I'll try that. Apart from being intrusive, I find Discord to be meddlesome and prying. For example, how did Discord know I was playing AoE2? Of course, Steam would know that I was playing, but is Discord connected to Steam?

I've seen a few disingenuous posts here today, and I can't resist the temptation to post one myself. It's about Discord. Here goes ....

I'm going to ignore what you said about Discord, Eden. It's much better if I just close down Discord and be done with it!
I think his "townslip" was he was going to never log on to discord again, implying he wasn't on a scum team.
That's actually a pretty good one. I'll buy it it was a town motivated fake.
Chris Vis replacement can join my townlist.
You can literally appear offline what

Fluminator

#654 Post by Fluminator » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:18 pm

Why are you trying to poke holes in a fake townslip lol

brainbomb

#655 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:19 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:55 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:05 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:45 pm

You know, if there's one game where no killing might make sense day 1, it's a multi.
Night kill analysis in multi is pretty big and gives us concrete stuff to work off and this first daykill phase feels much less important than usual.

I'll contact members of my alliance and ask if they'll agree.
Not to be an echo chamber but I will also ask huh. Flum why would not day killing help town?

I guess if I channeled this mindset it will force scum to choose to night kill who they wanted to push for day kill. I think that's the only thing we should get from doing that. Should the dayvig also not kill today in that scenario as well.

Am I seeing something you're not and if so could you please expand? Thank you.

---

@everyone

On topic of dayvig, in a game where that was a role how did it work exactly?
not a dayvig role, but an item:
brain pew pewed kgray
I was scum in that game so…

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#656 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:24 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:52 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:15 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:07 pm
Hi yall, going to step out for a couple of hours. There's a lot of stuff happening at once for me so I am a bit overwhelmed. I need to do my more pressing stuff first. Can't divide all my attention with every little thing right now.

Yes foxcastle, your essay will be ready when I'm back.

Squigs I will also be waiting for your essay topic as well since like father like son.

Anyone else, send me questions and what not by @sabi so I can find them easily when I get back.

OK see yall in the evening or night. Bye, love you all.

Please don't talk trash about me.
I have requested no essay from you. :?
You kinda did by asking for my opinion on 9 random people so I am treating this as an mini essay. There is logic to my list, I inputted everyones names to random.org to make my list so you can save time on analyzing my choices for the list. Here is the screenshot of the generation: https://imgur.com/Z3f08zN

Heres the list:
  • rdrivera2005 - he is a lot more talkative than previous games I had with him, still don't understand why he is so relaxed in this set up, also dont under stand why he is so quick to town read me???

Fluminator - Only played one game with him, hes a shitposter, i don't understand his logic in regards to having a no kill for day 1. kinda sus.

ghug - rather annoyed that he pissed off eden to the point he quit the game. just wanted one game without a bad fight. besides that this seems like day 1 ghug, hard to read per ususal.

ChrisVis - new guy, seems way too concerned about bona reading his online status. need him to post more, i promise we dont bite.

bozotheclown - bozo is the same as other games, mia the first day, questions any of my outside of the game connections with people in mafia, need more from him

Bonatogether - as i have said for like three games now, i cant read bona. bona is hard for me to read because he comes off as discord bona. guess have to wait till d3 or d4, barring both of us are still alive, to be able to read him somewhat.

TheFlyingBoat - besides give me the mech response, which i forgot about till someone reminded me, he hasnt posted anything noteworthy. his meh ness is sus.

brainbomb - i get what hes trying to do here with this early game pressure on people. its a weird strategy. dont necessary agree with his reads so far

Durga - hasnt posted anything remember able or noteworthy yet which i guess is off for her but maybe shes warming up to this game. where is durga the lawyer at?

Hope that pleases you Mr. Fox.
How about you be annoyed at Eden instead for being a dick to me and then quitting?

Durga

#657 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:24 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:18 pm
Why are you trying to poke holes in a fake townslip lol
How can that be his fake townslip when we're on d1 and a night hasn't even happened.

Durga

#658 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:26 pm

I'm on team ghug even though I haven't read the exchange

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#659 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:26 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:54 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:41 pm
He admitted to faking townslips in his goodbye post, so that’s something…
I don't even see anything that could be a townslip? lol
Me neither. Kinda feels towny to have said it on the way out, though.

brainbomb

#660 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:29 pm

I do townread ghug so that probably means ill be getting eliminated by a flash mob today led by him because he will say something like brain hasnt been brain enough yet