MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#501 Post by kgray » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:25 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:15 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:01 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:49 pm
I do agree with a few of yalls assessments on the flying boat man in regards to his style this game.

Maybe it's becuaee it's 14 hours into the game and we haven't gotten a non shit post contribution from him yet. Usually he will post his 300 word posts by now to flex his superiority complex and we haven't gotten that yet.

@TheFlyingBoat

So far whenever you catch up to this, what post so far has caught your eye and why? It can be good or bad.

Why were you concerned about Flum leaving you out of his alliance offer?

If you were supposedly cooking, why did you respond really quickly to ghug about your typo?
Nothing has caught my eye so far other than your townslip. Part of me thinks it is so blatantly staged it can't be true. I mean who unintentionally town slips like 4 times in a row in the first couple days? Then again maybe you do and it just is a real townslip.

I wasn't actually concerned about Flum leaving me out of his offer. I don't actually care. I was entirely fucking around.

Because it was a source of great shame and required an immediate explanation, duh.
What was the townslip and why do people think they are real?
Sabi thinking the mafia teams knew who was on the other team

brainbomb

#502 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:27 pm

sabi is town and the townslip is not why.
sabi is town because they ask questions and demand answers to them and this is obvious in the sheer amount of curiousity being shown

TheFlyingBoat

#503 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:29 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:49 pm
I do agree with a few of yalls assessments on the flying boat man in regards to his style this game.

Maybe it's becuaee it's 14 hours into the game and we haven't gotten a non shit post contribution from him yet. Usually he will post his 300 word posts by now to flex his superiority complex and we haven't gotten that yet.

@TheFlyingBoat

So far whenever you catch up to this, what post so far has caught your eye and why? It can be good or bad.

Why were you concerned about Flum leaving you out of his alliance offer?

If you were supposedly cooking, why did you respond really quickly to ghug about your typo?
Nothing has caught my eye so far other than your townslip. Part of me thinks it is so blatantly staged it can't be true. I mean who unintentionally town slips like 4 times in a row in the first couple days? Then again maybe you do and it just is a real townslip.

I wasn't actually concerned about Flum leaving me out of his offer. I don't actually care. I was entirely fucking around.

Because it was a source of great shame and required an immediate explanation, duh.
Sabi stating outright they believe that both mafia teams know the IDs of the other team. That's either mafia pretending to be mafia or Sabi misreading/not knowing the set up. Either way they think mafia should know something that based on my reading of the rules they do not.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#504 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:29 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:08 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:57 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:47 pm

Howdy.
on an unrelated note you look alot like Mina Kimes from espn.

also please dont mistake my read on you for being habitual. I have often townread you in the past; I dont get the usual vibe of tenacity from you so far. Usually someone says something really stupid or puts out some horrible plan for how to play day one like massclaims or no kill and youre the first to repudiate it. often a bad read you are first to repudiate as well.

I can attribute it to that you are still feeling the game out as well.

Hold up, in what world does Durga look like ESPN great Mina Kimes (tied for my favorite analyst with Pablo Torre)?
I did a google search, and only one picture even looked remotely like her lol. I don't think I see it.
In like one in five pictures I can sorta see it.

brainbomb

#505 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:29 pm

lfischl has turned over a new leaf.
not sure where to put him or how to interpret that, but ill reserve my opinion until a few phases in if im alive to see if he falls apart in post habits by day 2,3

Foxcastle

#506 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:30 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:23 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:14 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:57 pm

There's a lot of words I use a lot. Honestly is something I say a lot day to day lol just my manner of speech. I also say appreciate that quite a bit and what not in case you want to analyze my usage of appreciate that vs thank you in case you think it's a code. Much to think about.

I guess it does look sus if you don't know me but I will let those who know me can vouch for me.

I have no idea what else to say lol.

You never told me the results of my pop quiz hmm. Was I right or wrong?
Please do not answer questions that aren't directed at you. (In this case, it was unclear, but I think the context implies that it was for everyone else. Also, pretty much everyone on WebDip is abysmal at this, so don't worry about being singled out for it.)

The reason is: now all of the information I might have gleaned from other players responding is tainted because of your answer. I don't really care why you actually use that word, but I do care about what other people have to say about it (including defending it as a normal part of your speech).

Also, you failed the pop quiz.
Well sorry I just wanted to clarify since you don't know me at all. How I type/post on here is how I talk so like I am a bit defensive about that. I repeat words a lot but who doesn't.

But yea I won't answer any questions directed about me (that isn't also directed for me). Again I apologize for that, it's a force of habit.

Can you please explain how I failed the pop quiz and how my answer and explanation was incorrect?
No need to apologize, you didn't know.

The answer was scum. Scum want to appear consistent. Because scum always have an incentive to make you think they are town.

TheFlyingBoat

#507 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:30 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:29 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

Sabi stating outright they believe that both mafia teams know the IDs of the other team. That's either mafia pretending to be mafia or Sabi misreading/not knowing the set up. Either way they think mafia should know something that based on my reading of the rules they do not.
Mafia pretending to be town *

lfischl

#508 Post by lfischl » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:30 pm

kgray wrote:
lfischl wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:11 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:06 pm
sabi If you look at flyingboat on the peterbot and read his posts I see alot of just general sitting back and lightly commenting on various things. the case with durga was the same up until recently I hadnt seen much other than sitting back and being very pedestrian.
bona also struck me as restrained and uninvolved so far, his posts were not pressuring nor were they questioning.
chris I am most willing to forgive in that he just seems disgusted by the negativity of the game and seems to be concerned with a certain level of decorum and circumstance.

Overall this was my first four earliest scumleans and I would add bozo to my list because hell why not have five scumleans
I feel like Sabi and Bona are town to be honest. I've seen him as scum once and it doesn't seem like he's playing like that to me.
Can you elaborate on what you think is different about Bona this game?
To me it seems like bona is being his annoying self, which makes me think he is town.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#509 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:30 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:11 pm
what is the purpose of these alliances? voting bloc alliances or is this just a fancy word for towncores and everyone abhors that word so were just pretending this is survivor for giggles?

if its the latter id say that was just pregame plans by certain players to have fun pretending this was a game theyd rather be playing
Hey I built a towncore the other game and it was a great time.

Foxcastle

#510 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:32 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

I think it's entirely possible that scum-Sabi could have been confused about this.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#511 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:32 pm

brainbomb wrote:
ghug wrote:
captainmeme wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:59 pm
I will also accept a brainbomb vote
lmao
do you agree with this?
I thought it was funny that he abandoned his principles immediately when you called him out.

TheFlyingBoat

#512 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:32 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:27 pm
sabi is town because they ask questions and demand answers to them and this is obvious in the sheer amount of curiousity being shown
Hard disagree. This type of inquisitiveness isn't near as guaranteed proof as you make it out to be in a multi game. Mafia teams have very good reason to press hard on the hunt for the opposing team.

brainbomb

#513 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:33 pm

I dont really think towncores are a good idea because it rewards people for making you feel good: which is scums ultimate goal.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#514 Post by kgray » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:33 pm

brainbomb wrote:
kgray wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:17 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:06 pm
sabi If you look at flyingboat on the peterbot and read his posts I see alot of just general sitting back and lightly commenting on various things. the case with durga was the same up until recently I hadnt seen much other than sitting back and being very pedestrian.
bona also struck me as restrained and uninvolved so far, his posts were not pressuring nor were they questioning.
chris I am most willing to forgive in that he just seems disgusted by the negativity of the game and seems to be concerned with a certain level of decorum and circumstance.

Overall this was my first four earliest scumleans and I would add bozo to my list because hell why not have five scumleans
What'd Durga do recently that made you rethink whether she was sitting back and being pedestrian?

In what way does bona seem restrained to you?

Anything in particular about bozo?
durga came to life more in the last ten pages after she said she is nicer now. I saw a more directional side to her posts than before. Enough that her vote for meme would qualify as her stance against irksome bad ideas for town. This felt more like she was just taking her time to settle into the game and there isnt much awkwardness. When durga is scum I think she admits she hates being scum and tends to not know what to say/do as readily. Im leaning on pulling her from my scumreads at present.

bona talks alot and ive seen him do this both as scum and as town. one moment where he asked me to sum up his scum meta felt like him trying to challenge me to pin him down as to how he operates; almost like a self fulfilling challenge that id not be able to do so. which seems more like a smug bona who is scum and wants to see if im on point or not.

bozo is on there because hes pretty lifeless so far and Im guessing he could just be laying low for sake of keeping out of peoples minds
After Durga said she was nicer now, the only other two posts she's made are that meme is trolling and telling people not to talk about what she looks like. But even in posts before the one where she said she's nicer now, I'm not seeing any sort of change that you're seeing. I also don't really think she'd earnestly vote for meme because he's trolling, though she didn't elaborate on that so I'm not sure. I guess overall I don't see a more directional side to her posts.

I kinda like your bona take and could for sure see him doing that as scum lol

Personally I think that bozo being relatively inactive early is NAI for him

TheFlyingBoat

#515 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:33 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:32 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

I think it's entirely possible that scum-Sabi could have been confused about this.
How? Either scum Sabi knows their two partners and three opposition scum members or they don't.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#516 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:33 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:18 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:16 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:20 pm
maybe fox is just being a little to feel goodey for my liking
The aggressive Sabi help is pinging me again.
I yell about all of this stuff every game. Sabi is just a willing audience, for once.
I mean, that's fair. I'm a pontificatior too though, and I still end up doing it more was scum.

brainbomb

#517 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:35 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:27 pm
Hard disagree. This type of inquisitiveness isn't near as guaranteed proof as you make it out to be in a multi game. Mafia teams have very good reason to press hard on the hunt for the opposing team.
I dont think that sabi would be able to pull off this level of execution this early into a mafia career to dominate a thread and confidently go on the prowl this way regardless of if there were two mafia teams or seven

Foxcastle

#518 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:36 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:33 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

How? Either scum Sabi knows their two partners and three opposition scum members or they don't.
Lots of people don't pay attention to lots of things. I'm not saying Sabi is scum, I'm saying it's not sure that they're not.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#519 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:36 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

That's the one option I discounted. Why do you think this?

brainbomb

#520 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:36 pm

ghug wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
ghug wrote:

lmao
do you agree with this?
I thought it was funny that he abandoned his principles immediately when you called him out.
I am glad you said this because I thought this was you laughing in agreement that killing me off is always a reasonable idea