MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Fluminator

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#481 Post by Fluminator » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:14 pm

I have my first scumread, but it could be a PR so I'll keep that secret for now.

Foxcastle

#482 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:14 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:57 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:50 pm
What does everyone think of Sabi's need to constantly remind us that they are honest?
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:29 pm
I am honestly asking to get an idea on how players think they play. I rather they tell me than hear a third party meta opinion on how they play. Like I want to know if I should be annoyed all their game play is shit posting or do they put in genuine effort in the game.

I am sure if someone is being completely off based in their answer that people will jump in to correct.

Honestly tho last game everyone answer matched how they played the game.

I don't see a useful reason for anyone to not give a genuine honest answer to it but maybe I will be proven wrong.
Smacks of guilty conscience, perhaps?
There's a lot of words I use a lot. Honestly is something I say a lot day to day lol just my manner of speech. I also say appreciate that quite a bit and what not in case you want to analyze my usage of appreciate that vs thank you in case you think it's a code. Much to think about.

I guess it does look sus if you don't know me but I will let those who know me can vouch for me.

I have no idea what else to say lol.

You never told me the results of my pop quiz hmm. Was I right or wrong?
Please do not answer questions that aren't directed at you. (In this case, it was unclear, but I think the context implies that it was for everyone else. Also, pretty much everyone on WebDip is abysmal at this, so don't worry about being singled out for it.)

The reason is: now all of the information I might have gleaned from other players responding is tainted because of your answer. I don't really care why you actually use that word, but I do care about what other people have to say about it (including defending it as a normal part of your speech).

Also, you failed the pop quiz.

brainbomb

#483 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:15 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:14 pm
captainmeme wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:59 pm
I will also accept a brainbomb vote
lmao
do you agree with this?

Foxcastle

#484 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:15 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:01 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:49 pm
I do agree with a few of yalls assessments on the flying boat man in regards to his style this game.

Maybe it's becuaee it's 14 hours into the game and we haven't gotten a non shit post contribution from him yet. Usually he will post his 300 word posts by now to flex his superiority complex and we haven't gotten that yet.

@TheFlyingBoat

So far whenever you catch up to this, what post so far has caught your eye and why? It can be good or bad.

Why were you concerned about Flum leaving you out of his alliance offer?

If you were supposedly cooking, why did you respond really quickly to ghug about your typo?
Nothing has caught my eye so far other than your townslip. Part of me thinks it is so blatantly staged it can't be true. I mean who unintentionally town slips like 4 times in a row in the first couple days? Then again maybe you do and it just is a real townslip.

I wasn't actually concerned about Flum leaving me out of his offer. I don't actually care. I was entirely fucking around.

Because it was a source of great shame and required an immediate explanation, duh.
What was the townslip and why do people think they are real?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#485 Post by kgray » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:15 pm

lfischl wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:06 pm
ChrisVis wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:32 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:21 pm
hi Chris,
I know you are newer and this forum is really hard to keep up with. fancy a dialogue?
Yes Brainbomb, I am knew hear. With the amount of acrimony flying around, I can't say I "fancy" a dialogue, but I am willing to communicate with you in a civil manner. To put our dialogue in context, I should note that you first made a negative statement about me, which I quote below, and then you asked for a dialogue.

Your opening interaction with me :

Brainbomb : "the people who strike me as scum so far is durga, bona, chris, flyingboat"

I forgive you your views, and your grammar, and I undertake to conduct this dialogue with an open mind towards you.

Regards, Chris.
@brain tbf if he doesn't start talking I might flip onto him. Bona could at least be useful cuz he talks.
wow the irony :lol:

lfischl

#486 Post by lfischl » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:16 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:15 pm
lfischl wrote:
ChrisVis wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:32 pm

Yes Brainbomb, I am knew hear. With the amount of acrimony flying around, I can't say I "fancy" a dialogue, but I am willing to communicate with you in a civil manner. To put our dialogue in context, I should note that you first made a negative statement about me, which I quote below, and then you asked for a dialogue.

Your opening interaction with me :

Brainbomb : "the people who strike me as scum so far is durga, bona, chris, flyingboat"

I forgive you your views, and your grammar, and I undertake to conduct this dialogue with an open mind towards you.

Regards, Chris.

@brain tbf if he doesn't start talking I might flip onto him. Bona could at least be useful cuz he talks.
wow the irony :lol:
8-)

brainbomb

#487 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:16 pm

yea I did see that weird post from lfischl too.
🤣

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#488 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:16 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:20 pm
maybe fox is just being a little to feel goodey for my liking
The aggressive Sabi help is pinging me again.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#489 Post by kgray » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:17 pm

brainbomb wrote:
sabi If you look at flyingboat on the peterbot and read his posts I see alot of just general sitting back and lightly commenting on various things. the case with durga was the same up until recently I hadnt seen much other than sitting back and being very pedestrian.
bona also struck me as restrained and uninvolved so far, his posts were not pressuring nor were they questioning.
chris I am most willing to forgive in that he just seems disgusted by the negativity of the game and seems to be concerned with a certain level of decorum and circumstance.

Overall this was my first four earliest scumleans and I would add bozo to my list because hell why not have five scumleans
What'd Durga do recently that made you rethink whether she was sitting back and being pedestrian?

In what way does bona seem restrained to you?

Anything in particular about bozo?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#490 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:18 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:43 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:37 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:21 pm

This was tongue and cheek because I enjoy the way Foxcastle writes. I don’t have a read on him. But I do agree with what he is saying.
So you agree "damo is the worst".

Thanks.
Bo is the worst.
Plus one

Foxcastle

#491 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:18 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:16 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:20 pm
maybe fox is just being a little to feel goodey for my liking
The aggressive Sabi help is pinging me again.
I yell about all of this stuff every game. Sabi is just a willing audience, for once.

lfischl

#492 Post by lfischl » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:19 pm

brainbomb wrote:
🤣
What I mean is that I want him to talk, so he doesn't make the same mistakes I did in my game.

lfischl

#493 Post by lfischl » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:19 pm

lfischl wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:19 pm
brainbomb wrote:
🤣
What I mean is that I want him to talk, so he doesn't make the same mistakes I did in my game.
first game

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#494 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:21 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:26 pm
Flum; youre forgetting that through failure we learn who tried and who did not. if no one tries all we learn is that no one tried to make anything happen which long term is far more costly to building the strands we need to analyze
I think Flum is arguing that there's no point in trying to know anything.

brainbomb

#495 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:23 pm

kgray wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:17 pm
brainbomb wrote:
sabi If you look at flyingboat on the peterbot and read his posts I see alot of just general sitting back and lightly commenting on various things. the case with durga was the same up until recently I hadnt seen much other than sitting back and being very pedestrian.
bona also struck me as restrained and uninvolved so far, his posts were not pressuring nor were they questioning.
chris I am most willing to forgive in that he just seems disgusted by the negativity of the game and seems to be concerned with a certain level of decorum and circumstance.

Overall this was my first four earliest scumleans and I would add bozo to my list because hell why not have five scumleans
What'd Durga do recently that made you rethink whether she was sitting back and being pedestrian?

In what way does bona seem restrained to you?

Anything in particular about bozo?
durga came to life more in the last ten pages after she said she is nicer now. I saw a more directional side to her posts than before. Enough that her vote for meme would qualify as her stance against irksome bad ideas for town. This felt more like she was just taking her time to settle into the game and there isnt much awkwardness. When durga is scum I think she admits she hates being scum and tends to not know what to say/do as readily. Im leaning on pulling her from my scumreads at present.

bona talks alot and ive seen him do this both as scum and as town. one moment where he asked me to sum up his scum meta felt like him trying to challenge me to pin him down as to how he operates; almost like a self fulfilling challenge that id not be able to do so. which seems more like a smug bona who is scum and wants to see if im on point or not.

bozo is on there because hes pretty lifeless so far and Im guessing he could just be laying low for sake of keeping out of peoples minds

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#496 Post by kgray » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:23 pm

lfischl wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:11 pm
brainbomb wrote:

I feel like Sabi and Bona are town to be honest. I've seen him as scum once and it doesn't seem like he's playing like that to me.
Can you elaborate on what you think is different about Bona this game?

BesharamSabi

#497 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:23 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:57 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:50 pm
What does everyone think of Sabi's need to constantly remind us that they are honest?

Smacks of guilty conscience, perhaps?
There's a lot of words I use a lot. Honestly is something I say a lot day to day lol just my manner of speech. I also say appreciate that quite a bit and what not in case you want to analyze my usage of appreciate that vs thank you in case you think it's a code. Much to think about.

I guess it does look sus if you don't know me but I will let those who know me can vouch for me.

I have no idea what else to say lol.

You never told me the results of my pop quiz hmm. Was I right or wrong?
Please do not answer questions that aren't directed at you. (In this case, it was unclear, but I think the context implies that it was for everyone else. Also, pretty much everyone on WebDip is abysmal at this, so don't worry about being singled out for it.)

The reason is: now all of the information I might have gleaned from other players responding is tainted because of your answer. I don't really care why you actually use that word, but I do care about what other people have to say about it (including defending it as a normal part of your speech).

Also, you failed the pop quiz.
Well sorry I just wanted to clarify since you don't know me at all. How I type/post on here is how I talk so like I am a bit defensive about that. I repeat words a lot but who doesn't.

But yea I won't answer any questions directed about me (that isn't also directed for me). Again I apologize for that, it's a force of habit.

Can you please explain how I failed the pop quiz and how my answer and explanation was incorrect?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#498 Post by kgray » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:24 pm

Fluminator wrote:
I have my first scumread, but it could be a PR so I'll keep that secret for now.
wow. more irony :lol:

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#499 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:25 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:10 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:27 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:17 pm

I am not optimistic, I think this game is really hard for town.

I am relaxed but I usually have been relaxed when I am 100% confirmed vanilla town ®

About Sabi I have played with them before and didn't like their "don't care" approach, this game I am really liking the effort and the will to improve.
Hey I learned my lesson after being yelled at by everyone and their moms my first two games. I never want to be told "you suck, never play mafia again" again because it kinda hurt me not even going to lie.

I will say you are a lot more talkative this game than our previous one. Not sure if that's due to timing of your schedule or alignment based.

Anyway rdr here's some questions for you :

What post so far has caught your eye and why? It can be good or bad or something that people missed completely.

Out of everyone's reads so far who do you disagree the most with and why?

How are you relaxed in this game especially with multi mafia team set up?

I would appreciate if you would answer them. Thank you : )
Anyway rdr here's some questions for you :

What post so far has caught your eye and why? It can be good or bad or something that people missed completely.
Probably not what you want but I really like the post you said Fox is like Damo and Squigs having a baby, lol.

Out of everyone's reads so far who do you disagree the most with and why?
I don't get much of Brain scumreads. Too many scumreads for so early in the game, but it's Brain.

How are you relaxed in this game especially with multi mafia team set up?
Why not? I don't think being relaxed is AI to me, it's more about my current mindset.
This post is giving me bad vibes, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

TheFlyingBoat

#500 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:25 pm

kgray wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:01 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:49 pm
I do agree with a few of yalls assessments on the flying boat man in regards to his style this game.

Maybe it's becuaee it's 14 hours into the game and we haven't gotten a non shit post contribution from him yet. Usually he will post his 300 word posts by now to flex his superiority complex and we haven't gotten that yet.

@TheFlyingBoat

So far whenever you catch up to this, what post so far has caught your eye and why? It can be good or bad.

Why were you concerned about Flum leaving you out of his alliance offer?

If you were supposedly cooking, why did you respond really quickly to ghug about your typo?
Nothing has caught my eye so far other than your townslip. Part of me thinks it is so blatantly staged it can't be true. I mean who unintentionally town slips like 4 times in a row in the first couple days? Then again maybe you do and it just is a real townslip.

I wasn't actually concerned about Flum leaving me out of his offer. I don't actually care. I was entirely fucking around.

Because it was a source of great shame and required an immediate explanation, duh.
I don't like that nothing at all has caught your eye besides Sabi's townslip
What AI stuff has caught your eye? So much which would normally be interesting in D1 seemed to be NAI as the biggest fight that took up multiple pages seemed to be one of egos and not one of in game substance. I'll look back through the thread later today as most of the National Signing Day stuff for CFB winds down and see if I am forgetting something I cared about from yesterday or if something means something more today, but right now the things I remember most from yesterday was the PE/Sabi stuff where he either pocketed them or was trying to draw out their views depending on how generous you want to be, meme trying to start a no vote party that everyone besides the anti-suffrage man doesn't seem to want to dry, the kgray/ghug vs PE fight that quickly became ghug vs PE, and then the post conflagration cool down