MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
TheFlyingBoat

Re: MAFIA 71: "PAPERS PLEASE" - GAME THREAD [Hidden]

#461 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:01 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:49 pm
I do agree with a few of yalls assessments on the flying boat man in regards to his style this game.

Maybe it's becuaee it's 14 hours into the game and we haven't gotten a non shit post contribution from him yet. Usually he will post his 300 word posts by now to flex his superiority complex and we haven't gotten that yet.

@TheFlyingBoat

So far whenever you catch up to this, what post so far has caught your eye and why? It can be good or bad.

Why were you concerned about Flum leaving you out of his alliance offer?

If you were supposedly cooking, why did you respond really quickly to ghug about your typo?
Nothing has caught my eye so far other than your townslip. Part of me thinks it is so blatantly staged it can't be true. I mean who unintentionally town slips like 4 times in a row in the first couple days? Then again maybe you do and it just is a real townslip.

I wasn't actually concerned about Flum leaving me out of his offer. I don't actually care. I was entirely fucking around.

Because it was a source of great shame and required an immediate explanation, duh.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#462 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:01 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:57 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:47 pm
Durga wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:44 pm

Ah some things never change do they brainbomb!
Howdy.
on an unrelated note you look alot like Mina Kimes from espn.

also please dont mistake my read on you for being habitual. I have often townread you in the past; I dont get the usual vibe of tenacity from you so far. Usually someone says something really stupid or puts out some horrible plan for how to play day one like massclaims or no kill and youre the first to repudiate it. often a bad read you are first to repudiate as well.

I can attribute it to that you are still feeling the game out as well.

Hold up, in what world does Durga look like ESPN great Mina Kimes (tied for my favorite analyst with Pablo Torre)?
Speaking of ESPN lookalikes TFB looks just like Woody Page…

lfischl

#463 Post by lfischl » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:06 pm

ChrisVis wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:32 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:21 pm
hi Chris,
I know you are newer and this forum is really hard to keep up with. fancy a dialogue?
Yes Brainbomb, I am knew hear. With the amount of acrimony flying around, I can't say I "fancy" a dialogue, but I am willing to communicate with you in a civil manner. To put our dialogue in context, I should note that you first made a negative statement about me, which I quote below, and then you asked for a dialogue.

Your opening interaction with me :

Brainbomb : "the people who strike me as scum so far is durga, bona, chris, flyingboat"

I forgive you your views, and your grammar, and I undertake to conduct this dialogue with an open mind towards you.

Regards, Chris.
@brain tbf if he doesn't start talking I might flip onto him. Bona could at least be useful cuz he talks.

brainbomb

#464 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:06 pm

sabi If you look at flyingboat on the peterbot and read his posts I see alot of just general sitting back and lightly commenting on various things. the case with durga was the same up until recently I hadnt seen much other than sitting back and being very pedestrian.
bona also struck me as restrained and uninvolved so far, his posts were not pressuring nor were they questioning.
chris I am most willing to forgive in that he just seems disgusted by the negativity of the game and seems to be concerned with a certain level of decorum and circumstance.

Overall this was my first four earliest scumleans and I would add bozo to my list because hell why not have five scumleans

Fluminator

#465 Post by Fluminator » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:06 pm

captainmeme wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:59 pm
I may be being a little troll-y with the reasoning but no kill D1 is genuinely the best move in this setup

But nobody will actually do it because 'ITS NOT ACTING ON MUH READS'
I don't think my alliance is agreeing. I'd be willing to start a separate f2 alliance with you on the side though.

Fluminator

#466 Post by Fluminator » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:08 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
Durga wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:44 pm

Ah some things never change do they brainbomb!
Howdy.

also please dont mistake my read on you for being habitual. I have often townread you in the past; I dont get the usual vibe of tenacity from you so far. Usually someone says something really stupid or puts out some horrible plan for how to play day one like massclaims or no kill and youre the first to repudiate it. often a bad read you are first to repudiate as well.

Hold up, in what world does Durga look like ESPN great Mina Kimes (tied for my favorite analyst with Pablo Torre)?
I did a google search, and only one picture even looked remotely like her lol. I don't think I see it.

TheFlyingBoat

#467 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:08 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:51 pm
Durga wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:42 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:53 pm
What a read.

##vote TheFlyingBoat

He’s playing scared.
How?
He’s clearly been around pretty much the whole time and didn’t offer anything resembling an opinion when meaningful (well least relative to most D1s) things were happening.
That's because most of the time my meaningful comments are in response to other people's mech questions, or more often, really really stupid mech ideas. I am less familiar with whether the no vote pay out structure is actually significantly better here than in normal non multi mafia so I haven't argued as heavily against Meme as I might otherwise. I commented the one time that Sabi asked a question about mech stuff that I found interesting to point out that in a situation where town goes into night with 1 town and 2 scum with 1 from each faction that town has a very good shot at winning the game there and that traditional lylo calcs do not really work here until we're down to one scum team at which point it becomes a normal game. Or normal-ish at least since reads may have been thrown off by hunting the other team well.

brainbomb

#468 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:09 pm

a deeper explanation of my logic would require most of the game to ever acknowledge that I was any good at my gut reads at all; which only rivera seems willing to admit.
my first instincts are often right; and I lose those instincts as the game gets more intense and I start having to fight people. I can be knocked off my game by people getting nasty with me and it does turn me into a vile creature we will refer to as Gromodeus

Durga

#469 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:10 pm

Aight let's not talk about who I may or may not look like

Fluminator

#470 Post by Fluminator » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:10 pm

What is Sabi like in Diplomacy? Are they the type of person who would try to fake a townslip?

TheFlyingBoat

#471 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:10 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:01 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

Howdy.

Speaking of ESPN lookalikes TFB looks just like Woody Page…
Thank you, mate. I am going to go buy a chalkboard now.

brainbomb

#472 Post by brainbomb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:11 pm

what is the purpose of these alliances? voting bloc alliances or is this just a fancy word for towncores and everyone abhors that word so were just pretending this is survivor for giggles?

if its the latter id say that was just pregame plans by certain players to have fun pretending this was a game theyd rather be playing

Fluminator

#473 Post by Fluminator » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:11 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:10 pm
Aight let's not talk about who I may or may not look like
I've been told I look like Neil Patrick Harris before.

TheFlyingBoat

#474 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:11 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:08 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:51 pm
Durga wrote:

How?
He’s clearly been around pretty much the whole time and didn’t offer anything resembling an opinion when meaningful (well least relative to most D1s) things were happening.
That's because most of the time my meaningful comments are in response to other people's mech questions, or more often, really really stupid mech ideas. I am less familiar with whether the no vote pay out structure is actually significantly better here than in normal non multi mafia so I haven't argued as heavily against Meme as I might otherwise. I commented the one time that Sabi asked a question about mech stuff that I found interesting to point out that in a situation where town goes into night with 1 town and 2 scum with 1 from each faction that town has a very good shot at winning the game there and that traditional lylo calcs do not really work here until we're down to one scum team at which point it becomes a normal game. Or normal-ish at least since reads may have been thrown off by hunting the other team well.
To clarify that's most of my meaningful D1 comments. Obviously on other days I do much much more.

lfischl

#475 Post by lfischl » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:11 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:06 pm
sabi If you look at flyingboat on the peterbot and read his posts I see alot of just general sitting back and lightly commenting on various things. the case with durga was the same up until recently I hadnt seen much other than sitting back and being very pedestrian.
bona also struck me as restrained and uninvolved so far, his posts were not pressuring nor were they questioning.
chris I am most willing to forgive in that he just seems disgusted by the negativity of the game and seems to be concerned with a certain level of decorum and circumstance.

Overall this was my first four earliest scumleans and I would add bozo to my list because hell why not have five scumleans
I feel like Sabi and Bona are town to be honest. I've seen him as scum once and it doesn't seem like he's playing like that to me.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#476 Post by kgray » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:11 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:50 pm
What does everyone think of Sabi's need to constantly remind us that they are honest?
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:29 pm
I am honestly asking to get an idea on how players think they play. I rather they tell me than hear a third party meta opinion on how they play. Like I want to know if I should be annoyed all their game play is shit posting or do they put in genuine effort in the game.

I am sure if someone is being completely off based in their answer that people will jump in to correct.

Honestly tho last game everyone answer matched how they played the game.

I don't see a useful reason for anyone to not give a genuine honest answer to it but maybe I will be proven wrong.
Smacks of guilty conscience, perhaps?
just the way they talk imo

lfischl

#477 Post by lfischl » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:12 pm

lfischl wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:11 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:06 pm

I feel like Sabi and Bona are town to be honest. I've seen him as scum once and it doesn't seem like he's playing like that to me.
him = bona

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#478 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:12 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:39 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:38 pm

You are the second one to say this. Why?
because he does fuckall as scum and is usually just lurkfest 2020
He has less posts then me, so he is probably a lurker, lol.

I like his posts, but can easily see scum Tom doing the same kind of posts, so it's NAI to me.
I'm with Rd here. Tom is fine so far, but there's nothing special there (except the sex icon himself, obviously).

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#479 Post by ghug » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:14 pm

captainmeme wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:59 pm
I will also accept a brainbomb vote
lmao

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#480 Post by kgray » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:14 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:01 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:49 pm
I do agree with a few of yalls assessments on the flying boat man in regards to his style this game.

Maybe it's becuaee it's 14 hours into the game and we haven't gotten a non shit post contribution from him yet. Usually he will post his 300 word posts by now to flex his superiority complex and we haven't gotten that yet.

@TheFlyingBoat

So far whenever you catch up to this, what post so far has caught your eye and why? It can be good or bad.

Why were you concerned about Flum leaving you out of his alliance offer?

If you were supposedly cooking, why did you respond really quickly to ghug about your typo?
Nothing has caught my eye so far other than your townslip. Part of me thinks it is so blatantly staged it can't be true. I mean who unintentionally town slips like 4 times in a row in the first couple days? Then again maybe you do and it just is a real townslip.

I wasn't actually concerned about Flum leaving me out of his offer. I don't actually care. I was entirely fucking around.

Because it was a source of great shame and required an immediate explanation, duh.
I don't like that nothing at all has caught your eye besides Sabi's townslip