M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
snowy801

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#2081 Post by snowy801 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:15 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:04 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:15 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:12 pm

Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game (for the town majority) is to perform a detailed psychological assessment on Snowy and therefore arrive at a diagnosis which reveals the true underlying motivations of his apparently malign activities. The game is typically very active, and Snowy's arrogance knows few if any bounds, so the thread will get annoying quickly. However, it is essential to humour the demands of Snowy's vast ego, to play the game.
And I know you've never understood how to play mafia but like, there's no need to advertise it so hard. Mafia is about figuring out what people are doing and why, and you've never shown that capacity in any meaningful sense.
If you are Town, why do you see it as your job to make the puzzle harder for the rest of town?
Harder is not impossible, and also supremely subjective especially given how you guys are doing this d2

snowy801

#2082 Post by snowy801 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:16 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:13 pm
President Eden wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:52 pm
zoom zoom

snowy (3): squigs, jamie, damo
ghug (2): bozo, snowy
bona (1): dargo
llama (1): bona
bozo (1): ghug
damo (1): llama

snowy dies in 04h08m

sabi and celaph gotta vote
No you vote.

Someone sell me on snowy vs ghug vs damo wagons.

Go go go
Why is damo highlighted here if I may ask?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2083 Post by ghug » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:18 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
President Eden wrote:
zoom zoom

snowy dies in 04h08m

No you vote.

Go go go
Why do you list these three specifically?

Bonatogether

#2084 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:29 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:59 pm
you know what I don't think I'll have time to write essays anymore until a couple hours from now and I don't want to wait that long to get these out

why ghug is scum

- he had no scum reads most of d1
- says he finally got one on celaph but has he even mentioned it once?
- has no desire to push anyone even slightly and take the game in hand, entirely passive play (yeah he kept talking about bo_sox but when did he actually push that? bona was made by other hands than himself)
- he's completely detached the game, never seen such passive observer mode ghug. Useless ghug? Sure, but he always cared

some things that you should consider moving forward

- nobody scum reads ghug. Have you ever seen that happen? Consider the past games where everyone was up in his grill just because he's allegedly so hard to read
- why is he so okay with the state of this day if he's still trying to figure me out? He's happy about the game state

I'm going to have to reread DL to see why I scum read him so much, started near EoD with him going for bo for sure though
This has legitimate points but it doesn't sit right with me, because ghug is not in 'passive observer' mode like lfischl is in 'passive observer' mode. Ghug is still a moving part in this game, and even if ghug is not as fired up as he is usually (which I tend to agree with), he's still doing things

Bonatogether

#2085 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:31 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
President Eden wrote:
zoom zoom

snowy dies in 04h08m

No you vote.

Go go go
?

Bonatogether

#2086 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:32 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:15 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

And I know you've never understood how to play mafia but like, there's no need to advertise it so hard. Mafia is about figuring out what people are doing and why, and you've never shown that capacity in any meaningful sense.
If you are Town, why do you see it as your job to make the puzzle harder for the rest of town?
Harder is not impossible, and also supremely subjective especially given how you guys are doing this d2
jfc

##vote snowy

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2087 Post by Squigs44 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:34 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:55 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:25 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:55 pm
I had a stronger scum read of bona at the time, but given that my strongest scum read of the day was ghug and I was growing leery of DL at the moment
So at EoD you decided to vote for Bo (a lesser scum read) who was being voted by ghug and DL (2 of your bigger scumreads) instead of Bona (who you scumread more than Bo) who was being voted by myself, celaph, and damo (who you say you were townreading at the time).

That doesn't add up
What you seem to be implying is that snowy was protecting himself and Bonatogether. Do you see a reason a scum snowy would do this with a town Bonatogether?
If it's town Bona and scum Snowy then Snowys motivation would have been purely self preservation. Voting the Bo wagon while also hyping up the Bona wagon fits that motive, although it probably would have been easier to just sit on Bona.

BesharamSabi

#2088 Post by BesharamSabi » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:37 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:16 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
President Eden wrote:
zoom zoom

snowy dies in 04h08m

No you vote.

Go go go
Damo is one of the people I was scum reading. I honestly can't decide between demo and snowy at this point.
ghug wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:18 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
President Eden wrote:
zoom zoom

snowy dies in 04h08m

No you vote.

Go go go
Well it's technically two people:

Snowy = my highest of scum reads, keeps making excuses for inactiveness,tried to ATE us with that long winded post, his strategy in day one makes no sense, has tried to buddy me a lot which is giving me m70 vibes.

Damo = one of my other strong scum reads. I have explained this before but I could be biased in my scum read of him.

G hug = I actually don't want to vote for you but when I was making the post it seemed like a wagon was beginning to form but yea I don't read you as scum.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2089 Post by ghug » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:40 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:37 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:16 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:

No you vote.

Go go go
Damo is one of the people I was scum reading. I honestly can't decide between demo and snowy at this point.
ghug wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:18 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:

No you vote.

Go go go
Well it's technically two people:

Snowy = my highest of scum reads, keeps making excuses for inactiveness,tried to ATE us with that long winded post, his strategy in day one makes no sense, has tried to buddy me a lot which is giving me m70 vibes.

Damo = one of my other strong scum reads. I have explained this before but I could be biased in my scum read of him.

G hug = I actually don't want to vote for you but when I was making the post it seemed like a wagon was beginning to form but yea I don't read you as scum.
The snowy wagon's not going anywhere, so I'd suggest parking on damo if those are your choices. What do you think of bona/bozo/celaph?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2090 Post by Squigs44 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:46 pm

Bona has been trending upwards for me with recent posts

Jamiet99uk

#2091 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:51 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:16 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:26 am
The most likely culprit would appear to be Worcegorygel
Jamiet why do you think worcejic/dargo is the most likely culprit compared to damo who was also on snowy?
Your question is a non-sequitur.

Damo was not on Snowy.

Damo expressed misgivings about Snowy at some point on D1, I think, but at no point whatsoever during D1 did Damo vote for Snowy.

Check the bot if you don't believe me.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Jamiet99uk

#2092 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:53 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

I see you don't even dispute my assertion that the way you approach things makes things harder for town. Your mindset is fundamentally anti-town and you are more interested in demonstrating your own supposed intellect and putting other people down than actually trying to help town win.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

snowy801

#2093 Post by snowy801 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:59 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:29 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:59 pm
you know what I don't think I'll have time to write essays anymore until a couple hours from now and I don't want to wait that long to get these out

why ghug is scum

- he had no scum reads most of d1
- says he finally got one on celaph but has he even mentioned it once?
- has no desire to push anyone even slightly and take the game in hand, entirely passive play (yeah he kept talking about bo_sox but when did he actually push that? bona was made by other hands than himself)
- he's completely detached the game, never seen such passive observer mode ghug. Useless ghug? Sure, but he always cared

some things that you should consider moving forward

- nobody scum reads ghug. Have you ever seen that happen? Consider the past games where everyone was up in his grill just because he's allegedly so hard to read
- why is he so okay with the state of this day if he's still trying to figure me out? He's happy about the game state

I'm going to have to reread DL to see why I scum read him so much, started near EoD with him going for bo for sure though
This has legitimate points but it doesn't sit right with me, because ghug is not in 'passive observer' mode like lfischl is in 'passive observer' mode. Ghug is still a moving part in this game, and even if ghug is not as fired up as he is usually (which I tend to agree with), he's still doing things
lfischl isn't a passive observer he just doesn't play

And while I disagree with the claim that ghug is a moving piece even if that were true, the fact that he doesn't in the slighest where or how those pieces are moving are revealing

Jamiet99uk

#2094 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:00 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:55 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:23 pm
Anyway enough of that.

Snowy: Can you give us a more detailed explanation of your thought process in the last hour or so at EoD1, please? We know you have a quite enormous intellect (since you keep telling us!) so it should be easy for you to explain this.

From my perspective it genuinely appears that you've told us:

1) You didn't scumread Bo_Sox.
2) You had at least a weak scumread on Bona and really wanted to see a wagon on him.

And yet:

i) You encouraged a wagon on Bo_Sox to form, and you voted for him.
ii) You didn't return to the Bona wagon even when it looked quite likely to go over.

Your previous explanation on this was, I'm afraid, quite light on detail, so I'd be grateful if you could expand on exactly what you were thinking.

It's rare that we get to enjoy the presence of a certified genius so thanks in advance for your enlightened words.
I did scum read bo_sox. I just wasn't entirely convinced by it but I thought the read held up on its own merit. I was especially clear on this matter, and that you consider your own enduring misunderstanding of a simple comment "fuck the b-line" that literally everyone else understood for what it meant and twist every thought around this matter is not one I particularly feel compelled to dispel
Two points here.

First of all, if you really did scumread Bo_Sox, then why, earlier today, did you say this:
snowy801 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:04 am
q: why did you push bo_sox yesterday?
a: eh, I wasn't really feeling it but I did sort of not really scum read him and wanted to see how it would end up. The wagon around bona was tremendously interesting and I wanted to see how it would lie down.
Clearly in that post you said you did not really scumread him.

Those are your words. But now you are changing your story again.

Second of all, I've long since moved on from the "fuck the b-line" comment. I very clearly acknowledged your statement that I had apparently mis-interpreted it, and I haven't mentioned it since that acknowledgement. It is not a central pillar of my case. You suddenly drawing attention back onto this comment is nothing to do with me, and appears a transparent attempt to discredit my otherwise reasonable case by dredging up a minor point that I am no longer relying on. Basic defence attorney tactics for sure but not very convincing.

Jamiet99uk

#2095 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:01 pm

Sabi and Celaph still need to vote for Snowy.

celaph

#2096 Post by celaph » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:01 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:33 pm
I hate to agree with Snowy, but Celaph although that was a very long post already, it could have done with a "conclusions" paragraph.
I'm shit rn, but yeah. That's on me. My tl;dr paragraph was mostly supposed to be the conclusion. I was hoping to catch scum ghug in a lie and it turned out he was telling the truth so I've dropped the read, though I still think voting for someone because you dislike them is bad town play. I just didn't delete the work I was compiling when I realized I was wrong.

snowy801

#2097 Post by snowy801 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:02 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:53 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

I see you don't even dispute my assertion that the way you approach things makes things harder for town. Your mindset is fundamentally anti-town and you are more interested in demonstrating your own supposed intellect and putting other people down than actually trying to help town win.
No, I am trying to help town win. By you know, telling you who I think are scum (and therefore are very likely to be)

You just don't appreciate that because you can't deal with the fact that people can do things that don't align with your perfect model of how town should play, which is 1) not even helpful, evidenced by your own performances and 2) not scum indicative if not

Some of the best games I've played on here I've muddied the waters and each and every time you cried about it even as I went on to win the game. I'm honestly tired of you as an individual and I should entirely emphasize that I am not putting other people down, I'm just putting you down because I'm so sick of you I had you muted all of yesterday

celaph

#2098 Post by celaph » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:02 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:15 pm
Is the point "Town Ghug often doesn't explain his votes very well"?
I had a suspicion that scum ghug doesn't scumread the people he votes for. Turns out town ghug also doesn't consistently scumread the people he votes for. So it's more NAI than I thought.

snowy801

#2099 Post by snowy801 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:04 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:00 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:04 am
q: why did you push bo_sox yesterday?
a: eh, I wasn't really feeling it but I did sort of not really scum read him and wanted to see how it would end up. The wagon around bona was tremendously interesting and I wanted to see how it would lie down.
Clearly in that post you said you did not really scumread him.

Those are your words. But now you are changing your story again.

Second of all, I've long since moved on from the "fuck the b-line" comment. I very clearly acknowledged your statement that I had apparently mis-interpreted it, and I haven't mentioned it since that acknowledgement. It is not a central pillar of my case. You suddenly drawing attention back onto this comment is nothing to do with me, and appears a transparent attempt to discredit my otherwise reasonable case by dredging up a minor point that I am no longer relying on. Basic defence attorney tactics for sure but not very convincing.
And just as I finish writing that you boldly emphasize why I'm so sick of your shit

You have a reading disability. It is not conductive to forum mafia. "sort of not really scum read" absolutely means I slightly scum read someone, and the most pathetic part of this all is that I think you're town and truly believe what you're saying

Retire

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2100 Post by Squigs44 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:04 pm

Snowy I tried making a case on DL for you but it wasn't working. Sorry