M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
damo666
Posts: 10191
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2950

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2061 Post by damo666 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:39 pm

* rationale

BunnyGo
Posts: 10324
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3260

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2062 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:45 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:19 am
Various people are saying they suspect TFB but aren't voting for him. Sad.

##Vote Doom instead then
Do you understand the "mechish" reason why not?

BunnyGo
Posts: 10324
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3260

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2063 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:46 pm

Ugh...note to self: don't play while sleep deprived. I get weird dreams about reading and finding clues.

damo666
Posts: 10191
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2950

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2064 Post by damo666 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:01 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:45 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:19 am
Various people are saying they suspect TFB but aren't voting for him. Sad.

##Vote Doom instead then
Do you understand the "mechish" reason why not?
Sounds like a Yiddish word to me.

BunnyGo
Posts: 10324
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3260

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2065 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:02 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:01 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:45 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:19 am
Various people are saying they suspect TFB but aren't voting for him. Sad.

##Vote Doom instead then
Do you understand the "mechish" reason why not?
Sounds like a Yiddish word to me.
It does, I sadly speak (virtually) no yiddish. Can ask my grandmother when I see her in a couple days.

Durga
Posts: 8828
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4249

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2066 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:03 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:47 am
I think Jamie voters are all town.

Now if Jamie is town this implies both scum are off Jamie. Now this doesn't make a lot of sense (unless perhaps they think it's too early).

So I think Jamie must be scum.
Just what

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5739
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1633

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2067 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:04 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:09 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:01 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:16 am


He specifically argues that scum knew that ghug was tracker.
I never did that. Show were I made this assumption.

I said scum didn't need to kill Damo and could target possible Tracker because Target is a liability for them. They were lucky (or saw something) hitting Ghug.

The way you are tryng to force a scumslip to save your neck makes me more sure of my vote.
Not trying to force. Reading your post and it looked too confident about them knowing to me. I don't see you as someone who is imprecise like that normally. I also don't see town!rdr tunneling me for prodding.

I'll need to dig up damo's read on you, because I'm really not seeing it.
I was confident on the reason why Damo is still alive. I am shit at looking for crumbs and PRs (and Damo can confirm this when we were scum together). I think scum have at least one experienced player.

I am not tunneling you. I keep flip floping my mind on you, Jamiet and Durga as the best choice for today. But I really fail to see how you interpret my post as a scumslip unless you were looking for a reason to get a counter to you (which could also be a towny move, I admit).

damo666
Posts: 10191
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2950

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2068 Post by damo666 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:07 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:02 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:01 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:45 pm


Do you understand the "mechish" reason why not?
Sounds like a Yiddish word to me.
It does, I sadly speak (virtually) no yiddish. Can ask my grandmother when I see her in a couple days.
I assume you mean "mechanistic".

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5739
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1633

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2069 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:08 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:07 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:01 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:16 am


He specifically argues that scum knew that ghug was tracker.
I never did that. Show were I made this assumption.

I said scum didn't need to kill Damo and could target possible Tracker because Target is a liability for them. They were lucky (or saw something) hitting Ghug.

The way you are tryng to force a scumslip to save your neck makes me more sure of my vote.
This post screams town.

@rdr if you are right about Bunny who is his partner?
I will have to re-read Vecna, but Jamiet obviously with Bunny tryng to get my wagon going and maybe Sabi (maybe why Vecna ask a sub as he would need to be the active scum, I know it's not good to speculate on this, but I can't).

BunnyGo
Posts: 10324
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3260

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2070 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:09 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:38 pm
15 minutes to go EOD1 votes are

Snowy 3 [doom Jamie rdr]
Damo 3 [DL Kak Snowy]
Fish 3 [damo TFB durga]
Kak 2 [ghug VecnaBunny]

Now doom voters please explain to me the ratioanle why scumDoom knowing the 3 lead wagons are town would now vote for scum Kak making it

Damo 3
Fish 3
Kak 3
Snowy 2

?

Note I am on fish so my natural self save move would be to Kak.

The vote move makes no sense for scumDoom to make.
I agree. Only thing I could think of was if she was bunched up with a teammate (Jamie/rdr) and didn't like that. Would mean her choice was to move to Fish or Kak (don't understand why not Fish).

I went back to reread before she moved and there was some verbal pressure against voting you or snowy, but still doesn't explain why not Fish. Fish was easy, and durga (and possibly TFB) are only possible scum on it already.

Durga
Posts: 8828
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4249

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2071 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:10 pm

I can't believe town!rdr would think I'm a good choice for today
1

BunnyGo
Posts: 10324
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3260

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2072 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:16 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:04 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:09 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:01 am


I never did that. Show were I made this assumption.

I said scum didn't need to kill Damo and could target possible Tracker because Target is a liability for them. They were lucky (or saw something) hitting Ghug.

The way you are tryng to force a scumslip to save your neck makes me more sure of my vote.
Not trying to force. Reading your post and it looked too confident about them knowing to me. I don't see you as someone who is imprecise like that normally. I also don't see town!rdr tunneling me for prodding.

I'll need to dig up damo's read on you, because I'm really not seeing it.
I was confident on the reason why Damo is still alive. I am shit at looking for crumbs and PRs (and Damo can confirm this when we were scum together). I think scum have at least one experienced player.

I am not tunneling you. I keep flip floping my mind on you, Jamiet and Durga as the best choice for today. But I really fail to see how you interpret my post as a scumslip unless you were looking for a reason to get a counter to you (which could also be a towny move, I admit).
I refer you to my calling card.

Jamie I see. This is the first I'm hearing about Durga. Why do you think Durga is a best choice for today?

BunnyGo
Posts: 10324
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3260

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2073 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:17 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:07 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:02 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:01 pm


Sounds like a Yiddish word to me.
It does, I sadly speak (virtually) no yiddish. Can ask my grandmother when I see her in a couple days.
I assume you mean "mechanistic".
We won a war so we don't need to have you correct our language choices.

BunnyGo
Posts: 10324
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3260

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2074 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:23 pm

Good morning, Doom.

Doom427
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 am
Karma: 970

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2075 Post by Doom427 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:30 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:19 am
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:18 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:01 pm
Do you think it makes more sense to kill ghug even if they were 100% sure he was the tracker (somehow) rather than damo?
tbf you literally put this in the question you asked him. I'm not immediately convinced.
Not really. My point was "even if they knew". His response was "you're wrong on all counts...." and went on to explain why OF COURSE they would kill ghug.
This is quite literally baffling to me, and only makes sense to write if Bunny was scum.

I... I just...

So, Bunny is saying it makes no sense to kill Ghug, and scum team should want to leave Tracker alive (?)

Someone explains that A) scum team doesn't need to kill damo and B) tracker is helpful.

Bunny is convinced this is a scum slip?!?!? Because only scum would know that Ghug is tracker?!?!?

It's... it's the opposite of a scum slip? Mafia had no way of knowing last night if ghug was tracker or not. The reason to kill Ghug can only be at most half an attempt to shoot the tracker. The real reason would have nothign to do with tracker at all! Assuming that someone arguing the Ghug kill through tracker justification is scum is just so bad faith and ridiculous that it makes me thinks it scum jumping on that reason as the true reason.

Doom427
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 am
Karma: 970

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2076 Post by Doom427 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:30 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:23 pm
Good morning, Doom.
Hey Bunny, posting reactions as I go :)
1

Doom427
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 am
Karma: 970

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2077 Post by Doom427 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:38 pm

I'm also starting to get a scummy vibe from Durga, and it's growing stronger over time.

Ugh, this really is impossible.

For Durga, a lot of it is just her jumping on wagons kinda weirdly? She did it when I put pressure on Damo to get a reaction from him, and I explained why I did it, but she... never really explained why she joined in? I mean, prob the same reason I started it, but still strange?

Also this?
Durga wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:57 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:51 pm
Who wants to join me on Sabi?
Why Sabi?

##vote Sabi
I dunno, it might just be her strategy, still think it's odd. She's got the 4th highest word count, and it's been an entirely reactive game without any actual moves. Maybe I missed something, but...

Durga
Posts: 8828
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4249

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2078 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:41 pm

That's just kinda what I'm like. I'd argue scum are less likely to jump around actually. I jumped around a lot last game too, do you think it's different here?

But I haven't been entirely reactive I've pushed a lot and I'm trying to figure it out. I don't actually hate that post on me tho, surprisingly. A lot better than rdr randomly shading me every fifth post.

Durga
Posts: 8828
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4249

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2079 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:42 pm

Doom, have you shared your thoughts on tfb?

Doom427
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 am
Karma: 970

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#2080 Post by Doom427 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:43 pm

So, to recap, I've scum read...

DL, Durga, RDR, TFB, and Bunny today in the thread. (DL was a scum read by mistake)

I've also scum read Sabi and Jamie, for reasons others have said, but don't really want to vote them out today, and they're getting plenty of pressure anyway.

I guess I just have no idea what's going on. I have the opposite problem of Damo, when people talk I think they're bad. (except durga, which only happened after thinking on it more)

I think today I most want to vote out... Durga or Bunny? Jamiet/Sabi work fine too, though Sabi isn't that strong, mostly because they feel similar to last game. RDR and TFB are less scummy now that we've had time, and I've seen their reactions/talks with Bunny

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests