M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Durga

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1921 Post by Durga » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:05 pm

Why are you scum reading me rdr?

damo666

#1922 Post by damo666 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:05 pm

##vote Jamie

TheFlyingBoat

#1923 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:06 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:44 am
Here's my rereading of Doom:
Doom427 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:28 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:20 pm
Hi Doom,

Do you think the fact that you're inexperienced and easily pressured have a negative influence on your gameplay, given that you unfortunately rolled scum?

Please advise
I'm a cold bitch who doesn't react to anything. Makes me wish I rolled scum, so I could have fun posts to do that I think would benefit my team :(

But glad to see scum team is having a fun time manipulating us. Glad someone gets to have fun
Here she says shes a cold bitch and doesn't react to anything yet she has a meltdown once Jamie started to question her. Hmm 🤔
Doom427 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:20 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:41 pm
Hi Doom,

What's your impressions of damo and Boat man?

Would you support an lfischl kill?
On phone right now, but I thought Damo was the co-mod? I'll try and read up on them, but don't think I'll be able to post again until close to EoD
This feels like the fakes townslip ever. For someone who was on the ball and sharp as a diamond before would never make a newbie mistake like this esp since they supposedly read the set up of the game.
Doom427 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:53 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:32 pm

Tell me why.
My guess is because the "I totally have some people I think are scum, and I'll tell you all about it later" and the "So, anyway, tell me about your Reads Life?" Schtick is a little scummy. Thats at least why I'm

##Vote Snowy

And I really wanted to see snowy play town this time too :-(

I don't think it's exactly the same as snowies play last game, but lol I'm not rereading those posts
Hmm quite interesting right?
Doom427 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:45 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:41 pm
Hey Doom what's up?
Not much-I agree that we shouldn't vote out the person voting the most, and you finally gave out a read instead of sitting on it. So, I'll revote

##VOTE kak

I got a vibe, I dunno what to say. Trying to read fast to catch up to EoD. Realize that reties it but ... I'm on phone and type slow, dont like changing vote
6 minutes later she suddenly changes her mind about snowy, interesting hmmm.
Doom427 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:24 pm
Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:13 am

I don't recall you having issues in the much larger higher post count game?
Literally every time I tried to read snowy that game, I said I wasn't actually sure who he was. Which sounds like a shit post, cause snowy was posting so much, but it's true.

Maybe that's how I should tell town and scum snowy apart- town snowy posts a lot, but some of those posts actually stick with me cause they're saying something and scum snowy they won't cause it they aren't. (This game I have been able to tell who snowy is)
Yet she voted for him earlier even tho she said his posts seemed scummy.
---
I dunno she contradicts herself a lot and is making a lot of mistakes and "in so confused and overwhelmed" posts this game for someone who very obviously grasped how mafia worked very fast last game.

Like idk but this doom is very much not the same doom as last game. I rest my case.

##END
Just pull your old case back up for reference:

Point 1 just seems like a flippant response to what she perceived as a dumb question. Not an unreasonable response to "hey some guys think you're new and mentally weak, care to respond?"

Point 2 fair that was kinda weird.

Point 3/4 can be clubbed together as they basically follow from each other as a sort of how do you get from voting for Snowy to 6 minutes later yanking your vote and going elsewhere. That might be an interesting point...but they didn't switch from Snowy to Kak in 6 minutes. They voted for snowy with 7:07 left in the game. Over the course of the next 6 minutes their only posts were emojis to celebrate the rise and fall of peterbot. Her annoyance/reason to vote snowy seemed to be that snowy said he had some scum leans and wouldn't say what they were but would ask others "so how about your reads list eh?" I don't know if that claim is true or even it is a fair argument, but it is the one they stated in the thread with their vote. Her next post doesn't come for 4 hours where she makes some shit post about being a scab. It is only then, just barely SEVEN HOURS, not SIX MINUTES later that she changes her mind on him and the reason she gave is that he posted his reads, eliminating the primary reason she didn't trust him.

Point 5 seems some desire to make a parable out of a heuristic. No clue if it's a good one, but it doesn't seem to be scum indicative. Prolly just NAI to me re: 5.

Nothing here strikes me as scum. What am I missing besides the uncharacteristic breakdown, which was weird given how she played last game? Like this case really doesn't seem all that strong to me.

DeathLlama8

#1924 Post by DeathLlama8 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:06 pm

was the sabi wagon a reaction test? bc if so you guys picked the only person who would react that defensively regardless of their actual alignment

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1925 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:06 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:03 pm
##vote jamiet
no comment on behavior - I agree that it's unfair to disincentivize him being nice - but he had 45 posts yesterday, mostly before damo's reveal, without really actively scumhunting, and I don't have anything to townread him off of. The kakarroto townread is weird but probably something kaka would've felt more comfortable doing with a N0 chat, and also something that was expressed before the game.

That makes it 2-2-2?
Kaka said before the game he will be defending Jamiet from being killed so I think it's NAI. But I also agree that there is no reason to townread Jamiet this game.

damo666

#1926 Post by damo666 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:07 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:04 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:14 pm
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:16 pm

rip

also did you finish your reread? how are you feeling about the game state now
As for the game state I feel decent about it, but not great. I feel a little stuck, essentially one thread short of where I want to be to actually get a good scum read on someone instead of just getting some strong town reads from some and then having a group I get less townie vibes from but don't have a hard scum read on either.
I am feeling more or less the same. We have one clear, I have a strong townread (DL), two townreads which I won't vote now (Doom and TFB). And 4 people where I think we can find two scum, but can't really say who is more scummy.

The fact two of my townreads are voting me is pretty bad as it will be easy for scum to jump on me later.

Anyway, I will ##vote Bunny I liked a lot Bunny play last game and this game he seems to be just pushing bad reads/ideas. Not a solid case, I know, but it's my best bet at this point. I would of course vote any of Durga, Jamiet or Sabi to save myself.
Sounds like town rdr to me

TheFlyingBoat

#1927 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:07 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:40 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:21 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:13 pm

Because he was the second leading wagon. I still think doom is sus but it's a waste of a vote if I'm the only one
There are 26 hours left in the day. This isn't EOD. So I'll ask again beyond rdr being the largest counterwagon, why do you dislike him?

If you don't like doom, why not push a case on her and start a wagon? After all, there is time. My question to you re: doom, is given her vote on Kaka that made it a 3-3 with 15 mins left, which eventually let it become the biggest wagon in the game a few minutes later and forced Kaka to claim tracker on the block, what makes you think she is scum? I get some posts seemed off to you, but do you think scum!Doom makes that play? If so, why?
I made my case previously. I don't feel like repeating myself over and over again. Yall have all said that sometimes scum bus their own so like this could explain the kako vote.
Yes, scum do sometimes bus their own, that is very true. Why do you think Doom thought it was a good idea to bus here? Do you think Doom is that kind of player?

Durga

#1928 Post by Durga » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:08 pm

Why is TFB going ham defending.... Doom? So weird.

damo666

#1929 Post by damo666 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:08 pm

Sabi how do you square the fact you are on the same wagon as your main scumread?

Durga

#1930 Post by Durga » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:10 pm

Like who is even voting doom??

BesharamSabi

#1931 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:10 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:48 pm
repeat yourself then
the case hasn't picked up much traction. Do you think this is because the case itself isn't convincing enough? Do you think town are dismissing it unfairly, and if so, why? Or do you think, if Doom is actually scum, that scum are actively minimizing the merits of your case?
I think everyone is dismissing it easily because everyone is like why would she vote for kako at the same time everyone is saying scum have bussed one of their own before so it's mildly annoying to have people dismiss it but still think scum voted for kako. Doom and tfb are both setting off non VT thing. Part of me thinks tfb is the other child because he (besides durga) was the only one to jump on damo making a wagon on me asap.

damo666

#1932 Post by damo666 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:11 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:08 pm
ham?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1933 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:11 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:05 pm
I am not scumreading you, I just don't have a solid reason to townread you. Last game you were petty obviously town. This game you were against Kak kill D1 which is inline with you not bussing as scum. You want sibling to claim. Not really big things, that's why I am not pushing your kill, but can't say I townread you and I really wish I can because it will make the game a lot easier.

Durga

#1934 Post by Durga » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:12 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:11 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:05 pm
I am not scumreading you, I just don't have a solid reason to townread you. Last game you were petty obviously town. This game you were against Kak kill D1 which is inline with you not bussing as scum. You want sibling to claim. Not really big things, that's why I am not pushing your kill, but can't say I townread you and I really wish I can because it will make the game a lot easier.
What about the rest of my thousand posts 🥴

Durga

#1935 Post by Durga » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:12 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:11 pm
Durga wrote:
ham?
Like going hard yknow.

Durga

#1936 Post by Durga » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:13 pm

I think Sabi is town tbh

BesharamSabi

#1937 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:13 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:06 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:44 am
Here's my rereading of Doom:
Doom427 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:28 pm

I'm a cold bitch who doesn't react to anything. Makes me wish I rolled scum, so I could have fun posts to do that I think would benefit my team :(

But glad to see scum team is having a fun time manipulating us. Glad someone gets to have fun
Here she says shes a cold bitch and doesn't react to anything yet she has a meltdown once Jamie started to question her. Hmm 🤔
Doom427 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:20 pm

On phone right now, but I thought Damo was the co-mod? I'll try and read up on them, but don't think I'll be able to post again until close to EoD
This feels like the fakes townslip ever. For someone who was on the ball and sharp as a diamond before would never make a newbie mistake like this esp since they supposedly read the set up of the game.
Doom427 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:53 pm

My guess is because the "I totally have some people I think are scum, and I'll tell you all about it later" and the "So, anyway, tell me about your Reads Life?" Schtick is a little scummy. Thats at least why I'm

##Vote Snowy

And I really wanted to see snowy play town this time too :-(

I don't think it's exactly the same as snowies play last game, but lol I'm not rereading those posts
Hmm quite interesting right?
Doom427 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:45 pm

Not much-I agree that we shouldn't vote out the person voting the most, and you finally gave out a read instead of sitting on it. So, I'll revote

##VOTE kak

I got a vibe, I dunno what to say. Trying to read fast to catch up to EoD. Realize that reties it but ... I'm on phone and type slow, dont like changing vote
6 minutes later she suddenly changes her mind about snowy, interesting hmmm.
Doom427 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:24 pm

Literally every time I tried to read snowy that game, I said I wasn't actually sure who he was. Which sounds like a shit post, cause snowy was posting so much, but it's true.

Maybe that's how I should tell town and scum snowy apart- town snowy posts a lot, but some of those posts actually stick with me cause they're saying something and scum snowy they won't cause it they aren't. (This game I have been able to tell who snowy is)
Yet she voted for him earlier even tho she said his posts seemed scummy.
---
I dunno she contradicts herself a lot and is making a lot of mistakes and "in so confused and overwhelmed" posts this game for someone who very obviously grasped how mafia worked very fast last game.

Like idk but this doom is very much not the same doom as last game. I rest my case.

##END
Just pull your old case back up for reference:

Point 1 just seems like a flippant response to what she perceived as a dumb question. Not an unreasonable response to "hey some guys think you're new and mentally weak, care to respond?"

Point 2 fair that was kinda weird.

Point 3/4 can be clubbed together as they basically follow from each other as a sort of how do you get from voting for Snowy to 6 minutes later yanking your vote and going elsewhere. That might be an interesting point...but they didn't switch from Snowy to Kak in 6 minutes. They voted for snowy with 7:07 left in the game. Over the course of the next 6 minutes their only posts were emojis to celebrate the rise and fall of peterbot. Her annoyance/reason to vote snowy seemed to be that snowy said he had some scum leans and wouldn't say what they were but would ask others "so how about your reads list eh?" I don't know if that claim is true or even it is a fair argument, but it is the one they stated in the thread with their vote. Her next post doesn't come for 4 hours where she makes some shit post about being a scab. It is only then, just barely SEVEN HOURS, not SIX MINUTES later that she changes her mind on him and the reason she gave is that he posted his reads, eliminating the primary reason she didn't trust him.

Point 5 seems some desire to make a parable out of a heuristic. No clue if it's a good one, but it doesn't seem to be scum indicative. Prolly just NAI to me re: 5.

Nothing here strikes me as scum. What am I missing besides the uncharacteristic breakdown, which was weird given how she played last game? Like this case really doesn't seem all that strong to me.
For point one:

She was questioned and targeted a lot more in last game and never had this reaction. Jamiet only questioned her once that caused this.

A lot of this is just based off her posting and game playing this time around. Her posting style is different than last game. I am sorry it isn't rock solid but this is the surest person I feel like isn't VT.

TheFlyingBoat

#1938 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:14 pm

Durga wrote:
1) Roughly same thing I posted in response to a similar question last game, killing people I view strongly as town is bad and is a waste of the limited shots we have, therefore I take action to prevent that

2) Because I like being right and I was dragged/dragged myself into this argument, and I want to carry it through to completion. Probably a personality flaw. C'est la vie.

3) Because Sabi didn't want to repeat it and I wanted to analyze it to see if I was actually missing something. As I analyzed their case against Doom it got worse and worse looking to me and I figured it's worth pointing that out.

4) I just haven't seen anything in Doom's play to suggest she is a busser D1 given the circumstances we saw

BesharamSabi

#1939 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:15 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:06 pm
was the sabi wagon a reaction test? bc if so you guys picked the only person who would react that defensively regardless of their actual alignment
Last game I was encouraging worcej and Bunny wagon on me and voting for myself. This is myself toning myself down.

Durga

#1940 Post by Durga » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:15 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:14 pm
Durga wrote:
1) Roughly same thing I posted in response to a similar question last game, killing people I view strongly as town is bad and is a waste of the limited shots we have, therefore I take action to prevent that

2) Because I like being right and I was dragged/dragged myself into this argument, and I want to carry it through to completion. Probably a personality flaw. C'est la vie.

3) Because Sabi didn't want to repeat it and I wanted to analyze it to see if I was actually missing something. As I analyzed their case against Doom it got worse and worse looking to me and I figured it's worth pointing that out.

4) I just haven't seen anything in Doom's play to suggest she is a busser D1 given the circumstances we saw
Who is killing doom? 🥴