M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12128
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6392

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1121 Post by ghug » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:13 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:52 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:25 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:23 pm


What was your tracker realization? Is it somehow more powerful than I think it is? Even if the tracker hits scum there is still only a 1 in 3 chance we hit them and the chance for mistakes is definitely room for false positives and false negatives.
If Kak's scum, he's going to perform the kills, and the tracker already knows he's scum, which means there's no longer any use to the role.
So is your thought we kill Kak early and free up the tracker to take more shots again? I personally thought earlier the best time to kill him was the day before kilo where we order the tracker to counterclaim and provide all reads, so if we're wrong we can kill the other guy and if there is no counterclaim we trust Kak, order him to dump all his reads, and thank him for his service when mafia invariably kills him that night.
I mean, that's basically saying we kill him tomorrow if we're wrong today, right?

I think I'm still in favor of never killing an un-CCed PR, but it does mean we're resigning ourselves to never getting anything of use out of the tracker.
1

Durga
Posts: 8836
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4261

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1122 Post by Durga » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:41 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:10 am
Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:46 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:46 pm


Ok why are you townreading me?
Vibes
See? Weird
I feel like maybe I just can't read you anymore
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12128
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6392

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1123 Post by ghug » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:44 am

Durga wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:41 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:10 am
Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:46 pm


Vibes
See? Weird
I feel like maybe I just can't read you anymore
Have you ever been able to read me?
1

Durga
Posts: 8836
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4261

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1124 Post by Durga » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:48 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:44 am
Durga wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:41 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:10 am


See? Weird
I feel like maybe I just can't read you anymore
Have you ever been able to read me?
Yes? I think so?
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12128
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6392

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1125 Post by ghug » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:55 am

Durga wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:48 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:44 am
Durga wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:41 am


I feel like maybe I just can't read you anymore
Have you ever been able to read me?
Yes? I think so?
I recall you ending our friendship multiple times over my fooling you.
1

Durga
Posts: 8836
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4261

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1126 Post by Durga » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:08 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:55 am
Durga wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:48 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:44 am


Have you ever been able to read me?
Yes? I think so?
I recall you ending our friendship multiple times over my fooling you.
Stop you're making me sound dramatic
1

TheFlyingBoat
Posts: 721
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:24 pm
Karma: 1320

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1127 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:45 am

Smh it's been two and a half hours and the only things posted are the ghug durga love affair
1

Durga
Posts: 8836
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4261

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1128 Post by Durga » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:56 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:45 am
Smh it's been two and a half hours and the only things posted are the ghug durga love affair
Okay who do you think is scum
1

BesharamSabi
Posts: 1088
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 1997

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1129 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:22 am

Anyway date sucked, tfb and durga can attest to that with my discord rants.

Going to reread doom now.
1

Durga
Posts: 8836
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4261

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1130 Post by Durga » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:41 am

Durga wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:56 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:45 am
Smh it's been two and a half hours and the only things posted are the ghug durga love affair
Okay who do you think is scum
Gdi he complained and then ghosted me
1

BesharamSabi
Posts: 1088
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 1997

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1131 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:54 am

Durga wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:41 am
Durga wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:56 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:45 am
Smh it's been two and a half hours and the only things posted are the ghug durga love affair
Okay who do you think is scum
Gdi he complained and then ghosted me
He's too busy talking about diplomacy instead of redacted.
1

Durga
Posts: 8836
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4261

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1132 Post by Durga » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:06 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:54 am
Durga wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:41 am
Durga wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:56 am


Okay who do you think is scum
Gdi he complained and then ghosted me
He's too busy talking about diplomacy instead of redacted.
Damn I'm so neglected.

Anyway, how did your reread go
1

BesharamSabi
Posts: 1088
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 1997

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1133 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:08 am

Durga wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:06 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:54 am
Durga wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:41 am


Gdi he complained and then ghosted me
He's too busy talking about diplomacy instead of redacted.
Damn I'm so neglected.

Anyway, how did your reread go
I'm not going to lie but I haven't started my reread yet. Been a bit pre occupied but I'm going to bed and will reread her in there.
1

BesharamSabi
Posts: 1088
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 1997

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1134 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:44 am

Here's my rereading of Doom:
Doom427 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:28 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:20 pm
Hi Doom,

Do you think the fact that you're inexperienced and easily pressured have a negative influence on your gameplay, given that you unfortunately rolled scum?

Please advise
I'm a cold bitch who doesn't react to anything. Makes me wish I rolled scum, so I could have fun posts to do that I think would benefit my team :(

But glad to see scum team is having a fun time manipulating us. Glad someone gets to have fun
Here she says shes a cold bitch and doesn't react to anything yet she has a meltdown once Jamie started to question her. Hmm 🤔
Doom427 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:20 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:41 pm
Hi Doom,

What's your impressions of damo and Boat man?

Would you support an lfischl kill?
On phone right now, but I thought Damo was the co-mod? I'll try and read up on them, but don't think I'll be able to post again until close to EoD
This feels like the fakes townslip ever. For someone who was on the ball and sharp as a diamond before would never make a newbie mistake like this esp since they supposedly read the set up of the game.
Doom427 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:53 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:32 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:51 am
##Vote Snowy
Tell me why.
My guess is because the "I totally have some people I think are scum, and I'll tell you all about it later" and the "So, anyway, tell me about your Reads Life?" Schtick is a little scummy. Thats at least why I'm

##Vote Snowy

And I really wanted to see snowy play town this time too :-(

I don't think it's exactly the same as snowies play last game, but lol I'm not rereading those posts
Hmm quite interesting right?
Doom427 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:45 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:41 pm
Hey Doom what's up?
Not much-I agree that we shouldn't vote out the person voting the most, and you finally gave out a read instead of sitting on it. So, I'll revote

##VOTE kak

I got a vibe, I dunno what to say. Trying to read fast to catch up to EoD. Realize that reties it but ... I'm on phone and type slow, dont like changing vote
6 minutes later she suddenly changes her mind about snowy, interesting hmmm.
Doom427 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:24 pm
Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:13 am
Doom427 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:11 am
Well, was hoping we'd have more to say, but not too much yet.

Cause we have flips on death, doubt there's even any info people will want to give end of night tomorrow.

And I still have trouble keeping everyone apart. It's less people, but it's still a lot of people to keep straight, I'm gonna think some people are the wrong thing for a while. Especially cause Bot on phone sounds annoying af, and when I just follow the forum thread anything over 3 pages back is not gonna be in my head at all.
But tomorrow I'm at work, which means laptop access all day, for super smart doom reads.
I don't recall you having issues in the much larger higher post count game?
Literally every time I tried to read snowy that game, I said I wasn't actually sure who he was. Which sounds like a shit post, cause snowy was posting so much, but it's true.

Maybe that's how I should tell town and scum snowy apart- town snowy posts a lot, but some of those posts actually stick with me cause they're saying something and scum snowy they won't cause it they aren't. (This game I have been able to tell who snowy is)
Yet she voted for him earlier even tho she said his posts seemed scummy.
---
I dunno she contradicts herself a lot and is making a lot of mistakes and "in so confused and overwhelmed" posts this game for someone who very obviously grasped how mafia worked very fast last game.

Like idk but this doom is very much not the same doom as last game. I rest my case.

##END
1

BesharamSabi
Posts: 1088
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 1997

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1135 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:50 am

Like how are you going to be so calm and collected and caught on to your first mafia game that had 20+ people with no reveals that quite literally had hundred pages a day but somehow struggle to understand a 13 person game that barely has any posts and has reveals.

Like make it make sense.

I love you doom but I dunno this performance in this game feels very fake.
1

DeathLlama8
Posts: 783
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:10 am
Karma: 675

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1136 Post by DeathLlama8 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:00 am

Hey Sabi - I haven't played with Doom before, but the general behavioral case you've made seems pretty strong. Why do you think Doom's behavior surrounding Snowy (with the vote, switch to Kakarroto, and later explanation) is inherently scummy, and what is the scum motivation for taking this stance against someone we now know is town?
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12128
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6392

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1137 Post by ghug » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:21 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:44 am
Here's my rereading of Doom:
Doom427 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:28 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:20 pm
Hi Doom,

Do you think the fact that you're inexperienced and easily pressured have a negative influence on your gameplay, given that you unfortunately rolled scum?

Please advise
I'm a cold bitch who doesn't react to anything. Makes me wish I rolled scum, so I could have fun posts to do that I think would benefit my team :(

But glad to see scum team is having a fun time manipulating us. Glad someone gets to have fun
Here she says shes a cold bitch and doesn't react to anything yet she has a meltdown once Jamie started to question her. Hmm 🤔
Doom427 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:20 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:41 pm
Hi Doom,

What's your impressions of damo and Boat man?

Would you support an lfischl kill?
On phone right now, but I thought Damo was the co-mod? I'll try and read up on them, but don't think I'll be able to post again until close to EoD
This feels like the fakes townslip ever. For someone who was on the ball and sharp as a diamond before would never make a newbie mistake like this esp since they supposedly read the set up of the game.
Doom427 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:53 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:32 pm


Tell me why.
My guess is because the "I totally have some people I think are scum, and I'll tell you all about it later" and the "So, anyway, tell me about your Reads Life?" Schtick is a little scummy. Thats at least why I'm

##Vote Snowy

And I really wanted to see snowy play town this time too :-(

I don't think it's exactly the same as snowies play last game, but lol I'm not rereading those posts
Hmm quite interesting right?
Doom427 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:45 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:41 pm
Hey Doom what's up?
Not much-I agree that we shouldn't vote out the person voting the most, and you finally gave out a read instead of sitting on it. So, I'll revote

##VOTE kak

I got a vibe, I dunno what to say. Trying to read fast to catch up to EoD. Realize that reties it but ... I'm on phone and type slow, dont like changing vote
6 minutes later she suddenly changes her mind about snowy, interesting hmmm.
Doom427 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:24 pm
Durga wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:13 am


I don't recall you having issues in the much larger higher post count game?
Literally every time I tried to read snowy that game, I said I wasn't actually sure who he was. Which sounds like a shit post, cause snowy was posting so much, but it's true.

Maybe that's how I should tell town and scum snowy apart- town snowy posts a lot, but some of those posts actually stick with me cause they're saying something and scum snowy they won't cause it they aren't. (This game I have been able to tell who snowy is)
Yet she voted for him earlier even tho she said his posts seemed scummy.
---
I dunno she contradicts herself a lot and is making a lot of mistakes and "in so confused and overwhelmed" posts this game for someone who very obviously grasped how mafia worked very fast last game.

Like idk but this doom is very much not the same doom as last game. I rest my case.

##END
Can you replace all the "hmm, interesting" type comments with analysis of what you find interesting? The idea that you're presenting things with vague aspersions for others to push forward isn't great itself, and for many of the posts, I'm not actually clear what it is you're trying to call attention to.
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12128
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6392

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1138 Post by ghug » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:12 am

Frere Vecna, Frere Vecna
Dormez vouz, dormez vouz
Sonnez les matines, sonnez les matines
Ding dang dong
##VOTE Vecna
1

DeathLlama8
Posts: 783
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:10 am
Karma: 675

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1139 Post by DeathLlama8 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:19 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:12 am
Frere Vecna, Frere Vecna
Dormez vouz, dormez vouz
Sonnez les matines, sonnez les matines
Ding dang dong
##VOTE Vecna
hi we're actually doing a german themed game, please respect that
1

BesharamSabi
Posts: 1088
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 1997

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1140 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:22 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:21 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:44 am
Here's my rereading of Doom:
Doom427 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:28 pm


I'm a cold bitch who doesn't react to anything. Makes me wish I rolled scum, so I could have fun posts to do that I think would benefit my team :(

But glad to see scum team is having a fun time manipulating us. Glad someone gets to have fun
Here she says shes a cold bitch and doesn't react to anything yet she has a meltdown once Jamie started to question her. Hmm 🤔
Doom427 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:20 pm


On phone right now, but I thought Damo was the co-mod? I'll try and read up on them, but don't think I'll be able to post again until close to EoD
This feels like the fakes townslip ever. For someone who was on the ball and sharp as a diamond before would never make a newbie mistake like this esp since they supposedly read the set up of the game.
Doom427 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:53 pm


My guess is because the "I totally have some people I think are scum, and I'll tell you all about it later" and the "So, anyway, tell me about your Reads Life?" Schtick is a little scummy. Thats at least why I'm

##Vote Snowy

And I really wanted to see snowy play town this time too :-(

I don't think it's exactly the same as snowies play last game, but lol I'm not rereading those posts
Hmm quite interesting right?
Doom427 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:45 pm


Not much-I agree that we shouldn't vote out the person voting the most, and you finally gave out a read instead of sitting on it. So, I'll revote

##VOTE kak

I got a vibe, I dunno what to say. Trying to read fast to catch up to EoD. Realize that reties it but ... I'm on phone and type slow, dont like changing vote
6 minutes later she suddenly changes her mind about snowy, interesting hmmm.
Doom427 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:24 pm


Literally every time I tried to read snowy that game, I said I wasn't actually sure who he was. Which sounds like a shit post, cause snowy was posting so much, but it's true.

Maybe that's how I should tell town and scum snowy apart- town snowy posts a lot, but some of those posts actually stick with me cause they're saying something and scum snowy they won't cause it they aren't. (This game I have been able to tell who snowy is)
Yet she voted for him earlier even tho she said his posts seemed scummy.
---
I dunno she contradicts herself a lot and is making a lot of mistakes and "in so confused and overwhelmed" posts this game for someone who very obviously grasped how mafia worked very fast last game.

Like idk but this doom is very much not the same doom as last game. I rest my case.

##END
Can you replace all the "hmm, interesting" type comments with analysis of what you find interesting? The idea that you're presenting things with vague aspersions for others to push forward isn't great itself, and for many of the posts, I'm not actually clear what it is you're trying to call attention to.
The point is her posts and reads have been erratic which was not like her at all in game 70 especially since this game is 100 times easier and calmer. The fact she "misremembered" damo is sus when doom is the type to read up a lot set up.

I just find it odd she was all in on snowy being scummy because of how his posts are, changes her mind 6 minutes later to kak and then 8 hours later says "oh well I can read snowy and he seems town". So how did his post seem scummy then suddenly she knows he isn't scummy because of his posts. Just seems very unlike doom.

I have been drinking so bear with me on this.
1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jamiet99uk and 11 guests