M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#481 Post by ghug » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:56 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:54 pm
So essentially your summation of the day is "shrug, got no idea"?
Is yours not?

snowy801

#482 Post by snowy801 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:57 pm

ghug wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:56 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Is yours not?
Nope

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#483 Post by ghug » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:59 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:57 pm
ghug wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:56 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Is yours not?
Nope
Can you actually share your fucking thoughts then?

We're facing a dearth of meaningful discussion from which to draw reads, which is why the few of us actually trying to do so are struggling. The "I'm going to sit back and watch" schtick it's all well and good when there's plenty of other content being generated, but if you have something to say that could actually get us moving somewhere, you should just say it.

Kakarroto

#484 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:05 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:43 pm
kaka I'll vote whoever you tell me to if you say something interesting
something interesting :Kappa:

But honestly, what is this situation right now, 3 people on snowy and two on lfischl? uber still a target who might just get substituted? Ghug voting Jamie is also very disturbing.

Only DL and snowy seem to really care about their votes for solving the game. I mean first it was kinda a joke but now I feel better about my ghug vote after him going for Jamie of all people ... again. No rhyme or reason and it doesn't feel like a joke. As if the past games didn't teach him something.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#485 Post by ghug » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:06 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:05 pm
snowy801 wrote:

But honestly, what is this situation right now, 3 people on snowy and two on lfischl? uber still a target who might just get substituted? Ghug voting Jamie is also very disturbing.

Only DL and snowy seem to really care about their votes for solving the game. I mean first it was kinda a joke but now I feel better about my ghug vote after him going for Jamie of all people ... again. No rhyme or reason and it doesn't feel like a joke. As if the past games didn't teach him something.
Hmm I guess I'd also be open to killing Kak

Kakarroto

#486 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:07 pm

ghug wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:06 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:05 pm
snowy801 wrote:

Hmm I guess I'd also be open to killing Kak
at least that would be some progression

snowy801

#487 Post by snowy801 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:08 pm

It's so easy to be outraged at things

But ghug, at the risk of sounding smugly self satisfied, you are by design ignorant to my thoughts and plans and I am not. Given this premise, would you not accept that I am doing what I think is most beneficial in this current moment?

Someone's gotta do something, after all. Else I guess I'll just die if nobody does

Which is not to say I'm not doing anything incredibly amazing, but such as it is. Most of my thoughts have been floated out anyway, and it's not like I have any hard grasp on the matter, just ideas

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#488 Post by ghug » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:09 pm

Past games have taught me that:
a) Jamie rarely provides value to the town
b) Jamie often provides value to his team as scum
c) Jamie will have an explosion of toxicity at some point

Even if you don't want to get into c, a and b are perfectly adequate reasons to kill him right now in absence of other reads.

Vecna

#489 Post by Vecna » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:09 pm

some annoying internet outage going on here atm. if it persists and im awake still ill check eod on my phone.

ill be more involved tomorrow when my brain is also hopefully working properly again.

Vecna

#490 Post by Vecna » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:11 pm

##vote kakkarot

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#491 Post by ghug » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:11 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:08 pm

But ghug, at the risk of sounding smugly self satisfied, you are by design ignorant to my thoughts and plans and I am not. Given this premise, would you not accept that I am doing what I think is most beneficial in this current moment?

Someone's gotta do something, after all. Else I guess I'll just die if nobody does

Which is not to say I'm not doing anything incredibly amazing, but such as it is. Most of my thoughts have been floated out anyway, and it's not like I have any hard grasp on the matter, just ideas
I believe you believe your current behavior is the best for you. I don't have any special reason to believe that you're town, or that your assessment is correct if you are.

I'm frustrated by the lack of information to go on, and would like you to share your thoughts on the game. That should be reason enough for you to share your thoughts on the game.

snowy801

#492 Post by snowy801 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:14 pm

ghug wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:11 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:08 pm

I believe you believe your current behavior is the best for you. I don't have any special reason to believe that you're town, or that your assessment is correct if you are.

I'm frustrated by the lack of information to go on, and would like you to share your thoughts on the game. That should be reason enough for you to share your thoughts on the game.
This is fair, but Kaka just got here and I'd like to hear what he has to say first

Pinky promise

Kakarroto

#493 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:15 pm

ghug wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:09 pm

Even if you don't want to get into c, a and b are perfectly adequate reasons to kill him right now in absence of other reads.
a) Jamie often gets side tracked by other town members and his opinions disregarded, thus is barred to provide true value
b) Jamie loses when he is mafia anyway
c) it's only fair to give him a fair chance if he tries his best and don't condemn before any foul act. Maybe it's only subconsciously but from what I've seen that's still there.

DeathLlama8

#494 Post by DeathLlama8 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:15 pm

that was not as interesting as I was hoping for but I’ll take it
##vote damo - so much posting without really doing anything, and I don’t like him parking a vote on lfischl for those reasons

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#495 Post by ghug » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:18 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:15 pm
ghug wrote:

a) Jamie often gets side tracked by other town members and his opinions disregarded, thus is barred to provide true value
c) it's only fair to give him a fair chance if he tries his best and don't condemn before any foul act. Maybe it's only subconsciously but from what I've seen that's still there.
I've chosen not to litigate c) in any of the last three games and he's found reason to become toxic anyway, so I'm done with the benefit of the doubt. I think you're simultaneously underselling him and overselling him on the other two points. There's a reason he so regularly ends up in the position to decide the outcome of the game as town, and his scumgame is strong.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#496 Post by ghug » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:19 pm

##VOTE Kak (not because we disagree about Jamie, but because he backed his joke vote into a scumread based on something he knows full well I've done many times as town)

snowy801

#497 Post by snowy801 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:19 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
ghug wrote:

That's who you wouldn't vote for, but who would you?

You've been on ghug for a while. Seemed a bit of a joke vote but still on that wagon? Any developments since?

snowy801

#498 Post by snowy801 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:28 pm

Man this is going to end in some weird tie I can already see it

Kakarroto

#499 Post by Kakarroto » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:33 pm

ghug wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:18 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
ghug wrote:

I've chosen not to litigate c) in any of the last three games and he's found reason to become toxic anyway, so I'm done with the benefit of the doubt. I think you're simultaneously underselling him and overselling him on the other two points. There's a reason he so regularly ends up in the position to decide the outcome of the game as town, and his scumgame is strong.
From what I've seen he hasn't been really given a real chance (due to lingering subconscious prejudice), but I don't claim to be able to read minds, so I can be wrong there. I still think you are in the wrong to directly going for Jamie here and think it is kinda lazy and you should up your hunting.

I mean, just look at the sign up thread, nobody cared about his posts and in the game before he was the only town voted out. Are you absolutely sure that he got a fair chance?

snowy801

#500 Post by snowy801 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:37 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:33 pm
ghug wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:18 pm
Kakarroto wrote:

From what I've seen he hasn't been really given a real chance (due to lingering subconscious prejudice), but I don't claim to be able to read minds, so I can be wrong there. I still think you are in the wrong to directly going for Jamie here and think it is kinda lazy and you should up your hunting.

I mean, just look at the sign up thread, nobody cared about his posts and in the game before he was the only town voted out. Are you absolutely sure that he got a fair chance?
Do you not? He had 4 days to make an impact and spent the entire time being idle