M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#11661 Post by Vecna » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:13 pm

(look sabi, im being controversial! 8-) )

President Eden

#11662 Post by President Eden » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:13 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:10 pm
President Eden wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:06 pm
Fabricating reasons to attack somebody and present skepticism toward our clears while still taking the stance that they're clears and we shouldn't vote them is exactly what a mafia in the POE would do while employing a strategy whose only apparent purpose is to make us doubt our clears.
Snowy has been fabricating reasons to attack me non-stop and is also doubting our clears.

Sabi has not been representing my playstyle in a way that I do not feel is entirely accurate as well.

do all these things also come from scum?

You only seem to be bothered when it targets you.

Your response was over the top. Stop being so dramatic. It does not become you.
I don't see where snowy has been fabricating reasons to attack you. If you're not just mafia here then your play has objectively been lazy and reactive, and loaded with crappy gotchas instead of real hunting. That's all true.

And taking for granted for a moment that your characterization of Sabi's description of your play style is accurate, she's at least sincere, or seems sincere, in what she's pushing. You look like you're just fishing for low-hanging fruit to coast through another day.

You are also mischaracterizing my response. I'm not being dramatic. Your posts suck and you're better than them. That's just fact.

snowy801

#11663 Post by snowy801 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:14 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:12 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:54 pm
I still have no idea what Bunny's on about but apparently other people do so whatever

You know when bozo went all mysterious old man in the woods at me shit made perfect sense. Be like bozo, don't be like Bunny
He was scum…trying to make you town read him.

You’ll figure out what I’m on in a couple days.

It’ll sort itself out either way, I’m not worried.
No I mean bozo from M69

Sorry I guess you weren't there shit was wild and he won us the fucking game

BesharamSabi

#11664 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:14 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:18 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:41 pm
Doom427 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:39 pm
Doom says-

I dunno, what is there to say? We already are the longest game ever, aren't we?

We're playing Chicken with scum team, and I think we can make another kill without me wanting to blink. I'll revote for someone else around death time, if vote is better on someone else.
Care to remind me your general thoughts?
Ghug and Sabi both put the least amount of voting pressure on Tom, who's our confirmed scum. So, they gotta go first. Chaqa is cop, full stop. You're Miller, really likely, Bona and WorceJ are town, pretty likely. Oracle should scan Bozo, cause who else is there to scan? I think that's the best choice.
Uhhhh I literally said I couldn't read him because he barely posted and was a forgettable poster. I did vote for him on his wagon day so uhhhh. Huh?

Vecna

#11665 Post by Vecna » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:14 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:03 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:00 pm
What do you feel about PE's reaction just now?

Was my post truly that egregious?
Well, you lied about me attacking you, your question transparently wasn't driving at any genuine scumhunting conclusion, and you don't even suspect me or the town PRs while appearing skeptical of both in your response. So yes, it was that egregious.
Did I actually say you were attacking me?

Doom427

#11666 Post by Doom427 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:15 pm

Alright, I don't get the rdr votes here. Day 2-RDR votes bozo most of the day, ends on Tom and says he'll swap to Bozo if it's between Bozo and Worcej. Day 3 he mostly just... voted Tom, and said he thought Tom was scum. I don't understand. Why are we going for him here? Before any of the others?

BunnyGo

#11667 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:15 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:14 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
I still have no idea what Bunny's on about but apparently other people do so whatever

You know when bozo went all mysterious old man in the woods at me shit made perfect sense. Be like bozo, don't be like Bunny

No I mean bozo from M69

That’s cool. I don’t like heroes in a team game. I like people doing their jobs. I think things are going well for town and I don’t intend to screw it up.

President Eden

#11668 Post by President Eden » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:15 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:44 pm
Its funny that you've been attacking me over holding this opinion all game, yet nothing of those basic facts that made jasnah a good reveal have changed, and now youre suddenly jumping on that boat.

Also, none of the facts that why Chaqa is the most believable PR (bar W/B) have changed much, yet these things you mention now were the things you have disregarded in your assesment most of the game.

So, help me with this; why is this post not just pretty words that dont match with your general play this game whatsoever?
Homie you literally used the exact phrase "you've been attacking me" :lol: :lol:

BesharamSabi

#11669 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:16 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:13 pm
Wow do I need to send you shrooms infused cookies?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#11670 Post by ghug » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:16 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:18 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:59 am
I think I'm staying on snowy unless there's some traction on ghug.
Universal truth, thats probably wrong in ~30% of all games

Whenever I find reasons to like/not want to kill Ghug, he usually is scum. That usually also results in him appealing a ton to me for survival. Is this happening this game: yes

Whenever I get super annoyed with Ghug and constantly wanna kill him (and vise versa) were probably both town. Is this happening this game: none whatsoever.

Ghug, thoughts?
This is how I used to read you, but not so much anymore. I think it's a decent heuristic for me most of the time, but I'm definitely not appealing to you a ton for survival this game.

snowy801

#11671 Post by snowy801 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:17 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:06 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:57 pm
Vecna wrote:

I think I was actually gonna let it work in your favor, and wasnt intended as a gotcha, since I was feeling some recurring suspicion there myself at the time of reading.

As for your other statement; I guess its somewhat fair, but youre also basing it on Durga who probably put on some massively rose-tinted glasses and compared my play to a very easy game we dumpstered together when ND was tunning the show as scum.

I dont think this is a particularly easy gamestate were in atm. I dont feel like faking some measure of certainty I do not have. If people think that is scum indicative, thats their prerogative, but ill only say I wouldnt have any issues actually faking certainty in this situation if I was so inclined. And as scum, I -probably- would be, because I know that that works much better to convince most people.
I do concede that shit doesn't make sense, but I argue that if for whatever reason PoE gets wiped out and the game doesn't end, which I'm finding more and more likely, there's still going to be like at most 2 scum and they can choose who to kill then and there

No reason to doubt our chosen path yet
Also, we dont have that long. The poe is realistically 7 people, right. By the time we kill all those, scum will have won.

The most likely scenario: scum kill doom tonight, same situation tomorrow, minus 1 in the poe pool.

Then 3 full phases later, we'll be left with Chaqa, TFB, and 4 people in the Poe pool. Thatll be your milo most likely.

Are you really feeling confident we'll have won this game before that situation? I really dont think you feel its as easy as killing me. You know I wouldve just conceded that situation. Even if its me and someone else.....who could realistically be my partner for me to feel it worthwhile putting up any sort of fight? Surely only Worcej + Bona?
I think so?
I did the math before but it's on my home PC I might have time to share it before day ends

Also worcej + bona are who I think of as my most solid town clears so eh

Maybe you're right but I dunno I don't think I would concede here so I'm not inclined to wifom on whether anyone else would, even if you admittedly have done so in the past

But this all begs the question: if not you then who? You don't seem particularly sold on rdrivera, and neither am I. Do you want to start flipping PRs now? What's your solution to this current game?

If you had full control of all the votes from now to the end of the game, who would you vote out and why?

Vecna

#11672 Post by Vecna » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:18 pm

Vecna wrote:
President Eden wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:03 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:00 pm
What do you feel about PE's reaction just now?

Was my post truly that egregious?
Well, you lied about me attacking you, your question transparently wasn't driving at any genuine scumhunting conclusion, and you don't even suspect me or the town PRs while appearing skeptical of both in your response. So yes, it was that egregious.
Did I actually say you were attacking me?
Ok, so I did.

Can we bury this dumb hatchet?

Lets like, attribute it to me feeling attacked for the later last half of the game? And just being confused about which those people were? And then seeing you post those same reasons people have been criticizing me for for the better part of the game?

Lets just say its me appeasing my raptor brain of not having to be suspicious of everyone, even though you do fit the bill of one of the few players that -probably- could fake this high level of scum play. Thats my assesment at least. There. see it as a compliment or whatever.

Can we move on?

You dont think im a worthwhile kill. I dont think you are. I said something questionable, I guess. It happens.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#11673 Post by ghug » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:18 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:33 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:09 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:02 am

Exercises for the reader are the best. Sometimes that's the only way they internalize a point.
I spent a year as a math major and then decided I liked sex, drugs, and money more.
If I ever visit a US tournament that youre also attending, ill bring some acid so we can both share an american jailcell for 20 years together
There's nothing I'd like to do less on acid than play Diplomacy.

snowy801

#11674 Post by snowy801 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:18 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:15 pm
snowy801 wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

No I mean bozo from M69

That’s cool. I don’t like heroes in a team game. I like people doing their jobs. I think things are going well for town and I don’t intend to screw it up.
He wasn't being a hero he just destroyed Vecna (and by proxy me, who was townclear) with a stupendous barrage facts and logic

Mind you some of the facts and logic were off but it was still amazing, and the best anyone could intuit given the circumstances

BunnyGo

#11675 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:19 pm

Just a reminder to our Oracle:

Keep doing such a great job. You’re wonderful neither seen nor heard for another 2 days. Just the way you are.

But don’t let us DK you!

Vecna

#11676 Post by Vecna » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:20 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:16 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:13 pm
Wow do I need to send you shrooms infused cookies?
Just trust the person that called out Chaqa the dog person.

You will not be disappointed. Im not trying to fool you.

I like cats. Cats like me. Cats are assholes, but also a good judge of character.

More controversy. Ill take those infused cookies now.

BunnyGo

#11677 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:22 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:18 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

No I mean bozo from M69

He wasn't being a hero he just destroyed Vecna (and by proxy me, who was townclear) with a stupendous barrage facts and logic

Mind you some of the facts and logic were off but it was still amazing, and the best anyone could intuit given the circumstances
That’s cool.

Facts and logic are cool. We have them in front of our fucking faces. Doom has done a wonderful job spelling it out. You have said facts. But people don’t put it together.

That’s cool too. We’re not in a rush. All town has to do here is chill.

And to answer your question to Vecna:

I’d want Sabi then Ghug. Then reassess based on NK and the Oracle claim.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#11678 Post by ghug » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:22 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:57 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:48 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:45 pm

You missed this Sabi, and id like you to trust me that youre wrong in your assessment of me.
Maybe I'm wrong but your posting style when scum matches your posting style in this game including how you defend yourself and how you vote/state your opinion. Why else would I comb through game 1017 to verify/back up this claim. I actually put thought and work into this. This wasn't some hunch or what not.
Maybe you should ask Ghug to have him tell you how similar my town and scum games are when compared.

No offense meant, but I do not think any player playing their first game with me can meaningfully tell the difference, especially not by comparing it to a single game as scum.

Ill not hold it against you if you stick to this opinion, and I wont join this wagon against you because I think your reasons come from a good place, but do me the courtesy of confirming whether what im saying is true or not.

Id also like snowy to answer if I defend myself this close to the vest when im scum or not.
I'd recommend you look at a town game too, Sabi.

Vecna

#11679 Post by Vecna » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:22 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Alright, I don't get the rdr votes here. Day 2-RDR votes bozo most of the day, ends on Tom and says he'll swap to Bozo if it's between Bozo and Worcej. Day 3 he mostly just... voted Tom, and said he thought Tom was scum. I don't understand. Why are we going for him here? Before any of the others?
Rdr always votes his weak teammembers off as scum. Sacrefises for the greater good.

Noone is certain that is what happened here. Were merely suspecting. His level of attention to clever detail isnt as high this game as what were used of him. His reasoning at most times is a bit more simplistic.

BunnyGo

#11680 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:23 pm

@snowy: the desire to DO SOMETHING is not in our favor here. Just chill. Sit back. And wait. That’s the fact.