M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Fluminator

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8921 Post by Fluminator » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:29 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:49 pm
I'm gonna try to do a bit of rereading tomorrow but does anyone recall how ghug acted around bozo d1. I do feel like ghug is probably scum
But I've agreed with almost every post he's made this game. That used to be my way to townread him consistently. (Although there's been a few town games of his recently where I thought he was scum a little)

Vecna

#8922 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:29 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:47 pm
Anyway to balance out my productive posting, here's a shit post:

Last night I was trying to explain to my date about diplomacy and showed his a backstabbr game and yeaaaaaa. He seemed interested but was also drunk at 3 am.

How is your experience with explaining diplomacy to dates?
Who isnt drunk when theyre still awake at 3am?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#8923 Post by kgray » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:31 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:16 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:18 am
Wait how am I just noticing that Vecna didn't leave bozo's wagon when he claimed and only moved to Tom once worcej claimed? :?
Why are people suddenly forgetting that during those last 2 minutes produced like 2 full pages in ~ 60 seconds.

I never even saw Worcej's claim untill the day was over.

As I said many times before, I voted Tom B because as my refresh (on the bot) landed he was the vote to save Worcej.
No, I mean you were on bozo for ~4 minutes after his doc claim and didn't react to it. People were even talking about it for a couple pages afterwards, deciding whether or not they believed him. You avoided/ignored/missed all of that and kept your vote there. It's pretty weird.

Durga

#8924 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:31 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:29 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:26 pm
You're my town core, Floom
Do you think he doesn't count as a clear?
Oh yeah :(

Durga

#8925 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:32 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:29 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:49 pm
I'm gonna try to do a bit of rereading tomorrow but does anyone recall how ghug acted around bozo d1. I do feel like ghug is probably scum
But I've agreed with almost every post he's made this game. That used to be my way to townread him consistently. (Although there's been a few town games of his recently where I thought he was scum a little)
I feel like it's kinda easy to agree with all his posts when the only thing he's done so far is scum read kgray?

Vecna

#8926 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:33 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:19 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:18 pm
@Bunny, at a first glace it's Eden or ghug I think.

Snowy's voting doesn't look great with him moving to join Tom on worcej and make him bozo's counterwagon, but mostly tracks considering his scumread of worcej.

Tom also meh but that's kind of tricky because he was a wagon at the end. I don't know why he switched from me to worcej except to get a wagon that could gain momentum to counter bozo, but that's literally what he said he was doing, so.... idk.
Oh and I think Vecna looks bad too, but you said he was 2nd worst, so I didn't include him.
You were actually present when we discussed my ending on Tom B much earlier, and you were completely agreeing that it was a fine process/reasoning.

How come this is suddenly different?

Fluminator

#8927 Post by Fluminator » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:33 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:26 pm
You're my town core, Floom
You were always in my town core. <3

President Eden

#8928 Post by President Eden » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:33 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:56 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:53 pm
President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:45 pm
In fact I've repeatedly pointed out that the one PR they would be shooting for at this point is the Oracle, as the JOAT would've already used its abilities and the others have claims.
I don't get you, man.
I mean, this makes perfect sense to me. If you are miller and WorceJ is Doctor, and Chaqa is cop... The Oracle tells us NOTHING. It's not a useful power right now. It's only use would be to confirm one of you, and not the others. If one of you AREN'T who you say you are, they would probably avoid shooting oracle because it has a chance of biting them in the ass.
It's more that killing lfischl is either killing to hunt a PR, or attempting to look that way. No one has yet provided a compelling alternative explanation and I'm struggling to find it.

And lfischl essentially cannot be the Cop or the Doc.

And killing the JOAT isn't an especially high priority once all its powers are exhausted; it's just a cleared town in a game that already has, at the most conservative minimum estimate, two other cleared towns, and potentially up to four.

So they're either genuinely hunting for the Oracle or trying to look that way, because if they were trying to hunt for the Doc or Cop [assuming Chaqa is Cop], they already know who it is, had guaranteed ways to kill both, and took neither; and there's no point to hunting for a cleared town preemptively when you already have two outed in worcej and Bona, and maybe more.

I've explained this at length before but apparently the only engagement I'm going to get at this point (aside from yours, to your credit) is people either (1) quoting one sentence out of a post and asking contextless questions that I've already explained, (2) complaining that I write too much, or (3) calling me lazy for not writing enough.

Doom427

#8929 Post by Doom427 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:33 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:03 pm
Doom427 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:02 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:59 pm

Oracle in this setup tells us the role of a DEAD player, not an alive one, hence why it's pretty useless
Ok, we kill Tom, and Oracle him. We find out he's scum. That's great information that lets us read DAY2 pretty great. He's town? Well, not as great, but still gives us info to read day2. Our current dead targets are all pretty bad, if y'all are telling the truth
This is a pretty reasonable take, I think

Do you think there's any other reason to flip Tom? Have you looked through him and found him scummy?
I mean, not scummy, but nothing he's said has been super duper towny. Rereading his posts, ironically, I find my argument to be apeing what he said. The chaos at eod2 gives us information. Killing Tom and knowing role/alignment gives us even MORE information to use. It's a great Oracle target, something Tom already said about PE (Though I'm not sure about PE, because right now the information if he's town is... nothing? And if he's scum it would be... also nothing? It would not give me anything to work with)

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#8930 Post by kgray » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:34 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:33 pm
kgray wrote:
kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:18 pm
@Bunny, at a first glace it's Eden or ghug I think.

Snowy's voting doesn't look great with him moving to join Tom on worcej and make him bozo's counterwagon, but mostly tracks considering his scumread of worcej.

Tom also meh but that's kind of tricky because he was a wagon at the end. I don't know why he switched from me to worcej except to get a wagon that could gain momentum to counter bozo, but that's literally what he said he was doing, so.... idk.
Oh and I think Vecna looks bad too, but you said he was 2nd worst, so I didn't include him.
You were actually present when we discussed my ending on Tom B much earlier, and you were completely agreeing that it was a fine process/reasoning.

I don't mind you ending on Tom Bomb, I think it's weird how long it took you to get there. I voted Tom immediately when I saw bozo's claim.

Vecna

#8931 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:35 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:28 pm
Vecna wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:15 pm
well, that went a bit too fast for me.
Okay I agreed with this when I first saw it, but it seems fabricated looking back.

How was bozo claiming too fast for Vecna? He claimed with 5 minutes left and Vecna didn't react until his last-minute vote for Tom. Why not move to Tom immediately? That was my first instinct when the counterwagon to bozo was worcej, who I'd been strongly townreading like Vecna had also been doing.

The last minute or two *was* chaos, after worcej claimed. But there was plenty of time to react to bozo's claim and Vecna not acting on that is super sus.
nm.

My explanation is what it is.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#8932 Post by kgray » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:36 pm

President Eden wrote:
It's more that killing lfischl is either killing to hunt a PR, or attempting to look that way. No one has yet provided a compelling alternative explanation and I'm struggling to find it.
Well I *did* pronounce lfischl semiclear 8-)

Fluminator

#8933 Post by Fluminator » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:36 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:28 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:24 pm
I'm a little behind because there's a reasonable chance I have covid right now.

But I felt like mentally masturbating a little and say the oracle is probably not going to flip for a long time now as there are a bunch of clears to pick off. So we can't really plan for to get any new confirmed knowledge for awhile.

I was mainly just rushing to get a good dead person last round for the Joat scan which is irrelevant now.

So just remember that for probably at least 5 rounds we get no new information. I think that's why getting a strong town core out of the non clears is really important and we stick with that until 7 people are left in which case all bets are off (and maybe oracle reveals something by then).
I hope you recover quickly.
Thanks.
I thought I got it earlier this month, but then I got 100% healthy again. But then I went outside to meet with some people and got hit pretty much the moment I got home. Who knows. If this is the worst I get it wasn't too bad.

Vecna

#8934 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:37 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:34 pm
Vecna wrote:
kgray wrote:

I don't mind you ending on Tom Bomb, I think it's weird how long it took you to get there. I voted Tom immediately when I saw bozo's claim.
How is it weird? I was sticking on Bozo, untill my refresh showed the wagons were 7-7 Worcej/tom (or 8-6, im not sure what moment it was exactly).

So I had to switch to tom to save Worcej.

Jamiet99uk

#8935 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:37 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:21 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:10 am
Can anyone tell me if they have a reasonably strong townread on any of the following?

Doom427
Jamiet99uk
kgray
​Tom Bombadil
Vecna
Theres at least 4 town in this list
But no more than 6.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Durga

#8936 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:38 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:36 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:28 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:24 pm
I'm a little behind because there's a reasonable chance I have covid right now.

But I felt like mentally masturbating a little and say the oracle is probably not going to flip for a long time now as there are a bunch of clears to pick off. So we can't really plan for to get any new confirmed knowledge for awhile.

I was mainly just rushing to get a good dead person last round for the Joat scan which is irrelevant now.

So just remember that for probably at least 5 rounds we get no new information. I think that's why getting a strong town core out of the non clears is really important and we stick with that until 7 people are left in which case all bets are off (and maybe oracle reveals something by then).
I hope you recover quickly.
Thanks.
I thought I got it earlier this month, but then I got 100% healthy again. But then I went outside to meet with some people and got hit pretty much the moment I got home. Who knows. If this is the worst I get it wasn't too bad.
Go get tested ffs

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#8937 Post by kgray » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:38 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:37 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:34 pm
Vecna wrote:

How is it weird? I was sticking on Bozo, untill my refresh showed the wagons were 7-7 Worcej/tom (or 8-6, im not sure what moment it was exactly).

So I had to switch to tom to save Worcej.
Did you not see bozo's claim or did you not believe it?

BunnyGo

#8938 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:39 pm

President Eden wrote:
Doom427 wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:53 pm

I don't get you, man.
I mean, this makes perfect sense to me. If you are miller and WorceJ is Doctor, and Chaqa is cop... The Oracle tells us NOTHING. It's not a useful power right now. It's only use would be to confirm one of you, and not the others. If one of you AREN'T who you say you are, they would probably avoid shooting oracle because it has a chance of biting them in the ass.

And killing the JOAT isn't an especially high priority once all its powers are exhausted; it's just a cleared town in a game that already has, at the most conservative minimum estimate, two other cleared towns, and potentially up to four.

So they're either genuinely hunting for the Oracle or trying to look that way, because if they were trying to hunt for the Doc or Cop [assuming Chaqa is Cop], they already know who it is, had guaranteed ways to kill both, and took neither; and there's no point to hunting for a cleared town preemptively when you already have two outed in worcej and Bona, and maybe more.

I've explained this at length before but apparently the only engagement I'm going to get at this point (aside from yours, to your credit) is people either (1) quoting one sentence out of a post and asking contextless questions that I've already explained, (2) complaining that I write too much, or (3) calling me lazy for not writing enough.
You're missing the more obvious explanation:

They're leaving the clears and trying to outguess worcej.

Killing the oracle sooner would have been fine with them.

Oracle shouldn't claim now, because they are no longer hunting the oracle.

But I think they were just avoiding doc save while RBing Chaqa.

Jamiet99uk

#8939 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:40 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:36 pm
President Eden wrote:
Well I *did* pronounce lfischl semiclear 8-)
No no no, I'm sure it's pronounced "El-fish-el "
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

President Eden

#8940 Post by President Eden » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:40 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:39 pm
President Eden wrote:
Doom427 wrote:

You're missing the more obvious explanation:

They're leaving the clears and trying to outguess worcej.

Killing the oracle sooner would have been fine with them.

Oracle shouldn't claim now, because they are no longer hunting the oracle.

But I think they were just avoiding doc save while RBing Chaqa.
If they were worried about worcej then they can kill Bona or Chaqa while RBing worcej.