M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Durga
Posts: 8831
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4252

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8881 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:58 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:53 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:24 am
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:22 am


ghug I think you're town but this habit of saying "I'm obvtown" really has to stop (that goes for all you fuckers)

It makes me want to scum read you just to spite you
I'm not sure I'm capable of being obviously town, snowy.
The fact im not at all suspicious of you, or finding any reasons to be suspicious of you, is probably a bad sign lmao
How do you have this take rn
2

Doom427
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 am
Karma: 970

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8882 Post by Doom427 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:58 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:55 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:53 pm
President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:45 pm
In fact I've repeatedly pointed out that the one PR they would be shooting for at this point is the Oracle, as the JOAT would've already used its abilities and the others have claims.
I don't get you, man.
Probably because nobody actually reads my posts, which is fine, I get it, they're long and sometimes very dense. But then don't pick some random sentence out and question me on it when I've actually explained it and act like it makes no sense if you're not going to read it.
Yeah, I think I'm catching on to this. I'm gonna say PE isn't scum. Might regret it, but.
2

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7640
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4456

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8883 Post by Chaqa » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:58 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:53 pm
President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:45 pm
In fact I've repeatedly pointed out that the one PR they would be shooting for at this point is the Oracle, as the JOAT would've already used its abilities and the others have claims.
I don't get you, man.
See bro man, learn to read, you can't just highlight one sentence WiTHoUt cOnTExT
2

snowy801
Posts: 3511
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5662

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8884 Post by snowy801 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:58 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:57 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:55 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:54 pm
Has anyone in past games fake claim being the oracle? If so, how did that go?
I expect there was much jeering and fruits thrown
What I mean let's say a VT fake claim oracle so to put a target on their back from scum to protect the real oracle.
I'm not sure that would be materially different from not claiming Oracle at all, but I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing to do if you were desperate to die
3

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12122
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6377

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8885 Post by ghug » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:59 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:53 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:24 am
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:22 am


ghug I think you're town but this habit of saying "I'm obvtown" really has to stop (that goes for all you fuckers)

It makes me want to scum read you just to spite you
I'm not sure I'm capable of being obviously town, snowy.
The fact im not at all suspicious of you, or finding any reasons to be suspicious of you, is probably a bad sign lmao
Everyone else is, though.
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18448
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10229
Contact:

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8886 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:59 pm

The main information we get at this point from the Oracle claiming is the probable identity of the person who is the Oracle.
3

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 7640
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 4456

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8887 Post by Chaqa » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:59 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:56 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:53 pm
President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:45 pm
In fact I've repeatedly pointed out that the one PR they would be shooting for at this point is the Oracle, as the JOAT would've already used its abilities and the others have claims.
I don't get you, man.
I mean, this makes perfect sense to me. If you are miller and WorceJ is Doctor, and Chaqa is cop... The Oracle tells us NOTHING. It's not a useful power right now. It's only use would be to confirm one of you, and not the others. If one of you AREN'T who you say you are, they would probably avoid shooting oracle because it has a chance of biting them in the ass.
Oracle in this setup tells us the role of a DEAD player, not an alive one, hence why it's pretty useless
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8888 Post by kgray » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:59 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:44 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:44 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:20 pm
Honestly I'm thinking it's bozo/Jasnah/?????/and maybe like Vecna or rdrivera

There's very few visible scum left in this game and I've grown to trust myself enough to say if I feel that way it means there aren't

@Bunny Vecna I think?

@kgray I don't remember the context to that

@Jamiet hi
The context was bozo claimed doc, and bona stated that he did not believe bozo's claim, and you said that bozo was probably lying but that meant we'd catch two scum because of his lie.

Who was the second scum?
Oh, he who is conf!town now, Mr. ?????
I don't understand what this means
3

BunnyGo
Posts: 10324
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3260

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8889 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:00 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:54 pm
Has anyone in past games fake claim being the oracle? If so, how did that go?
Only once (AFAIK) have we ever played the same setup as another game. All the setups are unique.
2

snowy801
Posts: 3511
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5662

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8890 Post by snowy801 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:00 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:59 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:44 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:44 pm


The context was bozo claimed doc, and bona stated that he did not believe bozo's claim, and you said that bozo was probably lying but that meant we'd catch two scum because of his lie.

Who was the second scum?
Oh, he who is conf!town now, Mr. ?????
I don't understand what this means
Don't worry about it
2

snowy801
Posts: 3511
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5662

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8891 Post by snowy801 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:01 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:00 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:54 pm
Has anyone in past games fake claim being the oracle? If so, how did that go?
Only once (AFAIK) have we ever played the same setup as another game. All the setups are unique.
I want to play a pure vanilla game
No PRs whatsoever
5

Vecna
Posts: 10976
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4456

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8892 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:01 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:44 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:41 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:35 am


I can't drink because I taking medications, pretty lame.
Ugh. My wishes for a speedy recovery. That’s no fun.

And for some reason i thought you were a programmer.
I am an IT guy, I was an analyst, then DBA for almost a decade and now I work with Data Analysis. But I decide to get a Law degree at some point for some weird reason :lol:
My boss is making me take courses in Tax Law.

I asked him what I did wrong on my first day to deserve that type of punishment and he laughed at me.
5

Doom427
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 am
Karma: 970

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8893 Post by Doom427 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:02 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:59 pm
Doom427 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:56 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:53 pm


I don't get you, man.
I mean, this makes perfect sense to me. If you are miller and WorceJ is Doctor, and Chaqa is cop... The Oracle tells us NOTHING. It's not a useful power right now. It's only use would be to confirm one of you, and not the others. If one of you AREN'T who you say you are, they would probably avoid shooting oracle because it has a chance of biting them in the ass.
Oracle in this setup tells us the role of a DEAD player, not an alive one, hence why it's pretty useless
Ok, we kill Tom, and Oracle him. We find out he's scum. That's great information that lets us read DAY2 pretty great. He's town? Well, not as great, but still gives us info to read day2. Our current dead targets are all pretty bad, if y'all are telling the truth
3

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18448
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10229
Contact:

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8894 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:02 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:00 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:54 pm
Has anyone in past games fake claim being the oracle? If so, how did that go?
Only once (AFAIK) have we ever played the same setup as another game. All the setups are unique.
Yes but we've definitely had setups with an Oracle before. Not often but we have.
2

snowy801
Posts: 3511
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5662

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8895 Post by snowy801 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:03 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:02 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:59 pm
Doom427 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:56 pm


I mean, this makes perfect sense to me. If you are miller and WorceJ is Doctor, and Chaqa is cop... The Oracle tells us NOTHING. It's not a useful power right now. It's only use would be to confirm one of you, and not the others. If one of you AREN'T who you say you are, they would probably avoid shooting oracle because it has a chance of biting them in the ass.
Oracle in this setup tells us the role of a DEAD player, not an alive one, hence why it's pretty useless
Ok, we kill Tom, and Oracle him. We find out he's scum. That's great information that lets us read DAY2 pretty great. He's town? Well, not as great, but still gives us info to read day2. Our current dead targets are all pretty bad, if y'all are telling the truth
This is a pretty reasonable take, I think

Do you think there's any other reason to flip Tom? Have you looked through him and found him scummy?
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8896 Post by kgray » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:04 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:56 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:31 am
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:22 am


ghug I think you're town but this habit of saying "I'm obvtown" really has to stop (that goes for all you fuckers)

It makes me want to scum read you just to spite you
omg I just realized Rivera never hardclaimed 100% confirmed vanilla town :shock:
See, how can anyone actually think Kgray is scum

Y'all are daft
Why can't I say that as scum?
3

Vecna
Posts: 10976
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4456

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8897 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:05 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:58 am
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:58 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:57 am


But I forgot my passport at home and I'm mad at them.
This sounds entirely like a player skill issur
The problem is that if they weren't stupid my normal fucking ID sitting in my wallet would be valid for domestic travel.
Imagine when even your own government is that suspicious of your government issued documentation
3

Vecna
Posts: 10976
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4456

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8898 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:05 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:04 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:56 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:31 am


omg I just realized Rivera never hardclaimed 100% confirmed vanilla town :shock:
See, how can anyone actually think Kgray is scum

Y'all are daft
Why can't I say that as scum?
Because im pocketing you, stop asking silly questions
4

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8899 Post by kgray » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:06 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:59 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:53 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:24 am


I'm not sure I'm capable of being obviously town, snowy.
The fact im not at all suspicious of you, or finding any reasons to be suspicious of you, is probably a bad sign lmao
Everyone else is, though.
Do you think Vecna is that good at reading your alignment that he's the only one who comfortably townreads you?
2

Vecna
Posts: 10976
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4456

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8900 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:08 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:30 am
Let's hammer Vecna. He was so keen to hammer yesterday. Let's do it today as well.

##vote Vecna
##End
id almost join you just so I can gaurantee I dont have to do this on monday
2

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests