M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BunnyGo

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#8401 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:14 am

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:51 pm
President Eden wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:47 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:42 pm
worcej thought bona was cop and I figured he might be JOAT so I think there is reason to believe they're PR hunting.

Maybe lfischl was killed because they thought he was oracle and wanted Jasnah to flip? I'm not entirely sure what the motive would be there I'll think about it
Hunting for the Oracle is particularly pointless as it's self-confirming and works even if it dies. Hunting for the JOAT before night 3 is understandable, but from night 3 onward the JOAT has done whatever it's going to do, and is likely to claim as TheFlyingJOAT did to ensure its info isn't lost, so there's not a lot of point to hunting for it by then.

lfischl's kill superficially looks like PR hunting, but the only unclaimed PRs remaining when they'd have made the call are not PRs you would actually go hunting for. So again, setting my idea aside, they weren't PR hunting.
1) Oracle is a town clear, so taking them out is beneficial regardless if right
2) It might prevent the use of a decisive strategic oracle use in the future
3) I still think they might be shooting for cops, though my confidence is somewhat waning. Still, not one to be discarded. Was there any reason to think lfischl looked coppish?

I do agree that if they're not PR hunting they're trying to set up the appearance of such, which may be an attempt to frame Chaqa (who else is touchable in that lineup) which is unfortunate if true
I think I figured out the mafia kill strategy and retract my “beginner” idea.

BunnyGo

#8402 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:16 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:01 am
Just to be very clear I don't think Bunny is mafia. Just that that's the type of player who would take such a psychoanalytical approach to the game.
Yeah, but I suck at it. Enthusiastic about it. But sucktasticly so.

President Eden

#8403 Post by President Eden » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:16 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:16 am
President Eden wrote:
Just to be very clear I don't think Bunny is mafia. Just that that's the type of player who would take such a psychoanalytical approach to the game.
I guess I'm flattered that you think I don't, but it would help me, and I imagine others, if you spelled out your theory more.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#8404 Post by ghug » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:17 am

President Eden wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:38 pm
TLDR
- They're not PR hunting
- damo, Bona, lfischl might've been on track (aside from just on bozo)
- Mafia among active posters, firing into low posters to hide?

---

The lfischl and damo kills clearly look like PR hunting. Bona kill might have been PR hunting, or might have been an attempt to out-WIFOM battle worcej.

Setting aside my main explanation in the interest of productive conversation across the board... if Chaqa really is Cop and worcej really is Doctor, it's fucking bizarre for them to be PR hunting for JOAT and Oracle. PR hunting the Oracle accomplishes basically nothing. PR hunting the JOAT is fine n1/n2, but as TheFlyingJOAT showed us EON3, it's pointless now because the JOAT already did its damage. If they were going to PR hunt at this point, and if Chaqa is Cop and worcej is Doctor, then kgray is right, these orders make no fuckin sense.

So if we're setting my theory aside, the other explanation is that they want to look like they're PR hunting while accomplishing something else. Some other possibilities:
- They're killing people on the right track who are unlikely to be daykilled. Have to dig into it to see what's up.
- They're pointedly not killing big talkers to avoid making deep cover mafia stick out, and are sticking to off-beat targets unlikely to be daykilled.
I like the deep cover for takers idea, kind of. I don't like the lfischl was onto something idea because that's absurd. I also disagree that hunting the Oracle didn't make sense, since we don't have a good oracle target yet.

BunnyGo

#8405 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:17 am

President Eden wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
President Eden wrote:
I guess I'm flattered that you think I don't, but it would help me, and I imagine others, if you spelled out your theory more.
Which theory?

President Eden

#8406 Post by President Eden » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:19 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:17 am
I like the deep cover for takers idea, kind of. I don't like the lfischl was onto something idea because that's absurd. I also disagree that hunting the Oracle didn't make sense, since we don't have a good oracle target yet.
I don't particularly buy that he was either, although it's kind of amusing to me a bit that you don't like it, since the only suspect he gave in day 3 was kgray :lol:
I guess it'd be better to say that Oracle hunting makes less sense than taking down the Cop and Doctor if you're going to go PR hunting. You already gave them a misfire and two clears back by getting cocky N2.

President Eden

#8407 Post by President Eden » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:20 am

BunnyGo wrote:
President Eden wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Which theory?
You said you thought you'd figured out the mafia's killing strategy, and your vote's on me, so I'm curious what you've got.

BunnyGo

#8408 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:25 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:20 am
BunnyGo wrote:
President Eden wrote:

Which theory?
You said you thought you'd figured out the mafia's killing strategy, and your vote's on me, so I'm curious what you've got.
Oh. I just wrote down for the GT what KiLo was going to look like. We get to choose up to 5 non-clears to make it.

You don’t make my cut yet.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#8409 Post by ghug » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:26 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:10 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:07 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:49 pm

Care to expound, mon frere?
Sure. If I'm fakeclaiming a role with night actions, I want my actions to be a) plausible, b) unfalsifiable, and c) not give town any information when I'm eventually caught. You scanned a townclear, you oracled damo, who in my opinion was obviously not the cop, and you docsaved someone right as you were claiming, which is easy to not get wrong if you know who the NK target is. They're all plausible (though I haven't actually checked who the scan is yet), but it's also what a scum claim would look like.

That said, I see no scum motivation whatsoever for scum to claim when you did. Really I'm more just grumpy that your scan was unfortunate, your oracle was dumb, and you claimed (and probably used your actions) prematurely.
I think you're vastly underestimating how many people incorrectly believed damo was cop in this thread, including some town clears.
I understand that, I just don't respect their opinions.

President Eden

#8410 Post by President Eden » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:26 am

Sure... who else doesn't make your cut?
And I assume from that that "mafia killing strategy" is not the killing strategy of the mafia, but what the town's strategy to kill mafia should be

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#8411 Post by ghug » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:29 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:19 am
ghug wrote:
I don't particularly buy that he was either, although it's kind of amusing to me a bit that you don't like it, since the only suspect he gave in day 3 was kgray :lol:
I guess it'd be better to say that Oracle hunting makes less sense than taking down the Cop and Doctor if you're going to go PR hunting. You already gave them a misfire and two clears back by getting cocky N2.
Onto something as not-cop, I mean. He was never going to meaningfully push a read, so the only reason to fearkill him is a PR read.

BunnyGo

#8412 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:30 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:26 am
And I assume from that that "mafia killing strategy" is not the killing strategy of the mafia, but what the town's strategy to kill mafia should be
Nono. I have a theory for who they were killing. It’snot origional. Others here have said similar.

Current people making the cut: kgray, Vecna, doom, snowy, Durga

I’m currently willing to vote anyone else. This list may change. I’m very mercurial.

But if this is our kilo (plus remaining clears), I’m somewhat happy right now.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#8413 Post by ghug » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:31 am

##VOTE Jamie

He loves weird nightkills.

President Eden

#8414 Post by President Eden » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:32 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:30 am
President Eden wrote:
Nono. I have a theory for who they were killing. It’snot origional. Others here have said similar.

I’m currently willing to vote anyone else. This list may change. I’m very mercurial.

Can't say I'm completely following lol. I'm not really sure what questions to ask to help either, cuz if you wanted to spell it all out I figure you would.

BunnyGo

#8415 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:37 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:32 am
BunnyGo wrote:
President Eden wrote:

Can't say I'm completely following lol. I'm not really sure what questions to ask to help either, cuz if you wanted to spell it all out I figure you would.
Well…here’s how I got here: you can do it yourself too!

Write a PM to the GM stating the current gamestate: townclears-town-scum

Start killing people off.

Notice the game state when it is KiLo. And see who you want left.

Now…as for why I’m shading you a bit, it falls in to your tinfoil past. Your regularly noting PR crumbs. And somehow the people you keep thinking are PRs keep getting eaten.

But…I haven’t been correct on a push yet. You know what they say about bunnies…fingers look like carrots.

President Eden

#8416 Post by President Eden » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:42 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:37 am
President Eden wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:32 am
BunnyGo wrote:

Well…here’s how I got here: you can do it yourself too!

Write a PM to the GM stating the current gamestate: townclears-town-scum

Start killing people off.

Notice the game state when it is KiLo. And see who you want left.

Now…as for why I’m shading you a bit, it falls in to your tinfoil past. Your regularly noting PR crumbs. And somehow the people you keep thinking are PRs keep getting eaten.

But…I haven’t been correct on a push yet. You know what they say about bunnies…fingers look like carrots.
Oh, that's fair enough actually. Sad to have to tell you this push is wrong too, but I get where you're coming from.

snowy801

#8417 Post by snowy801 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:47 am

Hey lfischl hope all is well in God QT Land

You know who I've not seen around lately? Google Bot and Bing Bot

Scum must've gotten to them too rip

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#8418 Post by kgray » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:02 am

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:55 pm
Honestly Eden/kgray whoever the strat might be just to universally town read Chaqa so scum get scared and shoot him if he's real
You know I've pretty much 180'd on Chaqa, he's conf!town.

Durga

#8419 Post by Durga » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:05 am

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:51 pm
President Eden wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:48 pm
TLDR:
- I thought lfischl was Oracle
- I believe TFB
- This only proves the Cop is still alive
- I accept it's logical not to kill Chaqa now
- I don't care, I think he's mafia, explained below
- I'm not budging but y'all can kill someone else, it's cool

---
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:36 pm
Can someone explain why everyone and their mothers thought lfischl was the JOAT

It is kinda weird the inno'd a clear and gravedug damo
Well, I thought he was the Oracle, actually, based on a couple of posts on day 1 that took specific interest in how the role worked. He obviously isn't.

I don't think he's the Cop, either, because I suspect lfischl would have been way more involved and excited for the game than he seemed to be, especially given that he could cc someone. I don't think he would have kept it quiet and died with it.

So unless Boat is mafia, which I don't believe, the real Cop - whoever it is - is still alive.

---

I recognize that it's likely strategically correct to wait for a Cop cc. If y'all want to do that, that's fine. I trust the real Cop to play this their way and make us proud. They don't specifically need to claim EON4 or on any given point. Selfishly, I would appreciate that they go for it sooner rather than later, but I don't have the info to know whether that's right or wrong, so do what's best.

I completely agree with kgray. There is no way you're convincing me that, after we killed bozo yesterday, mafia is doing anything but roleblocking the outed Doc and killing the outed Cop, especially after losing a WIFOM battle the previous night and giving us an extra misfire - just to go hunting PRs among the lurkers. No fucking way. That's not even arrogant, that's just reckless.

damo being VT does not confirm Chaqa to be the Cop. It only confirms damo is not the Cop. It does make it entirely reasonable to wait to kill him.

That said, in addition to my EON post, and to kgray's point, Chaqa's deeming kgray's theory a "scumslip" is, in my mind, pretty close to a scumslip itself. kgray's theory was not only internally consistent even without actual knowledge of the RB, but made perfect sense as a retort to the RB claim. I would have been suspicious of worcej for trying to argue it as a scumslip except that he's confirmed Doc. At least worcej plausibly could have missed the RB claim. But Chaqa literally just posted that he was RBed. kgray's post is a completely natural reaction to it. Even if she herself didn't actually see it, if you had just claimed RB, it would not make any sense to think that someone calling BS on the night's events was "scumslipping" by implying they knew what you just said. It's an unnatural reaction that to me fits far more with mafia trying to run with worcej making a logical error. worcej has the excuse of not literally being the person who gave the info. Chaqa does not.

---

Chaqa delenda est
Fuck you again

Vote me out or shut the fuck up

You keep moving the goalposts to justify your shitty ego read on me

Fuck off
scum on scum violence

snowy801

#8420 Post by snowy801 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:05 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:02 am
You know I've pretty much 180'd on Chaqa, he's conf!town.
Honestly I've been leaning the same way, which is real saddening