M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Fluminator

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#7841 Post by Fluminator » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:05 am

Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:04 am
Fluminator wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:03 am
Is coaching ever actually a thing though?
Don't you remember when that Tomato person at one point started quoting things directly from Balki 😂
Oh yeah, I forgot about that, which is bad considering I GMed that game.

President Eden

#7842 Post by President Eden » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:05 am

Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:01 am
President Eden wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:59 am
Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:42 am
Hell if I was mafia and knew jasnah was mafia I'd throw her under the bus so fucking hard so fucking fast.
Would have been the tactically superior play for sure, since she died anyway, but for a while that was up in the air, and in a no-flip game it's definitely plausible to me that mafia might play greedier than normal. Simple fact is that our one virtually assured mafia did stretch real hard to keep jasnah around, far more than I'd expect a mafia to do for a counterproductive townie.
I would argue, knowing bozo, having played with scum!bozo, that he felt much more natural arguing to save a townie and actually that makes me feel jasnah was town. If scum!bozo knew jasnah was scum I don't think we would have acted like that. He was soooo awkward when he bussed summitfever oh god
we
:? :? :?

kidding. I can't speak to his meta nearly as well as you can, so point taken. I'm not sure how much to value it against what I think are the incentives here for a generic mafia in bozo's position.
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:58 am
Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:42 am
Hell if I was mafia and knew jasnah was mafia I'd throw her under the bus so fucking hard so fucking fast.
unless she was the godfather...?
remember when we were joking about this as a hypothetical play a few days ago :lol:

Durga

#7843 Post by Durga » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:06 am

Lol shit you caught me Eden! Gosh blast darn it!

He*

Fluminator

#7844 Post by Fluminator » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:06 am

If the godfather gets scanned inno, then that's basically gg.

Durga

#7845 Post by Durga » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:07 am

Okay yeah but if she was gf she would have surely put at least a tiny bit of effort to keep herself alive lol

President Eden

#7846 Post by President Eden » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:09 am

I don't want to reach too much, but part of me wants to believe she's the Godfather just to bring some order and reason to her ostensibly insane Miller play. I still haven't figured out why on Earth she did that, and while the Godfather play is wild, it at least makes sense, which is better than the other explanations so far.

Durga

#7847 Post by Durga » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:10 am

President Eden wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:09 am
I don't want to reach too much, but part of me wants to believe she's the Godfather just to bring some order and reason to her ostensibly insane Miller play. I still haven't figured out why on Earth she did that, and while the Godfather play is wild, it at least makes sense, which is better than the other explanations so far.
I like you but you're exhausting.

Fluminator

#7848 Post by Fluminator » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:11 am

Assume jasnas is town imo. Assume we have 3 scum to find still.
There's more than enough scummy people to fill out the 3 slots.

Doom427

#7849 Post by Doom427 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:19 am

Fluminator wrote:
FTR, I like Doom, but she hasn't really done anything that is super townie yet.
If the doc save is successful we definitely have to kill her tomorrow.
I did make the post assuming we would be leaving both doc claimants alive, tbf. But getting to meet god isnt an awful deal out of it.

I'll also say it is really hard to do anything super townie here. Our townie people are.... Power roles. And people power roles have saved or scanned. Or people Mafia shot. Hardly conclusive.

Anyone care to explain Godfather!Jasnah? Did she... Forget she would scan as innocent? And then remembered after the counter claim?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7850 Post by kgray » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:21 am

Personally I just think jasnah was an easy thing for people to talk about D1 because she wasn’t really around, so it was mostly about claiming and mechanics, not reads. It was a pretty safe topic because you can always hide behind what’s logically/mathematically the right thing to argue for. Bozo especially is the kind of person to get involved in that discussion regardless of jasnah’s alignment. It’s just easy to have an opinion on either way.

I also happen to think she was town.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7851 Post by kgray » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:24 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:53 am
Ok, my turn to post day 1 stuff. Bozo's crumbs from day 1.

Bozo opens with a post about not killing day 1.

Eden immediately agrees that there's merit to consider no-killing in a no flip game, but we shouldn't commit.

Chaqa and rdr try to argue against it by building a straw man of saying "why not never kill?"

Bona calls bozo a bozo.

ghug engages with bozo saying he agrees it's interesting, but there are issues about actually winning and so he thinks we should kill.

damo immediately disagrees with bozo, makes his "PE is town" post, and votes chaqa.

bozo's 2nd post ignores all these responses and talks with rdr about when rdr last posted on page 1. This is probably NAI since bozo would love to dig in for historic minutiae like this.

bozo does then address Chaqa (and only Chaqa) that no-kill is only 4 day 1 to buy PRs time to hunt without giving scum clues to kill/block them.

TFB says the idea isn't good because the oracle might die and have no daykill for us to learn about.

Durga exclaims her love for her fiancee.

Vecna and bozo go back and forth about whether Vecna will set the tone or not.

kgray announces that bozo isn't on her day 1 no-kill list anymore.

-------------------------------------

Cutting here because bozo changes topics next.

Until now I don't see anything too heavy. The posts don't scream any obv scum or obv town to me. The one thing I do find interesting:

Sabi is in early, and starts talking and asking questions, but never once addresses bozo. They addresses TFB for calling bozo's idea dumb and says he wants to just kill people.

Now, if Sabi knows TFB and Bona and kgray from elsewhere, I guess it might make sense to ignore everyone but who they knows.

But I'm reconsidering my Sabi townlean based on the first few pages.
I actually thought the way bozo interacted with Sabi D1 made it unlikely they’re partners. It was addressed to Vecna, but what do you think about it?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7852 Post by kgray » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:27 am

Fluminator wrote:
FTR, I like Doom, but she hasn't really done anything that is super townie yet.
If the doc save is successful we definitely have to kill her tomorrow.
I’m not sure a new scum player openly speculates so much about what mafia are doing (and im talking pre-bunny’s thought experiments). I think it’s good evidence she’s town.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7853 Post by kgray » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:28 am

Fluminator wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:06 am
Not if she claimed Miller for no reason?

BunnyGo

#7854 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:29 am

bozo then inserts himself into the miller claim discussion responding to ghug about pros and cons.

TFB follows bozo to this new conversation, responding to him again but agreeing this time.

bozo quotes Sabi's response calling TFB sus for wanting to kill people. bozo says to Sabi that killing is necessary, but just not Day 1. Sabi never responds.

Flum announces he's with bozo and votes for no-kill

Long break while Flum fucks around with the bot's sorting system.

LOOOOONG break.

then bozo is back asking kgray about whether she has played with Sabi and Bona elsewhere.

Then bozo asks Vecna *where* he played diplomacy 1,5 weeks ago.

Bona answers bozo that he, kgray, and Sabi play diplomacy together.

kgray responds next confirming they've played vF2F dip. Then sabi responds too.

snowy discusses no-kill some more and bozo engages.

----------------------------

Ok, it's very late and I need sleep. The only thing I'm seeing from this is a weird feeling that Sabi was uncomfortable engaging directly with bozo. They engages with almost everyone else, but only bozo when he specifically asks.

Maybe @Doom your reading also sees something?

BunnyGo

#7855 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:30 am

kgray wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:24 am
BunnyGo wrote:

Eden immediately agrees that there's merit to consider no-killing in a no flip game, but we shouldn't commit.

Chaqa and rdr try to argue against it by building a straw man of saying "why not never kill?"

Bona calls bozo a bozo.

ghug engages with bozo saying he agrees it's interesting, but there are issues about actually winning and so he thinks we should kill.

damo immediately disagrees with bozo, makes his "PE is town" post, and votes chaqa.

bozo's 2nd post ignores all these responses and talks with rdr about when rdr last posted on page 1. This is probably NAI since bozo would love to dig in for historic minutiae like this.

bozo does then address Chaqa (and only Chaqa) that no-kill is only 4 day 1 to buy PRs time to hunt without giving scum clues to kill/block them.

TFB says the idea isn't good because the oracle might die and have no daykill for us to learn about.

Until now I don't see anything too heavy. The posts don't scream any obv scum or obv town to me. The one thing I do find interesting:

Sabi is in early, and starts talking and asking questions, but never once addresses bozo. They addresses TFB for calling bozo's idea dumb and says he wants to just kill people.

Now, if Sabi knows TFB and Bona and kgray from elsewhere, I guess it might make sense to ignore everyone but who they knows.

I actually thought the way bozo interacted with Sabi D1 made it unlikely they’re partners. It was addressed to Vecna, but what do you think about it?
I think bozo's interactions were natural. It seems on reread that Sabi was specifically not interacting with bozo directly, despite engaging in the conversations he was involved in. This seems awkward to me.

BunnyGo

#7856 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:31 am

kgray wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:28 am
Fluminator wrote:
Not if she claimed Miller for no reason?
:lol:

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7857 Post by kgray » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:31 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:30 am
kgray wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Bona calls bozo a bozo.

I think bozo's interactions were natural. It seems on reread that Sabi was specifically not interacting with bozo directly, despite engaging in the conversations he was involved in. This seems awkward to me.
Okay. I think it’s more likely that Sabi was just interacting with people they know, like you suggested.

TheFlyingBoat

#7858 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:34 am

Durga wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:07 am
Okay yeah but if she was gf she would have surely put at least a tiny bit of effort to keep herself alive lol
This. If she stuck around I would be much more inclined to hone in on her for her odd behavior and accept the possibility of a 4D chess plan. The fact the she basically seemed to commit suicide in game so quickly leads me to believe she's a VT. What PR or scum would do that?

TheFlyingBoat

#7859 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:36 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:30 am
kgray wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Bona calls bozo a bozo.

I think Sabi just talked to people they knew at first because they're new. I wouldn't read too much into it

TheFlyingBoat

#7860 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:37 am

Fluminator wrote:
I mean maybe if she came back early enough to pull a "jk guys I'm just a VT accelerating the miller claim" but they didn't do that lol