M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
President Eden

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#7641 Post by President Eden » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:10 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:05 pm
If I was bozo and saw my NK was saved and knew they would get notified I would have claimed I saved my NK
I think they genuinely just forgot or else didn't know docsaves were notified. You figure he would just mirror worcej's story rather than claiming that the mafia gave us an extra miskill and strongly implicated a second member of their team just to set up a frame on him.
I got the feeling he was making up his story on the fly, and having to be careful to match it to what we already knew.

Bonatogether

#7642 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:11 pm

##vote bozo ##end, btw

8-)

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7643 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:11 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:09 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:07 pm
Durga wrote:
If I was bozo and saw my NK was saved and knew they would get notified I would have claimed I saved my NK
That doesn't make sense
To expand:

He would have to claim either:
1. He protected Bona
2. He protected a teammate, who would have to cover for him

That second would essentially be a very bad 2-for-2.

The first, why would doc!Bozo ever protect Bona, the one who pushed him out?

Bozo had to claim he didn't make a save
Oh, that's actually a good point.

Bonatogether

#7644 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:11 pm

still catching up

Vecna

#7645 Post by Vecna » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:11 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Durga wrote:
That doesn't make sense
To expand:

1. He protected Bona

Hmm ill concede your argument is fine. It wouldnt have mattered since indeed a safe on Bona was never going to fly after Bona tried to dumpster him hard.

BunnyGo

#7646 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:11 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Durga wrote:
That doesn't make sense
I don’t understand you. It makes perfect sense. The reason NOT to do it is that this way Bona isn’t an auto townclear. Now Bona is tied to worcej. But I don’t think I would have figured that out in the moment.

Durga

#7648 Post by Durga » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:13 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Durga wrote:
That doesn't make sense
To expand:

1. He protected Bona

I mean the second last point is fair but if I wanted to make it competitive against two people that could verify each other that's what I'd do

TheFlyingBoat

#7649 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:15 pm

I literally started dying right after the first cat. Every video was gold.

Vecna

#7650 Post by Vecna » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:15 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:08 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:02 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:00 pm
This is probably the first mafia game I've ever played where I feel like someone is trying to make me feel guilty and a bad person for pushing someone as scum.
The only response.
Lol, I mainly just feel really confused
I mean, it ultimately works in your favor regardless, because these are the typical moments when theres always a few townies getting a tad bit suspicious of me. Scum will have that all-present feeling that itll be impossible to get me daykilled and that theyd really stand out as weird for being suspicious of me.

Too bad youre still a baby kangaroo just along for the ride in Chaqa's pouch. Im sure soon you'll be skippying around and carrying us to a victory in the endgame when we need u the most.

Vecna

#7651 Post by Vecna » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:16 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:15 pm
I literally started dying right after the first cat. Every video was gold.
ok, fine - ill just stop assuming theyre all rickrolls

Fluminator

#7652 Post by Fluminator » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:16 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fluminator wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:02 pm

The only response.
I mean, it ultimately works in your favor regardless, because these are the typical moments when theres always a few townies getting a tad bit suspicious of me. Scum will have that all-present feeling that itll be impossible to get me daykilled and that theyd really stand out as weird for being suspicious of me.

Too bad youre still a baby kangaroo just along for the ride in Chaqa's pouch. Im sure soon you'll be skippying around and carrying us to a victory in the endgame when we need u the most.
Oh no, I wasn't talking about you there

Durga

#7653 Post by Durga » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:17 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:16 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fluminator wrote:

Oh no, I wasn't talking about you there
I assumed this was about kgray

Bonatogether

#7654 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:19 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:20 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:17 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:08 pm
##VOTE Jamiet99uk

Mfu’t hfu uijt csfbe
What does this even say
Bunny will probably figure this out first. If not him then Bona

Kind of off topic but I would discourage people from reading too much into whether someone wants to kill off bozo today or not. There’s decent pro-town arguments for both sides—I’m more persuaded by the idea that the harder we make the WIFOM battle for mafia the better our odds that Chaqa gets a scan off, but Vecna makes a good point that it’s possible the game bogs down (although it hasnt yet that may change)
Let's get this bread :smirk:

Bonatogether

#7655 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:19 pm

snowy801 wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
President Eden wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:08 pm
##VOTE Jamiet99uk

Mfu’t hfu uijt csfbe
What does this even say
it's let's get this bread but like 1 letter forward
sad times

TheFlyingBoat

#7656 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:20 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:19 pm
President Eden wrote:
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

What does this even say
Bunny will probably figure this out first. If not him then Bona

Kind of off topic but I would discourage people from reading too much into whether someone wants to kill off bozo today or not. There’s decent pro-town arguments for both sides—I’m more persuaded by the idea that the harder we make the WIFOM battle for mafia the better our odds that Chaqa gets a scan off, but Vecna makes a good point that it’s possible the game bogs down (although it hasnt yet that may change)
Let's get this bread :smirk:
yrg'f trg guvf oernq

President Eden

#7657 Post by President Eden » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:20 pm

update: Initially promising spews from virtually confirmed mafia about the damo situation gave way to the sad realization that nothing of value could be gleaned from them. They either killed damo because they thought he was the Cop (and thus Chaqa is mafia), or they killed damo to make us think that so we would kill Chaqa (and thus Chaqa is town). Riveting, I know.

On balance I would just assume mafia were setting a frame rather than openly telling us why they did what they did. But it's not very useful. Sad

Vecna

#7658 Post by Vecna » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:22 pm

definatley worth my time :lol:

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#7659 Post by kgray » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:26 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:53 pm
>How do you parse scum!lfischl voting for bozo and not bona if you think bona is conftown and bozo is confscum?

Did lfischl ever consider voting bona? I don't know why bona is the comp here. I think it is pretty easy to square away as random though. The guy had unexplained scum reads on bozo, Eden, and Jamie beyond Eden and Jamie fighting a lot (mutually exclusive reads between Eden and Jamie). I suppose the fact he lazily threw a vote on lfischl for unclear reasons and then just left does lean credence to the idea he's just inactive town, which is fair. Thanks.
Even if it's random it's town-indicative, and I think you'd agree if you were trying to figure out the game.
>Did you really just copy and paste a previous read you had of me and add some stuff about being worried I'm gaslighting you? And please explain why my D1 voting was scummy. I have not heard you give a reason that makes sense to me. Especially since worcej is now conf!town - why would I as scum have any incentive to vote him out over jasnah after Chaqa claimed? Why is moving to jasnah scummy?

I have a semi-continuously evolving doc that I add and remove stuff from when I feel like it. The Day 1 part for you hasn't changed like it has for other so it stayed there as it informs the rest. I thought I explained it pretty though roughly earlier, but Cha -> Jas is weird because most people voted Jasnah because of a strong belief in the towniness of Jasnah and a strong desire to avoid a town kill. I liked the justification that you gave on Day 1 for voting to save her with like 6-7 hours left in the day because it was coherent and sound. I didn't recall you mentioning why you had a town read on Worcej at point in Day 1 when I made my list and now that I've reread your Day 1 posts I still don't see it. I see some claims that you didn't like it or didn't get it but I saw no actual explanation for why ever on D1. Worcej is obviously town now, but what on Day 1 led you to believe it was more likely he was town than someone you seemed very confident was town because her play would make no sense as scum?

tl;dr: If you weren't voting for jasnah and voted for Chaqa you were part of a group of people that thought jasnah was very likely town and that avoiding a DK on her was good. Once Chaqa CCed the next obvious play for most, which is what literally every other Chaqa voter besides you and PE did, is to vote for worcej. And given PE had his vote on Jasnah before he switched it to Chaqa, I find that more self-explanatory.
It wasn't that I thought worcej was more likely to be town than Jasnah, it was that his push felt wrong to me. I just made a decision when Chaqa claimed, I didn't have a million reasons for it. I don't understand why you think it could be scum-motivated, now that you know worcej is town.
>And this is going to sound like I'm shading you, but that's only because it is.... I love that your one question in here is something ghug himself pointed out being suspicious that nobody was asking about. Do you have any other VCA-type thoughts? You're into puzzles, I'd think you'd be doing a bit more thinking about what makes sense rather than give reads based on emotional stuff, mechs discussions, and activity levels.

This game hasn't been conducive to the VCA I'd normally like to do. We've had what 5 non VT role claims in 2 days that make resolving this mess in a coherent manner incredibly hard since when the chips finally fall it's often due to these PR claims and not based on prior reads as much. Doubt I'll get much useful VCA out of today either given hammer bozo is imo the easy and correct call, but I'll check the bot again to see if anything stands out.
I mean, we have more information than you're making it seem like we do. We have 1 scum and at least 2 clears. In fact, all the claims give us extra information. So I feel like you're just making excuses and not even trying to solve the game.

Bonatogether

#7660 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:28 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:28 pm
People who know Bozo- would bozo post if he was town? Cause if everyone thinks your mafia, and you are doc, saying kill me and scan me is obv. the only play. Would Bozo try to still give reads? Or would he head out and decide none of them would be treated seriously anyway?
Bozo is playing his scum meta, got cced, and didn't even protect the person who got attacked. In order for him to be town here, scum has to be trading half their team for this. There are technical possibilities from an outside perspective but the fact is bozo is just scum.