M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BunnyGo

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#7601 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:51 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:46 pm
Vecna is back to being a hard null read, maybe even scum
This.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7602 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:52 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:47 pm
ghug wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:42 pm
@President Eden:

During D1 I was mildly pinged that Bozo was displaying a humorous / frivolous side with his vote for "FlyingFluminator" which I commented on on P.84. I wondered if the normally very dry, serious, non-shitposty Bozo was trying a new meta or something. That vote itself was deliberately ambiguous and the Bot read it as a Flum vote but it could also have been read as an attempted vote on TheFlyingBoat. Either way, as I said, it's not very Bozo-like to fuck around like that, and therefore Bozo was on my radar from that point.

Towards the latter part of D1 I listed Bozo in a possible scum pool which at that time also included Bunny (who had yet to claim), Worcej, and Ghug. (That was when I made the "maybe he got laid" remark that some of you found amusing).

When Bozo showed up again, his vote from many hours prior having been declared invalid, I pressed him on why he'd left an invalid vote up for so long. His reply was that he wanted to draw attention to Fluminator doing the same thing. This seemed a weak response since I'd already drawn attention to it a lot more clearly by asking the GM if ambiguous "Fl___" votes were counted. Bozo's vote had been assumed by some people (including Durga and Chaqa) to be a genuine vote for Flum, so he didn't do a very good job of sending the message he claimed he was in fact trying to communicate.

During N1 it occurred to me that Bozo had not attempted to conduct a survey, which is one of the things he usually occupies himself with on D1.

Early on D2 I mentioned that I was still scum-leaning Bozo and I tried to get a wagon going on him. You (Eden) then started making your weird claims that I'd done nothing and, not long after, Bozo started parroting your crap arguments against me. Nearly word for word as I recall. I asserted that Bozo might be your scum partner.

After taking a bit of a break I noted that a Bozo wagon had finally started to form and I joined it, and encouraged other people to do so.

Later on D2, I wasn't around until the last few moments of EoD. Catching up I was concerned to see Bozo's doc claim, but then saw Worcej's counter claim and felt that of the two, Worcej was more plausible, so I stayed on Bozo. Shame we didn't flip him there and then, but now he's pretty much outed so we should finish the job today.

I hope that answers your question.
tl;dr
This is why people call you an asshole
No u

BunnyGo

#7603 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:52 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:49 pm
Fluminator wrote:
were you reading my scum games, or did my take on end-hammering Bozo cause this?
I was reading your scum games and decided you could have faked what I was giving you credit for. The rest is null

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7604 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:52 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Why?

Vecna

#7605 Post by Vecna » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:53 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:51 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fluminator wrote:
were you reading my scum games, or did my take on end-hammering Bozo cause this?
The latter, I've been working since I learned about your scum games so haven't checked them yet.

Awfully weird you both want to waste a potential oracle shot, and waste a day of meaningful daykill pressure,
I mean, if a simple take like that is enough to change your mind, your read mustve been pretty weak to begin with.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7606 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:53 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Vecna wrote:
Fluminator wrote:
The latter, I've been working since I learned about your scum games so haven't checked them yet.

Awfully weird you both want to waste a potential oracle shot, and waste a day of meaningful daykill pressure,
Oh. Flum is back to being a hard null read, maybe even scum

BunnyGo

#7607 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:54 pm

@Jamie:

How do you feel about India locking in their victory by “failing” and covid test so that England didn’t have a chance to not blow a game with a huge lead?

Durga

#7608 Post by Durga » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:55 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:50 pm
Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:38 pm
Agh I can't keep up with this game when I actually have to work
Weren’t you saying you dislike your job enough to be thinking seriously of leaving?
My job is actually pretty great in the grand scheme of my profession. It's my profession that I'm ready to quit

Durga

#7609 Post by Durga » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:56 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:53 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Vecna wrote:

What, no.

Jamiet99uk

#7610 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:56 pm

ghug wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
@President Eden:

During D1 I was mildly pinged that Bozo was displaying a humorous / frivolous side with his vote for "FlyingFluminator" which I commented on on P.84. I wondered if the normally very dry, serious, non-shitposty Bozo was trying a new meta or something. That vote itself was deliberately ambiguous and the Bot read it as a Flum vote but it could also have been read as an attempted vote on TheFlyingBoat. Either way, as I said, it's not very Bozo-like to fuck around like that, and therefore Bozo was on my radar from that point.

Towards the latter part of D1 I listed Bozo in a possible scum pool which at that time also included Bunny (who had yet to claim), Worcej, and Ghug. (That was when I made the "maybe he got laid" remark that some of you found amusing).

When Bozo showed up again, his vote from many hours prior having been declared invalid, I pressed him on why he'd left an invalid vote up for so long. His reply was that he wanted to draw attention to Fluminator doing the same thing. This seemed a weak response since I'd already drawn attention to it a lot more clearly by asking the GM if ambiguous "Fl___" votes were counted. Bozo's vote had been assumed by some people (including Durga and Chaqa) to be a genuine vote for Flum, so he didn't do a very good job of sending the message he claimed he was in fact trying to communicate.

During N1 it occurred to me that Bozo had not attempted to conduct a survey, which is one of the things he usually occupies himself with on D1.

Early on D2 I mentioned that I was still scum-leaning Bozo and I tried to get a wagon going on him. You (Eden) then started making your weird claims that I'd done nothing and, not long after, Bozo started parroting your crap arguments against me. Nearly word for word as I recall. I asserted that Bozo might be your scum partner.

After taking a bit of a break I noted that a Bozo wagon had finally started to form and I joined it, and encouraged other people to do so.

Later on D2, I wasn't around until the last few moments of EoD. Catching up I was concerned to see Bozo's doc claim, but then saw Worcej's counter claim and felt that of the two, Worcej was more plausible, so I stayed on Bozo. Shame we didn't flip him there and then, but now he's pretty much outed so we should finish the job today.

tl;dr
- Voting me
- Not reading my posts
- Throwing lazy shade on my posts that you're not reading.

Noted.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

BunnyGo

#7611 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:57 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:55 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:50 pm
Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:38 pm
Agh I can't keep up with this game when I actually have to work
Weren’t you saying you dislike your job enough to be thinking seriously of leaving?
My job is actually pretty great in the grand scheme of my profession. It's my profession that I'm ready to quit
That makes sense. My wife’s favorite uncle passed the bar exam and decided to instead tend bar. Ended up having a nice career eventually owning the restaurant.

Bonatogether

#7612 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:57 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:09 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:24 pm
kgray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:45 pm

I'm gonna semi-townclear lfischl for this
Uh, what?
You don't want to semi-townclear lfischl for that?
It's towny, but semi-townclear is a big jump for lurker man

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7613 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:57 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:56 pm
ghug wrote:
Fluminator wrote:

What, no.
It was parody.

Jamiet99uk

#7614 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:57 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:54 pm
@Jamie:

How do you feel about India locking in their victory by “failing” and covid test so that England didn’t have a chance to not blow a game with a huge lead?
This is something about cricket, I assume?

I haven't really been following the cricket lately.
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

Fluminator

#7615 Post by Fluminator » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:57 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fluminator wrote:
Vecna wrote:

I mean, if a simple take like that is enough to change your mind, your read mustve been pretty weak to begin with.
You've been just surfing the cusp of town "enough" almost the entire game

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7616 Post by ghug » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:58 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:56 pm
ghug wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
@President Eden:

tl;dr
- Voting me
- Not reading my posts
- Throwing lazy shade on my posts that you're not reading.

Noted.
I actually did read it. I didn't find it that useful, but I think that's more on the question than the answer, and maybe it'll be useful for Eden.

Vecna

#7617 Post by Vecna » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:59 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Vecna wrote:
Fluminator wrote:

Had to check this, but; you were voting jasnah yourself d1.

So why do you consider it a waste to oracle her potentially, over any random daykill we'd agree on today?

Feels like a pretty weird and random thing to change your mind over on me, especially since it almost feels like you didnt actually read me reasoning for the stuff im pushing.

BunnyGo

#7618 Post by BunnyGo » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:59 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:57 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:54 pm
@Jamie:

This is something about cricket, I assume?

I haven't really been following the cricket lately.
Ah. The series had a lot of drama.

Ok. How do you feel about the people who interacted with bozos “no kill day 1” idea?

Fluminator

#7619 Post by Fluminator » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:00 pm

This is probably the first mafia game I've ever played where I feel like someone is trying to make me feel guilty and a bad person for pushing someone as scum.

Vecna

#7620 Post by Vecna » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:01 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:57 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fluminator wrote:

You've been just surfing the cusp of town "enough" almost the entire game
I mean, you phrase this like its criticism of my play, while its entirely your ability to read me and my contributions that is at fault.